La Grange

Cuero really tried early to play Navasota......your coach said "NO"
To bad, would have been a good matchup.

HEMOTOXIC
02-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Cuero really tried early to play Navasota......your coach said "NO"
To bad, would have been a good matchup.

There will be many holes to fill at Navasota for 2010 including QB and most of the defense. I know we thought that the 2009 season was going to be a rebuilding year, but, I really think that this year will be tough for the Rattlers. However, 2011 should be an exciting year. I have confidence in Fedora. He will put the best team possible on the field.

And as far as playing Cuero goes, I would have loved to have seen that as well.

Bull's-eye
02-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I heard that Bellville & Navasota aren't playing. :(

HEMOTOXIC
02-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I heard that Bellville & Navasota aren't playing. :(

It's tentative...Someone from Wharton posted that Navasota was playing the Tigers in week 4 or 5....IDK.

www.navasotaexaminer.com

Navasota moves to six-team district

BY SCOTT MCDONALD, Examiner Publisher
Published:
Wednesday, February 3, 2010 3:26 PM CST
Navasota fans won’t really travel much further to district games the next two years, but they’ll drive to some new towns. In the University Interscholastic League’s biennial realignment, Navasota finds itself in District 23-3A with Caldwell, Giddings, La Grange, Rockdale and Smithville for the 2010-11 and 2011-12 academic years.

“I kind of expected us to go back to playing some teams from the previous district we were in,” said Navasota football coach and athletic director Lee Fedora. “With Sealy and Bellville going towards Houston, it was different.”

Although no schedules can be set in stone until at least Feb. 19, Fedora said some potential non-district matchups for the Rattlers football team will be Madisonville (3A), Bellville (3A), Cameron (2A), Rudder (4A) and Willis (4A).

“Our district is going to be a tough football district from top to bottom,” Fedora said. “There’s no pushover on any given night. If you don’t play you’re A game you’re going to get beat.”

It’s quite different in basketball where the Rattlers will be removed from district foes Rudder and Madisonville. However, potential state playoff second-round matchups for the Rattlers would still include stalwarts Cleveland and Hardin-Jefferson.

District 23-3A

Caldwell

Giddings

La Grange

Navasota

Rockdale

Smithville

Blue42
02-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Wow D-23 looks strong!