PDA

View Full Version : Any Vitamin experts in Da house?

PPSTATEBOUND
02-05-2010, 10:56 AM
If so whats the best time to take them...Breakfest, Lunch or dinner?

waterboy
02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
I take a multivitamin at bedtime. I also take an Ener-G shot about mid-morning at work...:eek:

WOS87
02-06-2010, 12:51 AM
It really shouldn't matter although there are some that profess that certain B vitamins give them energy which means you should take them in the morning rather than at night or you could develop insomnia.

Most healthy people in developed countries that aren't either big-time alcoholics or around-the-world sailors shouldn't need to take them at all as they should get all that they need in their natural diet. It IS possible to overdose on the lipid-soluble vitamins (A,D,E and K) so don't overdo it.

poisoned10
02-06-2010, 08:28 PM
My wife is the manager of the Vitimins Plus department at the Tyler Drug Emporium. I'll ask her when she gets home.

BullsFan
02-06-2010, 09:45 PM
I always take mine at night since it sometimes makes me sick to my stomach.

Phantom Stang
02-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Y'all might wanna try some of these.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQex5PbaGO0

poisoned10
02-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
If so whats the best time to take them...Breakfest, Lunch or dinner?

I asked my wife and she said probably in the morning.

Farmersfan
02-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I just signed on with a new Personal Care Provider because of an issue of a slightly elevated cholestrol level and he told me to take 4000 I.U. every day of vitamin D. A single "One-A-Day" mens vitamin plus an addtional D suppliment only amounts to about 1000 so 4000 seems like an extraordinary amount. I'm beginning to think either I heard him wrong or he is a nutbar! Anyone have experiences with vitamin D?

95mustang
02-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I just signed on with a new Personal Care Provider because of an issue of a slightly elevated cholestrol level and he told me to take 4000 I.U. every day of vitamin D. A single "One-A-Day" mens vitamin plus an addtional D suppliment only amounts to about 1000 so 4000 seems like an extraordinary amount. I'm beginning to think either I heard him wrong or he is a nutbar! Anyone have experiences with vitamin D?

Did they put you on a Cholesterol medication or a low cholesterol diet? Cholesterol is a precurser to Vitamin D so if a medicaiton inhibits the synthesis of cholesterol it could also inhibit the synthesis of Vitamin D. Like wise most Vitamin D rich foods are high in Cholesterol so when you are on a low cholesterol diet you are basically on a diet that is deficient on Vitamin D so you are required to take more Vitamin D rich supplements.

Hope this helps.

Emerson1
02-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
[BIt IS possible to overdose on the lipid-soluble vitamins (A,D,E and K) so don't overdo it. [/B]
Didn't a Texas pitcher almost OD on Vitamin Water in that 18 inning game last year?

Farmersfan
02-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Did they put you on a Cholesterol medication or a low cholesterol diet? Cholesterol is a precurser to Vitamin D so if a medicaiton inhibits the synthesis of cholesterol it could also inhibit the synthesis of Vitamin D. Like wise most Vitamin D rich foods are high in Cholesterol so when you are on a low cholesterol diet you are basically on a diet that is deficient on Vitamin D so you are required to take more Vitamin D rich supplements.

Hope this helps.

At this point we decided to not start the meds for high cholesterol. My cholesterol level was only 21 points over my target so the Dr. wanted to see if I could correct it with a simple lifestyle change. The low cholesterol diet is the biggest part of the lifestyle change so your comments about Vitamin D makes sense. I also am targeting about 40lbs of weight loss to go along with the cholesterol reduction.
Thanks for you comments.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-09-2010, 01:21 PM
40 lbs.....:eek: dang farmer how fat are you?

waterboy
02-09-2010, 03:09 PM
When he sits around the house, he sits aroooooooouuuuunnnndd the house......:D

He's so fat, he irons his clothes in the driveway...

He's so fat that one day he broke his leg and gravy poured out....

He's so fat that one day he jumped up in the air and got stuck....

He's so fat that the only pictures taken of him had to be taken from a satellite....:D

CHS_89
02-10-2010, 08:43 PM
PPSB,
Take them in the morning after your blood pressure rises from your resting heart rate for optimal effect. If you take at night, your blood pressure lowers, therefore, lessening the distribution of the vitamin through your body via your bloodstream.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks for all the replys.:)

Farmersfan
02-11-2010, 09:58 AM

I recently hit my all time high mark of 260lbs PP! Easy living and Pop Tarts takes it's toll on a person if not kept in check. I just started working out some and trying to get more active and have targeted 220lbs. I have ZERO health issues except a cholestrol level that is a little elevated but still want to get off the excess weight simply for the quality of life issues. I just had my 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday and it gets really, really easy to get comfortable and not pay attention to the little things that effects your health. I rarely drink, I don't smoke and my blood pressure is prefect so I felt I better start now living a proper life because next year I will turn 50.
15 years ago I was 200-210lbs but then opened my own business and my boys started becoming teenagers and I got very inactive and worked all the time. 3 years ago I closed my business and went to work for the Gub'ment but still have not gotten active again. Now is the time!

PPSTATEBOUND
02-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I recently hit my all time high mark of 260lbs PP! Easy living and Pop Tarts takes it's toll on a person if not kept in check. I just started working out some and trying to get more active and have targeted 220lbs. I have ZERO health issues except a cholestrol level that is a little elevated but still want to get off the excess weight simply for the quality of life issues. I just had my 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday and it gets really, really easy to get comfortable and not pay attention to the little things that effects your health. I rarely drink, I don't smoke and my blood pressure is prefect so I felt I better start now living a proper life because next year I will turn 50.
15 years ago I was 200-210lbs but then opened my own business and my boys started becoming teenagers and I got very inactive and worked all the time. 3 years ago I closed my business and went to work for the Gub'ment but still have not gotten active again. Now is the time!

Sounds like a plan. Best of luck. :)

Old Cardinal
02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
This multi-array solution mix was designed to help keep people from losing eyesight from dry & beginning wet macular degenertation.
It has 41 good components and is helping older folks with all kinds of ailments.
Get on the Internet and Goggle it up--it has really help my friends with serious degenerative eye problems. I am trying to be proactive... and this stuff gives you a lot of energy, it nothing else.