PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs. Snyder Alumni game

GetRDoneStangs
02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
I have not heard much about this at all!!

Next Friday, February 12th, in Mustang Bowl. It looks like you have to "pay to play".

Looks like both rosters have a ways to go!!

West Texas Allumni Football (http://westtexasalumni.eventbrite.com/)

TheDOCTORdre
02-03-2010, 04:44 PM
the mustangs on paper seem to have a long way to go to filling up their roster but thats just because the moneys havent been all paid, however we have a good 20-25 showing up for practice consistently not including those who cant travel to make the practices. I would like to take this moment to say that no matter how many years they are removed from Snyder High, SHNYDER ALUMNI STILL SUCK:stirpot:

GetRDoneStangs
02-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I think KXOX is trying to get information so they can start pushing it to the public.

This could be fun...Football in February!!!!

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
I have not heard much about this at all!!

Next Friday, February 12th, in Mustang Bowl. It looks like you have to "pay to play".

Looks like both rosters have a ways to go!!

West Texas Allumni Football (http://westtexasalumni.eventbrite.com/)

Hahaha. Get you some DU_stud. :clap: :D

Looking4number8
02-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I would like to take this moment to say that no matter how many years they are removed from Snyder High, SHNYDER ALUMNI STILL SUCK:stirpot:

Shouldnt that have thread of it ownhttp://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/921.gif

Ranger Mom
02-03-2010, 05:01 PM
I guess Greenwood's was played this last weekend. I never heard anything about it!!

Sweetwater Red
I think KXOX is trying to get information so they can start pushing it to the public.

This could be fun...Football in February!!!!

I didn't even know about it until I saw a flyer on the door at
Skeet's last week.

cr180t
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Shouldnt that have thread of it ownhttp://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/921.gif

NO

Black_Magic
02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
the mustangs on paper seem to have a long way to go to filling up their roster but thats just because the moneys havent been all paid, however we have a good 20-25 showing up for practice consistently not including those who cant travel to make the practices. I would like to take this moment to say that no matter how many years they are removed from Snyder High, SHNYDER ALUMNI STILL SUCK:stirpot: maybe the Dr should show up, play and show all the Snyder Alums how to play.;)

Phantom Stang
02-03-2010, 07:48 PM
I see that Skye Green and Duone Cunnings have signed up for Sweetwater.

GetRDoneStangs
02-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey DaHop.....

you gonna dig out some of your Alma Mater clothes or heck maybe even suite up!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Man if you don't want to suite up...maybe help coach or trainer??

Just asking....:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Nevermind that GetRDone. I'd like to see
Black Magic trying to chase down Skye or
Duone. :thinking: :D

GetRDoneStangs
02-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Nevermind that GetRDone. I'd like to see
Black Magic trying to chase down Skye or
Duone. :thinking: :D

That would be a site to see!!!

Is he a tigger alum??

If so maybe he will........naw.....he won't!

:nerd: :nerd:

TheDOCTORdre
02-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
maybe the Dr should show up, play and show all the Snyder Alums how to play.;)

be careful what you wish for BM, the Doctor IS in and will be on the 12th to show ya'll tiggers how its done

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Yes GetRDone. BM is a Snyder alumni.

And

Dre if you make the game text me. I'll be there too.

TheDOCTORdre
02-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Yes GetRDone. BM is a Snyder alumni.

And

Dre if you make the game text me. I'll be there too.

oh i'll be there, i'm playing:D

Ex-Tiger2005
02-04-2010, 05:43 PM
oh i'll be there, i'm playing:D

Good! :devil:

lakers
02-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Dewhite Wells
What high school did you go to?: Snyder High school
Where do you live now?: Snyder Texas
What positions do you think you'll want to play?: RBorWR
What year did you graduate (ex 1997): may 24/06

Uh Oh Sweetwater!!!:eek:

Sweetwater Red
02-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Dewhite Wells

Nah. Skye will catch him every time. :D

TheDOCTORdre
02-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Dewhite Wells

it aint nothing, we got a "hard hitter" to take care of him

lakers
02-04-2010, 06:01 PM
it aint nothing, we got a "hard hitter" to take care of him

I hope you are not referring to yourself.
:D

TheDOCTORdre
02-04-2010, 06:05 PM
I hope you are not referring to yourself.
:D

no no, im one of the beef eaters on the O-line

lakers
02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
no no, im one of the beef eaters on the O-line

gotcha, just checkin.

STANG RED
02-05-2010, 01:17 AM
I found pics of some of the shnydr cheerleaders that will be cheering on the little tigger alums. I hear these were the best looking girls they could find in that hell hole of a town.:devil:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/marlinkd/OMG/omg.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/marlinkd/OMG/omg11.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/marlinkd/OMG/omg3.jpg

mlb04stangs
02-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Dewhite Wells What high school did you go to?: Snyder High school Where do you live now?: Snyder Texas What positions do you think you'll want to play?: RBorWR What year did you graduate (ex 1997): may 24/06 Uh Oh Sweetwater!!!
Ask what happen to his older brother when he ran his mouth on tv before coming down to the bowl. He left before half time with a broken sternum.:)

Black_Magic
02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by mlb04stangs
Ask what happen to his older brother when he ran his mouth on tv before coming down to the bowl. He left before half time with a broken sternum.:) You are so full of crap! Malcom Never broke a thing in that game or in any game in the years he played and infact played the entire game vs sweetwater... Broken Sternum??? PLEASE! Prime example of something being more and more distorted as years go on. He went into the game averaging 200 yards a game and SW held him to just under a hundred that game as I remember. Good greif , you hold a guy to under his average and then it turns into him getting kocked out of the game years later. In a few more you guys will be saying he has been in a wheelchair ever since:rolleyes:

mlb04stangs
02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Come on now I have the game in full and will give it to so u can watch it and c that when the d line hits him when he tries to cut back hes done for, and never came back in and thats a fact.

mlb04stangs
02-05-2010, 11:36 AM
try more in the range of 30 yards for the game.

Black_Magic
02-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Your full of crap. Broken Sternum??? please. Bet you dont remember the ball bouncing off the upright in Big Spring either.:rolleyes: Besides what does Malcom wells have to do with this game? He isnt even playing in it. Sorry , Just cant keep from laughing at the Broken Sternum comment. just shows how blown out of proportion somting can can be years later. In a few years they will be saying a choper landed at mid field and flew him to the ER:rolleyes:

mlb04stangs
02-05-2010, 11:56 AM
had already graduated when yall played in the semis against us or yall would've never even scored.

mlb04stangs
02-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Like I said I have the film if you want to watch it then u can come back on here and say that ur full of it.

ccmom
02-05-2010, 11:57 AM
had already graduated when yall played in the semis against us or yall would've never even scored.

Oh my....
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Black_Magic
02-05-2010, 12:01 PM
had already graduated when yall played in the semis against us or yall would've never even scored. WOW!! you must have been Great?? So I guess you went on to college and plalyed ball on Saturdays? From this statement maybe we can deduce that you played games on Sunday as well? To keep that Snyder team out of the endzone was something nobody even came close to doing .

cr180t
02-05-2010, 12:01 PM
He did return. It was a nice hit but a little over the top nothing broken. I as well do have the tape from several angles. It was a good game I even think we were leading at half time. Then Sweetwater had a very good 3rd qtr. What number were you and we will watch your big hit.

cr180t
02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
WOW!! you must have been Great?? So I guess you went on to college and plalyed ball on Saturdays? From this statement maybe we can deduce that you played games on Sunday as well? To keep that Snyder team out of the endzone was something nobody even came close to doing .

Why you know someone who played in the NFL.

Black_Magic
02-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Why you know someone who played in the NFL. Yes I do know a few. But none of them could have kept that Snyder 2004 team out of the endzone. Maybe this guy from SW was the exception though.

cr180t
02-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Oh my....

In 1927 Snyder had a great team shut out Sweetwater in Snyder. One of the best teams in School history was 1931. Had like 7 shutouts wonder if any of those guys will be playing. Kinda like the field of dreams. BM played lineback on that team.:)

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Why you know someone who played in the NFL.

Hahaha:D

mlb04stangs
02-05-2010, 12:08 PM
number 33

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 12:11 PM
WOW!! you must have been Great?? So I guess you went on to college and plalyed ball on Saturdays? From this statement maybe we can deduce that you played games on Sunday as well? To keep that Snyder team out of the endzone was something nobody even came close to doing .

Oh lighten up Black Magic. :mad:

I'm sure you NEVER embelished some of your playing day
memories...at any level you were playing. :rolleyes:

Black_Magic
02-05-2010, 12:13 PM
In 1927 Snyder had a great team shut out Sweetwater in Snyder. One of the best teams in School history was 1931. Had like 7 shutouts wonder if any of those guys will be playing. Kinda like the field of dreams. BM played lineback on that team.:) BB?? who is that?

Black_Magic
02-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Oh lighten up Black Magic. :mad:

I'm sure you NEVER embelished some of your playing day
memories...at any level you were playing. :rolleyes: I was the best drummer in the drumline. We tore it up every friday night.:D Tried to have a drumoff with the punks from SW but the twerp broke his stick in the middle of trying to keep up with me. You know kinda like dualing bangos except with drums.:p

mlb04stangs
02-05-2010, 12:15 PM
its hard too when u never seen the field

Black_Magic
02-05-2010, 12:18 PM
its hard too when u never seen the field Not true!. Been on the field many half times .

Ex-Tiger2005
02-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Ask what happen to his older brother when he ran his mouth on tv before coming down to the bowl. He left before half time with a broken sternum.:)

Not even close!!! Hahaha! I bet you felt good about yourself til now.

mlb04stangs
02-05-2010, 12:21 PM
I still fell good even better now that I signed up for the game so how many of u guys on here talking gonna b out there next sat. getting it handed to them?

cr180t
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
its hard too when u never seen the field

U saw the field. I remember you played LB. You were a very good football player.

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh my....

Please forgive his cockiness. But, understand...him and Mychael
Carillo actually beat Wylie a couple of times. So, you can
understand where he get's it. :devil: :D

cr180t
02-05-2010, 12:29 PM
U r right the 2002 team was one of the best ones we played against. We played them in double overtime. That game even helped a 3A downlow poster move up to varsity so he could deep snap teh next week. Right - ASUFrisbeeStud

Ex-Tiger2005
02-05-2010, 12:30 PM
He did return. It was a nice hit but a little over the top nothing broken. I as well do have the tape from several angles. It was a good game I even think we were leading at half time. Then Sweetwater had a very good 3rd qtr. What number were you and we will watch your big hit.

He must be the guy Isaac hit on punt return!!! Becuz his memory may have been affected on that hit!!!

cr180t
02-05-2010, 12:31 PM
No he was right behind him though. He was on the punt team.

Black_Magic
02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
He must be the guy Isaac hit on punt return!!! Becuz his memory may have been affected on that hit!!! :eek: :eek: The guy who got his earpads knocked loose from his headgear?:clap: That would explain it but I think this guy is not him. This guy would have made the takle.

Ex-Tiger2005
02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
I still fell good even better now that I signed up for the game so how many of u guys on here talking gonna b out there next sat. getting it handed to them?

i'll be there!

ahh its the great michael straley!

ccmom
02-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Please forgive his cockiness. But, understand...him and Mychael
Carillo actually beat Wylie a couple of times. So, you can
understand where he get's it. :devil: :D

Well, knowing that he was on a Sweetwater team that beat Wylie narrows down the possibilites a great deal, so thanks for the tip.... :cool:

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Well, knowing that he was on a Sweetwater team that beat Wylie narrows down the possibilites a great deal, so thanks for the tip.... :cool:

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :D

Besides, I think Ex-tiger2005 figured it out all by himself. :eek:

Ex-Tiger2005
02-05-2010, 01:17 PM
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :D

Besides, I think Ex-tiger2005 figured it out all by himself. :eek:

Thank you! :cool:

I am not scared to give him his props he prolly was the best LB we faced!

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-05-2010, 01:18 PM
U r right the 2002 team was one of the best ones we played against. We played them in double overtime. That game even helped a 3A downlow poster move up to varsity so he could deep snap teh next week. Right - ASUFrisbeeStud

sounds about right except I played on the '01 team

Ex-Tiger2005
02-05-2010, 01:21 PM

its on Friday dont be late!
:devil:

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Thank you! :cool:

I am not scared to give him his props he prolly was the best LB we faced!

He was. :thumbsup:

Best one we've had this decade with Justin Adames coming in second.

Ex-Tiger2005
02-05-2010, 01:28 PM
He was. :thumbsup:

Best one we've had this decade with Justin Adames coming in second.

That guy was a player! He was young when we played that game in Big Spring. The growth from the game in S'water til that game in Big Spring was amazing. In S'water he got his butt knocked around all game then when we played in Big Spring he knocked us right back. Good player!

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 02:03 PM
That guy was a player! He was young when we played that game in Big Spring. The growth from the game in S'water til that game in Big Spring was amazing. In S'water he got his butt knocked around all game then when we played in Big Spring he knocked us right back. Good player!

Eric Martinez was no slouch either. I hated his rooster strutting :dispntd:.
But, he was fun to watch play. Especially against Monahans and Wylie. :D

Ex-Tiger2005
02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Eric Martinez was no slouch either. I hated his rooster strutting :dispntd:.
But, he was fun to watch play. Especially against Monahans and Wylie. :D

Haha! E Mar is a good friend of mine!

mlb04stangs
02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
I just messing around guys this game has nothing to do with the fact that were playing Snyder just wanted to talk a lil noise I just signed up to play today, and the only reason I did is my 16 month old son that just LOVES!!! football already and I figured I try to go show him how it's done.

Ranger Mom
02-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Ya'll crack me up!!!

MDIBTY at it's finest!!!!:)

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I just messing around guys this game has nothing to do with the fact that were playing Snyder just wanted to talk a lil noise I just signed up to play today, and the only reason I did is my 16 month old son that just LOVES!!! football already and I figured I try to go show him how it's done.

Funny thing is I went to the on-line editions of the Sweetwater and
Abilene newspapers to see if I could find Wells stats for that game
and who do I see on the front page of yesterday's SW paper? :thinking: :D

Ex-Tiger2005
02-05-2010, 03:07 PM

Haha! We are in the same boat man. My little man just turned 2 and he is all about the football!

Ex-Tiger2005
02-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Funny thing is I went to the on-line editions of the Sweetwater and
Abilene newspapers to see if I could find Wells stats for that game
and who do I see on the front page of yesterday's SW paper? :thinking: :D

???

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 03:12 PM
???

mlb04stang knows what I meant. :)

cr180t
02-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Is that a picture of a family member

mlb04stangs
02-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Was I in the paper or you talking bout my wife cause I think they were on the front page, shes the secretary up at the chamber.

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Was I in the paper or you talking bout my wife cause I think they were on the front page, shes the secretary up at the chamber.

Yeah your wife. I just thought it was funny that I was searching
for stats for a game you mentioned and she was on the front
page of the paper. :nerd:

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ya'll crack me up!!!

MDIBTY at it's finest!!!!:)

Shouldn't you be practicing your downhill skiing? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
02-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Shouldn't you be practicing your downhill skiing? :thinking:

:confused: :confused:

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 06:18 PM
:confused: :confused:

See the Lindsey Vohn article thread. I thought what I posted was kinda funny. But apparently no one else did. Lol

A year or two ago, with the right mix of posters, they would have took what I posted and ran with it. :(

Ranger Mom
02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
See the Lindsey Vohn article thread. I thought what I posted was kinda funny. But apparently no one else did. Lol

A year or two ago, with the right mix of posters, they would have took what I posted and ran with it. :(

Awww!!! I just read it!! Thank you!! I am flattered!! :inlove:

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-06-2010, 11:09 PM
I saw the lights on in the Bowl, it's getting close

Ex-Tiger2005
02-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I saw the lights on in the Bowl, it's getting close

Just a few more days now!

How is the buzz there in S'water? Do you think a lot of people will show due to HS sports still going on?

Black_Magic
02-08-2010, 11:30 AM
I saw the lights on in the Bowl, it's getting close They fired up the tourches there?? You guys should upgrade the lights like you did the outhouses.:devil:

Ex-Tiger2005
02-08-2010, 02:42 PM
They fired up the tourches there?? You guys should upgrade the lights like you did the outhouses.:devil:

:evilgrin:

Ex-Tiger2005
02-08-2010, 03:35 PM
What bout you BM do you know how our fan base will respond to this game?

Phantom Stang
02-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Reliving the glory days and helping out in the present
Written by Amanda Moreno
Monday, 08 February 2010

The Snyder vs. Sweetwater Alumni game, set for Friday, Feb. 12, at 7:30 p.m., is bringing a piece of the old and a piece of the new together.
"We decided to have the game take place because it's a great way to unite football players from across the years," Joy Helbring, with Alumni Football USA, said. "It gives them another chance to play football in their hometown, against a rival high school."
While the alumni will be taking to the field, the junior class of Sweetwater High School will be manning in the concession stands. All the proceeds made at the concession stand will go to the junior class.
"It's a great way to give organizations, like the junior class of Sweetwater, an opportunity to earn some money," Helbring said.
The game will follow high school game rules and teams will be outfited in full-contact game gear.
"This is a chance for the players to relive the glory days on the grid iron," Helbring said. "This is a serious, spectacular, one time football game, with community players representing their high schools."
Bob Cazet, the founder of Alumni Football USA, started this organization 19 years ago, according to information provided by Helbring. The program has been active in other states, but this is the first year that a game has been organized in Texas. Tim Bishop is the Texas Regional Director.
"As you know, football is huge in Texas," Helbring said. "The alumni football games here will be on a much grander scale than the rest of the country."
Half of the money from pre-sale tickets will go back into the schools.
Helbring said this is not your typical football game; the players are stronger, more mature, thicker, wiser and maybe a step slower. Despite these factors, they are still on the field, hitting, tackling and making the fans love them.
The Snyder vs. Sweetwater game is only one of five games that will be played in West Texas. Three games took place in Crane, on Feb. 6, and one will take place in Odessa, on Feb. 13. So far, there have been 1,500 players sign up, to take part in these games, and that's only in a portion of Texas.
If you would like to attend the game, it will be at the Mustang Bowl on Friday, Feb. 12, at 7:30 p.m.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/188774/1/

Ex-Tiger2005
02-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Reliving the glory days and helping out in the present
Written by Amanda Moreno
Monday, 08 February 2010

The Snyder vs. Sweetwater Alumni game, set for Friday, Feb. 12, at 7:30 p.m., is bringing a piece of the old and a piece of the new together.
"We decided to have the game take place because it's a great way to unite football players from across the years," Joy Helbring, with Alumni Football USA, said. "It gives them another chance to play football in their hometown, against a rival high school."
While the alumni will be taking to the field, the junior class of Sweetwater High School will be manning in the concession stands. All the proceeds made at the concession stand will go to the junior class.
"It's a great way to give organizations, like the junior class of Sweetwater, an opportunity to earn some money," Helbring said.
The game will follow high school game rules and teams will be outfited in full-contact game gear.
"This is a chance for the players to relive the glory days on the grid iron," Helbring said. "This is a serious, spectacular, one time football game, with community players representing their high schools."
Bob Cazet, the founder of Alumni Football USA, started this organization 19 years ago, according to information provided by Helbring. The program has been active in other states, but this is the first year that a game has been organized in Texas. Tim Bishop is the Texas Regional Director.
"As you know, football is huge in Texas," Helbring said. "The alumni football games here will be on a much grander scale than the rest of the country."
Half of the money from pre-sale tickets will go back into the schools.
Helbring said this is not your typical football game; the players are stronger, more mature, thicker, wiser and maybe a step slower. Despite these factors, they are still on the field, hitting, tackling and making the fans love them.
The Snyder vs. Sweetwater game is only one of five games that will be played in West Texas. Three games took place in Crane, on Feb. 6, and one will take place in Odessa, on Feb. 13. So far, there have been 1,500 players sign up, to take part in these games, and that's only in a portion of Texas.
If you would like to attend the game, it will be at the Mustang Bowl on Friday, Feb. 12, at 7:30 p.m.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/188774/1/

Nice! :2thumbsup

Who-dun-it!!?
02-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Whats the admission charge?

Z-RO
02-09-2010, 02:06 AM
I cant help but think this is super freaking cool

Ex-Tiger2005
02-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Whats the admission charge?

On the Alumni home page is says $8 Adults, $5 Kids Under 18 & Seniors Over 65, Free 6 & Under

STANG RED
02-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Are there rosters out for the teams yet?

I heard Cumbie will QB for Snyder, and Mycheal Carillo will be QB for Sweetwater. That alone is the worth the price of admission, if its true.

Black_Magic
02-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Are there rosters out for the teams yet?

I heard Cumbie will QB for Snyder, and Mycheal Carillo will be QB for Sweetwater. That alone is the worth the price of admission, if its true. Thats News to me. Dont think its true. BTW. Carillo couldnt hold Cumbie's Jock strap...:rolleyes: Two totaly different caliber QB's. Carillo was really good but does not compair to Cumbie

cr180t
02-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Carillo was great might be the best Football player I have had to Coach against at least one of them. He could change a game in a hurry

Black_Magic
02-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Carillo was great might be the best Football player I have had to Coach against at least one of them. He could change a game in a hurry shhh dont tell them that.

Z-RO
02-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Wasnt there 2 Carillo brothers? Mycheal and Kendall?

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Wasnt there 2 Carillo brothers? Mycheal and Kendall?

Yeah there was, I believe Kendall is still playing baseball at UT.

Phantom Stang
02-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Who's coaching?

Ex-Tiger2005
02-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Who's coaching?

Our coach is Sid Gutierrez. He was an senior OL in the '03-04 season.

STANG RED
02-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Thats News to me. Dont think its true. BTW. Carillo couldnt hold Cumbie's Jock strap...:rolleyes: Two totaly different caliber QB's. Carillo was really good but does not compair to Cumbie

If I were just looking for a drop back passer alone, I might pick Cumbie over Carillo. But in all other aspect of playing QB, or as just a football player in general, Carillo is head and shoulders better than Cumbie. It isnt even close.

Black_Magic
02-09-2010, 12:19 PM
If I were just looking for a drop back passer alone, I might pick Cumbie over Carillo. But in all other aspect of playing QB, or as just a football player in general, Carillo is head and shoulders better than Cumbie. It isnt even close. OK:rolleyes: Tell me what Carillo did after HS?? Here is Cumbie.

College career
Cumbie played college football for the Texas Tech Red Raiders. Cumbie served as a back up quarterback until his senior year when he led the nation in passing yards with 4,742, the sixth most all-time in NCAA Division I history.[1]

Cumbie lead #23 ranked Texas Tech to a win in the 2004 Holiday Bowl over then #4 California Golden Bears. Cumbie went 39-60 (65%) and a career high 520 yards and three touchdowns.[2] His performance in that game earned him M.V.P. honors.

[edit] Professional career
Cumbie was signed as a free agent by the Indianapolis Colts after college, but later released. And as of the 2006 season he briefly signed with the Baltimore Ravens, but was released. Today Cumbie is the starting quarterback for the San Angelo Stampede Express of the Indoor Football League. Cumbie, who started 12 games last season as a rookie, returns as the Avengers starting quarterback in 2007. He agreed to a two-year contract on Oct. 19, 2005, which will keep him in Los Angeles through the 2007 AFL season. Playing in a total of 13 games in 2006, Cumbie completed 268-of-450 for 3,241 yards and 59 touchdowns in 2006. He also scored three touchdowns on the ground. In 2007 Cumbie led the Avengers to the playoffs while throwing for 83 touchdown passes and 4,370 yards.

If Carillo can even come close to this I will be very impressed.

STANG RED
02-09-2010, 12:28 PM
OK:rolleyes: Tell me what Carillo did after HS?? Here is Cumbie.

College career
Cumbie played college football for the Texas Tech Red Raiders. Cumbie served as a back up quarterback until his senior year when he led the nation in passing yards with 4,742, the sixth most all-time in NCAA Division I history.[1]

Cumbie lead #23 ranked Texas Tech to a win in the 2004 Holiday Bowl over then #4 California Golden Bears. Cumbie went 39-60 (65%) and a career high 520 yards and three touchdowns.[2] His performance in that game earned him M.V.P. honors.

[edit] Professional career
Cumbie was signed as a free agent by the Indianapolis Colts after college, but later released. And as of the 2006 season he briefly signed with the Baltimore Ravens, but was released. Today Cumbie is the starting quarterback for the San Angelo Stampede Express of the Indoor Football League. Cumbie, who started 12 games last season as a rookie, returns as the Avengers starting quarterback in 2007. He agreed to a two-year contract on Oct. 19, 2005, which will keep him in Los Angeles through the 2007 AFL season. Playing in a total of 13 games in 2006, Cumbie completed 268-of-450 for 3,241 yards and 59 touchdowns in 2006. He also scored three touchdowns on the ground. In 2007 Cumbie led the Avengers to the playoffs while throwing for 83 touchdown passes and 4,370 yards.

If Carillo can even come close to this I will be very impressed.

If Carillo had just been a few inches taller, someone would have given him the chance, and I have no doubt he would have done great. But I'm not telling you anything you dont already know, whether you'll admit it or not. You also know, Carillo could do things athletically that Cumbie couldnt even dream of. Well he might dream about it, but thats about all. But yes, Cumbie can throw a football real good.

Black_Magic
02-09-2010, 12:37 PM
If Carillo had just been a few inches taller, someone would have given him the chance, and I have no doubt he would have done great. But I'm not telling you anything you dont already know, whether you'll admit it or not. You also know, Carillo could do things athletically that Cumbie couldnt even dream of. Well he might dream about it, but thats about all. But yes, Cumbie can throw a football real good. we are talking about being a football player. not hop scotch, jumprope, golf, tennis or anyother thing. They both played QB. One went on to bigger things after HS and built on name. we are not talking about if one could win a punt pass or kick competition. The position of QB. They throw the ball. can carillo outrun Cumbie? Im sure he can. SO.... He may also be a better freethrow shooter.. what difference does that make?

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-09-2010, 12:42 PM
we are talking about being a football player. not hop scotch, jumprope, golf, tennis or anyother thing. They both played QB. One went on to bigger things after HS and built on name. we are not talking about if one could win a punt pass or kick competition. The position of QB. They throw the ball. can carillo outrun Cumbie? Im sure he can. SO.... He may also be a better freethrow shooter.. what difference does that make?

Carillo was actually All-American at Hardin Simmons, just so you know.

Ex-Tiger2005
02-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Is he even playing in the alumni game? i thought he had restrictions to other football teams. I know last time i talked to him he was playing on the arena team there in Abilene.

STANG RED
02-09-2010, 12:47 PM
we are talking about being a football player. not hop scotch, jumprope, golf, tennis or anyother thing. They both played QB. One went on to bigger things after HS and built on name. we are not talking about if one could win a punt pass or kick competition. The position of QB. They throw the ball. can carillo outrun Cumbie? Im sure he can. SO.... He may also be a better freethrow shooter.. what difference does that make?

Hes twice as quick, can certinly run circles around Cumbie, can step in a play defense as good as anyone, and can catch anything thrown in his direction that he can get his hands on. And he was actually a great passer, but your buddy Jackson only let him do it once or twice a game. Cumbie can throw the ball, thats it. But like I said before, you know all these things as well as I do, just as I know you'll never admit to it.

STANG RED
02-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Is he even playing in the alumni game? i thought he had restrictions to other football teams. I know last time i talked to him he was playing on the arena team there in Abilene.

Id figure both Cumbie and Carillo would have restrictions that would keep them from playing, so I doubt the rumor I heard was true. It would be fun to watch though.

Ex-Tiger2005
02-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Id figure both Cumbie and Carillo would have restrictions that would keep them from playing, so I doubt the rumor I heard was true. It would be fun to watch though.

Well i kno Cumbie is not playing for sure. Unless someone knows something i dont, which would be weird since i am rite next to sid in all this stuff.

Ex-Tiger2005
02-09-2010, 12:54 PM

Will you be at the game Stang?

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2010, 01:06 PM

Oh please! Terry Clemmer was a better QB than Cumbie. Let
alone Mychael. :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2010, 01:09 PM
I cant help but think this is super freaking cool

Or super freaking hilarious. I can't wait to watch the beer gutted
out of shape Snyder boys sucking wind while trying to compete
against the far superior athletes that are the Sweetater Alumni.:thinking: :D

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2010, 01:11 PM

I know for a fact that some of the members of the 90's teams
that won 40 in a row have been contacted. Wouldn't it be nice to
see Willie Amos or Shaun Carr one more time? It wouldn't be fair
for Snyder though. :thinking: :devil:

Black_Magic
02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Hes twice as quick, can certinly run circles around Cumbie, can step in a play defense as good as anyone, and can catch anything thrown in his direction that he can get his hands on. And he was actually a great passer, but your buddy Jackson only let him do it once or twice a game. Cumbie can throw the ball, thats it. But like I said before, you know all these things as well as I do, just as I know you'll never admit to it. Like I said. Playing QB the proof is in the pudding I noticed you didnt even put up any stats to compare. maybe carillo could outplay him at Free safety.. Does not matter. Sonny was by far the best QB. 6th all time single season passer in NCAA history.

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
nvm

ccmom
02-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Where's Cumbie? :confused:

Below is a list of the top 10 career passing leaders in NCAA football history.

Timmy Chang, Hawaii: (2000-2004) 17,072 yards
Ty Detmer, BYU: (1988-91) 15,031
Colt Brennan, Hawaii: (2005-07) 14,193
Philip Rivers, North Carolina State: (2000-03) 13,484
Kevin Kolb, Houston: (2003-06) 12,964
Tim Rattay, Louisiana Tech: (1997-99) 12,746
Luke McCown, Louisiana Tech: (2000-03) 12,666
Chris Redman, Louisville: (1996-99) 12,541
Kliff Kingsbury, Texas Tech: (1999-02) 12,429
Byron Leftwich, Marshall: (1998-02) 11,903

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/individualrecords/a/rec-passcareer.htm

I think he said "single season"....not career....but carry on....:D

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2010, 01:32 PM
I think he said "single season"....not career....but carry on....:D

Yes he did. But, as usual your are quicker than me. :D

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Oh now he didn't!!! :eek: :doh: :D

Kyle Freeman
What high school did you go to?: Snyder
Where do you live now?: Snyder
What positions do you think you'll want to play?: DE or LB
What year did you graduate (ex 1997): 1985

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STANG RED
02-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Will you be at the game Stang?

I'll be there, but I'm smart enough to just be a spectater. :D
20 years ago though, I'd been dumb enough to get out there and bang heads with you boys.
You think Snyder will bring a good crowd?
Will this game be played again in Snyder next year, or is this just a one time deal?

Ex-Tiger2005
02-09-2010, 02:54 PM
I'll be there, but I'm smart enough to just be a spectater. :D
20 years ago though, I'd been dumb enough to get out there and bang heads with you boys.
You think Snyder will bring a good crowd?
Will this game be played again in Snyder next year, or is this just a one time deal?

I hope Snyder brings a good crowd but I dont live there any more so I have not really heard. I hope it is more than one year but if it goes south on Friday for me personally i will be coaching next year not playing. :D

Ex-Tiger2005
02-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Oh now he didn't!!! :eek: :doh: :D

Kyle Freeman
What high school did you go to?: Snyder
Where do you live now?: Snyder
What positions do you think you'll want to play?: DE or LB
What year did you graduate (ex 1997): 1985

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont be fooled he is still a beast! :devil:

Phantom Stang
02-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Here's one for fans of the book and movie, "Friday Night Lights"....

* Boobie Miles
What high school did you go to?: Permian
Where do you live now?: Monahans
What positions do you think you'll want to play?: RB/LB
What year did you graduate (ex 1997): 1988

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Dont be fooled he is still a beast! :devil:

Beast??? Who? This chump? :thinking: :evillol:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/BlackMagic.jpg

Ex-Tiger2005
02-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Beast??? Who? This chump? :thinking: :evillol:

I dont even kno that guy! :confused:

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2010, 06:03 PM
I dont even kno that guy! :confused:

Sure you don't. :thumbsup:

Black & Gold
02-09-2010, 09:36 PM

Has anyone else heard about the bounty someone put on this guy?

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2010, 11:36 PM
I haven't heard anything. But I'll pay 5K to anyone that breaks his sternum. :thinking: :devil:

STANG RED
02-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Black & Gold

Has anyone else heard about the bounty someone put on this guy?

I've heard Rogers has put up a nickle.

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 10:42 AM
I haven't heard anything. But I'll pay 5K to anyone that breaks his sternum. :thinking: :devil: You should go and play too. Show your kid how its done.

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
You should go and play too. Show your kid how its done. I hear there is a bounty on Black and Gold for raiding trucks loaded with Rogain and Dexatrim bound for CVS

http://jr.snyder.esc14.net/2007-08/7th%20Grade%20TAKS%20Cookout%205.21.08/PICT0126.JPG

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Found a look alike..
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/homersimpson-css.gif

Sweetwater Red
02-10-2010, 11:06 AM
You should go and play too. Show your kid how its done.

Nah. I don't know about Snyder. But, here in Sweetwater that's
what we pay our coaches for. :thinking:

Besides, you don't want me to play because my sole purpose
would be to hit you so hard that you would think you'd just been
hit by Ronnie Lott and Steve Atwater simultaneously as you
stumbled off the field much in the same manner Troy Aikman did
after being hit by LaVar Arrington. :evillol:

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Besides, you don't want me to play because my sole purpose
would be to hit you so hard that you would think you'd just been
hit by Ronnie Lott and Steve Atwater simultaneously as you
stumbled off the field much in the same manner Troy Aikman did
after being hit by LaVar Arrington. :evillol: Yep your right. you would do too much damage. Thanks for sparing us.

Sweetwater Red
02-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Yep your right. you would do too much damage. Thanks for sparing us.

That's all you got? :(

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 11:18 AM
That's all you got? :( oh, you were serious? WOW.. I knew folks from Sweetwater were mostly all talk but didnt know until now to what extent. Again , thanks for not playing.;)

Sweetwater Red
02-10-2010, 11:53 AM
oh, you were serious? WOW.. I knew folks from Sweetwater were mostly all talk but didnt know until now to what extent. Again , thanks for not playing.;)

Yes, I was 100% serious about having the same athletic ability as
the two hardest hitting safeties to ever play the game and you're
welcome. :2thumbsup

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Yes, I was 100% serious about having the same athletic ability as
the two hardest hitting safeties to ever play the game and you're
welcome. :2thumbsup Tell us all more SR.. Im intrested in your college and any other ball you played? you must have been an All American If you out played Ronnie Lot and Atwater. What College you play for?

Sweetwater Red
02-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Tell us all more SR.. Im intrested in your college and any other ball you played? you must have been an All American If you out played Ronnie Lot and Atwater. What College you play for?

I never said I outplayed Lott or Atwater and my lone career
highlight was when I once solo tackled Earl Campbell. :eek:

How about you? :thinking:

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 12:38 PM

How about you? :thinking: I was the drumajor for the Snyder marching Band. THE PRIDE OF THE WEST!!. I also played the drums.

Sweetwater Red
02-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I was the drumajor for the Snyder marching Band. THE PRIDE OF THE WEST!!. I also played the drums.

Well the world needs band geeks too. :nerd:

Black & Gold
02-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Is this Black Magic?

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5263/kyledb.th.jpg (http://img31.imageshack.us/i/kyledb.jpg/)
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1008/20021220hothornb02b230.th.jpg (http://img31.imageshack.us/i/20021220hothornb02b230.jpg/)

Or is this? I am confused.

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Well the world needs band geeks too. :nerd: Thanks! I try! I say be the best band geek you can if your going to be one:thumbsup:

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5263/kyledb.th.jpg (http://img31.imageshack.us/i/kyledb.jpg/)

Is this Black Magic?

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1008/20021220hothornb02b230.th.jpg (http://img31.imageshack.us/i/20021220hothornb02b230.jpg/)

Or is this? I am confused. If it is , it fits this weeks theme. HYAAA!!

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Black & Gold Look alikes

http://zacharyguitars.com/UncleFester_01.jpg
Orhttp://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgfp1374+friends-forever-shrek-donkey-shrek-2-poster.jpgor

Or
http://blog.seattlepi.com/undraftedfreeagent/library/dynamo.jpg http://jr.snyder.esc14.net/2007-08/7th%20Grade%20TAKS%20Cookout%205.21.08/PICT0126.JPG :clap:http://srhabay.wikispaces.com/file/view/HomerSimpson48.gif/61853282/HomerSimpson48.gif

Ex-Tiger2005
02-10-2010, 02:33 PM
OMG! Yall are hilarious!:1popcorn:

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 02:43 PM
OMG! Yall are hilarious!:1popcorn: :D

Black & Gold
02-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Black Magic in some of his various disguises!!!

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6779/sesamestreetbigbird.th.jpg (http://img59.imageshack.us/i/sesamestreetbigbird.jpg/)
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4108/proboscismonkeybignose.th.gif (http://img190.imageshack.us/i/proboscismonkeybignose.gif/)
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2993/bigredw.th.jpg (http://img713.imageshack.us/i/bigredw.jpg/)
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2469/toucansized.th.jpg (http://img713.imageshack.us/i/toucansized.jpg/)

Sweetwater Red
02-10-2010, 02:59 PM
OMG! Yall are hilarious!:1popcorn:

If you think that is funny you shoulda been here when Black Magic
outed a few of his...uh..."peers".:eek:

Outed (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78005&highlight=black+gold+magic)

Ranger Mom
02-10-2010, 04:49 PM
If you think that is funny you shoulda been here when Black Magic
outed a few of his...uh..."peers".:eek:

Outed (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78005&highlight=black+gold+magic)

I thought that entire thread was hilarious......it's amazing what a difference 2 years can make.....that thread would now be considered against the rules!!!

Ex-Tiger2005
02-10-2010, 05:25 PM
I thought that entire thread was hilarious......it's amazing what a difference 2 years can make.....that thread would now be considered against the rules!!!

thats what i was thinking when i read it! :eek:

Sweetwater Red
02-10-2010, 05:46 PM

I know. I miss THAT version of the DL. :(

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 05:56 PM

I really dont think you can call that a tackle. Earl Campbell tripping over you when your drunk and passed out on the sidewalk on 6th street in Austin back 30 or so years ago does not count as a solo tackle.

Black_Magic
02-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Here is another of Black and golds look alikes
http://www.hogansheroesfanclub.com/images/tvGuide06may1967p16SchultzPictureLarge.jpg

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 11:25 AM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/forecast_5day-2.jpg

Ranger Mom
02-11-2010, 11:37 AM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/forecast_5day-2.jpg

I thought about driving over and witnessing it......but I changed my mind.

Ex-Tiger2005
02-11-2010, 11:40 AM
I wonder if it will get moved since it is not a UIL function? :thinking:

pirate4state
02-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I thought about driving over and witnessing it......but I changed my mind. Well, that settles it...I'm not going either! LOL :devil:

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 11:57 AM
I thought about driving over and witnessing it......but I changed my mind.

:(

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well, that settles it...I'm not going either! LOL :devil:

:mad:

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 03:13 PM
ttt cause just so I could say Snyder alumni suck

sectionCwannabe
02-11-2010, 03:18 PM
prediction, mustangs win tiger cubs cry and then buy the beer!

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Who is gonna be there that is not playing other than me and
STANG RED?

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I should be.

Ex-Tiger2005
02-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by sectionCwannabe
prediction, mustangs win tiger cubs cry and then buy the beer!

:hand:

Ex-Tiger2005
02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
why are we the ones that have to get the beer always? do yall not drink in sweetwater?

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 04:31 PM
why are we the ones that have to get the beer always? do yall not drink in sweetwater?

Well, I can't speak for everyone. But, I do. :wave:

Oh and get Bud Light in the bottle please. :D

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 04:33 PM

sorry Red but I heard Snyder is gonna have to buy hard liquor tomorrow night to ry and forget about the beating they're gonna get

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 04:37 PM
sorry Red but I heard Snyder is gonna have to buy hard liquor tomorrow night to ry and forget about the beating they're gonna get

This is true. Good thing Jack's is only three blocks away.
They'll be able to get both in one stop. :thinking:

Ex-Tiger2005
02-11-2010, 04:39 PM

I like ur style Red! :cool:

Ex-Tiger2005
02-11-2010, 04:40 PM

You are just looking to get in a war of words arent ya! ;)

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 04:42 PM
You are just looking to get in a war of words arent ya! ;)

well I was hoping to that way ya'll would have something ya'll could compete in, since the game is gonna be a no contest:D

Ex-Tiger2005
02-11-2010, 04:44 PM
well I was hoping to that way ya'll would have something ya'll could compete in, since the game is gonna be a no contest:D

nice! what position you gonna play?

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 04:45 PM
nice! what position you gonna play?

right guard lol, alot of smack talk for a lineman

Ex-Tiger2005
02-11-2010, 04:48 PM
right guard lol, alot of smack talk for a lineman

left guard! we got big rick to play so i bet you will see a lot of him.

GetRDoneStangs
02-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Who is gonna be there that is not playing other than me and
STANG RED?

I B there!!

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 04:56 PM
I B there!!

Cool beans! Why don't I have your cell #? :confused:

Ex-Tiger2005
02-11-2010, 05:28 PM
yall stick around so i can say hi to yall after the game!

keenoace
02-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Just found out about this game. Read the article in the paper saw that the Ramon brothers are playing. At least Snyder will have 3 points.

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 05:36 PM
yall stick around so i can say hi to yall after the game!

I was thinking maybe a group pic of the posters that played in
the game would be cool. Maybe we can get one after the game?:thinking:

ccmom
02-11-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm hoping someone takes pics DURING the game, as well!! :)

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm hoping someone takes pics DURING the game, as well!! :)

Or you could just make the drive over and take some for yourself?:thinking: :)

ccmom
02-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Or you could just make the drive over and take some for yourself?:thinking: :)

I am organizing my sock drawer that night, or I definitely would. :D

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 05:59 PM
I am organizing my sock drawer that night, or I definitely would. :D

Wow! That's less believable than the "I'll be washing my hair" excuse. :D

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 09:36 PM
23 hours til kickoff...I cant wait. how bout a M&G after the game for some drinks?

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-11-2010, 10:03 PM
23 hours til kickoff...I cant wait. how bout a M&G after the game for some drinks?

Sounds like a good idea to me, Azteca?

STANG RED
02-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me, Azteca?

I'll get my guns loaded and knives sharpened and meet yall there. ;)

Ranger Mom
02-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Someone REALLY needs to take some pics during the game and at any M&G. If I was going, I would put myself in charge, but I'm not!!

Sweetwater Red
02-12-2010, 09:00 AM
If I was going, I would put myself in charge, but I'm not!!

Why not? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
02-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Why not? :thinking:

My daughter and son-in-law bought a house, so I am helping her pack, for one.

It's supposed to be cold, for another.

And the third biggest reason, I will have my granddaughter tonight!!!:eek:

Sweetwater Red
02-12-2010, 09:17 AM
My daughter and son-in-law bought a house, so I am helping her pack, for one.

It's supposed to be cold, for another.

And the third biggest reason, I will have my granddaughter tonight!!!:eek:

Oh okay. Well, atleast you're not organizing your sock drawer.:D

Ranger Mom
02-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Oh okay. Well, atleast you're not organizing your sock drawer.:D

Nope....actually did that LAST weekend. (Seriously!):nerd:

Ex-Tiger2005
02-12-2010, 09:59 AM
I was thinking maybe a group pic of the posters that played in
the game would be cool. Maybe we can get one after the game?:thinking:

i am down for that! idk where we are getting dressed tho so i might be lost after the game!

Sweetwater Red
02-12-2010, 10:13 AM
i am down for that! idk where we are getting dressed tho so i might be lost after the game!

Well, I figured ya'll could gather on the field near the home
sideline and a picture could be taken with ya'lls pads on. After the
game of course.

Ex-Tiger2005
02-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Well, I figured ya'll could gather on the field near the home
sideline and a picture could be taken with ya'lls pads on. After the
game of course.

yea i can do that!

Black_Magic
02-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I been bustin My butt to get some of the alumni pride of the west to come play at the game but cant get ahold of many. The rest say they dont want to come march in the snow and see a repeat of the 52-0 unexciting spanking Sweetwater took the last time these towns squared off on the football field so they decided to just hear about the game from the folks on the internet. So Sorry folks no band.:(

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-12-2010, 12:36 PM
I'll get my guns loaded and knives sharpened and meet yall there. ;)

Sounds like a plan to me.

sectionCwannabe
02-12-2010, 01:57 PM
sounds like alot of fans will be there too to watch the tiger cubs get spanked!!

Black_Magic
02-12-2010, 02:00 PM
I just got the word that Cumbie will be playing as well as will clay. Good luck to the mustangs;)

Snydertigersrul
02-12-2010, 05:07 PM
I just got the word that Cumbie will be playing as well as will clay. Good luck to the mustangs;)

I heard that Tony DeGrate, the 1983 Lombardi Trophy Award winner, left this morning and will make an appearance. I bet he's ready to kick some red uniforms.

Sweetwater Red
02-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Black Magic just had a clear shot at our QB and totally whiffed after our QB ducked.
Hahaha. :doh: :D

WOS87
02-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Someone REALLY needs to take some pics during the game and at any M&G. If I was going, I would put myself in charge, but I'm not!!

Rita got a GREAT pic of Junior (Dre) and Ex-Tiger2005 together that she posted on Facebook

GetRDoneStangs
02-13-2010, 12:27 AM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs385.snc3/23524_307840830858_656160858_3370432_2864325_s.jpg

Fun game to watch, best we could tell no one was hurt 2 bad...until the morning!!:D

Snyder wins 3-0.

Sweetwater Red
02-13-2010, 01:09 AM
My hat is off to dre, Ex-Tiger2005, and Black Magic. All three played a helluva game.:clap:

Word is the game will be played again next year. If so, here's hoping it will be better
publicized and there will be more participation by both alumni and fans.

TheDOCTORdre
02-13-2010, 09:32 AM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs385.snc3/23524_307840830858_656160858_3370432_2864325_s.jpg

best we could tell no one was hurt 2 bad...until the morning!!:D

early word was we had two players with concussions and another couple of injurues

skins4life
02-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Hilarious game to watch from a this fans point of view. Both defenses played real well and both offenses well, you know, if you were there, you saw it. I have to also appluad all of the players that were willing to get on the field and go at it the way they did. The rivalry lives!!! Can't wait to watch the game next year!!!

On another note, some one needs to SHOOT the gigantic white dogs that roam the highway around the old cinema on business 20 west. I had to navigate old blue right between them has they were running across the road. They never looked at my little ole S-10, or if they did, they must have been thinking "That thing wont hurt us if it does hit us" as the bolted across the road. Dang, I thought I was going to "you know want" in my pants!!

STANG RED
02-13-2010, 01:08 PM
It might have helped some, if we would have had an actual QB on the field. Then again, I'm not sure it would have helped much. But is sure couldnt have hurt. I'm thinking we may have mustered 30 yards of offense, and Snyder may have had 100. There were lots of negetive plays on both sides though, so its hard to judge.
All in all though, it was fun to watch. Saw a few dang good hits by both defenses. I'm sure there are lots of guys from both sides that will be very sore for a few days. Some may need to take a week of vacation to recover.
I hope they continue this game for many years to come. I think there will be lots more participation of players and fans in the future, if it gets established as a yearly event.
I'm a bit surprised at how poorly it was marketed. I think there were lots of people setting at home, not even knowing the game was taking place. Maybe that will get better in the future.

GetRDoneStangs
02-13-2010, 01:42 PM
early word was we had two players with concussions and another couple of injurues

Yep, Michael Straley was one of them. I saw his pic on Cindy's face book and he looked totally lost.

Michael if you read the post, update us on how you are doing!!! Hope you doing better!!

Sweetwater Red
02-13-2010, 01:49 PM
What happened to Alan Copeland Sr.? He had his eye wrapped
up with what might have been an ice pack underneath.:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
02-13-2010, 01:51 PM
It might have helped some, if we would have had an actual QB on the field. Then again, I'm not sure it would have helped much. But is sure couldnt have hurt. I'm thinking we may have mustered 30 yards of offense, and Snyder may have had 100. There were lots of negetive plays on both sides though, so its hard to judge.
All in all though, it was fun to watch. Saw a few dang good hits by both defenses. I'm sure there are lots of guys from both sides that will be very sore for a few days. Some may need to take a week of vacation to recover.
I hope they continue this game for many years to come. I think there will be lots more participation of players and fans in the future, if it gets established as a yearly event.
I'm a bit surprised at how poorly it was marketed. I think there were lots of people setting at home, not even knowing the game was taking place. Maybe that will get better in the future.

I agree. But, I'm a little disappointed that Green and Cunnings didn't
play.

Stownhorse
02-13-2010, 02:12 PM
I havent been on here in a LONG time. I read this thread and learn that BLACK_MAGIC is still delirious in every argument he is in.

BUT, does anyone have the rosters? I want to see who actually played that I know.

GetRDoneStangs
02-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I havent been on here in a LONG time. I read this thread and learn that BLACK_MAGIC is still delirious in every argument he is in.

BUT, does anyone have the rosters? I want to see who actually played that I know.

I think Stang Red has one

Sweetwater Red
02-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

Sweetwater Roster

3 Chris Aguilar
5 Dale Zetzman
10 Shawn Kincaid
11 Logan Glass
16 Esteven Cerda
17 Bryan Boyd
18 Isaac Cotherman
19 Cory Ferguson
21 Tim Medina
22 Jacinto Rosas
23 Steven Fields
24 Roberto Gonzalez
25 Robert Holsey
26 Justin Adames
32 Jeffrey Straley
33 Michael Straley
42 Alan Copeland Jr.
44 Clyde DeLao
50 Chris Hamlin
52 Lamont Thompson
60 Maurice Rosas
66 Michael Longoria
70 Andres Serrano
74 Andrew Medina
75 Jesus Rico
76 Michael Hollis
78 Alan Copeland Sr.
82 Angel DeLao
86 Travis Wright

STANG RED
02-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I agree. But, I'm a little disappointed that Green and Cunnings didn't
play.

Im not surprised Skye didnt play. He is still on scholarship at Tech, and I seriously doubt his coaches would let him play.

bigwood33
02-13-2010, 05:15 PM
What were the ages of some the oldest players on each team?

cr180t
02-13-2010, 05:16 PM
45 or so

GetRDoneStangs
02-13-2010, 05:17 PM
A couple in their 40's, but most 20 -30

TheDOCTORdre
02-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Im not surprised Skye didnt play. He is still on scholarship at Tech, and I seriously doubt his coaches would let him play.

so is he still aat tech for sure? some of the guys were saying that he is at angelo now but nothing for sure was said

Z-RO
02-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Does anybody have any pics from this game?

Sweetwater Red
02-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Does anybody have any pics from this game?

Yes

mlb04stangs
02-14-2010, 02:22 PM
I guess I'm alright. Remember being on the field for the opening kickoff then the next thing I remember is being on the sidelines with like a min left in the first half, so if anybody has film or something,would like to c it to c what I did, cause my dad and brother said I played alot in between there.

TheDOCTORdre
02-14-2010, 03:32 PM
I guess I'm alright. Remember being on the field for the opening kickoff then the next thing I remember is being on the sidelines with like a min left in the first half, so if anybody has film or something,would like to c it to c what I did, cause my dad and brother said I played alot in between there.

glad to see your feeling a bit better mike, good to see ya again. I'll be praying for a full recovery

cr180t
02-14-2010, 03:33 PM
How was the equipment?

TheDOCTORdre
02-14-2010, 03:40 PM
How was the equipment?

it was pretty good for the most part

Black_Magic
02-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Well It was a fun game. Good thing nobody came away with a broken sternum.:p Loved every minute of it. I dont think Sweetwater crossed the 50 but once all night. Smothering D kept Sweetwater off the field and most of the game was played on the sweetwater side of the field. Kept looking for mlb04stangs but didnt see him much. Snyder kept trying to get fancy when in the scoring position and would self destruct trying to do something flashy instead of doing what got us down in scoring position. Game was really not as close as the score indicated. Snyder most likely had under 200 yards for sure but had somthing like 150-175. Good win. Shut them out and Shut them up. Well shut them out anyway:clap:

STANG RED
02-15-2010, 05:56 PM
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/marlinkd/Swater%20Snyder%20alum%20game%202010/100_0493-1.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/marlinkd/Swater%20Snyder%20alum%20game%202010/100_0495-1.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/marlinkd/Swater%20Snyder%20alum%20game%202010/100_0494-1.jpg

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Is BM wearing an Oakland Raiders helmet?

STANG RED
02-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Is BM wearing an Oakland Raiders helmet?
Yep.
So where were you?

Ranger Mom
02-15-2010, 06:14 PM
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/marlinkd/Swater%20Snyder%20alum%20game%202010/100_0493-1.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/marlinkd/Swater%20Snyder%20alum%20game%202010/100_0495-1.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/marlinkd/Swater%20Snyder%20alum%20game%202010/100_0494-1.jpg

That made me laugh!!!:D :D