PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Texas Longhorns Football Recruiting Updates!

Old Tiger
02-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Might as well start this thread. PhiI or Phil what do you know about the class of 2011 so far?

Jaxon Shipley is a lock to Texas.

BEAST
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Might as well start this thread. PhiI or Phil what do you know about the class of 2011 so far?

Not trying to stir the pot any, but did Jaxon give a verbal? I have actually heard he may test the waters a bit.

BEAST

LionKing
02-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Not trying to stir the pot any, but did Jaxon give a verbal? I have actually heard he may test the waters a bit.

BEAST He's supposed to attend the first Jr. day in Austin in the latter part of this month, if he does commit, it won't be until then.

Phil C
02-03-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm 99% confident that we will get Mr. Shipley. I will look up more information later this evening as time permits. I'm going to let them have this day for the next few hours. It has been a good one. All signed well before noon. And isn't it great that the one that is the farthest away was the first to sign. Of course he also had an hour up on ours in his time zone but he took advantage of it.

Phil C
02-03-2010, 04:58 PM
I think Coach Brown doesn't offer recruits until the day after the National Signing Day. He really starts offering after the first junior day after the coaches have evaluated the recruits that show up. The Junior Days are Feb. 13 and 27, 2010.

Old Tiger
02-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Quadre Diggs is another lock to the Horns from what I understand because he is Quentin Jammer's half brother.

PhiI C
02-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Two from out of state that have shown interest in Texas and may attend Junior Day are Christian Westerman, OT Chandler, Arizona and Jermauria Rasco, DE, Shreveport, LA. Both will be highly recruited and competition will be tough. Westerman is very interested in UT mainly because we didn't recruit heavy in OL recently and Jermauria Rasco is interested in Texas as indicated by his attendance of the spring game and the UT vs OU game but he will be heavily recruited by LSU and SEC powers.

Z-RO
02-04-2010, 02:50 AM
Quadre Diggs is another lock to the Horns from what I understand because he is Quentin Jammer's half brother.

Not so fast, him and Applewhite talk a lot because him and his brother were roomates. However, everything I have read is that he favors Texas but is far from a lock.

Z-RO
02-04-2010, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Two from out of state that have shown interest in Texas and may attend Junior Day are Christian Westerman, OT Chandler, Arizona and Jermauria Rasco, DE, Shreveport, LA. Both will be highly recruited and competition will be tough. Westerman is very interested in UT mainly because we didn't recruit heavy in OL recently and Jermauria Rasco is interested in Texas as indicated by his attendance of the spring game and the UT vs OU game but he will be heavily recruited by LSU and SEC powers.

Top OL overall I believe from NM is supposed to to be really interested in Texas as well

Phil C
02-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Top OL overall I believe from NM is supposed to to be really interested in Texas as well

To no one's surprise Coach Brown has said he will be going after OL this year. Also they usually try to get a few DBs. Since this year they signed several WRs I don't look for them to take more than two and one includes Shipley. I don't know for sure if Shipley is a lock but he better verbal as soon as offered or UT might look for other position needs.

YTBulldogs
02-04-2010, 12:00 PM
What's the percentage of those who commit as a junior in HS, change their mind after their senior year?

I would think if you committed to a major college, mind changing is less than someone who commits to a D2, then has a great HS senior season, and the D1's now want you.

You are allowed to change your mind?

And what if you commit as a junior, then get hurt your senior HS year---you still have that offer from the college? I assume they can change their mind too based on the injury you sustained?

Sorry for all the questions, but---things I need the know.

Phil C
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
What's the percentage of those who commit as a junior in HS, change their mind after their senior year?

I would think if you committed to a major college, mind changing is less than someone who commits to a D2, then has a great HS senior season, and the D1's now want you.

You are allowed to change your mind?

And what if you commit as a junior, then get hurt your senior HS year---you still have that offer from the college? I assume they can change their mind too based on the injury you sustained?

Sorry for all the questions, but---things I need the know.

I may be wrong but my answeres would be

Yes you can change y our mind if you get an offer from another schools. Verbals are committiments but they are not binding to either the school or the athlete. It is the signed written letter of intent signed on National Signing Day or that period that is binding.

If you get injured then yes the school can change it's mind because the verbal is not binding. The school can still give you a medical redshirt which will pay for your education and it won't count against the scholarship limit. But that is up to the school. The school can change it's mind and drop the athlete. Texas does not change it's mind and has had some who were injured and couldn't play but they gave them the medical redshirt.

YTBulldogs
02-04-2010, 12:19 PM
"Texas does not change it's mind and has had some who were injured and couldn't play but they gave them the medical redshirt." --Phil C.

Those are for kids that can still play following an injury. I'm sure UT would change if the youngster couldn't play football again. If they stay committed to the kid who can't play again, way to go Horns. That's good. I do recall a Austin/SA area HS recruit having a heart condition during his senior HS year, had to use defibrillator and CPR on him, and I think he's playing days were over---and Texas honored their commitment I believe. Not sure.

YTBulldogs
02-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I also know a lady who was recruited by A&M to play basketball from Victoria. She received a scholarship, and following her freshman year---had to have a cardiac defibrillator implanted---and they revoked her scholarship.

So, guess it's just up to the school and not a NCAA rule.

Spread It Out
02-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I do recall a Austin/SA area HS recruit having a heart condition during his senior HS year, had to use defibrillator and CPR on him, and I think he's playing days were over---and Texas honored their commitment I believe. Not sure.

This is true. The kid is an offensive lineman from Lake Travis, I believe,

Blastoderm55
02-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
This is true. The kid is an offensive lineman from Lake Travis, I believe,

Matt Nader from Westlake. He still helps with the team though he cannot play.

Looking4number8
02-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

If you get injured then yes the school can change it's mind because the verbal is not binding. The school can still give you a medical redshirt which will pay for your education and it won't count against the scholarship limit. But that is up to the school. The school can change it's mind and drop the athlete. Texas does not change it's mind and has had some who were injured and couldn't play but they gave them the medical redshirt.

I was involved (some) with Texas recruiting Kenny Vaccaro (because I am friends with his mother). I made junior day trips to both Oklahoma and Texas and went to the spring game at Texas with Kenny, his little brother and Lion King. Mac Brown and Bob Stoops both told us outright that if Kenny got hurt his senior year they would honor the commitment if he signed with them. Brown told us they always did that because it meant so much to the families and it helped lock in recruits.

Of course Kenny did get hurt in his 2nd or 3rd game his senior year and missed the rest of his senior season. Texas honored the contract and Kenny enrolled in January at Texas.. They helped him with rehab and he had a pretty good true freshman season on special teams

Lion King and Coach Mac Brown

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/MacBrown017.jpg

LionKing
02-04-2010, 03:21 PM
HaHa !! Thanks Looking4number8, we had a blast getting to meet see the coaches and players in Austin, that picture is hanging in my house, gets lots of comments.

Phil C
02-08-2010, 03:29 PM
I think by next Sunday after the coaches have evaluated the recruits that we will be getting some offers and verbals. We should be getting some news late Sunday or Monday of next week.

Phil C
02-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Below is the current list of the top 100 Texas recruits according to Inside Texas. Malcolm Brown is No. 1 right now but this could change over time. Remember they are all juniors with a senior year left. I have permission from one of the co-publishers to share this. Enjoy.

http://insidetexas.com/news/story.php?article=2009

Phil C
02-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Our first junior day will be day after tomorrow and I look for some offers and verbals to be given out. In fact I expect us as last year to be about 85% through with our recruiting at the end of March as last year. I think we will take at least the following:
4 or 5 OL as this is a need and I hope we get at least one good center even though the coaches are good at moving the OL around as needed.
2 or 3 RBs and I understand they are also looking at one player who can play FB.
2 or 3 DBs. We always take at least that many every year.
The other positions I think will be limited to maybe 1 or 2 players unless someone outstanding wants to come here.
I don't look for us to go after a kicker for at least two to three more years.

Phil C
02-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Tomorrow is the first one. Some recruits may have to wait until the second one or make other arrangements due to the weather. But certainly safety is the primary concern and those that can come will come and arrangements for the others.

Phil C
02-12-2010, 05:53 PM
It has been mentioned in another thread but just to be sure it is here too our first recruit on 2-12-10 to verbal is Jaxon Shipley, WR, Brownwood. :clap:

NateDawg39
02-12-2010, 06:16 PM
It has been mentioned in another thread but just to be sure it is here too our first recruit on 2-12-10 to verbal is Jaxon Shipley, WR, Brownwood. :clap: He is the guy ive been waiting on to give UT the nod :clap:

PhiI C
02-13-2010, 02:17 AM
They have been mentioned on other threads but they need to be listed here. We have three verbals so far as shown below

1. Jaxon Shipley, WR, Brownwood
2. Chet Moss, LB, Cedar Park
3. Taylor Doyle, OT, Lake Travis

All three on 2-12-10

PhiI C
02-13-2010, 02:21 AM
For possible comparative discussion and analysis I list the following positions signed for the 2010 Class.

QB 2
RB 1
LB 3
DT 3
DE 3
DB 3
WR 5
OL 2
K 1
ATH 2

You can see why it is felt that in 2011 it is critical that we get some OL and RBs.

PhiI C
02-13-2010, 02:17 PM
We got 4 more! :)

4. Miles Onyegbule, WR, Arlington. He really wanted to come here. This will probably conclude our wide receiver recruiting for this year unless a very good one wants to come here.

5. David Ash, QB, Belton. This may be the only QB we recruit for this class.

6. Joe Bergeron, FB, North Mesquite. This is great news. I was hoping we would get a FB.

7. Josh Cochran, OT, Hallsville. Another OL.

Great start indeed. More great news to come I am sure.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PhiI C
02-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Man oh man! This is all happening sooner and faster than I tought. Some more are:

8. Desmond Jackson, DT, Spring Westfield. He is rated very high as a DL.

9. Mykkele Thaomson, ATTH (also WR), San Antonio. I think he is being recruited as an ATH. A nice suprise to get him.

10. Leroy Scott, CB, South Houston. Very highly rated DB.

11. M.J. McFarland, TE, El Paso. I was hoping we would get a good TE!

12. Sheroid Evans, S, Sugar Land Dulles. Another highly ranked DB!

I am so happy. We aren't even halfway through February and we are probably past the halfway mark in this year's recruiting. I think for sure we will try to get at least 2 more OL, 1 or 2 more RBs, and maybe one more DB.

PhiI C
02-13-2010, 07:11 PM
We got No. 13 and it is Marcus Hutchins, OT from DeSoto!

PhiI C
02-13-2010, 09:13 PM
From Research I find we have the following offers but no answers yet:

Christian Westerman, OL, AZ. This is a good one and may last until the NSD.

Cederick Reed, DE, Cleveland. He is rated highly.

Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo Steel. He is also rated highly and may be a NSD recruit.

Sedrick Flowers, OL, Galena NOrth Shore. He is rated highly and most experts feel he will come to Texas.

Another possible one is DE Nathan Hughes of Kline Oak. He will probably come here if offered and Coach Will Muschamp wants him. He will be evaluated tomorrow. The problem is we have a full roster of DEs and there may not be room for him since we have other pressing needs. It is too bad but that happens sometimes. I hope we can work him in if he is willing to verbal right away. He has so many offers though so even then he might want to wait.

PhiI C
02-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Another one went to Jermauria Rasco, DE, of Shreveport, LA. He is one of the top DE recruits in the country. It will probably come down to LSU and Texas. He is Coached by former Longhorn Phillip Geiggar which helps. Also an offer has been made to Marquis Anderson, DT, Cibolo Steele.

PhiI C
02-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Another one listed by Rivals is Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio

PhiI C
02-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Right now we have had 13 verbals and 8 more offers. The 8 offers as of right now are:

1. Christian Westerman, OL, AZ.
2. Cederick Reed, DE, Cleveland
3. Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo Steele
4. Secrick Flowers, OL, Galena NOrth Shore
5. Marquis Anderson, DT, Cibolo Steele
6. Steve Edmond, LB, Daingerfield
7. Jermauria Rasco, DE, LA
8. Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio

We may have a good chance with the two out of staters. Rasco is coached by a UT ex and we got William Russ from the same city . Westerman's parents were really impressed and liked Texas due to the Fiesta Bowl game played in AZ two years ago.
We still have another junior day. Depending on what happens I don't expect more than two more offers unless some of the others don't verbal soon.

PhiI C
02-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Someone on another web site that Geoff Ketchum on his Austin Radio Talk Show today (ESPN Radio - Austin) said that everyone at the first Junior Day got an offer. (Mr. Ketchum is considered a high school and UT football expert so his information is considered reliable). This would imply that Nathan Hughes got an offer but somehow there has been a miscommunication - what ever that means. It would make sense as good as he is because everyone that made the first one got an offer or committed.

Old Tiger
02-16-2010, 01:20 AM
Someone on another web site that Geoff Ketchum on his Austin Radio Talk Show today (ESPN Radio - Austin) said that everyone at the first Junior Day got an offer. (Mr. Ketchum is considered a high school and UT football expert so his information is considered reliable). This would imply that Nathan Hughes got an offer but somehow there has been a miscommunication - what ever that means. It would make sense as good as he is because everyone that made the first one got an offer or committed. Ketchum is about as reliable as Simone from Ferris Bueller's Day off

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. "

Matthew328
02-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Texas got 13 kids last weekend but I came away underwhelmed with some of the kids they got honestly. I love the Jackson kid at DT (probably the only 5 star kid in the group thus far) and I like the OL pickups....but Sherroid Evans is a project at DB and Texas normally doesn't take projects..he's got great size and is an unreal athlete but he struggles at DB and isn't really a receiver. He's a for sure redshirt.

McFarland is a great pickup at TE but I think Onyegbule is a similar player just not as a big. He struggles getting speration at the HS level so I would be concerned at the next level. Ash looks good on paper but he'll never see the light of day and will likely transfer ala Jevan Sneed.

What would continue to concern me if I was a Texas fan is their running back recruiting. Brown won't decide until after spring football more than likely so Texas is going to wait on him. Brandon Williams stunned everyone by picking Baylor today so that caught Texas off guard....Aaron Green got an offer but most agree he's not headed to Texas so the key is Herschel Sims....Texas is going to push hard for Herschel on the 27th and this will be the key because if Texas loses out on Sims they'll have to go to the next tier of backs....

bigwood33
02-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

What would continue to concern me if I was a Texas fan is their running back recruiting. Brown won't decide until after spring football more than likely so Texas is going to wait on him. Brandon Williams stunned everyone by picking Baylor today so that caught Texas off guard....Aaron Green got an offer but most agree he's not headed to Texas so the key is Herschel Sims....Texas is going to push hard for Herschel on the 27th and this will be the key because if Texas loses out on Sims they'll have to go to the next tier of backs....

Well, if I were a top flight running back, I would want to go to a program that actually runs the ball. I would expect the 'Horns to continue to struggle in landing the 5 star back.

Phil C
02-16-2010, 09:39 AM
That is right. It has been a struggle the past several years with all those at least ten win seasons, top teams, bowl game wins and one NC and another one within reach except for a QB injury. Scary times indeed. :(

Gobbler Fan
02-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Someone on another web site that Geoff Ketchum on his Austin Radio Talk Show today (ESPN Radio - Austin) said that everyone at the first Junior Day got an offer. (Mr. Ketchum is considered a high school and UT football expert so his information is considered reliable). This would imply that Nathan Hughes got an offer but somehow there has been a miscommunication - what ever that means. It would make sense as good as he is because everyone that made the first one got an offer or committed.

Orangebloods is nothing close to what it was after the exodus of their top recruiting insider Gerry H.to ESPN. Inside Texas has Jeff Howe and he does a good job covering Texas Longhorn recruiting . IMO the best site for inside information is Inside Texas and Shaggybevo <<crude humor at times but good for laughs and information .

PhiI C
02-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Another one went to Jermauria Rasco, DE, of Shreveport, LA. He is one of the top DE recruits in the country. It will probably come down to LSU and Texas. He is Coached by former Longhorn Phillip Geiggar which helps. Also an offer has been made to Marquis Anderson, DT, Cibolo Steele.

I think our chances of getting Green are not good and would rate them as low. The talk is that he will go the Seastrunk route and has a brother going to Nebraska which decreases the odds but you never know. He is also interested in USC.

Phil C
02-23-2010, 03:22 PM
We finally got No. 14! It is Steve Edmund, LB, Daingerfield. Great news indeed! I was hoping we would get on more LB.

PhiI C
02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
For possible comparative discussion and analysis I list the following positions signed for the 2010 Class.

QB 2
RB 1
LB 3
DT 3
DE 3
DB 3
WR 5
OL 2
K 1
ATH 2

You can see why it is felt that in 2011 it is critical that we get some OL and RBs.

Here are our positions as of 2=23-10 on the 2011 recruits

OB 1 We are probably done here
FB 1 Ditto per above
WR 2 Ditto per above
TE 1 Ditto per above
OL 3 I think we will take at least 2 more possible 3
DL 1 I think we will take maybe 1 or 2 more
LB 2 This is probably it but maybe one more
DB 2 I think at least 1 more
ATH 1 This is probably it

I think we will also take at least 1 RB. Naturally if we get the right verbals some of the numbers may increase or decrease in my estimates.

I think after the next Junior Day we will have a few more offers then it will be up to the recruits. I expect more verbals next week.
I expect that basically by at least the end of March we will be through with the class. But there will be a few recruits we will wait on afterward no matter what.

PhiI C
02-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Right now we have had 13 verbals and 8 more offers. The 8 offers as of right now are:

1. Christian Westerman, OL, AZ.
2. Cederick Reed, DE, Cleveland
3. Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo Steele
4. Secrick Flowers, OL, Galena NOrth Shore
5. Marquis Anderson, DT, Cibolo Steele
6. Jermauria Rasco, DE, LA
7. Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio
8. Anthony Wallace, LB, Dallas

We may have a good chance with the two out of staters. Rasco is coached by a UT ex and we got William Russ from the same city . Westerman's parents were really impressed and liked Texas due to the Fiesta Bowl game played in AZ two years ago.
We still have another junior day. Depending on what happens I don't expect more than two more offers unless some of the others don't verbal soon.

I edited out Mr. Edmond in the list aboveand added Mr. Wallace. As far as I know these are our only offers as of 2-23-10.
I think the ones that we take no matter what are Westerman, Rasco, Flowers, Brown and Green even though I don't think we have too good a chance with Green.
I think we will offer at least one more DB.

Phil C
02-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Another offer is to Josh Turner, DB, from Oklahoma City, OK.

He is going to try to get to Austin on Jr. Day. I would love to get this one. It would be the second straight time that we got one of Oklahoma's best and Josh is right in OU's backdoor. We will see.

I will need a new updated list of offers which I will do after Jr. Day this Saturday.

Phil C
02-25-2010, 01:44 PM
No. 15 just in and it is OL Sedrick Flowers of Gelena Park!
Good news indeed at a spot that was a need. I am so happy. Welcome to Austin Mr. Flowers.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil C
02-25-2010, 05:13 PM
We will probably conclude our offers after the second Junior Day which is Saturday. We won't be able to give out as many offers as the first one but I am sure we will extend some.

I expect maybe the following may get offers:

Quandre Diggs, ATH, Angleton.
Garrett Greenlea, OL, Klein (He may be an Aggie lean but we will see.)
Matt Hegarty, OL, New Mexico (He looks like he may be a good one but our chances are probably low.)
Hakeem Flowers, WR, South Carolina (We are loaded at WR but he may be too good to not give an offer. I think our chances are low though).
One that may get one also is LaFrederick Ford, RB, Kirbyville if he is willing to verbal quickly.

Phil C
02-26-2010, 03:27 PM
As I posted earlier I expect a few more but not many offers to go out tomorrow at our second junior day. A surprise may be an offer to RB LaFrederick Ford if he impresses the coaches enough tomorrow. I am sure he will be looked at close.

I still say we will have an offer open to no matter what to Westerman (I think we have 50% chance), Turner (though I rate our chances as low), Reed, Brown and Green (low chances).

Greenlea was once listed as a heavy Aggie lean but I think that may have been an error. The Aggies haven't even offered him and I have heard there is an issue of grades plus his father is a big OU fan and his grandfather owns a ranch in Oklahoma. Right now I feel the odds are he is going to be a Sooner but we may offer him anyway if the rumor of his grades are false.

PhiI C
02-27-2010, 03:02 PM
No. 16 is in and it is Kendall Thmpson, LB from Carthage!
Great news indeed.

PhiI C
02-27-2010, 04:23 PM
This is going to be another great class.

PhiI C
02-27-2010, 04:24 PM
No 17 is in and it is OL Garrett Greenlea of Klien!

Great news indeed! Also a most pleasant surprise!

PhiI C
02-28-2010, 09:58 PM
As far as I know after research we have the following offers outstanding:

Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo
Marquis Anderson, DT, Cibolo
Anthony Wallace, LB, Dallas
Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio
Cedrick Reed, DE, Cleveland, TX
Matt Hegarty, OL, New Mexico
Christian Westerman, OL, AZ
Jermauria Rasco, DE, LA
Josh Turner, DB, OK

Unless someone expresses interest I don't think there will be any more even tough there may be a few that are a wait and see basis depending on who we get above.

Phil C
03-01-2010, 11:15 AM

Quincy Russell, DT, San Antonio
Jermauria Rasco, DE, LA
Josh Turner, DB, OK

Unless someone expresses interest I don't think there will be any more even tough there may be a few that are a wait and see basis depending on who we get above.

I had to edit the above somewhat for Quincy Russell who I had overlooked. He was offered right after the first junior day . This makes 10 offers outstanding if I am correct. I don't think they will be any more unless some of the ones above decide not to accept.

Phil C
03-11-2010, 03:50 PM
I had to edit the above somewhat for Quincy Russell who I had overlooked. He was offered right after the first junior day . This makes 10 offers outstanding if I am correct. I don't think they will be any more unless some of the ones above decide not to accept.

They had another offer this week that I didn't know about and that is Quandre Diggs of Arlington, Athlete. He verbaled yesterday and is now No. 18. Still as far as I know there are still 18 offers. This is a good one to get!

Old Tiger
03-13-2010, 12:16 AM
They had another offer this week that I didn't know about and that is Quandre Diggs of Arlington, Athlete. He verbaled yesterday and is now No. 18. Still as far as I know there are still 18 offers. This is a good one to get! Great pick up. He is as fast as DJ Monroe but has better hips.

Phil C
03-16-2010, 02:49 PM

Jermauria Rasco, DE, LA
Josh Turner, DB, OK
Quincy Russell, DT, San Antonio

I have heard that Jermauria Rasco has visited LSU with his mother which is a bad sign for other schools so I feel he is an LSU lean.
I think Malcolm Brown will come to UT but you can ever tell. Right now I give us 60% but as you know things can change fast.
I don't know much about Green but we will see. Westerman still likes Texas but with other schools expressing interest you can never tell.

Basically I feel most of our offers are done and we are about 70% through with this class. Even if we got no one else I would be very happy with this class.

I think that a lot depends on who commits will affect the offers to to others. I would think that if someone really wanted to come to UT they would accept right away but I feel that Westerman, Rasco, Hegarty and Turner are ones you wait on and take no matter what along with Green and Brown.

Phil C
03-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Besides the 10 that have definite offers there are other possibilities depending on what the other ten do even though I think the odds are very high against them but you never know for sure. I think some of the ones below just want an offer for posterity's sake. Sort of like one might not have any interest in going to Notre Dame but would like to have an offer from them for bragging rights due to their tradition.

Avery Walls, DB, GA I don't think much of a chance at all here.
James Vaughters, LB, GA. Same as above.
Austin Sefarin-Jenkins, TE, Washington Little chance. He has offers from all over the country and I think it is more of a prestige thing.
Hakeem Flowers, WR, South Carolina. I have heard the coaches would like to have him but have little hope. He has been told according to him that if he decides to verbal to Texas they will give him an offer so I guess it is a conditional type of offer.
LeFrederick Ford, RB, Kirbyville Probably about 10% chance here.
De'Anthony Thomas, RB, California A top rated RB that has expressed interest in getting an offer from Texas but I think little to no chance on this one.
Spencer Drango, OL, Cedar Park This is one I wouldn't mind having but we are already loaded in this position. He is going to be a good one.
Nathan Hughes, DE, Klein He is a good one with an impressive list of offers and I have heard Coach Muscamp would like to have him but we are so full at this position. He may get an offer if Rasco and Reed don't come here. This is one I really hate to not get but we are limited. The thing that hurts is that he is a real UT fan and would commit right away if offered. The timing is just bad.

Ex-Tiger2005
03-17-2010, 01:18 PM
what are the chances we get the guy from steele? m, brown?

Phil C
03-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
what are the chances we get the guy from steele? m, brown?

I think our chances are very good at about 60%. He is getting other offers so you never know.

Bullaholic
03-17-2010, 03:05 PM
I think our chances are very good at about 60%. He is getting other offers so you never know.

Show some compassion! Pay more......:D

Ex-Tiger2005
03-17-2010, 03:34 PM

It would be good to get a prime time RB out of Texas finally!

Phil C
03-23-2010, 04:32 PM
James Vaughters the Linebacker from GA is visiting this coming weekend. He is supposed to be outstanding but I still don't like our chances but then again I didn't think we would get DeMarco either. I think if he gets an offer it will be when you are ready to commit you will have an offer type of thing.

PhiI C
03-26-2010, 08:36 PM

Jermauria Rasco, DE, LA
Josh Turner, DB, OK

An update on recruiting rumors (which as you know must be taken with a grain of salt) is that we have a good chance at Josh Turner. The rumor is that he wants to go out of state and really likes Texas. He also is interested in Miami with Texas having the slight edge. Of course things can change quickly.

Matthew328
03-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Vaughters had to reschedule visit, due to death in the family.

Turner has elimninated Miami due to distance but Nebraska has moved into the picture...it's Texas, OU and Nebraska

PhiI C
03-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Vaughters had to reschedule visit, due to death in the family.

Turner has elimninated Miami due to distance but Nebraska has moved into the picture...it's Texas, OU and Nebraska

Mathew I have heard that Hegarty visited Notre Dame and liked it so now they have the edge. What do you think? Maybe we should concentrate on Westerman?

Matthew328
03-27-2010, 04:44 PM
It wouldn't surprise me, his parents are very much into academics....heard Stanford would be a major factor.

PhiI C
03-28-2010, 09:50 PM
It has been reported that DE Cedric Reed visited this weekend and DB Josh Turner of Oklahoma is said to be coming to the Spring Game next weekend.

Matthew328
03-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Reed visited Texas Saturday and was at A&M on Sunday, his parents really like A&M.

LionKing
03-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Reed visited Texas Saturday and was at A&M on Sunday, his parents really like A&M. Heard that Reed is supposed to back in Austin Easter sunday to watch the spring game, unless he changes his mind between now and then.

Matthew328
03-29-2010, 03:10 PM
That he is, I am sure he'll be at A&M also. He seems to like Texas more but mom and dad like A&M...will be interesting to see who wins out.

Phil C
04-01-2010, 03:03 PM
As an update (No April Fool's Day joke here) I have seen the following analysis on other boards which of course must be taken as always with a grain of salt.

As mentioned earlier it seems very good that RB Malcolm Brown will come to Texas. I sure hope so.

Also Matthew Hegarty OL from New Mexico has had a recent visit to Notre Dame and they are considered by some the frontrunner. However this isn't unusual for a recruit to have the most recent visit as a frontrunner. The key time is after they have settled back home and meditate on it. That is when things get sorted out and can change. I say we have a good chance still.

Christian Westerman, OL, AZ. It is said he plans to come to some Texas games in the Fall. I think we have a fair chance here.

Cedric Reed, DE, Cleveland, TX As stated his parents like A&M and he likes Texas. It seems though that his parents are not going to be pushy from what I have heard so I think we have a good chance. In fact some expect him to be the next commitment. He is attending the spring game on Sunday.

Nathan Hughes, DE, Klein Oak As stated before he would probably commit to us immediately if offered. He will be a good one somewhere but unfortunately he is a victim of numbers in this class. He may still be evaluated but there will probably not be room and this is unfortunate for a kid that really wanted to be a Horn.

Josh Turner, DB, Oklahoma. We have a fair chance but he may want to wait until signing day and we may not wait because we may take a DB if another good one is willing to commit. I hope we get him.

The others I rate as less than fair but you never know. One day can change things in a hurry.

Phil C
04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Quincy Russell committed and is Recruit No. 19!! He is a Defensive Tackle from San Antonio. This is great news indeed! What is also nice is that we get a recruit from San Antonio!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil C
04-06-2010, 06:21 AM
The latest wod on JoshTurner is that the visit to the spring game went well. He has said he liked everything about the visit and that we are now tied with Miami. I hope the fact that we have had success in putting DBs in the NFL will be a deciding factor but we will see.

Old Tiger
04-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Quincy Russell committed and is Recruit No. 19!! He is a Defensive Tackle from San Antonio. This is great news indeed! What is also nice is that we get a recruit from San Antonio!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Phil did you know that Quincy Russells high school coach is no other than Aaron Greens uncle. We can take that for what its worth.

Phil C
04-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Phil did you know that Quincy Russells high school coach is no other than Aaron Greens uncle. We can take that for what its worth.

Interesting information and thanks for sharing. I hope Green decides to come to UT even though I am still not optimistic on this one.

NHSBulldog75
04-06-2010, 02:38 PM
http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=800c3e4336ed2c18

Phil C
04-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Strange news as DT Quincy Russell of San Antonio changed his mind and decommitted dropping us to 18 recruits. For all practical purposes we can eliminate him and consider his offer revoked because UT doesn't take players back on decommitt or at least that has been the policy the past several years.

Some fantastic news though that more than makes up for this disappointment. We got a No. 19 committment in OL Christian Westerman from Arizona. He is the top rated OL in the country and he is coming to Austin! Man this makes me very happy. I hated to lose Russell but OL is more of a need right now.

So change :( to :) and add :clap: :clap: :clap:

NastySlot
04-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Strange news as DT Quincy Russell of San Antonio changed his mind and decommitted dropping us to 18 recruits. For all practical purposes we can eliminate him and consider his offer revoked because UT doesn't take players back on decommitt or at least that has been the policy the past several years.

Some fantastic news though that more than makes up for this disappointment. We got a No. 19 committment in OL Christian Westerman from Arizona. He is the top rated OL in the country and he is coming to Austin! Man this makes me very happy. I hated to lose Russell but OL is more of a need right now.

So change :( to :) and add :clap: :clap: :clap:

On Sunday, Sam Houston defensive tackle Quincy Russell was thrilled to commit to Texas at the Longhorns’ spring game.
Less than a day later, he was already having second thoughts.

“I couldn’t sleep,” he said. “Texas is a great place, but I was thinking why I made a decision when I had only visited three schools. I had a bunch of people in my ear, and I got caught up in the moment.”

Following a talk with Hurricanes coach Gary Green on Tuesday, Russell did what his conscience was telling him to do — call Longhorns assistant Duane Akina to tell him he was de-committing.

“I don’t want to be a person who goes back on his word, but it didn’t feel right,” Russell said. “I have to make sure I’m 100 percent sure about where I’m going to spend the next four years.”

Russell’s future with UT remains unclear. Green said Akina assured him the 6-foot-3, 280-pound tackle remains one of their top targets but could not guarantee they’ll hold a scholarship for him.

“He said they’ve got three left — defensive end, defensive tackle and running back — and that Quincy and my nephew (Madison running back Aaron Green) are their No. 1 choices,” Green said.

“But they’ve got some hurt feelings. They told some people they didn’t have a scholarship anymore, and they’re going to have to call them back. They want Quincy to start taking visits so he can make a decision (quickly) and not wait until next year.”

In addition to Texas, Russell said he has visited Baylor and Texas A&M.

Green said Russell could visit Nebraska, one of his favorites, as early as this weekend. Rivals.com lists Russell with nine scholarship offers, but Russell said he’s received 17, including Oklahoma, Alabama, Oklahoma State and Baylor.

Green said Russell wasn’t guilty of being dishonest but of making a “rash decision.”

“He’s a 17-year-old kid,” said Green, who starred at Baylor in the 1970s before playing in the NFL for nine seasons. “As soon as I heard he was at the spring game, I said, ‘Uh-oh.’ You’re up there in front of all those people, everybody’s telling you how great you are. It’s hard to keep your head straight.

story in sa express

Phil C
04-07-2010, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NastySlot
[B]On Sunday, Sam Houston defensive tackle Quincy Russell was thrilled to commit to Texas at the Longhorns’ spring game.
Less than a day later, he was already having second thoughts.

“I couldn’t sleep,” he said. “Texas is a great place, but I was thinking why I made a decision when I had only visited three schools. I had a bunch of people in my ear, and I got caught up in the moment.”

Following a talk with Hurricanes coach Gary Green on Tuesday, Russell did what his conscience was telling him to do — call Longhorns assistant Duane Akina to tell him he was de-committing.

“I don’t want to be a person who goes back on his word, but it didn’t feel right,” Russell said. “I have to make sure I’m 100 percent sure about where I’m going to spend the next four years.”

Russell’s future with UT remains unclear. Green said Akina assured him the 6-foot-3, 280-pound tackle remains one of their top targets but could not guarantee they’ll hold a scholarship for him.

“He said they’ve got three left — defensive end, defensive tackle and running back — and that Quincy and my nephew (Madison running back Aaron Green) are their No. 1 choices,” Green said.

“But they’ve got some hurt feelings. They told some people they didn’t have a scholarship anymore, and they’re going to have to call them back. They want Quincy to start taking visits so he can make a decision (quickly) and not wait until next year.”

In addition to Texas, Russell said he has visited Baylor and Texas A&M.

Green said Russell could visit Nebraska, one of his favorites, as early as this weekend. Rivals.com lists Russell with nine scholarship offers, but Russell said he’s received 17, including Oklahoma, Alabama, Oklahoma State and Baylor.

Green said Russell wasn’t guilty of being dishonest but of making a “rash decision.”

“He’s a 17-year-old kid,” said Green, who starred at Baylor in the 1970s before playing in the NFL for nine seasons. “As soon as I heard he was at the spring game, I said, ‘Uh-oh.’ You’re up there in front of all those people, everybody’s telling you how great you are. It’s hard to keep your head straight.

I am not in authority but I feel as far as UT is concerned he is GONE!

Phil C
04-07-2010, 11:03 PM
I don't know why and I admit I could be wrong but for some reason I think Coach Green is one Texas HS coach that UT is better off avoiding. Again I could be wrong.

Phil C
04-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I will update as I hear more information from other free boards but I hope we get a DT and RB for sure and would be delighted to get Marquis Anderson, DT, and Malcolm Brown, RB, both of Cibolo.

Quincy's casa may be a little different because as I think on it it is possible that he was rash in his decision. It isn't like he decomited to go to another school like others in the past have done and due to the time frame he may be an exception so he may decide to come to UT and get an offer. But I rate those chances at less than 25%.

Matthew328
04-08-2010, 03:51 PM
I honestly dont think Anderson is that enamored w/Texas....I think its an OU/TCU battle for him. I think Texas gets Reed and shuts it down on the DL.

Phil C
04-08-2010, 06:54 PM
I honestly dont think Anderson is that enamored w/Texas....I think its an OU/TCU battle for him. I think Texas gets Reed and shuts it down on the DL.

You don't think they need to take at least one more DT?

Matthew328
04-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Reed could flip to tackle and there's talk of Hutchins being conveted to a DL also

Phil C
04-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Mathew328 here is an update of the offers and my opinions as of today. Please give your opinions whether in agreement or disagreement. Mine are based on information I hear and get on other free boards. Of course everything must be taken with a grain of salt. Also others are invited for their input also.

I have heard that basically UT is going to shut it off with 23 maybe 24 recruits in this class but of course if you get a great on at or near National Signing Day (NSD) then they will no doubt be worked in but I don't look for the great success we had at the end of last year's recruiting year. That was an exception. I think basically we are through with this class and will soon be looking at 2012 and just be waiting on this class with some more home visits of course.

Our offers as of today that I know of are as follows:

Marquis Anderson, DT, Cibolo Fair to Low

Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo Good. I wish I could say Excellent. We still need to work on this one.

Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio Low. I would like to get him though but I don't like our chances. Of course I didn't think we would get DeMarco Cobbs.

Matthew Hegarty, OL, NM Fair. I wold have rated him Good but now that we got Westerman I am not sure he will come here. I wish we would get him though.

Jermauria Rasco, DE, Louisiana Low Probably bound for LSU or other SEC school.

Quincy Russell, DT, San Antonio I think it is a low but right on the edge of Fair. I would still like to get him.

Josh Turner, CB, OK I rate it from fair to good. It seems like it is between UT, OK. and Nebraska with us having the slight edge. This is another I would love to get.

Anthony Wallace, LB, Dallas Fair. I haven't heard much about him so I think we are waiting.

Cedric Reed, DE, Cleveland. Good. It seems like it is between us and the Aggies though.

Othere espressing interest are as follows:

James Vaughters, LB, Georgia He is one you take no matter what but I rate our chances as very low. His offer is the type that if you are ready to verbal we will be ready to offer.

Hakeem Flowers, WR, South Carolona. Similar situation to Vaughers. I also rate it as very low.

There areothers from that have expressed interest in an offer but I think they would be extremely low.

Nathan Hughes is a great DL that would have loved to have come to UT. I don't know if he is interested anymore but I rate our chances as low even if we change our minds because he is highly recruited by other programs. Too bad but he just hit the wrong year.

Phil C
04-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Nathan Hughes, DE, Klein Oak As stated before he would probably commit to us immediately if offered. He will be a good one somewhere but unfortunately he is a victim of numbers in this class. He may still be evaluated but there will probably not be room and this is unfortunate for a kid that really wanted to be a Horn.

According to Scout we are no longer listed as a school of interest. I am sure he was disappointed and hurt that he was the one who didn't get an offer after the first spring day visit and espeically since playing at UT was his dream as well as his family. This is one that I rate as very low now but you can't help but wish him the best wherever he goes. It is a shame but that is the way the years go sometimes.

Matthew328
04-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Mathew328 here is an update of the offers and my opinions as of today. Please give your opinions whether in agreement or disagreement. Mine are based on information I hear and get on other free boards. Of course everything must be taken with a grain of salt. Also others are invited for their input also.

I have heard that basically UT is going to shut it off with 23 maybe 24 recruits in this class but of course if you get a great on at or near National Signing Day (NSD) then they will no doubt be worked in but I don't look for the great success we had at the end of last year's recruiting year. That was an exception. I think basically we are through with this class and will soon be looking at 2012 and just be waiting on this class with some more home visits of course.

Our offers as of today that I know of are as follows:

Marquis Anderson, DT, Cibolo Fair to Low

Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo Good. I wish I could say Excellent. We still need to work on this one.

Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio Low. I would like to get him though but I don't like our chances. Of course I didn't think we would get DeMarco Cobbs.

Matthew Hegarty, OL, NM Fair. I wold have rated him Good but now that we got Westerman I am not sure he will come here. I wish we would get him though.

Jermauria Rasco, DE, Louisiana Low Probably bound for LSU or other SEC school.

Quincy Russell, DT, San Antonio I think it is a low but right on the edge of Fair. I would still like to get him.

Josh Turner, CB, OK I rate it from fair to good. It seems like it is between UT, OK. and Nebraska with us having the slight edge. This is another I would love to get.

Anthony Wallace, LB, Dallas Fair. I haven't heard much about him so I think we are waiting.

Cedric Reed, DE, Cleveland. Good. It seems like it is between us and the Aggies though.

Othere espressing interest are as follows:

James Vaughters, LB, Georgia He is one you take no matter what but I rate our chances as very low. His offer is the type that if you are ready to verbal we will be ready to offer.

Hakeem Flowers, WR, South Carolona. Similar situation to Vaughers. I also rate it as very low.

There areothers from that have expressed interest in an offer but I think they would be extremely low.

Nathan Hughes is a great DL that would have loved to have come to UT. I don't know if he is interested anymore but I rate our chances as low even if we change our minds because he is highly recruited by other programs. Too bad but he just hit the wrong year.

Agree on Marquis Anderson, he's never been real big on Texas. I'd say its OU or TCU

Malcolm Brown I'd say 65% to Texas right now, its Texas-OU battle but my gut leans to Texas, especially with the offense they ran in the spring game.

Aaron Green I'd say 25%. especially w/the Quincy Russell embrolio and Green's uncle being involved. I'd rate it as fairly low.

Matthew Hegarty I would imagine has a very small chance. Texas already has six OL's can't see em taking 7. Think he winds up at Stanford.

Jermauria Rasco, very low. LSU's not gonna be beat here.

Quincy Russell, very low. Will be tough for him to decommit and then come back. I think he goes where Aaron Green goes.

Josh Turner, after talking w/him at the Nike camp yesterday I think Texas has a great shot. They are in the lead but OU wont go quietly especially on the top in state kid.

Anthony Wallace, I think he winds up at OU. Texas hasn't shown much interest lately. Skyline kids always pull surprises though.

Cedric Reed, I say 50/50 between Horns and Aggies. He likes Texas but family likes A&M and family may win here. He's got younger siblings still in school who are heavily involved so it might be easier on family if he winds up at A&M. This is one to watch, if he goes to A&M I think it opens the door back up for Quincy Rusell if he wants back in..or possibly Nathan Hughes

Flowers no chance to go to Texas and I'm not sure why everyone likes him so much.

Vaughters wants to visit Texas but hasn't made it in...Texas will make room for him if he wants to come but it may be a deal where he cant visit until he takes his official.

Phil C
04-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Below is a list of the updated top 300 per Scout. Remember this is the top 300 nationwide not just Texas. Of interest on the commits please see numbers (5 Star), 8, 17, 21, 28 32 (4 Star) 48, 64,97,141,193,198,203 (3 Star) 287, 298.

Of interest per our offers see numbers 3, 11, 22, 36,

The four commitments not on the list were 3 OL Josh Cochran, Taylor Doyle and Marcus Hutchins and ATH Mykkele Thompson. These are still very good prospects. There is talk that Doyle may be redshirted to enable him to work in the weight room for a year and learn the system. Some of the others might too but they are good ones. As I said these were the top 300 nationwide. These players are well thought of in Texas Circles who are good judges of possibilities.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=88&yr=2011

Old Tiger
04-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Safety Ben Wells and defensive End Russell Carter have elected to transfer so that will free up a scholarship or two for 2011.

Old Tiger
04-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Cedric Reed to announce his choice this Friday @ 1pm from his Cleveland HS

Any of you people from that area know who he is going to choose?

Hupernikomen
04-21-2010, 08:40 PM

Haven't heard a word. Ivan "Tuffy" Williams from Cleveland went to UT a few years back. Wonder if he has been helping the Horns on this one.

Phil C
04-22-2010, 09:41 AM

I'm not from the area but the rumor on other free boards is that it is between UT, A&M and LSU. It has been said that UT is in a slight lead. He likes UT but his parents prefered A&M is the rumor. So probably after all that he will probably choose LSU.

NastySlot
04-23-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm not from the area but the rumor on other free boards is that it is between UT, A&M and LSU. It has been said that UT is in a slight lead. He likes UT but his parents prefered A&M is the rumor. So probably after all that he will probably choose LSU.

I heard he just chose Texas

Phil C
04-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I heard he just chose Texas

This is great news and he is No. 20. I think that Texas is planning on shutting it down at 23 unless someone special decides to commit.

I think we would like to get RB Malcolm Brown and CB Josh Turner for sure. We do need a RB for sure. I think the third one would go to whoever wants to commit first.

Phil C
04-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Matthew Hegarty OL from New Mexico has announced he will attend Notre Dame. I hoped we would get him but I didn't think we would after his ND trip went so well and I think that is where his parents wanted him to go. Also when we got Westerman our OL options were now limited since we already have several others that are outstanding and announced for UT. We wish him the best at ND except where it adversely affects UT of course.

Phil C
04-29-2010, 03:21 PM
As an update on offers I think we now have seven outstanding 2011 offers per below:

1. Marquis Anderson, DT, Cibolo I rate the chances of him coming to UT as low.

2. Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo I think we still have a good chance on this one. The UT spring game indicates that it is changing to an offense suited for him and even though we lost Hegarty we still have a great OL in this class led by Westerman and Flowers.

3. Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio I would love to get him but I rate the chances as low.

4. Jarmauria Rasco, DE, Louisiana I rate as very low.

5. Quincy Russell, DT, San Antonio. I would love to get him too but I rate the chances as low.

6. Josh Turner, CB, Oklahoma As time goes on I think Okahoma makes up ground since it is close to home. I think our chances on this one are now slightly less than fair.

7. Anthony Wallace, LB, Dallas I rate as low.

There is interest in others such as CB Charles Jackson of Klien but I will be surprised if it goes any farther and I would rate our chances as low.

I think at this point and time we are basically through with this class. The main one I want is Brown or another good RB to go along with this great OL. I think we will do some recruiting but I think we are going to start mainly looking at 2012 very soon if we haven't started already. We have 20 committments and I think we will cut it off at 23 if we get that high. We might take two more if someone outstanding wants to come late but you can't count on that happening again like the 2010 recruits.

Overall I think this class is going to be another outstanding one and I am happy with it. Especially if we get a good RB.

Matthew328 and others please express your opinions on updates. This thread is for everyone.

Phil C
05-08-2010, 10:30 PM
As an update on offers I think we now have seven outstanding 2011 offers per below:

1. Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo I think we still have a good chance on this one. The UT spring game indicates that it is changing to an offense suited for him and even though we lost Hegarty we still have a great OL in this class led by Westerman and Flowers.

2. Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio I would love to get him but I rate the chances as low.

3. Jarmauria Rasco, DE, Louisiana I rate as very low.

4. Quincy Russell, DT, San Antonio. I would love to get him too but I rate the chances as low.

5. Josh Turner, CB, Oklahoma As time goes on I think Okahoma makes up ground since it is close to home. I think our chances on this one are now slightly less than fair.

6. Anthony Wallace, LB, Dallas I rate as low.

There is interest in others such as CB Charles Jackson of Klien but I will be surprised if it goes any farther and I would rate our chances as low.

I think at this point and time we are basically through with this class. The main one I want is Brown or another good RB to go along with this great OL. I think we will do some recruiting but I think we are going to start mainly looking at 2012 very soon if we haven't started already. We have 20 committments and I think we will cut it off at 23 if we get that high. We might take two more if someone outstanding wants to come late but you can't count on that happening again like the 2010 recruits.

Overall I think this class is going to be another outstanding one and I am happy with it. Especially if we get a good RB.

Matthew328 and others please express your opinions on updates. This thread is for everyone.

Marquis Anderson committed to Oklahoma. I had our chances rated low. I have adjusted the above offers to delete him. I hope it doesn't hurt our chances with his teammate RB Brown.

Phil C
05-15-2010, 05:08 PM
An update on our 2011 offers below:

1. Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo I still rate as good.

2. Aaron Green , RB, San Antonio I still rate as low. He is probably going to Nebraska.

3. Jarmauria Rasco, DE, LA I still rate as very low.

4. Quincy Russell, DT, San Antonio I still rate as low.

5. Josh Turner, CB, Oklahoma. I rate as slightly less than fair. I still think Oklahoma is going to make a push for him.

Charles Jackson, DB, Klein He doesn't have an offer but seems interested in UT and the feeling seems mutual. I think he had grade issues but has taken positive steps to correct them. He has offers from Michigan, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Baylor, and Houston. I think UT is waiting for the complete solving of the grade issues which should be coming. I think he is one that when things are settled will be offered when he is willing to commit.

Also recently it seems that Austin Seferan-Jenkins, a TD from Washington is interested in Texas. He has been positive. This one has offers from many schools around the country. We may offer but I still thik it may be an offer if you are ready to commit. He would be a good one.

Overall I still think that we are looking to stop at 23 which means we have three more. Brown is the priority of course but I think we would like Jackson and Turner also. Of course if Jenkins decides to come here we will extend it to 24 in my opinion. As for the rest they will be accepted if they want to come but I think the odds are now very remote on them at this stage.

Please commit on the updates with your information or opinion. These are mine based on how I feel and other information I have obtained from other free boards which must be taken with a grain of salt of course.

Phil C
05-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Other schools are now interested in Charles Jackson. He now has received offers from California, Nebraska, Missouri and Oklahoma. I hope we can get him. Right now I would say we have a fair chance if we offer.

Old Tiger
05-26-2010, 07:50 PM
According to OB, Bruce Chambers was there yesterday(Washington) to watch their drills. Austin Seferian-Jenkins(6'7 250 lbs) ran a 4.65 40. And Seferian-Jenkins and his mom are set to come in for the June 13 camp. The two are going to book their flights tomorrow and come in on Friday June 11, giving them Saturday to tour the facilities, campus, meet with academic folks, etc before hitting the camp on Sunday.

Until a month ago Texas wasn't recruiting him but he listed Texas as one of his top 5 schools and will likely receive his offer at the 13th camp. Many say he will commit to the Horns because of their TE depth chart and many schools want to move him to tackle and he doesn't want that.

Phil IMO the Texas are waiting after this school year to see Charles Jacksons transripts cause apparently they weren't good and that is why he did not get an offer. They told him to work on his grades and become a better student and from what I hear he's gotten them up and could be a lock to Texas.

Matthew328
05-26-2010, 08:00 PM
This Sefarin-Jenkins thing could take a spot away from a DB...not sure if Texas will get both Jackson and Turner if the TE from Washington does indeed commit.

Wonder what the status of McFarland from El Paso would be if Texas got the kid from Washington

Old Tiger
05-26-2010, 08:03 PM
This Sefarin-Jenkins thing could take a spot away from a DB...not sure if Texas will get both Jackson and Turner if the TE from Washington does indeed commit.

Wonder what the status of McFarland from El Paso would be if Texas got the kid from Washington I think with the new offense Texas is going to run a vast majority of TE's would be needed. Also I think Irby's career is over and that would free up a scholly.

Phil C
05-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Hey Old I read on another free web site that he is coming to Austin for a visit soon and his mother will be coming also. That is probably a good sign.

Rule #76
05-27-2010, 09:01 AM
I think with the new offense Texas is going to run a vast majority of TE's would be needed. Also I think Irby's career is over and that would free up a scholly.

It won't free a scholarship up b/c they will honor it like they did the kid from westlake. Irby still helps with football so I don't see them taking it away from him.

Phil C
05-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Rule #76
It won't free a scholarship up b/c they will honor it like they did the kid from westlake. Irby still helps with football so I don't see them taking it away from him.

Rule I think if he can't play they can give him a medical scholarship which wouldn't count against the 85 limit. I may be wrong but I think in that case it would free up a scholarship. It is a shame though because Irby was showing great promise as a TE.

JasperDog94
05-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Rule #76
It won't free a scholarship up b/c they will honor it like they did the kid from westlake. Irby still helps with football so I don't see them taking it away from him. But I think that scholarship will no longer count against them as far as the number of scholarships they can provide. They will still honor the monetary amount to the injured kid because money is not an issue when it comes to football at Texas. It just won't count against the number that they can now offer.

Phil C
05-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
But I think that scholarship will no longer count against them as far as the number of scholarships they can provide. They will still honor the monetary amount to the injured kid because money is not an issue when it comes to football at Texas. It just won't count against the number that they can now offer.

Jasper I have also heard that some schools won't accept the costs and put the kid out of school all together or make them pay their own expenses.

Phil C
06-01-2010, 11:01 PM
An update on our 2011 offers below:

1. Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo I still rate as good.

2. Aaron Green , RB, San Antonio I still rate as low. He is probably going to Nebraska.

3. Jarmauria Rasco, DE, LA I still rate as very low.

4. Quincy Russell, DT, San Antonio I still rate as low.

5. Josh Turner, CB, Oklahoma. I rate as slightly less than fair. I still think Oklahoma is going to make a push for him.

Charles Jackson, DB, Klein He doesn't have an offer but seems interested in UT and the feeling seems mutual. I think he had grade issues but has taken positive steps to correct them. He has offers from Michigan, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Baylor, and Houston. I think UT is waiting for the complete solving of the grade issues which should be coming. I think he is one that when things are settled will be offered when he is willing to commit.

Also recently it seems that Austin Seferan-Jenkins, a TD from Washington is interested in Texas. He has been positive. This one has offers from many schools around the country. We may offer but I still thik it may be an offer if you are ready to commit. He would be a good one.

Overall I still think that we are looking to stop at 23 which means we have three more. Brown is the priority of course but I think we would like Jackson and Turner also. Of course if Jenkins decides to come here we will extend it to 24 in my opinion. As for the rest they will be accepted if they want to come but I think the odds are now very remote on them at this stage.

Please commit on the updates with your information or opinion. These are mine based on how I feel and other information I have obtained from other free boards which must be taken with a grain of salt of course.

As an update some have changed slightly and there is interest that seems to be going on even though I don't know how far. It is noted that some of them will be at champ this weekend and some more development may happen. I don't know if there will be any workouts or not but some more offers and committments may result. We will see.

First the offers:

1. Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo. I still rate our chances as good. Alabama is recruiting him hard though and that makes me nervous.

2. Aaron Green. Some renewed interest shown by him but I still rate our chances as low.

3. Jermauria Rasco. He has showned more interest but I still rate our chances as very low.

4. Quincy Russell - no change

5. Josh Turner- No change but Miami who he loved growing up has offered so he may go there even though the distance may be in our favor. Still I rate our chances as still being less than fair.

6. Anthony Wallace - no change.

Regarding possible offers and I think all will be visiting this weekend:

Charles Jackson has received several offers so his grade issues seem to have been taken care of. This is great because he does seem interested in us and I think we may offer. I list our chances as a high low now.

Austin Jerferan-Jenkins seems to be interested and I think he may visit this weekend with his mother (which is always a good sign). Still Austin is a long way from Washington but with the interest he has shown I increase our chances to high low.

There is also interest shown by David Jenkins, a DB from Carrollton, Texas. Grades were also an issue but he seems to have taken care of them and now has offers from Boise State and Arizona. I think an offer to him depends on what Turner and Jackson do. I rate our chances as low.

So there you have it. I still think our goal is 23 but if the right ones want to come here it may be increased to25. I wouldn't be too surprised if we took more if the really outstanding ones want to come but that would have to be a hit against the 2012 class.

We will see. I definitely think in about a week or two we will have at least one or two more commits. Of course Malcolm Brown is the main recruit because we need another RB even though I would love to have both him and Green.

Old Tiger
06-01-2010, 11:06 PM

Charles Jackson has received several offers so his grade issues seem to have been taken care of. This is great because he does seem interested in us and I think we may offer. I list our chances as a high low now.

Austin Jerferan-Jenkins seems to be interested and I think he may visit this weekend with his mother (which is always a good sign). Still Austin is a long way from Washington but with the interest he has shown I increase our chances to high low. He and his mom have scheduled a trip to Austin as I stated earlier.

From everything I hear on Charles Jackson if we offer him he will commit. As far as Austin Seferian-Jenkins OOS isn't an issue and he wants to go OOS. ASJ and his mother have apparently scheduled a visit down to Austin and he will likely get an offer then.

Phil C
06-02-2010, 10:18 AM
From everything I hear on Charles Jackson if we offer him he will commit. As far as Austin Seferian-Jenkins OOS isn't an issue and he wants to go OOS. ASJ and his mother have apparently scheduled a visit down to Austin and he will likely get an offer then.

Hey Old I think we may even go over the 25 limit if the right ones commit but this will mean less numbers for 2012 class. What do you think?
I always worry about numbers but the coaches always work it out in the end and they know best how to handle the situations and it is always amazing how they work it out even though us outsiders have anxious moments.
There are several great ones but still a RB is a must this year.

Old Tiger
06-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Well you never know with early entries to the NFL draft and the possible loss of some players to injury which will free up some schollies.

SportsDoc
06-02-2010, 04:36 PM

who cares:D

Phil C
06-09-2010, 02:10 PM
The word out on other free boards is that this Texas Recruiting is Ranked No. 1 by one national recruiting board so far which isn't a surprise. The key is RB Malcolm Brown. That is the main thing they say this class needs. Brown is expected to announce sometime in late summer but you never know. If Texas gets him they said that Texas would have a lock on the No. 1 recruting class in 2011. Of course I have heard that before but no matter what it will be another outstanding class. Great news indeed.

DDBooger
06-09-2010, 02:12 PM
The word out on other free boards is that this Texas Recruiting is Ranked No. 1 by one national recruiting board so far which isn't a surprise. The key is RB Malcolm Brown. That is the main thing they say this class needs. Brown is expected to announce sometime in late summer but you never know. If Texas gets him they said that Texas would have a lock on the No. 1 recruting class in 2011. Of course I have heard that before but no matter what it will be another outstanding class. Great news indeed. that guy is a warhorse. He nearly led Steele to a win over LT. Down to last few secs and stopped at the goaline.

Old Tiger
06-15-2010, 10:31 PM
According to OB's Austin Seferian-Jenkins will be visiting Texas on August 6-7. He's already purchased his tickets and booked his hotel.
He'll be joined on the trip by his mother and his sister.

Phil C
06-16-2010, 07:21 AM
According to OB's Austin Seferian-Jenkins will be visiting Texas on August 6-7. He's already purchased his tickets and booked his hotel.
He'll be joined on the trip by his mother and his sister.

That is great news. The fact that his mother and sister are coming is extra encouraging.

Phil C
06-19-2010, 03:39 PM
We got commit No. 21 and it is CB Josh Turner of Oklahoma. This makes the second year in a row that we have got the top commit out of Oklahoma. Great news indeed!

Z-RO
06-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Cant name my source but I am 99% sure ASJ the TE from Washington will be a Longhorn as well. Hell of a class thus far

Phil C
06-19-2010, 05:54 PM
. Josh Turner- No change but Miami who he loved growing up has offered so he may go there even though the distance may be in our favor. Still I rate our chances as still being less than fair.

This is great news. The above was my quote on our chances of getting him so that shows how little I know. Still I am very happy I was wrong. He is an outstanding young man according to his coach and has a GPA of 3.97 and I think he wants to be a doctor.

Of course it isn't official until the signed paper is received on National Signing day in February, 2011.

Phil C
06-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Cant name my source but I am 99% sure ASJ the TE from Washington will be a Longhorn as well. Hell of a class thus far

I hope your source is right Z-RO because he is a good one and you can always use an extra TE because that is one position where injuries seem to happen more often. This is going to be another awesome class. I just hope we can also at least get another DT and RB.

Old Tiger
06-19-2010, 07:48 PM
We got commit No. 21 and it is CB Josh Turner of Oklahoma. This makes the second year in a row that we have got the top commit out of Oklahoma. Great news indeed! I bet its not funny when he happens to them.

Phil C
06-19-2010, 08:55 PM
I also forgot to point it out but it has been written that Mr. Turner took the ACT test in the 8th grade and qualified for college even back then.

Phil C
06-21-2010, 09:45 PM
I will now do an update on the offers and possible offers. Basically this class is about complete. This is one time we may go over the 25 limit. If we do expect some greyshirting and also probably a few lesser players taken in the 2012 class which has happened in the past. Remember the coaches always have been able to work things our and I am sure this year will be no differenct.
Below are my analysis and updates. Please give your opinions and information also. David Jenkins is a recent offer because he impressed the coaches at camp.

Offers are now to:

1. Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo - I still rate as good but that Alabama visit still has me nervous.

2. Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio - He has shown recent interest but I still rate as low but now it is a high low.

3. Jarmauri Rasco, DE, Louisiana - He has also shown some interest so I rate our chances as a high low now.

4. Quincy Russell, DT, San Antonio - I wish we could get him because I would like one more DE but I rate our chances still at low so we may look to the 2012 class for some good DTs.

5. Anthony Wallace, LB, Dallas. I still rate as low.

6. David Jenkins, CB, Carrollton - The most recent offer. Interested also in LSU. I rate as slightly less than fair.

Not offered yet but expected to visit the UT campus this summer is Austin Seferan-Jenkins, TE, Washington. He has really shown interest lately which is encouraging. Plus I am going to follow what Z-RO has mentioned and rate our chances as good and this is a good one to have.
Also Charles Jackson, CB, Klein was shown interest but I think he may be a victim of numbers game. He hasn't received an offer yet but I rate the chances of him getting one and accepting as low.

Phil C
06-27-2010, 07:24 PM
The rumor now is that Quincy Russell has now had time to think it over and will commit to UT officially tomorrow. This is great news. I really wanted us to take a DT this year and now we need a good RB. We now await for it officially.

Old Tiger
06-27-2010, 10:41 PM
The rumor now is that Quincy Russell has now had time to think it over and will commit to UT officially tomorrow. This is great news. I really wanted us to take a DT this year and now we need a good RB. We now await for it officially. He has tons of potential.

Phil C
06-28-2010, 12:27 PM
It's official now. He has verbaled to UT. A great birthday present indeed for me. :)

If you scroll up you will see this is another one I had our chances rated low. Just goes to show how much I know and I am delighted to be wrong again.

jp744
06-28-2010, 08:39 PM
He has tons of potential.
But tons of potential is not always good. I think the other kid is better DE Javonte #90 Quincy does not play hard every play and takes some plays off. #90 plays every down fast and gets after it.

Matthew328
06-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Not big on Russell, has bust written all over him

Old Tiger
06-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by jp744
But tons of potential is not always good. I think the other kid is better DE Javonte #90 Quincy does not play hard every play and takes some plays off. #90 plays every down fast and gets after it. Texas is stacked at DE and DT is where we are lacking long term depth so this was a huge pick up for UT. He won't be asked to play every down at UT either so when he gets in his motor will be at full speed all the time

Phil C
06-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Texas is stacked at DE and DT is where we are lacking long term depth so this was a huge pick up for UT. He won't be asked to play every down at UT either so when he gets in his motor will be at full speed all the time

That is indeed right Old. UT is very good about giving players even though they don't start playing time. They like to keep their players rested and not tired during the game and it works well for them.

Phil C
06-28-2010, 10:07 PM
As and update again on the prospects of the ones with offers to UT I present the following.

1. Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo - I am nervous that he is seriously considering Alabama but I still think we will get him in the end. He has mentioned he will decide by the end of summer but I won't be surprised if he waits longer. The longer he waits the better I feel our chances are. But they way I have doing lately in my predictions this must be taken with a grain of salt. This is already an awesome class but if we land Brown or another good RB it will be one of the greatest ever.

2. Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio. I still rate our chances as low but it is a high low. The longer he waits is good for us because I think he will decide here if he does. Still I give Nebraska a slight edge on him.

3. Jarmauri Rasco, DE, LA. I still rate our chances as a high low. He has shown interest and his head coach is a UT graduate. Keep your fingers crossed everyone.

4. Anthony Wallace, LB, Dallas. I rate our chances as very low.

5. David Jenkins, CB, Carrollton. I rate our chances as slightly less than fair but you never know.

As mentioned earlier Washington TE Austin Seferan-Jenkins is very interested in coming here. He is scheduled to come to Austin in Ausgust to visit with his mother and sister which is a good sign he is serious. No doubt if he is interested in coming he will be offered. I think he may wait to get back in Washington to talk it over with his family before the final decision. He wold be a great one to get so now I am going to still rate it as good that we get him.

We now have 22 committments and I think we will take at least three more and perhaps more if the right ones want to come. The ones I feel you take no matter what are Brown, Green, Rasco and Austin Seferan-Jenkins. If David also wants to come I think we will make room. I don't think Wallace is really interested in coming here.

Basically the recruitment for 2010 is over and we will be looking more closely at 2012 now.

Phil C
07-08-2010, 02:47 PM
According to the source below Malcolm Brown has narrowed his choice to Texas and Alabama which isn't a big surprise. There are rumors on other boards. I have heard his friends say he likes Alabama but others say his mother wants him to go to Texas. Of course all of this must be taken with a grain of salt. I think as of right now he wants to decide before school starts but you never know. We will see. Right now I rate our chances as fair with a very small slight edge over Alabama.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/Steeles_Brown_wrestling_with_decision_between_UT_a nd_Bama_97996354.html

SHSBulldog00
07-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Cibolo Steele running back Malcolm Brown, the Longhorns’ top remaining target in their 2011 football recruiting class, is taking an unofficial visit to the UT campus today, Steele coach Mike Jinks said.

“He’s just taking a look at the campus, mostly the academic side of things and not so much the athletic side,” Jinks said.

Brown, one of the top running back prospects in the nation for 2011, has narrowed his choices down to Texas and Alabama. He also recently visited the Alabama campus.

“It’s a heck of a decision for him, and there’s not a wrong decision,” Jinks said. “I just want what’s best for Malcolm. He’s a great young man, a thoughtful young man, and I’m sure he and his family will make what they feel is the right decision for him.”

Jinks predicted Brown’s decision will come “by the start of the season, if not before then.”

The Longhorns, with 22 verbal pledges, are close to wrapping up their 2011 class. Brown, a 6-foot-1, 222-pounder who rushed for 2,170 yards and 33 touchdowns as a junior, has been one of their prime targets from the start. Texas also remains seriously interested in highly-touted tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins of Gig Harbor, Wash. Seferian-Jenkins is scheduled to visit UT in early August.

fresh-j
07-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Brown will start wherever he goes by the time he's a freshman, Steele has an interesting story, alotta the kids (including brown and simmons) are military kids that moved to ciablo in the 5th grade, I'd say ciablo lucked out with Malcolm ;)

Old Tiger
07-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Brown wouldn't start next year at either Alabama or Texas. However he has a better shot at cracking the the starting line up at Texas.

fresh-j
07-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Brown wouldn't start next year at either Alabama or Texas. However he has a better shot at cracking the the starting line up at Texas.

If he goes to bama, ingram is outa here after this year, Richardson is good. Has baaaaaaaaad issue problems. Tre Newton is overratted. Shead will play defence, fozzy and Johnson are done after this year as well

:D

Phil C
07-30-2010, 08:44 PM
As and update again on the prospects of the ones with offers to UT I present the following.

1. Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo - I am nervous that he is seriously considering Alabama but I still think we will get him in the end. He has mentioned he will decide by the end of summer but I won't be surprised if he waits longer. The longer he waits the better I feel our chances are. But they way I have doing lately in my predictions this must be taken with a grain of salt. This is already an awesome class but if we land Brown or another good RB it will be one of the greatest ever.

2. Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio. I still rate our chances as low but it is a high low. The longer he waits is good for us because I think he will decide here if he does. Still I give Nebraska a slight edge on him.

3. Jarmauri Rasco, DE, LA. I still rate our chances as a high low. He has shown interest and his head coach is a UT graduate. Keep your fingers crossed everyone.

4. Anthony Wallace, LB, Dallas. I rate our chances as very low.

As mentioned earlier Washington TE Austin Seferan-Jenkins is very interested in coming here. He is scheduled to come to Austin in Ausgust to visit with his mother and sister which is a good sign he is serious. No doubt if he is interested in coming he will be offered. I think he may wait to get back in Washington to talk it over with his family before the final decision. He wold be a great one to get so now I am going to still rate it as good that we get him.

We now have 22 committments and I think we will take at least three more and perhaps more if the right ones want to come. The ones I feel you take no matter what are Brown, Green, Rasco and Austin Seferan-Jenkins. If David also wants to come I think we will make room. I don't think Wallace is really interested in coming here.

Basically the recruitment for 2011 is over and we will be looking more closely at 2012 now.

I edited my quote since David Jenkins has verbaled to LSU. I had our chances rated slightly less than even so I was right on this one

Phil C
08-02-2010, 10:22 PM
It has been reported that TE Austin Sefera-Jenkins (ASJ) has set his announcement date on August 16, 2010 at 8:30 P.M. CST. He is scheduled to be visiting UT this weekend with his family.

Also RB Malcolm Brown may verbally commit this month (August) also.

SHSBulldog00
08-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Will they be on ESPN?

Old Tiger
08-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Malcolm Brown as well as Aaron Green will be on ESPN during Week 0.

SHSBulldog00
08-02-2010, 10:43 PM
I meant will they announce on ESPN.

Phil C
08-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Washington TE Austin Seferan-Jenkins has visited UT unofficially and has been offered. He is visiting with his mother and the word is everything has gone well and he likes Austin and UT. He is still scheduled to announce on August 16th. Word is that it is between UT, Florida (a long shot) and Washington which is close to home. We will see. I still rate our chances as good even though the closeness to home could become important. This is one that has practically recruited himself because he sure worked hard to get an offer from UT after all the offers he had.

Phil C
08-07-2010, 10:38 AM
It is also being reported that LA DE Jermauria Rasco is making an unofficial visit to UT this weekend. This one I rate still as a high low.

Phil C
08-08-2010, 08:48 PM
As an update UT has 22 committments with 5 offers outstanding and my analysis below.

Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo. I still have our chances as Good but not Excellent because Alabama is making a move. This is an excellent class but having another top RB would really make it perfect. He may verbal later this month.

Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio. I still rate this as a high low but he would be a good one to get. I think Nebraska has the edge though.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington. I rate our chances as a good. As mentioned it is mainly between coming to Texas or staying close to home (Washington). He likes Texas but home could be a factor. We will see. He is scheduled to announce on August 16 at 8:30 P.M. CST.

Jermauria Rasco, DE, LA I still rate as a high low.

Anthony Wallace, LB, Dallas. I still rate as low.

I think we will keep the number at 25 even though if the right one wanted to come we might make room for one or two more. But I don't think that is going to be necessary. As I have said we are basically though with 2010 recruiting and will be awaiting the decision of the offers. It must also be remembered that nothing is official until National Signing Day on February
2, 2011.

Matthew328
08-08-2010, 09:08 PM
ASJ is concerned about the price of plane tickets IMO...In his interview w/orangebloods I got the tone he was going to pick Washington....

Old Tiger
08-08-2010, 09:37 PM
ASJ is concerned about the price of plane tickets IMO...In his interview w/orangebloods I got the tone he was going to pick Washington.... Yup...unless his research pays off on flight cost OR his family wants to move which I doubt.

Phil C
08-16-2010, 02:15 PM
ASJ is supposed to announce tonight at 8:30 P.M. CST. I agree now that our changes are slightly less than fair and that he is going to announce for Washington. Closeness to home and family seems to be the determining factor which is understandable. I really think he was sincere but when Washington kicked their starting TE off the team it opened a door there. And he has been seen at Washington practices the past week.
Still he has handled his recruiting with class and no matter what I wish him the best except when it adversely affects UT.

Phil C
08-16-2010, 09:19 PM
ASJ announces for Washington which is not a surprise now. A week ago it would have been a small surprise but it is obvious as mentioned that closeness to home no doubt won out. Hopefully it will be the same with Malcolm Brown who is expected to announce sometime this month.

TMer25
08-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Malcolm Brown is a Longhorn

Phil C
08-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
Malcolm Brown is a Longhorn

Yes indeed! This is awesome and wonderful news. We had a great class but this one makes it even better. Fantastic indeed and I am sure everyone is happy and delighted! :clap:

Phil C
08-19-2010, 10:06 AM
As an update we now have 23 verbals with 3 outstanding offers. The yearly limit is 25 but you can go over a few under certain conditions such as early enrollment. But I feel that basically we are through with this class and will mainly have a wait and see approach especially with the season about to start and the offers have been made. So we are waiting for the recruits to make up their minds now.
The three offers are as follows:

1. Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio I still rate our chances as low at about 40%. I only rate it that high because he has said he would like to play on the same team as Malcolm Brown but I still think he will go to Nebraska. I would love to have him though. He is one you make room for no matter what.

2. Jermauria Rasco, DE, LA He is a good one and another one you take no matter what. I think we have a high low chance at 49% but I give the edge to LSU.

3. Anthony Wallace, LB, Dallas A good one but I rate our chances as very low at 10%

Another slim possibility is that we may offer DB Charles Jackson of Klein. He had some grade issues but these seem to have been resolved. He does have some impressive offers that include Florida, OKlahoma and Michigan. Even if we do offer I rate our chances as low at about 35% but we may still go for it since ASJ has decided to go to Washington.

As I wrote we are basically through with this class unless something comes up. I think we now mainly start thinking about 2012. But remember nothing is final until National Signing Day in February, 2011. I am optimistic that we will be able to keep these players that have verbaled to us.

Old Tiger
08-19-2010, 10:53 AM
I have heard that Malcolm Brown is the best runningback out of the state of Texas since Adrian Peterson. Matt, what do you think?

DDBooger
08-19-2010, 11:01 AM
I have heard that Malcolm Brown is the best runningback out of the state of Texas since Adrian Peterson. Matt, what do you think? The guy almost single-handedly led Steele over LT.

his highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TFe68uBDXU&p=A831B581F961879C&playnext=1&index=33

Emerson1
08-19-2010, 12:04 PM
It's been a while since Texas got an elite back like this. It's always been good 4*, but not that big time guy in a while.

Old Tiger
08-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's been a while since Texas got an elite back like this. It's always been good 4*, but not that big time guy in a while. Not since Cedric Benson

Old Tiger
08-19-2010, 03:15 PM
I heard that tight end Nick O'Leary out of West Palm Beach, Florida(Dwyer) wants to visit Austin and has shown some late interest in the Horns.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nick-O'Leary-93564

slpybear the bullfan
08-19-2010, 08:47 PM
For my first official football post of the 2010 season... HOOK 'EM!

SHSBulldog00
08-22-2010, 12:59 AM
I heard that tight end Nick O'Leary out of West Palm Beach, Florida(Dwyer) wants to visit Austin and has shown some late interest in the Horns.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nick-O'Leary-93564

What are the Horns chances?

Phil C
08-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
What are the Horns chances?

He has a big list of offers so I would rate our chances as very low.

#1 TEXAN
08-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Has anyone heard how the new Mccoy is doing as a longhorn?

Old Tiger
08-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
What are the Horns chances? Less than 15 I would say at this point

Old Tiger
08-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by #1 TEXAN
Has anyone heard how the new Mccoy is doing as a longhorn? not too good. Wood is clear cut #2 at this point

Phil C
08-23-2010, 07:32 PM
not too good. Wood is clear cut #2 at this point

I think they are planning to redshirt McCoy unless injuries change plans.

Phil C
08-23-2010, 07:34 PM
No matter what I thinkthe others with offers are going to be January and February 2011 decisions so we won't hear much recruiting news on the 2011 class. No matter what since we now have Malcolm Brown this is one great class and anything else is just extra frosting on the cake.

Phil C
08-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Looking back over the past several months and we have done a fantastic job of recruiting as reported. We have 23 committments out of 30 offers with three still outstanding. I still think Charles Jackson will probably get an offer but that is one that is we'll offer when you are ready to commit. Rasco and Green are two you take no matter what even though I don't think we get either one.

What is remarkable of the 23 we had already got 17 in February. We got 1 in March, 2 in April, 2 in June and one in August so you see we get a large percentage of them by Feb. 28th. I think as I have written we are basically through with this class and letting the recruits decide and will be concentrating on the 2012 class now. This is a great class and is Ranked by most experts now as No. 1 especially since we got Malcolm Brown. I knew our main needs were RBs and OL and we addressed both of them. I don't know if any one else will take over No. 1 but I am pleased with this class and wouldn't trade them for anyone else's.

Old Tiger
08-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Looking back over the past several months and we have done a fantastic job of recruiting as reported. We have 23 committments out of 30 offers with three still outstanding. I still think Charles Jackson will probably get an offer but that is one that is we'll offer when you are ready to commit. Rasco and Green are two you take no matter what even though I don't think we get either one.

What is remarkable of the 23 we had already got 17 in February. We got 1 in March, 2 in April, 2 in June and one in August so you see we get a large percentage of them by Feb. 28th. I think as I have written we are basically through with this class and letting the recruits decide and will be concentrating on the 2012 class now. This is a great class and is Ranked by most experts now as No. 1 especially since we got Malcolm Brown. I knew our main needs were RBs and OL and we addressed both of them. I don't know if any one else will take over No. 1 but I am pleased with this class and wouldn't trade them for anyone else's. I don't think Jackson will get an offer...he's just too big of a risk for the staff to take a chance on. We need young DB's who will be there 3-4 years down the road from now.

Phil C
10-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Most of the recruits are having great senior years in HS.

Old Tiger
10-25-2010, 09:01 PM
The experts say its Nebraska. Would be shocked if he chose Texas though.

Phil C
10-27-2010, 08:47 AM
I also know a lady who was recruited by A&M to play basketball from Victoria. She received a scholarship, and following her freshman year---had to have a cardiac defibrillator implanted---and they revoked her scholarship.

So, guess it's just up to the school and not a NCAA rule.

Too bad she didn't choose UT or someone that has the reputation of honoring scholarships.

Phil C
10-27-2010, 08:49 AM
He is expected to announce at his church tonight at 7 P.M. The choices are Nebraska, Texas, California and Florida State. Nebraska is the heavy favorite especially since he has family playing there so not really any suspense here.

Phil C
10-27-2010, 11:08 AM
As an update regarding this class I think we are basically through.
There was some discussion about DB Charles Jackson of Klein but he has shown little interest in us and vice versa for whatever reason so I rate our chances as very low like 1%. Also we have never offered him.

We have offered Anthony Wallace, LB, of Dallas but he seems to be wanting to go elsewhere and I rate our chances the same as very low at 1%.

I still rate Green as low and heading to Nebraska.

Regardless what Green decides I feel basically the only recruit we will be after will be Jermauria Rasco, DE, LA. I rate our chances as a high low but still give the edge to LSU. Regardless of what he chooses this will close out this class.

WildTexan972
10-27-2010, 11:55 AM
top5 rated classes year after year and can't beat UCLA....funny

Phil C
10-27-2010, 10:25 PM
As expected Green verbaled to Nebraska. I think we will wait on Rasco's decision and that will be it for this class.

Phil C
11-04-2010, 12:42 PM
DB Charles Jackson choose Nebraska. It is no surprise that he didn't choose us and he was never offered. LB Anthony Wallace has been offered but I still rate our chances as extremely low at 1%.

Basically unless something unexpected happens we are through with this class but are still waiting for Rasco to decided and even then I rate our chances as high low at 49%. I think we will now mainly work on 2012 class and also work to keep the recruits we have for 2011 because this group is great.

Old Tiger
11-04-2010, 12:52 PM
DB Charles Jackson choose Nebraska. It is no surprise that he didn't choose us and he was never offered. LB Anthony Wallace has been offered but I still rate our chances as extremely low at 1%.

Basically unless something unexpected happens we are through with this class but are still waiting for Rasco to decided and even then I rate our chances as high low at 49%. I think we will now mainly work on 2012 class and also work to keep the recruits we have for 2011 because this group is great. Concerning Roscoe Phil, I put our chances with him at 50/50...we either land him or we don't. :D

Phil C
11-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Wallace committed to Oregon. I didn't think we had a chance at all anyway.
I think now we are just waiting on Rasco's decision.

Phil C
11-22-2010, 12:02 AM
After that temper tantrum displayed by the Nebraska Coach I wonder if Aaron Green really wants to go there since he goes to church and has religious values. Whew.

Phil C
11-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Below is alarming news for UT fans and there could be something to it. I never am completely happy until the LOI is signed in February especially after Corey Nelson playing the Aggies along and then switching to OU on the last day.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/523621-is-cedric-reed-ditching-mack-brown-texas-longhorns-for-the-texas-am-aggies

NastySlot
11-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Below is alarming news for UT fans and there could be something to it. I never am completely happy until the LOI is signed in February especially after Corey Nelson playing the Aggies along and then switching to OU on the last day.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/523621-is-cedric-reed-ditching-mack-brown-texas-longhorns-for-the-texas-am-aggies

i saw him after the game.......also saw a few Louisiana recruits.

Phil C
12-11-2010, 05:17 PM
As an update Cedric Reed says he is still UT bound. Some stories have come out that Anthony Wallace might have been involved with a street agent which would explain why we didn't persue him too heavily. At the last minute he verbaled to Oregon when it looked like he was an OU or Florida lean.
Free Boards have said UT is now interested in DE Brandon Alexander of Brenham. He has generated lots of interest since he had a great senior year and it is said that OU, FL and Bama have expressed interest also. Our interest may also be due that maybe we fell our chances at Rasco are diminishing.

Phil C
01-06-2011, 03:43 PM
As an update things are looking positive as it looks like we are getting some very good hires as new assistant coaches. I was concerned and still am but not as much as before.

Phil C
01-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Things are looking much better now. It isn't official but it looks like our final coach will be announced soon and it is OL Coach Jeff Grimes of Auburn. I think these great hires will keep our recruits. We will see.

NastySlot
01-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Things are looking much better now. It isn't official but it looks like our final coach will be announced soon and it is OL Coach Jeff Grimes of Auburn. I think these great hires will keep our recruits. We will see.

Texas ties............from Garland played ball at LC.

Matthew328
01-14-2011, 08:51 PM
As an update Cedric Reed says he is still UT bound. Some stories have come out that Anthony Wallace might have been involved with a street agent which would explain why we didn't persue him too heavily. At the last minute he verbaled to Oregon when it looked like he was an OU or Florida lean.
Free Boards have said UT is now interested in DE Brandon Alexander of Brenham. He has generated lots of interest since he had a great senior year and it is said that OU, FL and Bama have expressed interest also. Our interest may also be due that maybe we fell our chances at Rasco are diminishing.

Brandon Alexander is visiting TCU this weekend (on campus as I type) and is either visiting Florida or Texas nezt weekend

Phil C
01-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Coach Grimes decided to stay at Auburn. Probably offered more money even though I suspect he used us to get a little more money but that happens. I am not optimistic. I think we will get good hires but it will take time to get the program together and I think we now will lose recruits. Especially since Coach Akina has decided to go home to Arizona. These changes will probably cost us recruits this year in maybe Turner and Westerman. I still feel we will get some good hires though and will do good in the long run but it is now going to take more time. With the recruits we had we would have been in position to be in the NC game or a good chance in my opinion so they are missing out too as well as the coaches. But patience.

Matthew328
01-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Turner will likely at least take a couple of visits

Red&White_9x5
01-17-2011, 12:47 PM
If Akina does leave for Arizona, recruiting will take a BIG hit

Phil C
01-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
If Akina does leave for Arizona, recruiting will take a BIG hit

I am not so sure now. The DB Coach of Seatle just accepted the job as DB coach at UT. His name is Jerry Gray and he was an All American DB at UT during the early 80s and had a successful pro career and made the pro bowl a few times. He has had great success in coaching defense and defensive backs in the NFL. He is happy to be coming back home to Austin.

We got a good one. Great news indeed.

Phil C
01-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Here is a summary of the announcement. Everything done with class. Coach Akina waited till after Seatle's season to announce he was leaving and Coach Brown and Coach Gray also waited. Great job Coaches.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2011/01/17/breaking_jerry.html?cxntfid=blogs_bevo_beat

Phil C
01-19-2011, 04:41 PM
I am now changing what I think our chances of getting Rasco. I had it as a high low at 49% but now I think it is a low chance at 30%. I don't think we will be in his top three now. I think he will announce on NSD which probably means another hat trick.

Phil C
01-20-2011, 08:42 PM
As an update we have hired GA OL Coach Stacy Searels. He has had success both as a coach and player. He may not have been the first choice or even the fifth choice but I think we got a good one and the coaches seemed to want him after the interview. Plus he wants to come to Texas.

It looks like we are going to lose Westerman to Auburn. We will probably know tomorrow for sure but it doesn't look promising. I always hate these type of things for everyone especially this close to NSD because you not only lose the recruit but also someone you might have recruited that would have came to UT. Anyway it looks like we got a great football staff now with some young and experienced coaches which should increase the enthusiasm. Also even though we will probably lose Westerman this is still going to be a great class. Hopefully next year we can get another OL. Westerman's departure won't be a total shock based on rumors plus OOS recruits are known more for not holding up with their committments but Westerman was too good to not offer. More later. Even though we may lose him if we can keep who we have I don't think I would trade with any other school.

Pendragon13
01-21-2011, 10:23 AM
So, are you guys getting that big five-star guard from Arizona or not? Scout.com still shows him as "soft verbal" and the sportswriters there seem to think he's going with Auburn..

Matthew328
01-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I think he flips

Phil C
01-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
So, are you guys getting that big five-star guard from Arizona or not? Scout.com still shows him as "soft verbal" and the sportswriters there seem to think he's going with Auburn..

I think he is switching to Auburn. We will know for sure soon even though NSD isn't till Feb. 2.

Phil C
01-21-2011, 12:54 PM
As expected Westerman switched to Auburn. But we are still going to have an outstanding class. I hate to lose him but (and I admit this may be sour grapes) I think we may have dodged a bullet here. I still wish him the best at Auburn except when it adversely affects UT of course.

Phil C
01-24-2011, 12:27 PM
I am now changing what I think our chances of getting Rasco. I had it as a high low at 49% but now I think it is a low chance at 30%. I don't think we will be in his top three now. I think he will announce on NSD which probably means another hat trick.

I still haven't changed my low chances of getting Rasco but we did offer DE Brandon Alexander of Brenham. Maybe he was offered since Westerman changed as expected but he has also been offered by TCU, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and others. He was not rated highly but interest in him started because he had a very good senior year.

Matthew328
01-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Alexander was an unknown..played at a tiny private school in Louisiana as a junior...his guardian got a job coaching at Blinn JC and he moved to Brenham and blew up...

Phil C
01-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Matthew do you have any guesses of our chances of getting him? I don't know much about the situation.

Matthew328
01-24-2011, 04:49 PM
I'd say its 50/50 between Texas and A&M

NastySlot
02-01-2011, 08:16 PM
I'd say its 50/50 between Texas and A&M

told he committed to aggies today? That would be good might open the door for the other brenham studs coming out next season.

Phil C
02-01-2011, 09:51 PM
told he committed to aggies today? That would be good might open the door for the other brenham studs coming out next season.

I agree. I hated to lose Westerman (and rumors were starting before the coaching changes or the team started to lose) but under the circumstances if that is the only one we lose it will be great even if we don't gain anyone and just use the scholarships next year. I will be satisfied with the 22 we got so far. The main one I will be glad to have that signature is Josh Turner even though he says he is solid with us. Let's be happy on who we got and not who we lost. This is a great class.

Tomorrow is it as it is national signing day. Remember this is the 2011 recruits' day so let's let them have it. We can start worrying about the 2012 class on Thursday.

NastySlot
02-02-2011, 10:16 AM

as I typed this last night two 2012 recruits from Brenham committed to the Aggies with maybe a few more to come.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 10:21 AM
as I typed this last night two 2012 recruits from Brenham committed to the Aggies with maybe a few more to come.

Tech got LOI from Derek Edwards of Brenham.

Matthew328
02-02-2011, 12:34 PM

Adrian Bellard and Troy Green

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Adrian Bellard and Troy Green

Matt, are you seeing any big suprises yet? I've only really been watching Tech and 3A as I find them.

Phil C
02-02-2011, 12:52 PM
As expected Texas has recieved signatures of all of its' recruits even though there may be some "mock" signings on tv later. This is great news especially considering the bad season and coaching changes. We only lost one but that was rumored while times were still good. Good news indeed! There may be more even though I don't think so but we can use them next year. Great news indeed!

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
As expected Texas has recieved signatures of all of its' recruits even though there may be some "mock" signings on tv later. This is great news especially considering the bad season and coaching changes. We only lost one but that was rumored while times were still good. Good news indeed! There may be more even though I don't think so but we can use them next year. Great news indeed!

Phil, who did you lose?

Tech lost 2 but picked up 2 so far. I think we have a couple out but they are verifying one right now.

Phil C
02-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Phil, who did you lose?

Tech lost 2 but picked up 2 so far. I think we have a couple out but they are verifying one right now.

We lost Christian Westerman (OL) from Arizona. He changed to Auburn. This had been rumored for several months before the UT season slide and coaching change so it was not a surprise.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 02:29 PM
We lost Christian Westerman (OL) from Arizona. He changed to Auburn. This had been rumored for several months before the UT season slide and coaching change so it was not a surprise.

Oh, I see, I thought you meant ya'll lost one today.

We lost Tuerene to UGA
We lost Simmons to North Carolina

We picked up Cooper Washington from OU
we picked up Desimon Green from Pitt

Can't complain. We should finish out top 20. I noticed UT slipped a bit this year but still outstanding class.

BEAST
02-02-2011, 02:33 PM
I like what Sherman did with the Aggies recruiting class. Not sure where it ranked, but he got some defensive hosses. Made sure the "needs" got taken care of. Also, I like the Manziel kid.

BEAST

NastySlot
02-02-2011, 02:36 PM
I like what Sherman did with the Aggies recruiting class. Not sure where it ranked, but he got some defensive hosses. Made sure the "needs" got taken care of. Also, I like the Manziel kid.

BEAST

kinda have feeling sherm...got what he needed and is hard work on 2012.

BEAST
02-02-2011, 02:42 PM
kinda have feeling sherm...got what he needed and is hard work on 2012.

Kinda have the feeling that if theyll leave Sherm alone A&M will continue this upswing.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 04:27 PM

BEAST

Here are the ranking so far today

Scout:
2. Texas
15. Oklahoma
18. Texas Tech
24. OSU
32. A&M
38. Kansas
42. Mizzou

Rivals:
5. Texas
13. OU
19. Texas Tech
28. A&M
29. OSU

navscanmaster
02-02-2011, 09:51 PM
My thoughts on A&M's class:

QB - Johnny Manziel - the best prospect IMO. Size kept him from being a 4 star caliber prospect. Switched from being a future star at Oregon to totally different offense at A&M. Kid must really want to be an Aggie, and that is the kind of players that have been successful there.

RB - Will Randolph - not a bad pick. Will replace Bradley Stephens who left the team for NF career as the third/fourth string back. Ben Malena is third as it is now, and will probably stay there.

TE - Missed. Peterson to Arkansas hurt a little, but TE was not the biggest need either.

OL - Joseph Cheek, Nate Gutekunst, Ben Compton. They all are tall, strong, and capable of putting on more muscle on their frames. They are not in immediate demand, which gives them time to grow and learn. Sherman knows OL talent. Period.

WR - Mike Evans - Interesting pick and could be a diamond in the rough. He is AAU talent on the hardwood, and was an immediate star at wideout in his first year of football. How he develops is to be determined, but 6'5 185 guys can bulk up quickly and command attention from defenses. Chance Nelson from Baytown will be a slot guy, and is kind of a reach IMO, but he was a stud playmaker in HS. How that translates to DI is the question.

DL - Shayvion Hatten from Daingerfield will play on D for the Ags, and is going to be competing for PT quickly. He was just as important to D'Field's three peat as Edmond (UT). LaMarc Strahan fills a big need at NT in the Ags 3-4. And I mean BIG! 6'4" 360! Where the heck was he against LSU? Guy will scare the bajeezus out of RBs who look up the middle.

LB - Brandon Alexander, I can't believe I am saying this, but Sherm wants him there, and he supposedly wants to try it out. Watching his film, the kid loves standing up and rushing into the backfield, ala Von Miller. Huge get for Ags who don't win many head to head recruiting battles against Mack Butter...I mean Brown. Shaun Ward is another Von type prospect, and was considered the best OLB prospect in Florida. Also a huge signature. Donnie Baggs, already enrolled, will enter higher up on the depth chart. Darzil Washington is a physical speciman at ILB, but was seen more as an insurance policy for the loss of Leilon Willingham to Michigan or UCF. At this time, Willingham is still not listed as having signed a LOI, but I think the Ags have moved on anyhow. Tyrell Taylor and Steve Jenkins round out the LBs, and Taylor is more or less viewed as one and one to get his stud little bro in 2012. Doesn't mean he doesn't have talent, but 2 stars didn't get him much attention.

DB - The most exciting developments on defense. Howard Matthews is highly thought of in the Houston area, and is considered the top athlete. Will be an immediate competitor on returns. Floyd Raven had a flaky final two weeks, but is a big, physical, fast corner in the SEC mold. Had Bama or LSU not signed a gagillion DBs, he would have gone the instant an offer rolled in. Ole Miss and their coaching turnover finally won his favor toward A&M. JUCO Johntel Franklin should add much needed immediate depth, and DeShazor Everitt and Devonta Burns will add depth, but have their work cut out for them if they look to be regulars on the field.

Special Teams - The Ags signed two, yes, two kickers. Taylor Bertolet, the nations #1 kicker, comes all the way from Pennsylvania, and will push senior Randy Bullock, who had a great JR year. Randy will probably kick this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Taylor get a redshirt, barring injury to Randy. Drew Kaser, the #4 punter according to Kohls, comes from Ohio and should kick Epperson out of the starter's spot immediately. He will shore up the Ag's biggest special teams, and in turn defensive, weakness, which is losing the field position battle.

Sorry if that was long, but I have been following the recruiting quite a bit this year, and I am really excited about the Ag's class, even if it doesn't have a lot of 4 and 5 star players. But on the other hand, you have to sigh when you look at what little ole Clemson just did. Four 5 star players so far, and they might still sign the fifth, Jadaveon Clowney, who is the nation's #1 prospect overall at DE.

teetle
02-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Wes donts cares abouts de farmers. That bes another thread. Starts ones if yous wants to talks about that.:D :eek: :eek: :D

Phil C
02-10-2011, 12:32 AM
I am not so sure now. The DB Coach of Seatle just accepted the job as DB coach at UT. His name is Jerry Gray and he was an All American DB at UT during the early 80s and had a successful pro career and made the pro bowl a few times. He has had great success in coaching defense and defensive backs in the NFL. He is happy to be coming back home to Austin.

We got a good one. Great news indeed.

This class may have some changes. It is rumored now that Coach Gray was offered the job as Titans Defensive Coordinator with a big increase in salary. If he takes it we will need to get another DB Coach. We will probably know tomorrow (I hope) if he takes the job. I can't fault him if he does because of the money. Still one of the reasons Josh Turner stayed with us was because of the hire. I think Coach Brown will find a good one if he goes but still if Turner isn't happy with who we hire I think the honorable thing in this situation is to release him unconditionally from his signed Letter of Intent if the NCAA allows it. I would hope he stays but if he wants to leave the goodwill jester will be far more helpful in the long run than making someone come who doesn't want to come.

SHSBulldog00
02-10-2011, 12:02 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b8a3c

Tevin Jackson may have been a 2010 recruit but he will begin play in 2011.

Phil C
02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
This class may have some changes. It is rumored now that Coach Gray was offered the job as Titans Defensive Coordinator with a big increase in salary. If he takes it we will need to get another DB Coach. We will probably know tomorrow (I hope) if he takes the job. I can't fault him if he does because of the money. Still one of the reasons Josh Turner stayed with us was because of the hire. I think Coach Brown will find a good one if he goes but still if Turner isn't happy with who we hire I think the honorable thing in this situation is to release him unconditionally from his signed Letter of Intent if the NCAA allows it. I would hope he stays but if he wants to leave the goodwill jester will be far more helpful in the long run than making someone come who doesn't want to come.

Coach Gray is staying! Great news indeed!

:clap:

Phil C
03-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Well we know Coach Gray left but we got Coach Akina back.
I really thought we were finished with this class but there is a preferred walk on coming. He doesn't count against the scholarship and the only financial aid they might get is academic aid from what I understand plus they have parents that can afford to send them to college so he is basically on his on financial
aid. Maybe someone else can ellaborate better what a Preferred Walk On is. Quite often they are finally offered a scholarship when they are juniors or especially seniors.

It is kicker Ben Pruitt of The Woodlands, Texas. He is a good field goal kicker and kick off kicker. The only thing is that he will need to work on his hang time on kick offs. He has the distance. He had scholarship offers from Army, Air Force and Texas State. He may not have wanted to go to any of the acadamies but he had a full ride at Texas State which indicates money isn't a problem with him or parents since he really wanted to come to Texas. Texas Tech had offered him a Preferred Walk on and there was interest from Drake, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma State, LSU and Oklahoma.

Good news indeed.