PDA

View Full Version : If you had a cupcake schedule, and hadn't played real stiff competition u may exit...

cunbed10
11-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Early in the play-offs, for all the teams that are 9-0 and haven't had any real tests, I bid you farewell, take for instance..Liberty Hill, Burnet is about to give those guys a real taste of stiff competition, and next week could easily be Libery Hill's last game.

espn1
11-03-2003, 04:18 PM
cunbed10:
Early in the play-offs, for all the teams that are 9-0 and haven't had any real tests, I bid you farewell, take for instance..Liberty Hill, Burnet is about to give those guys a real taste of stiff competition, and next week could easily be Libery Hill's last game.I don't think Marion will beat Liberty Hill.

Tiny
11-03-2003, 04:27 PM
cunbed10:
Early in the play-offs, for all the teams that are 9-0 and haven't had any real tests, I bid you farewell, take for instance..Liberty Hill, Burnet is about to give those guys a real taste of stiff competition, and next week could easily be Libery Hill's last game.Hey Cunbed, You can bet one thing LH WILL NOT lay down like your boys did at Burnet!!!!!! That was sad.

JasperDog94
11-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Tiny:

cunbed10:
Early in the play-offs, for all the teams that are 9-0 and haven't had any real tests, I bid you farewell, take for instance..Liberty Hill, Burnet is about to give those guys a real taste of stiff competition, and next week could easily be Libery Hill's last game.Hey Cunbed, You can bet one thing LH WILL NOT lay down like your boys did at Burnet!!!!!! That was sad.OUCH! eek!

bulldogvet85
11-03-2003, 05:01 PM
I'm not saying its going to happen or anything just remember anything can happen in the playoffs and who knows maybe marion will surprise us with a win. You just dont know what could happen in the playoffs or on any given day. But we all know what should happen.

<small>[ November 03, 2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: bulldogvet85 ]</small>

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2003, 07:30 PM
cunbed10:
Early in the play-offs, for all the teams that are 9-0 and haven't had any real tests, I bid you farewell, take for instance..Liberty Hill, Burnet is about to give those guys a real taste of stiff competition, and next week could easily be Libery Hill's last game.Thanks for such an outstanding vote of confidence! Are you in District 25-3A? If not, I'm not sure you've earned the right to trash us.

<small>[ November 03, 2003, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

PAINTBALL
11-03-2003, 08:14 PM
LH Panther Mom:

cunbed10:
Early in the play-offs, for all the teams that are 9-0 and haven't had any real tests, I bid you farewell, take for instance..Liberty Hill, Burnet is about to give those guys a real taste of stiff competition, and next week could easily be Libery Hill's last game.Thanks for such an outstanding vote of confidence! Are you in District 25-3A? If not, I'm not sure you've earned the right to trash us.District 24 3A is in my opinion one of the best in state. I'll rate either of our Div. 2 school playoff teams equal to any other in our region. They may lose, but they'll give any team a game of it.

cunbed10
11-04-2003, 08:30 AM
Tiny:

cunbed10:
Early in the play-offs, for all the teams that are 9-0 and haven't had any real tests, I bid you farewell, take for instance..Liberty Hill, Burnet is about to give those guys a real taste of stiff competition, and next week could easily be Libery Hill's last game.Hey Cunbed, You can bet one thing LH WILL NOT lay down like your boys did at Burnet!!!!!! That was sad.We took a nap, and got a rude awakening from Ennis, not Burnet, so that being said, we will take on all comers now, including your 2A playing LH boyz, hope we meet and we will see whose sleepy now.

cunbed10
11-04-2003, 08:38 AM
Hey! Liberty Hill we will be watching the score on Friday, hope you're in for a tune-up, and tiny you really should get a grip sporting a nine and 0 record and barely a 500 team, that sad, and all of this is coming from a Liberty Hill poster that stated Marlin is overrated and Liberty Hill would do the same to the Bulldogs, as Burnet and Ennis did, Ha! don't Make me laugh. Liberty Hill should be a 2-A school and you still wouldn't succeed, BTW what size basketball shoes does the boyz wear, I may send black roses to the school in a few days, see Ya and wouldn'g want to b ya!

MARLINFAN
11-04-2003, 09:13 AM
O.U.C.H. IT LOOKED LIKE THAT HURT. WHY IS IT THAT LH IS 9-0 AND NOT RECIVING ANY VOTES FROM THE AP -POLL. ARLIN IS 5-4 AND RECIVING VOTES. WHY IS THAT

Phil C
11-04-2003, 10:30 AM
I agree anything can happen in the playoffs and you can never tell. The playoffs are a different world because there is no second chance if you lose. I remember in 1962 San Antonio Breckenridge (apologies if spelling is wrong) with Warren McVey (again apologies if spelling is wrong) won the 4A championship (the biggest schools then) and they were not even expected to win district and they were underdogs in every playoff game right up to the championship game with Borger which they won. If there had been a poll that year which team in the playoffs would have least likely to win state they would won that hands down so you never know.

fmsc64
11-04-2003, 03:01 PM
There is one thing for sure those mighty Marlin BullDogs will give Cameron Yoemen a fight. Those Yoemen will be yelling Yoe MaMa!!!

oak flat
11-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Cunbed, I understand your point and agree with you to an extent, but you illustration with Liberty Hill was a poor one. It wouldn't matter if they had played a tough schedule, chances are they wouldn't beat Burnet. No one probably will. Your Marlin team has arguebly played the toughest schedule in 3A, and will be better for it in the long run, but if yall had to play Burnet again yall too would be bumped from the play-offs.

theyoefnshow
11-04-2003, 04:14 PM
that's a pretty moot point. At this time what 3A squad WOULDN'T be bumped by Burnet?

bulldogvet85
11-04-2003, 04:18 PM
even though burnet is prolly going to do VERY well in the playoffs I think we will see some more competition for them. I think some teams are going to really put them to the test just like wimberley did.

olddog73
11-04-2003, 04:27 PM
bulldogvet85:
even though burnet is prolly going to do VERY well in the playoffs I think we will see some more competition for them. I think some teams are going to really put them to the test just like wimberley did.Testing Testing, what was that WimberLEY - Burnet score again?

bulldogvet85
11-04-2003, 04:36 PM
olddog73:

bulldogvet85:
even though burnet is prolly going to do VERY well in the playoffs I think we will see some more competition for them. I think some teams are going to really put them to the test just like wimberley did.Testing Testing, what was that WimberLEY - Burnet score again?hmmm well testing testing did you go to the game and watch? for the first 20 mins of play time the game was scoreless. and McGee was sacked like 3-4 times at the end of the first half he had only completed like 4 passes. Wimberley held them for three plays on the 1 yard line. So basicly even though the score doesnt show it wimberley played a good defensive game against burnet but burnet was just a better team. testing testing mic check out!!!

zippy
11-04-2003, 05:03 PM
I think alot of ppl are using the Wimberly / Burnet game is a confidence booster (thinking Burnet's offense can be held in check). The reality of it is, Burnet hasn't even opened up the playbook yet. They are intentionally holding back for scouting purposes.

bulldogvet85
11-04-2003, 05:09 PM
zippy:
I think alot of ppl are using the Wimberly / Burnet game is a confidence booster (thinking Burnet's offense can be held in check). The reality of it is, Burnet hasn't even opened up the playbook yet. They are intentionally holding back for scouting purposes.you know and you could be right, I pretty much agree with you. but One thing I noticed though is McGee has a little bit of trouble throwing the ball under pressure. Just simply that he wont. I'd like to see him under pressure find a reciever and get rid of it I mean he has made it this far with out an int. I think that stand for something but now stop worrying about the stat and lets make some more plays. But we will see. Well burnet will have to open that playbook in the playoffs but I think we will see some teams that can adjust and continue to put pressure on them, but only time will tell wether it will happen or not.

St. Ivender
11-04-2003, 05:14 PM
"This is supposed to be a happy ocassion. Let's not bicker about who killed who"

bulldogvet85
11-04-2003, 05:18 PM
St. Ivender:
"This is supposed to be a happy ocassion. Let's not bicker about who killed who"Well I just cant get over how my dog got killed by my jerk for a neighbor :mad:

BulldogGrl64
11-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Sorry about your dog, I didn't see him coming. LOL

BulldogGrl64
11-04-2003, 05:43 PM
No matter what anyone says, I don't see Liberty Hill leaving Friday with a win. Burnet is a powerful team with an awesome game. Although they may not have brought out the "playbook" yet, they sure do have an undefeated season, so what does that tell you about Burnet's game? Tell's me that they have a damn good team this year. As far as the playoffs are concerned, I agree 100% that anything can happen and it will depending on how it all unfolds. olddog73, I must say that although I have respect for Burnet and hope to see them win State this year, don't be so quick to get defensive about your team. bulldogvet was supporting the Bulldogs, but simply making the statement that Wimberley put up a good fight against them. And YES Wimberely did do a pretty good job of holding the Bulldogs throughout the game, unfortunately for the Texans, Burnet is just that much better that they were able to overcome it and win. So next time you do a mic test on someone, get all the details first.

olddog73
11-04-2003, 08:35 PM
bulldogvet85:

olddog73:

bulldogvet85:
even though burnet is prolly going to do VERY well in the playoffs I think we will see some more competition for them. I think some teams are going to really put them to the test just like wimberley did.Testing Testing, what was that WimberLEY - Burnet score again?hmmm well testing testing did you go to the game and watch? for the first 20 mins of play time the game was scoreless. and McGee was sacked like 3-4 times at the end of the first half he had only completed like 4 passes. Wimberley held them for three plays on the 1 yard line. So basicly even though the score doesnt show it wimberley played a good defensive game against burnet but burnet was just a better team. testing testing mic check out!!!I was right there on the 30 yard line where I always am during home games. What I saw was a team (WimberLEY) use a different tactic against Burnet that hadn't been used against them this year. While it may have slowed Burnets passing game, Burnet made the necessary adjustments and did what they needed to do. While I thought WimberLEY played a tough game. They were no where near the TEST that I think Burnet will face in the playoffs. Considering the score that Burnet put on WimberLEY, I would have to say they passed the test with flying colors. I don't expect to see the kind of point spread in the playoffs that we have been seeing in district play. The true Test awaits us in the playoffs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

<small>[ November 27, 2003, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

bulldogvet85
11-05-2003, 03:54 AM
olddog73:

bulldogvet85:

olddog73:

bulldogvet85:
even though burnet is prolly going to do VERY well in the playoffs I think we will see some more competition for them. I think some teams are going to really put them to the test just like wimberley did.Testing Testing, what was that WimberLEY - Burnet score again?hmmm well testing testing did you go to the game and watch? for the first 20 mins of play time the game was scoreless. and McGee was sacked like 3-4 times at the end of the first half he had only completed like 4 passes. Wimberley held them for three plays on the 1 yard line. So basicly even though the score doesnt show it wimberley played a good defensive game against burnet but burnet was just a better team. testing testing mic check out!!!I was right there on the 50 yard line where I always am during home games. What I saw was a team (WimberLEY) use a different tactic against Burnet that hadn't been used against them this year. While it may have slowed Burnets passing game, Burnet made the necessary adjustments and did what they needed to do. While I thought WimberLEY played a tough game. They were no where near the TEST that I think Burnet will face in the playoffs. Considering the score that Burnet put on WimberLEY, I would have to say they passed the test with flying colors. I don't expect to see the kind of point spread in the playoffs that we have been seeing in district play. The true Test awaits us in the playoffs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think you basicly said what I said to start when you started with your whole testing testing stuff I said they will see MORE competition in the playoffs. As far as the tatics that burnet hadnt seen before and the adjustments they made that whole line you put in there. They will have to do the same in the playoffs I'm aware of that I think thats something i indirectly made a point about. :rolleyes: peace out

cunbed10
11-05-2003, 08:55 AM
Bunet was better than Marlin on 26Sep03, now that it's November, I don't think the same out come will come out again, and as far as play-offs are concern, I feel both Marlin and Burnet will find themselves in a dog fight starting with the first round, and definitely the second.

jason
11-05-2003, 09:01 AM
Burnet would blow out Marlin again...just cause they got their good running back back, doesnt mean they can stop Burnet from scoring...

BulldogGrl64
11-05-2003, 09:23 AM
Marlin will definitely find themselves in a dog fight against Burnet, but they are also going to find themselves leaving the fight without a victory. Burnet will blow out Marlin again just because they are the dominating team. The only way to beat Burnet is to keep them from scoring, so IF you can figure out how to do that, then Marlin has a chance, but I don't see that happening. Go Burnet Bulldogs!

olddog73
11-05-2003, 09:32 AM
BulldogGrl64:
No matter what anyone says, I don't see Liberty Hill leaving Friday with a win. Burnet is a powerful team with an awesome game. Although they may not have brought out the "playbook" yet, they sure do have an undefeated season, so what does that tell you about Burnet's game? Tell's me that they have a damn good team this year. As far as the playoffs are concerned, I agree 100% that anything can happen and it will depending on how it all unfolds. olddog73, I must say that although I have respect for Burnet and hope to see them win State this year, don't be so quick to get defensive about your team. bulldogvet was supporting the Bulldogs, but simply making the statement that Wimberley put up a good fight against them. And YES Wimberely did do a pretty good job of holding the Bulldogs throughout the game, unfortunately for the Texans, Burnet is just that much better that they were able to overcome it and win. So next time you do a mic test on someone, get all the details first.I had all the details sweetheart :rolleyes:

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

olddog73
11-05-2003, 09:37 AM
bulldogvet85:

olddog73:

bulldogvet85:

olddog73:

bulldogvet85:
even though burnet is prolly going to do VERY well in the playoffs I think we will see some more competition for them. I think some teams are going to really put them to the test just like wimberley did.Testing Testing, what was that WimberLEY - Burnet score again?hmmm well testing testing did you go to the game and watch? for the first 20 mins of play time the game was scoreless. and McGee was sacked like 3-4 times at the end of the first half he had only completed like 4 passes. Wimberley held them for three plays on the 1 yard line. So basicly even though the score doesnt show it wimberley played a good defensive game against burnet but burnet was just a better team. testing testing mic check out!!!I was right there on the 50 yard line where I always am during home games. What I saw was a team (WimberLEY) use a different tactic against Burnet that hadn't been used against them this year. While it may have slowed Burnets passing game, Burnet made the necessary adjustments and did what they needed to do. While I thought WimberLEY played a tough game. They were no where near the TEST that I think Burnet will face in the playoffs. Considering the score that Burnet put on WimberLEY, I would have to say they passed the test with flying colors. I don't expect to see the kind of point spread in the playoffs that we have been seeing in district play. The true Test awaits us in the playoffs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think you basicly said what I said to start when you started with your whole testing testing stuff I said they will see MORE competition in the playoffs. As far as the tatics that burnet hadnt seen before and the adjustments they made that whole line you put in there. They will have to do the same in the playoffs I'm aware of that I think thats something i indirectly made a point about. :rolleyes: peace outI love you man, I just dont agree that WimberLEY was a major test. A major test will be when the other team is able to slow Burnet's scoring on the ground and in the air while managing hold and out manuver our defense in order to put up their own score. Although Wimberley was one of the most effective teams weve faced this year at slowing down our passing game, they were unable to stop our ground game and totally unable to score on us. I understand that you are speaking in support of Burnet, and maybe you were trying to say the same thing that I am. I think Burnet has played some great teams, but I just dont believe that Burnet has really faced a test yet. I expect we will in the very near future. That said I believe Burnet is capable of taking and passing any test put before them. :D :D

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

bulldogvet85
11-05-2003, 01:54 PM
olddawg I understand what you are talking about. but the reason I believe that the run game was so effective for burnet (not taking anything away from burnet at all)is because everyone has come to burnet or played them and said lets get in there and stop McGee/Shipley, but they always over look the run game which I know I have said on other posts is just as good and better then the next team. I knew thats what was going to happen to wimberley they came in focused on McGee and shipley, so I wasnt surprised by levens big game that night. I expected some of the other key recievers to have a real great game that night but they didnt have as big of one as I thought they were there were a few big gain dropped passes. but what is going to need to happen in order for a team to beat burnet is to be able to contain McGee, cover shipley, Stop if not just control the run game,and at the same time keep the rest of the supporting cast controled. Thats alot of people to take care of and as far as I can tell so far I havent seen antone who could possibly do that other than burnet them selves. I think to many teams come in there and say ok what can we do to stop McGee/Shipley. Which is good for burnet but bad for the other teams. Because there are still nine guys on the field you have to handle, and all those guys can make big plays as well wether its opening a damn huge hole for your back to run through, the back caring the ball all night, or your other recievers stepping up cuz shipley is just being covered to heavy. But I think wimberley got things started and other teams can pick up were they left off. The only big thing wimberley failed to do is stop the run game, which I knew was going to be a problem but other than that they got the ball rolling for other teams to find areas to improve were wimberley couldnt succeed.

cunbed10
11-05-2003, 02:14 PM
jason:
Burnet would blow out Marlin again...just cause they got their good running back back, doesnt mean they can stop Burnet from scoring...Like I said on 26Sep03 Burnet was the better team, I didn't say anything about our RB, but since you mentioned it and you're riding Burnet's jock, Forney couldn't Blow the dogs out, stop riding Burnet's Jock and ride on your school, and as far as Burnet is concern, they are good but I Don't see unbeatable, one injury, one off game, or even one better team than Burnet, and it's over, and imagine all of the posts that will accumalate. Jason find your own Identity and stop using Burnet's, I'm a Marlin fan and you will never see me ride another teams jock, support Forney.

BulldogGrl64
11-05-2003, 02:44 PM
WOA down cunbed! Why so much hostility? Just because jason is from Forney doesn't mean that he can't be supportive of Burnet. A lot of people are going for Burnet this year that are from other schools, but that doesn't mean that they are "riding Burnet's jock". So chill out and relax.

bulldogvet85
11-05-2003, 02:48 PM
...........A Burnet growl towl.....$10....

...........ticket to a Forney game.........$5....

...Marlin souvenire................$12.........

.........cunbed10 telling JASON...........Get

out of burnets JOCK.................PRICELESS!!!!
..........For everything else there is.........
..............3a downlow.................
eek! eek! :D :D :cool: :cool:

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: bulldogvet85 ]</small>

olddawggreen
11-05-2003, 05:55 PM
bulldogvet85:
olddawg I understand what you are talking about. but the reason I believe that the run game was so effective for burnet (not taking anything away from burnet at all)is because everyone has come to burnet or played them and said lets get in there and stop McGee/Shipley, but they always over look the run game which I know I have said on other posts is just as good and better then the next team. I knew thats what was going to happen to wimberley they came in focused on McGee and shipley, so I wasnt surprised by levens big game that night. I expected some of the other key recievers to have a real great game that night but they didnt have as big of one as I thought they were there were a few big gain dropped passes. but what is going to need to happen in order for a team to beat burnet is to be able to contain McGee, cover shipley, Stop if not just control the run game,and at the same time keep the rest of the supporting cast controled. Thats alot of people to take care of and as far as I can tell so far I havent seen antone who could possibly do that other than burnet them selves. I think to many teams come in there and say ok what can we do to stop McGee/Shipley. Which is good for burnet but bad for the other teams. Because there are still nine guys on the field you have to handle, and all those guys can make big plays as well wether its opening a damn huge hole for your back to run through, the back caring the ball all night, or your other recievers stepping up cuz shipley is just being covered to heavy. But I think wimberley got things started and other teams can pick up were they left off. The only big thing wimberley failed to do is stop the run game, which I knew was going to be a problem but other than that they got the ball rolling for other teams to find areas to improve were wimberley couldnt succeed.

Bandera YaYa
11-05-2003, 06:08 PM
BulldogGrl64:
WOA down cunbed! Why so much hostility? Just because jason is from Forney doesn't mean that he can't be supportive of Burnet. A lot of people are going for Burnet this year that are from other schools, but that doesn't mean that they are "riding Burnet's jock". So chill out and relax....oh..you're just a kid..and with all these words of wisdom......how nice... :rolleyes:

olddawggreen
11-05-2003, 06:09 PM
bulldogvet85:
olddawg I understand what you are talking about. but the reason I believe that the run game was so effective for burnet (not taking anything away from burnet at all)is because everyone has come to burnet or played them and said lets get in there and stop McGee/Shipley, but they always over look the run game which I know I have said on other posts is just as good and better then the next team. I knew thats what was going to happen to wimberley they came in focused on McGee and shipley, so I wasnt surprised by levens big game that night. I expected some of the other key recievers to have a real great game that night but they didnt have as big of one as I thought they were there were a few big gain dropped passes. but what is going to need to happen in order for a team to beat burnet is to be able to contain McGee, cover shipley, Stop if not just control the run game,and at the same time keep the rest of the supporting cast controled. Thats alot of people to take care of and as far as I can tell so far I havent seen antone who could possibly do that other than burnet them selves. I think to many teams come in there and say ok what can we do to stop McGee/Shipley. Which is good for burnet but bad for the other teams. Because there are still nine guys on the field you have to handle, and all those guys can make big plays as well wether its opening a damn huge hole for your back to run through, the back caring the ball all night, or your other recievers stepping up cuz shipley is just being covered to heavy. But I think wimberley got things started and other teams can pick up were they left off. The only big thing wimberley failed to do is stop the run game, which I knew was going to be a problem but other than that they got the ball rolling for other teams to find areas to improve were wimberley couldnt succeed.Bulldogvet, I agree with what you and olddog73 are saying, but you have failed to mention that the really big thing that Wimberley failed to do (which was absolutly the most important thing they needed to do in order to beat Burnet) was to score against Burnet. You cant win if you cant score. I think this was the main point olddog73 was trying to make with his testing testing post. I agree with olddog73 that our real test are ahead of us. I also believe our Bulldogs are up to any test put in front of them.

bulldogvet85
11-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Bandera YaYa:

BulldogGrl64:
WOA down cunbed! Why so much hostility? Just because jason is from Forney doesn't mean that he can't be supportive of Burnet. A lot of people are going for Burnet this year that are from other schools, but that doesn't mean that they are "riding Burnet's jock". So chill out and relax....oh..you're just a kid..and with all these words of wisdom......how nice... :rolleyes: are you so sure that she is just a kid? She might be a little older than you think. And how bad does this look that an adult(MOM) is going around now and talking trash to a "kid" how bad does that make you look then. what I'm still trying to figure out is how you got a kid out of that quote?

olddawggreen
11-05-2003, 06:23 PM
BulldogGrl64:
WOA down cunbed! Why so much hostility? Just because jason is from Forney doesn't mean that he can't be supportive of Burnet. A lot of people are going for Burnet this year that are from other schools, but that doesn't mean that they are "riding Burnet's jock". So chill out and relax.Trust me, Jasons not supporting Burnet and he's not "riding Burnet's jock". He has only one thing in mind, to see Forney win the State D1 title this year. You might find him pulling your chain through another team though.

PAINTBALL
11-05-2003, 07:32 PM
BulldogGrl64:
WOA down cunbed! Why so much hostility? Just because jason is from Forney doesn't mean that he can't be supportive of Burnet. A lot of people are going for Burnet this year that are from other schools, but that doesn't mean that they are "riding Burnet's jock". So chill out and relax.Trust me. Jason has been "riding Burnet's jock" all season. He does not support Burnet. Sometimes he does lie and post something claiming to support Burnet, but then he admits he really wanted Burnet to lose.

olddawggreen
11-05-2003, 07:39 PM
PAINTBALL:

BulldogGrl64:
WOA down cunbed! Why so much hostility? Just because jason is from Forney doesn't mean that he can't be supportive of Burnet. A lot of people are going for Burnet this year that are from other schools, but that doesn't mean that they are "riding Burnet's jock". So chill out and relax.Trust me. Jason has been "riding Burnet's jock" all season. He does not support Burnet. Sometimes he does lie and post something claiming to support Burnet, but then he admits he really wanted Burnet to lose.I took the term "riding Burnets jock" to mean going along for the ride, supporting Burnet because their winning. Which he is not.

cunbed10
11-06-2003, 09:37 AM
PAINTBALL:

BulldogGrl64:
WOA down cunbed! Why so much hostility? Just because jason is from Forney doesn't mean that he can't be supportive of Burnet. A lot of people are going for Burnet this year that are from other schools, but that doesn't mean that they are "riding Burnet's jock". So chill out and relax.Trust me. Jason has been "riding Burnet's jock" all season. He does not support Burnet. Sometimes he does lie and post something claiming to support Burnet, but then he admits he really wanted Burnet to lose.PB you would be surprise at the amount of folk that wants you to lose, They think you guys are Cocky and boisterous, but hell, Marlin has four losses, and I'm still trash talking and will continue right to the end, and then I will still talk trash, because Marlin is on of the top 10 in 3A and no one is going to change my mind on that, regardless of our record, but back to the subject at hand Jason isn't the only one who wants you to lose, but acts as if he is behind you 100% the first test Burnet gets, when the scores is something like 21-20 and Burnet sqeaks by, everyone will start to post things and the following week everyone will expect you to lose, Burnet team is alot better than I initially thought, but I still think Marlin lost to a better team on 26Sep03, now saying that I think Marlin can win against Burnet if they line up and go forward, instead of going in motion and following Shipley around everywhere he goes causing the defense to shift like crazy and everyone's moving and not focusing on the QB.
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it, but that is a special group you have in Burnet, I would hate to see a early loss, becasue all the posters that seems like they are behind you will definitely come out of the closet. Marlin's losses got more pub, than the shut-outs, everytime you turn around a new posters was saying what happen to Marlin and they are overrated, but now no one seems to have much to say, so we here in Marlin Know what it's like to be the most Hated, and I'm sure Everman does also, they say everyone loves a winner but in all acutality, everyone is waiting on you to fall on your face.

PAINTBALL
11-06-2003, 12:56 PM
cunbed10:

PAINTBALL:

BulldogGrl64:
WOA down cunbed! Why so much hostility? Just because jason is from Forney doesn't mean that he can't be supportive of Burnet. A lot of people are going for Burnet this year that are from other schools, but that doesn't mean that they are "riding Burnet's jock". So chill out and relax.Trust me. Jason has been "riding Burnet's jock" all season. He does not support Burnet. Sometimes he does lie and post something claiming to support Burnet, but then he admits he really wanted Burnet to lose.PB you would be surprise at the amount of folk that wants you to lose, They think you guys are Cocky and boisterous, but hell, Marlin has four losses, and I'm still trash talking and will continue right to the end, and then I will still talk trash, because Marlin is on of the top 10 in 3A and no one is going to change my mind on that, regardless of our record, but back to the subject at hand Jason isn't the only one who wants you to lose, but acts as if he is behind you 100% the first test Burnet gets, when the scores is something like 21-20 and Burnet sqeaks by, everyone will start to post things and the following week everyone will expect you to lose, Burnet team is alot better than I initially thought, but I still think Marlin lost to a better team on 26Sep03, now saying that I think Marlin can win against Burnet if they line up and go forward, instead of going in motion and following Shipley around everywhere he goes causing the defense to shift like crazy and everyone's moving and not focusing on the QB.
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it, but that is a special group you have in Burnet, I would hate to see a early loss, becasue all the posters that seems like they are behind you will definitely come out of the closet. Marlin's losses got more pub, than the shut-outs, everytime you turn around a new posters was saying what happen to Marlin and they are overrated, but now no one seems to have much to say, so we here in Marlin Know what it's like to be the most Hated, and I'm sure Everman does also, they say everyone loves a winner but in all acutality, everyone is waiting on you to fall on your face.It makes no difference to me who does or does not want us to win or lose. Some posters, however including Gobbla and Jason seem to pick on Burnet's high school kids to the point were it's not funny. These kids may be "tennie bobbers" as Jason called them, but their Burnet's teenie bobbers and we love and support them. Every town, including Cuero and Forney have their highschool kids posting on this board. None of the Burnet adults make fun of their kids, and I'm getting real tired of them making fun of our kids. They need to leave them alone.

toby070
11-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Phil C:
I agree anything can happen in the playoffs and you can never tell. The playoffs are a different world because there is no second chance if you lose. I remember in 1962 San Antonio Breckenridge (apologies if spelling is wrong) with Warren McVey (again apologies if spelling is wrong) won the 4A championship (the biggest schools then) and they were not even expected to win district and they were underdogs in every playoff game right up to the championship game with Borger which they won. If there had been a poll that year which team in the playoffs would have least likely to win state they would won that hands down so you never know.True Phil C, another prime example is Medina Valley winning the 3A championship in 1984...I don't think anyone outside of a few Alsatians called that one

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2003, 02:23 AM
cunbed10:
Early in the play-offs, for all the teams that are 9-0 and haven't had any real tests, I bid you farewell, take for instance..Liberty Hill, Burnet is about to give those guys a real taste of stiff competition, and next week could easily be Libery Hill's last game.The crow is being served. Guess what's for dessert? wink

cunbed10
11-17-2003, 08:58 AM
LH Panther Mom:

cunbed10:
Early in the play-offs, for all the teams that are 9-0 and haven't had any real tests, I bid you farewell, take for instance..Liberty Hill, Burnet is about to give those guys a real taste of stiff competition, and next week could easily be Libery Hill's last game.The crow is being served. Guess what's for dessert? wink I hope I get a chance to Meet you and the LH people, and we shall see.