PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl party food ideas???

STANG RED
02-03-2010, 10:38 AM
We're getting together with friends to play cards, pig out on food, and watch a game that most of us wont even care who wins. So since the food will be the highlight, anybody got any great suggestions? I'd like to take something different that will blow their socks off. Any suggestions?

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 10:39 AM
sushi. I made some last year and it was a big hit with most of my friends.;)

kaorder1999
02-03-2010, 10:45 AM
a good finger food that nobody ever makes and is good....

Take little pork smokies and wrap bacon around it....stick a toothpick through it and sprinkle a lot of brown sugar on them and bake them till the brown sugar caramelizes....they are freaking ADDICTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullaholic
02-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39

People from Decatur love to eat "cut bait", Stang...:D

A big variety platter of chicken wings--buffalo, honey, teriyaki, and a couple of other favs with several good sauces is always a welcome hit, Stang.

Lil' Smokies in BBQ Sauce is easy and always well received. Put a box of toothpicks next to the pot and you're set.

Old standbys like platters of small wedge deli sandwiches with nothing but fresh bread, mayo or mustard, and some with cheese are also favs.

Fajitas and stuffed jalapenos are fantastic.

If you want to go whole-hog--bbq shrimp wrapped in bacon and brushed with garlic butter.

Grill a few steaks, cut em' into strips, trim, and put in a large pan, cover with bbq sauce and serve on buns.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 11:01 AM
ok im getting really hungry

bwdlionfan
02-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Last week my friend and I decided to try something new. There are two foods here, you've probably eaten the first one at a restaurant somewhere, but I doubt you've had the second one:

We cut chicken breasts in to strips and seasoned with fajita seasoning. I threw the chicken on the grill, and meanwhile I sliced avocado lengthwise and seasoned it with butter, salt, pepper, and more fajita seasoning. I put the avocados face down on the grill for a good 10-15 minutes. Then I flipped the avocados over and filled them with the chicken. Last I put cheese on top of the chicken and left it on the grill til the cheese had melted.

With this we also took some roma tomatoes and cored them out. Then we stuffed the tomatoes with some sausage that we had already cooked and cheese. To keep the sausage/cheese from coming out of the tomato, we wrapped a slice of ham around the end of each tomato and stabbed it with a skewer to hold it on. Then we placed these on the grill.

LE Dad
02-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Homemade hot wings are always a big hit. They are quick and easy to make. We usually fire up a couple of cookers (one for cajun corn on cob) bout 35 mins you will have 20+ lbs. You can find sauce recipes everywhere. Usually do garlic butter, spicy, and bbq. Yum, yum. All mixing in disposable containers. Recycle grease, and use plastic plates and cups for easy cleanup.:D

Ex-Tiger2005
02-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
We're getting together with friends to play cards, pig out on food, and watch a game that most of us wont even care who wins. So since the food will be the highlight, anybody got any great suggestions? I'd like to take something different that will blow their socks off. Any suggestions?

Wings and beer! Thats all you need!

OLE'BULL
02-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Buffalo Chicken Dip. There are plenty of recipes online.

BreckTxLonghorn
02-03-2010, 11:57 AM
I like to cook in regards to the teams playing, so I'll probably do the big meals New Orleans style and dessert from Indianapolis. But here were my options for each.

New Orleans:
Meal - Boudin Sausage--call your meat market and see if they have any links, wrap in foil and cook over grill or in oven at 275. I think for only 20-30 min, but check online. Bring tortillas in case people want a wrap.
Dessert - Beignets with powdered sugar. Make sure you have a deep fryer

Indianapolis:
Meal - Breaded pork tenderloin sandwhiches
Dessert - Hoosier Sugar Cream Pie

Ex-Tiger2005
02-03-2010, 12:28 PM
A good finger food we always make it the stuffed jalapenos. But with a little twist.

we put mozzerella chz and a piece of shrimp in the pepper then wrap with bacon and cook for about 10 min. or you can fry them.

its awesome.

Daddy D 11
02-03-2010, 12:52 PM
cold beer

Ex-Tiger2005
02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
cold beer

Amen!

A cold Modelo Especial wit a lime! The best out there...IMO!

Green Bling
02-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Pulled pork for the Colts and fried oysters for the Saints! And lots of that sudsy beverage.:D :D

Green Bling
02-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I have a new found respect for you, man! Who knew?:D :D

STANG RED
02-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
A good finger food we always make it the stuffed jalapenos. But with a little twist.

we put mozzerella chz and a piece of shrimp in the pepper then wrap with bacon and cook for about 10 min. or you can fry them.

its awesome.

I love shrimp stuffed jalapenos, but have never made them myself. But I do have one dumb question about making them. Do you use raw shrimp, or is cooked before stuffing them in the pepper?

Also, thanks for all the suggestions to all who posted. It gives me some good ideas.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-03-2010, 02:34 PM
1-40 oz. mug... preferably a frosty one from the Movie Tavern.:D

1 32 oz. Miller High Life.... in the Bubba can, not bottle.

1 Bottle of Clamato - preferably Picante style

1 quartered lime

1 Bottle Tabasco sauce

Squeeze 1/4 Lime into mug add 5 Shacks... not drops of tabasco sauce poor 1 1/2 cups Clamato on top of that, then slowly add the 32 oz. Miller high Life..makes a perfect drink for the Superbowl and has a little kick.

Have 40 or so Hot wings at your side and you are set my mates.

Repeat process as many times as needed until the adequate level of fullness and intoxication have been acheived.

Ex-Tiger2005
02-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I love shrimp stuffed jalapenos, but have never made them myself. But I do have one dumb question about making them. Do you use raw shrimp, or is cooked before stuffing them in the pepper?

Also, thanks for all the suggestions to all who posted. It gives me some good ideas.

either way is good. i always used cooked shrimp tho.

LE Dad
02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
either way is good. i always used cooked shrimp tho. Cooked, just to be on safe side. The last thing you want is 20 sick people hanging around.:thinking: complaining you made them sick.:eek: :eek: