PDA

View Full Version : Fun Facts of the day with yours truly

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 02:17 PM
ALL The TEA In CHINA!
Most of us have heard the phrase "all the tea in China", as in " I wouldn't give up xxxx for all the tea in China".

But how much tea is there really in the whole of China???

It turns out that a few years ago the UN actually released figures stating that all the tea in China, amassed to a whopping 800,345 metric tons!

BEAST
02-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
ALL The TEA In CHINA!
Most of us have heard the phrase "all the tea in China", as in " I wouldn't give up xxxx for all the tea in China".

But how much tea is there really in the whole of China???

It turns out that a few years ago the UN actually released figures stating that all the tea in China, amassed to a whopping 800,345 metric tons!

So what does that have to do with the price of tea in China??:D

BEAST

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Many people think that Hollywood is situated in California because of all of the glorious sunshine associated with the area, but the real reason behind the placement of Hollywood is a little more sly than most would think.

While it is true that it takes a lot of light to produce good films, especially in the early days of the industry, it actually had much more to do with patent infringement.

Thomas Edison, the noted inventor, still held a patent on film cameras, and the movie makers who were infringing on those rights weren't too keen on handing over their cash either, so to get as far away from Edison's lawyers as possible, they moved as far away as possible, while still remaining in the United States.

The back-up plan, should the lawyers also follow them westwards, was to then move on down south into nearby and accommodating Mexico.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 02:29 PM
1. I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.

2. Police were called to a day care where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

3. The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.

4. The butcher backed up into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his orders.

5. To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

6. When fish are in schools they sometimes take debate.

7. The short fortune teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.

8. A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.

9. The world will never run out of maths teachers because they always multiply.

10. When the smog lifts in Los Angeles, U.C.L.A.

lvbears32
02-03-2010, 02:33 PM
u must b really bored!

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
u must b really bored! I am sharing my vast knowledge with all of you wonderful people! :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-03-2010, 02:46 PM
You don't get much action, do you?

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You don't get much action, do you? Im on vacation... I spent 2 months working in Russia, Estonia and Kazakhstan. Before that i was in Nigeria for a few months.

Now I am back in Texas relaxing and surfing the web and having a nice AMERICAN drink to go along with a bag of cheetos ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Im on vacation... I spent 2 months working in Russia, Estonia and Kazakhstan. Before that i was in Nigeria for a few months.

Now I am back in Texas relaxing and surfing the web and having a nice AMERICAN drink to go along with a bag of cheetos ;)

That long-winded answer was basically you saying "no"

Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion.

lvbears32
02-03-2010, 02:52 PM
I am sharing my vast knowledge with all of you wonderful people! :D

i appreciate it

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
That long-winded answer was basically you saying "no"

Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion. Rule number 1...go find something productive to do, maybe take an AI class if you know what that is

waterboy
02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
:doh: I hope you're not in a bean bag chair!!:eek: :eek:

Sorry, that gave me an image I didn't want to see..........you know, like what that great philosopher, Ron White, described on one of his comic routines...:ack!:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Rule number 1...go find something productive to do, maybe take an AI class if you know what that is

I'm actually making lunch right now. Enchiladas are in the oven. Then I'm going to go work out and run.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm actually making lunch right now. Enchiladas are in the oven. Then I'm going to go work out and run. I lost about 25 lbs in Nigeria. CLimate in that area is brutal. I tried jogging on the treadmill but my body is still not used to being so much lighter :D

I had to get on the scale when I got back for a docs app and I come in at 179.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I lost about 25 lbs in Nigeria. CLimate in that area is brutal. I tried jogging on the treadmill but my body is still not used to being so much lighter :D

I had to get on the scale when I got back for a docs app and I come in at 179.

I weigh around 220.

waterboy
02-03-2010, 03:14 PM
I weigh 228......and I'm in shape!

:D ...round is a shape....ain't it?:doh:

LE Dad
02-03-2010, 04:55 PM
I weighed 179 once:thinking:

Like in 10th grade.:D

lvbears32
02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
heres another one:

the term "rule of thumb" comes from an old law saying you could not beat ur wife with anything wider than your thumb

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
heres another one:

the term "rule of thumb" comes from an old law saying you could not beat ur wife with anything wider than your thumb

Rule of thumb? You can't do much harm with that. They should have called it "Rule of Wrist" instead.

lvbears32
02-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Rule of thumb? You can't do much harm with that. They should have called it "Rule of Wrist" instead.

idk about that. u can do a good deal od damage with a thin tree branch