PDA

View Full Version : Poor Aggies

Old Tiger
02-03-2010, 11:11 AM
They got Perrilouxed by Corey Nelson and lost Fobbs to LSU.

NastySlot
02-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger

I never thought Fobbs would come to A&M.... rumor has he was influenced strongly by his h.s. coach....I think this is a LA kid that always wanted to be a tiger and didn't like being told he might have to change positions....Nelson that hurts.

NastySlot
02-03-2010, 12:08 PM
done deals...nelson to ou and fobb to lsu.

Daddy D 11
02-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech lost a good WR in Boone to LSU.

Phil C
02-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger

I find that usually in these type of things that you are better off. I don't wish any ill will to these players but in the RP case with Texas it was Texas that dodged a bullet. Maybe in the long run the Aggies did too. We will see.

I heard that Nelson had decided for a week he was going to OU and if this is true then he should have notified the Aggies so they could have time to look elsewhere. This is one reason Coach Mack Brown doesn't put up with soft verbals and the minute a verbal violates the agreement of no other campus visits they are no longer offered. It may be harsh and have cost us some recruits but in the long run we have been better off.

Now this also wouldn't apply to those that don't verbal at all and wait until the NSD to decide.

Old Dog
02-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Hey Phil, do you recall once upon a time Eric Dickerson gave a solid verbal to A&M, but on signing day he was nowhere to be found................then an SMU coach showed up with a committment contract!!! If memory serves me right a Trans-Am was somewhere in the mix..................

Phil C
02-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Hey Phil, do you recall once upon a time Eric Dickerson gave a solid verbal to A&M, but on signing day he was nowhere to be found................then an SMU coach showed up with a committment contract!!! If memory serves me right a Trans-Am was somewhere in the mix..................

I remember. It was a common practice by some coaches. The only thing is that when you lose a recruit at the last minute as Coach Mack Brown says you lose two players. One that you thought you had and one you could have pursued had you known the committed one wasn't coming. I have nothing against those that wait till signing day to announce. But I feel that once you verbal you should know if you really want to go there at least two weeks before the national signing day so at least the school has time to look for someone else. I think two weeks before NSD is pleanty of time to have decided if youi want to honor your verbal or not. I can understand the Aggies' pain and disappointment because that has happened to Texas.

Bulligator
02-04-2010, 10:58 AM

Do you remember the "SMU Death Penalty"?

Phil C
02-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Do you remember the "SMU Death Penalty"?

I sure do and SMU has still not recovered even though their new coach looks like he is starting to help them recover.

FrmSTx
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM

It was maroon

Daddy D 11
02-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
It was maroon

With Maroon interior. LOL

No way the Aggies gave him that though:rolleyes:

NastySlot
02-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
It was maroon

I thought it was the standard black with the freakin eagle/bird on the hood.

I do remember a picture that ran in the dallas times hearld with dickerson and the trans am.

Bull Butter
02-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I thought it was the standard black with the freakin eagle/bird on the hood.

I do remember a picture that ran in the dallas times hearld with dickerson and the trans am.

The black one was the one that Curtis Dickey drove around College Station back in the day:thinking: