PDA

View Full Version : Question about Boerne

WOS87
02-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Okay, I'm trying to put together the Boerne history and am a bit confused about what happened with the new high school opening. Is Boerne Champion a continuation of the old Boerne high or is the Boerne that's dropping to 3A the continuation of old Boerne high? I see that Boerne played an independent schedule in 2009 and wasn't aligned to any UIL district while Boerne Champion competed in 27-4A.

Can someone bring me up to speed?

NastySlot
02-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Okay, I'm trying to put together the Boerne history and am a bit confused about what happened with the new high school opening. Is Boerne Champion a continuation of the old Boerne high or is the Boerne that's dropping to 3A the continuation of old Boerne high? I see that Boerne played an independent schedule in 2009 and wasn't aligned to any UIL district while Boerne Champion competed in 27-4A.

Can someone bring me up to speed?

Boerne High was closed one year for remodeling...so all students went to Champion for one year...Boerne High reopen on the original campus grounds just remodeled....they are the Greyhounds and Champion which was named after a former Boerne High Principal are called the chargers blue and silver are their colors and Boerne high is still purple and white...........also if it helps I know that all the state champion trophies won by Boerne High are still at Gym........so yes Boerne High is a old Boerne High.........they are currently competing with Fred, Bandera, Wimberley Canyon Lake and Ingram Moore in district 30-3A. Played as an independent because the campus reopen this year....with four classes

NastySlot
02-04-2010, 09:38 PM
I will be interested to see your all time football records for boerne...I have spoken to a lot people that tell they can remember when boerne was the size of comfort.

WOS87
02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
So they closed the year of 2008-2009 for remodeling?

NastySlot
02-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
So they closed the year of 2008-2009 for remodeling?

yes....and they reopen this year.....keep an eye on the hounds in baseball...........spoke with a coach that said a lot the former chargers went back to boerne high.

YTBulldogs
02-04-2010, 10:09 PM
WOS,

The team that played an independent schedule this year as a 3A school, is the original Boerne team. And, they did not play in 08-09. Well, they played---but, at Champion. That's correct.

Boerne Champion (4A) is only a few years old.

WOS87
02-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks!!! I've posted the history back to 1975 on its own thread