PDA

View Full Version : tarleton head football coach resigned....

jason
02-04-2010, 08:48 AM
headed to texas tech to be an assistant....

i want to say he will be the defensive line coach....

going from being head coach at a div 2 school who made 2nd round of the playoffs to an above average div 1 school....

good career move???

kaorder1999
02-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by jason
headed to texas tech to be an assistant....

i want to say he will be the defensive line coach....

going from being head coach at a div 2 school who made 2nd round of the playoffs to an above average div 1 school....

good career move???

not a bad career move at all. Would you rather make that move to be a coord at the D1 level, probably so. BUT....still not a bad move.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-04-2010, 09:25 AM
I think it's a risk but it may pay off.

kaorder1999
02-04-2010, 09:33 AM
What you have to realize is that every man has different goals and dreams. What might be considered a good career move for me might not be a good career move to someone else with different hopes and dreams. Make sense? I dont think anyone purposely makes a move they think is bad for their career.

ccmom
02-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
What you have to realize is that every man has different goals and dreams. What might be considered a good career move for me might not be a good career move to someone else with different hopes and dreams. Make sense? I dont think anyone purposely makes a move they think is bad for their career. Very well said...:thumbsup:

3afan
02-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by jason

good career move???

ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT HIS CAREER GOALS ARE

4th & short
02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
He probably doubled his salary

westtxfballfan
02-04-2010, 07:21 PM
And smart move by Tech to add a coach that has recruited the state of Texas for a while now since most of their new staff are out-of-staters that will have to get to know the Texas coaches, etc. McElroy was a defensive assistant at North Texas, Sam Houston State, and was on the staff at Baylor, Texas State and Navarro Junior College a while back.

Tuberville quote on recruiting's importance when he hired his staff: “I can hire a lot of people that can put Xs and Os on the board,’’ Tuberville said. “We’re going to have recruiters here. Guys that enjoy recruiting, that No. 1 can evaluate, and that No. 2, can do a great job of representing Texas Tech and selling what we have here.

“There’s not one guy that I can say, ‘He’s a little bit weak in recruiting.’ That’s not going to happen with us. You have to have nine very good ones.’’

Tuberville said he looked for a good offensive coordinator and a good defensive coordinator, “and everybody else, I looked at recruiting first.’’

http://www.redraiders.com/2010/02/03/sadler-retires-tarleton-state-head-coach-added-as-tech-assistant/

SintonPirateFan
02-04-2010, 08:57 PM
i see it as a promotion... seen lots of coaches work their way up the chain this way.

and Tarleton could do themselves a favor by naming Cary Fowler permanent head coach instead of interim. He is a great coach, motivator, and a good family man. Got to know him a little when he worked at MSU--great guy.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
i see it as a promotion...
I read he'd be making $187k. I don't know what he was making at Tarleton, but I'd bet it's a considerable raise. PLUS - he doesn't have the HC pressures.

Z-RO
02-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Art Briles took a lower position at Tech (I think RB's coach...not sure) that seemed to have worked out pretty well for him.:thinking:

SintonPirateFan
02-09-2010, 07:45 PM
any word on a replacement yet? candidates?

jason
02-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
any word on a replacement yet? candidates? heard the def coord was the leading candidate...e

also heard that the off coord was staying in stephenville and that was easing a lot of the pressure...