PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLV Logo

crzyjournalist03
02-04-2010, 12:15 PM
http://stadiumblog.dallasnews.com/assets_c/2010/02/0204SBXLVlogo-thumb-200x351-69461.jpg

interesting that next year's Super Bowl logo will be a solid color scheme, a stark departure from the traditional colors.

The NFL had announced that they were rebranding Super Bowl logos starting with next year, and there were rumblings that they would do away with Roman numerals. I'm personally glad that they stayed.

Also interesting is the use of the stadium and Lombardi Trophy. I don't recall ever seeing either of those things on a logo before. Perhaps that's the change that the NFL plans on sticking with moving forward.

Thoughts?

big daddy russ
02-04-2010, 12:27 PM
I kinda like it. It's a clean look. Maybe a little drab, but I definitely prefer it to the rainbow of colors they like to put in there. The old ones looked dated IMO.

3afan
02-04-2010, 12:29 PM
:thumbsup:

crzyjournalist03
02-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I kinda like it. It's a clean look. Maybe a little drab, but I definitely prefer it to the rainbow of colors they like to put in there. The old ones looked dated IMO.

Maybe that's why I've been so fond of the logos in the past. They've always seemed to represent the modernistic style of the time. With the NFL announcing that all logos moving forward will use this template, I think we're going to lose a part of history.

Maroon87
02-04-2010, 01:38 PM
The old logos used to have 500 things going on in them...like with Houston you had space ships and cattle and all this other stuff. I kinda like this one.

kaorder1999
02-04-2010, 01:45 PM
i like it!

IHStangFan
02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
I kinda like it. It's a clean look. Maybe a little drab, but I definitely prefer it to the rainbow of colors they like to put in there. The old ones looked dated IMO. Agreed. Also like that they chose to use the stadium the game will be played in as the backdrop. Kinda cool.

crzyjournalist03
02-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Agreed. Also like that they chose to use the stadium the game will be played in as the backdrop. Kinda cool.

That was apparently the Cowboys' choice. Moving forward, teams will only be allowed to alter the logo by changing colors or the backdrop to incorporate something relevant about the host city. So they probably could have used the Dallas skyline or a star, but the committee chose the stadium in this instance.

HEMOTOXIC
02-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I like it!

Keith7
02-04-2010, 06:39 PM

I think the drab appearance kind of captures the entire vibe of Dallas. It's gotta be one of the most boring cities of over 1 million people in the world.

SintonFan
02-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
http://stadiumblog.dallasnews.com/assets_c/2010/02/0204SBXLVlogo-thumb-200x351-69461.jpg

interesting that next year's Super Bowl logo will be a solid color scheme, a stark departure from the traditional colors.

The NFL had announced that they were rebranding Super Bowl logos starting with next year, and there were rumblings that they would do away with Roman numerals. I'm personally glad that they stayed.

Also interesting is the use of the stadium and Lombardi Trophy. I don't recall ever seeing either of those things on a logo before. Perhaps that's the change that the NFL plans on sticking with moving forward.

Thoughts?

It looks good.
I am glad they chose to stick with Roman numerals, too. It's about the only reason why kids today will know what they mean.

IHStangFan
02-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
That was apparently the Cowboys' choice. Moving forward, teams will only be allowed to alter the logo by changing colors or the backdrop to incorporate something relevant about the host city. So they probably could have used the Dallas skyline or a star, but the committee chose the stadium in this instance. I'd like it even more if the idea of using the stadium as the backdrop became the "default" theme we see.

jdawg2012
02-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Thats legit!