PDA

View Full Version : Celina backs down?

457drag
02-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I heard that Celina won't play Prosper next year???

I heard they were both looking for a game on the same week...and the Bobcats declined an invitation from Prosper to keep the rivalry going.

I am a former Bobcat...so I hope this rumor is not true...if so...that is embarrassing
:confused:

kaorder1999
02-03-2010, 10:18 AM
prosper is saying that celina backed down...celina is saying that prosper backed down...haha....classic

jason
02-03-2010, 10:19 AM
celina should schedule somebody like southlake carroll, denton guyer, or euless trinity....

that would shut them up for a few days....

Bullaholic
02-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Bridgeport will rise to the Prosper occasion on 09/17...:D

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Is it possible that one of their schedules did NOT work out? Maybe they have bigger fish to fry elsewhere.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Bridgeport will rise to the Prosper occasion on 09/17...:D Hey Ken where did you find the Bridgeport schedule?

waterboy
02-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by jason
celina should schedule somebody like southlake carroll, denton guyer, or euless trinity....

that would shut them up for a few days....
...Or they could've continued the Daingerfield series.......;)

kaorder1999
02-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
...Or they could've continued the Daingerfield series.......;)

ouch

jason
02-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
...Or they could've continued the Daingerfield series.......;) lol

Old Tiger
02-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I heard Southlake Carroll was scared to play Celina also.

Eagle 1
02-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Goldthwaite still needs either a week 5 or week 7 game. If you know of anyone call(325)451-4265. Thank You.

Maybe the Eagles could avenge a couple of playoff losses to the bobcats during the 90's.

charlesrixey
02-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Maybe the Eagles could avenge a couple of playoff losses to the bobcats during the 90's.

lol

Goldthwaite is on the 2A-1A border. I don't think they will playing Celina anytime soon. It was good to see them come back after being down a little for a while. They have a good program and they were very good in 93-94 and contenders all throughout the early-mid 1990's

Rabbit'93
02-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Maybe the Kansas City Chiefs can open a spot for Celina. I think they did that for Burnet back in the early 2000's ;)

Emerson1
02-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Didn't Celina back down from Brownwood too?

gatordaze
02-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Didn't Celina back down from Brownwood too?

And Gunter

Looking4number8
02-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Who is Celina playing in non-district?

95mustang
02-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8

Cupcakes. :p

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Cupcakes. :p and Mary Janes school for the not so smart....I used to hear that one in middle school

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2010, 02:03 PM

I think this is the list.

0-Car Ranchview
1-Prestonwood
2-Pilot Point
3-Melissa
4-Paris
5- Fw Castleberry

bowleghorses
02-03-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm gunna send a text message to get the real scoop.:D

marler1972
02-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I think this is the list.

0-Car Ranchview
1-Prestonwood
2-Pilot Point
3-Melissa
4-Paris
5- Fw Castleberry

Take Castleberry out not playing them.

Looking4number8
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by marler1972

Scheduling has been difficult for several teams this year...

OldNavy
02-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
I heard they were playing Dallas Madison.

pirate4state
02-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
I heard they were playing Dallas Madison. Heard they backed out of that game too :eek: seriously...

Matthew328
02-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Celina vs. Madison was scheduled for about 3 hrs and then Celina cancelled

Looking4number8
02-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Celina vs. Madison was scheduled for about 3 hrs and then Celina cancelled

wow, this is getting crazy

bigwood33
02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Madison is a potential round 2 matchup. I am sure that Butch would rather play someone else, if he can find something.

Matthew328
02-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Brownwood's still open...LOL

LE Dad
02-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Brownwood's still open...LOL There ya go!! I would sure like to see that.:clap: :clap:

orange machine
02-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Brownwood's still open...LOL

I would love to see that game, but i dont think its going to happen because of the travel. I also think that Coach Ford is trying to play his cards right and bring his team along slow and have them clicking by the time the playoffs start.

Looking4number8
02-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I would love to see that game, but i dont think its going to happen because of the travel. I also think that Coach Ford is trying to play his cards right and bring his team along slow and have them clicking by the time the playoffs start.

It would be the 6th game of the season... Time to step it up and play somebody. I agree about the travel but man that game would be fun... I hope our hands get forced and the game is played!

CHS_89
02-04-2010, 08:36 AM
This thread is funny. I wish we would have scheduled Daingerfield and Propser. I was looking forward to seeing those games again. It's good to see the Celina/Pilot Point game coming back. Lots of history and tradition between those teams.

LE Dad
02-04-2010, 09:11 AM
It would be the 6th game of the season... Time to step it up and play somebody. I agree about the travel but man that game would be fun... I hope our hands get forced and the game is played! Is there not anyplace halfway?

BossHog09
02-04-2010, 09:14 AM
heres the facts:

http://www.prosperpressnews.com/PP/prosper-texas-news/UIL-Kills-Six-Mile-Rivalry

gatordaze
02-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by BossHog09
heres the facts:

http://www.prosperpressnews.com/PP/prosper-texas-news/UIL-Kills-Six-Mile-Rivalry

Interesting comments from Coach Scott. I guess you gotta make hay while the sun is shining. I am sure that Coach Ford will get an earfull for this.

I realize that this is a fan site but if you really think about it although alot of fun, rivalries are for the fans. Coach Ford's job is to win State Championships. If you can prove that playing Prosper is the best way to win a State Championship then by all means schedule it. Otherwise I can give you a couple of reasons why it is a bad idea.

1) Emotions are high and the risk of injury increases.
2) Win or lose you are spent the following week and are prime for a let down.

I don't care if we have 10 scrimmages before the playoffs as long as we are ready when they roll around. Last year we had one of the toughest schedules in the state and look how that worked out at 7-5 for the season. I applaud Coach Ford for trying something different. Only time will tell and I am sure he will not lose any sleep over what Coach Scott thinks or says. I trust our coaches to have the boys ready when the time comes.

DDBooger
02-04-2010, 09:48 AM
heres the facts:

http://www.prosperpressnews.com/PP/prosper-texas-news/UIL-Kills-Six-Mile-Rivalry :eek: guess that settles it. :D

Looking4number8
02-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze

I realize that this is a fan site but if you really think about it although alot of fun, rivalries are for the fans. Coach Ford's job is to win State Championships.

Proits are also a part of the AD/HC job. They don't mention it much but I promise, the districts look at it every year. Those passed over games could cost Celina a lot of income.

Daddy D 11
02-04-2010, 12:52 PM
they could meet as early as the second round. makes sense to not play during the season

gatordaze
02-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Proits are also a part of the AD/HC job. They don't mention it much but I promise, the districts look at it every year. Those passed over games could cost Celina a lot of income.

State Championships are more profitable than Prosper coming to town every other year.

Looking4number8
02-04-2010, 01:06 PM
State Championships are more profitable than Prosper coming to town every other year.

Only if you go to a state championship every year

gatordaze
02-04-2010, 01:08 PM

I will take 8 of the past 12 State Championships as our coaches know what is important

Daddy D 11
02-04-2010, 01:09 PM

Which Celina tends to do lol

Looking4number8
02-04-2010, 01:10 PM
I will take 8 of the past 12 State Championships as our coaches know what is important

excellent point

DDBooger
02-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I will take 8 of the past 12 State Championships as our coaches know what is important What about Rocket's Theory? :confused:

NTFan
02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
celina and prosper won't meet up in playoffs unless Lovejoy misses the playoffs. celina will be big school, since they have top enrollment in that dist. prosper is 2nd in enrollment behind lovejoy. here is a guess...and only a guess....celina vs. prosper will not happen again until both are in the same dist. meaning when they both are 4A schools

NateDawg39
02-04-2010, 01:27 PM
heres the facts:

http://www.prosperpressnews.com/PP/prosper-texas-news/UIL-Kills-Six-Mile-Rivalry I wouldn't consider those facts....just his side of the story

Looking4number8
02-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I wouldn't consider those facts....just his side of the story

Just a couple of things from the article that tells me the author is NOT a Celina fan

"And it seems Celina athletic department has tucked its stubby little Bobcat tail between its legs and running for the safer confines of schools like Melissa instead of the Eagles. Eagle Head Coach Kent Scott said he tried to reach Celina athletic deparment on Monday morning. "

" He said "the tables sort of turned a little bit and they don't want to play." After many years of using Prosper as a whipping boy in football, the Eagles have a two-game winning streak in place over the last couple of seasons, which seems to be enough to keep Celina from heading south on Preston Road"

And this one was kind of funny....

"One team not on the list this season is the Celina Bobcats. Even though Celina is located just six miles up the road from Prosper and has been in the district since Noah gathered the animals"

ccmom
02-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Just a couple of things from the article that tells me the author is NOT a Celina fan

"And it seems Celina athletic department has tucked its stubby little Bobcat tail between its legs and running for the safer confines of schools like Melissa instead of the Eagles. Eagle Head Coach Kent Scott said he tried to reach Celina athletic deparment on Monday morning. "

" He said "the tables sort of turned a little bit and they don't want to play." After many years of using Prosper as a whipping boy in football, the Eagles have a two-game winning streak in place over the last couple of seasons, which seems to be enough to keep Celina from heading south on Preston Road"

And this one was kind of funny....

"One team not on the list this season is the Celina Bobcats. Even though Celina is located just six miles up the road from Prosper and has been in the district since Noah gathered the animals"

My thoughts exactly, L48. I chuckled all the way through that article....not exactly unbiased, but entertaining for sure! :)

Tired ole Bobcat
02-04-2010, 03:25 PM
What makes everyone think Celina is the big school in district 10 3A? I did not think the enrollment figures were out yet. I am not convinced yet that Celina turned in more that Bonham. The numbers for Anna and V. A. could be high as they are on the 75 corridor.

bobcat4life
02-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Tired ole Bobcat
What makes everyone think Celina is the big school in district 10 3A? I did not think the enrollment figures were out yet. I am not convinced yet that Celina turned in more that Bonham. The numbers for Anna and V. A. could be high as they are on the 75 corridor. V.A. has been on the 3A/2A line for a while, so they wont be bigger. Anna is the wildcard who could determine D1/D2 for us if the make the playoffs. My gradma works there, and she said it has grown alot there....

marler1972
02-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Tired ole Bobcat
What makes everyone think Celina is the big school in district 10 3A? I did not think the enrollment figures were out yet. I am not convinced yet that Celina turned in more that Bonham. The numbers for Anna and V. A. could be high as they are on the 75 corridor.

Coach Ford said in a interview that everything he has heard is we are the Biggest school in the District.

bobcat4life
02-04-2010, 07:29 PM
heres the facts:

http://www.prosperpressnews.com/PP/prosper-texas-news/UIL-Kills-Six-Mile-Rivalry talked to a coach today-it was just a scheduling issue. they had an open date, we had an open date, but they didnt match up and just couldnt get things worked out......

btw thats a very one sided article....

Pick6
02-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
talked to a coach today-it was just a scheduling issue. they had an open date, we had an open date, but they didnt match up and just couldnt get things worked out......

btw thats a very one sided article....

and your story is one sided also. celina in the past has backed down from teams when they were having good years. this does not surprise me at all that they aren't playing Prosper.

NateDawg39
02-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
and your story is one sided also. celina in the past has backed down from teams when they were having good years. this does not surprise me at all that they aren't playing Prosper. ehhhhh, noooo they haven't. ;)

And Im not a Celina fan either

CHS_89
02-04-2010, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't consider those facts....just his side of the story

I agree. This article was obviously written by a Prosper homer. Very funny stuff!!

CHS_89
02-04-2010, 09:24 PM
and your story is one sided also. celina in the past has backed down from teams when they were having good years. this does not surprise me at all that they aren't playing Prosper.

Perhaps we should call Pottsboro? LOL!!!

Pick6
02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Perhaps we should call Pottsboro? LOL!!!

If you want I'll ask cousin Matt if he has any open weeks :D

NateDawg39
02-04-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. Celina has played for what 2 or 3 State Championship games the past 4 years? I think they are allowed to play whoever they want. More than likely it is just jealousy that fuels the argument of Celina, "tucking their tail".

CHS_89
02-04-2010, 09:48 PM
If you want I'll ask cousin Matt if he has any open weeks :D

LOL!!! Just foolin' P6. How ya been?

CHS_89
02-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. Celina has played for what 2 or 3 State Championship games the past 4 years? I think they are allowed to play whoever they want. More than likely it is just jealousy that fuels the argument of Celina, "tucking their tail".

I don't think it's jealousy, just everyone wants a shot at the Bobcats after last year. I think Prosper has a good team/staff and is rolling and beaten Celina two years in a row, now that the schedule has changed, people are ponting fingers, he said, she said..etc.etc. I personally would like to see the Prosper/Celina game happen the next two years because of the excitement it brings to both towns and especially, this forum.

NateDawg39
02-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
I don't think it's jealousy, just everyone wants a shot at the Bobcats after last year. I think Prosper has a good team/staff and is rolling and beaten Celina two years in a row, now that the schedule has changed, people are ponting fingers, he said, she said..etc.etc. I personally would like to see the Prosper/Celina game happen the next two years because of the excitement it brings to both towns and especially, this forum. Yeah, I mean jealousy as in the fact they have had some success against Celina lately and would like to continue on that success. I remember my dad telling me about the 2 years Decatur and Bridgeport did not play and a big group of people from both sides met somewhere along the Big Sandy and had a big brawl to see who was that years winner. ;)

ctown
02-04-2010, 10:52 PM

I wish Celina and Prosper would play each other too. Too bad Prosper's coach wouldn't cancel one of their games to meet up with us. If Celina had two openings, one was from finding out on Monday we only had 4 district games. Hard to fill a week 6 slot with a bunch of teams already in district play.

It's always so funny when a "wanna be" starts trying to criticize Celina---especially talking about past schedules?? Come on homers, are you really trying to say that about a team with our record over the last 12 years? That's a good laugh.

It's lucky Prosper's school colors are green. At least they can get part of the Southlake wanna be costume right. That and the Richie Rich attitude in their big houses and high dollar cars.

By the way, Celina used to play Southlake, and Prosper, you're no Southlake. But in a few years you might be in their district.

frogbacker09
02-05-2010, 12:42 AM
haha it amazes me at how the whole "last 12 years" arguement comes up. if that was all that mattered then why even play the games? they should just make the number 1 team the state champ in the preseason

BossHog09
02-05-2010, 12:48 AM
why do celina people have to make exscuses about backing out of the game. No theyre schedule wasnt already full, and their open dates did in fact match up. We all know the facts but yet Celina homers still feel like thay have to lie to protect there rapidy deflating reputation.

orange machine
02-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Here is what i dont understand is Celina is a proven champion and has played much better teams than Prosper and have won way more games and way more titles than Prosper, but people from Prosper want to act like Celina is scared to play them, it is insane to think that. This i do know because i have family that lives in Prosper and they will tell you the same thing Prosper people think they are better than everybody else including the head coach and ad. Prosper has been awful at everything they ever did up until about 3 or so years ago when. The only reason Prosper is getting better at their sports is because of the growth they are getting. Without that they are the same all crap teams that S&S and other bad teams used to beat all the time. Celina on the other hand have won with home grown kids that have lived their al their lifes. So i dont see why Prosper thinks they have done something so great.

orange machine
02-05-2010, 12:55 AM
why do celina people have to make exscuses about backing out of the game. No theyre schedule wasnt already full, and their open dates did in fact match up. We all know the facts but yet Celina homers still feel like thay have to lie to protect there rapidy deflating reputation.

Let me ask you again why dont you tell your coaches to get a game with Celina? You seemed to be so hell bent on dragging Celina down, but your team doesnt and want step up to the plat to get a game.

frogbacker09
02-05-2010, 01:38 AM
ok first off not everyone in prosper thinks they are better than everyone else. and secondly i played for prosper in the bad years and good and celina kids were always running their mouths to us. mostly the kids who didnt touch the field. so as far as that goes it is a two way street. i respected the guys who played and kept their mouths shut but that was only about half of the kids. i would never want to talk down celina but when people who dont know what they are talking about come and say that all people in prosper are cocky arrogant etc it kinda makes you mad. i just said what i was told and wish that this game would keep being played. and yes i will always go for prosper because it is my home town.

BHBrave08
02-05-2010, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I heard Southlake Carroll was scared to play Celina also.

hahahaha... I would be scared to play Celina... lol there is a lot of tradition and athleticism there for a 3A. It would make you look very bad to lose (esp. at SLC) to lose to a 3A like Celina no matter how good they are...

orange machine
02-05-2010, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by frogbacker09
ok first off not everyone in prosper thinks they are better than everyone else. and secondly i played for prosper in the bad years and good and celina kids were always running their mouths to us. mostly the kids who didnt touch the field. so as far as that goes it is a two way street. i respected the guys who played and kept their mouths shut but that was only about half of the kids. i would never want to talk down celina but when people who dont know what they are talking about come and say that all people in prosper are cocky arrogant etc it kinda makes you mad. i just said what i was told and wish that this game would keep being played. and yes i will always go for prosper because it is my home town.

you have to remember kids will be kids and say things true or not, but its when adults start being stupid thats the issue. Im sure people in both towns would love to for this game to be played, but for what ever reason its not. Im sure whoever it might be Coach Ford or Coach Scott has a great reason why they dont wont to play, but come on for one team to be scared to play the other is crazy i can promise that Celina is not scared of Prosper and Prosper is not scared of Celina. I know Coach Ford is trying to mold his team to be a state title contender not to win a single game against Prosper in none district that means nothing.

BILLYFRED0000
02-05-2010, 08:40 AM
haha it amazes me at how the whole "last 12 years" arguement comes up. if that was all that mattered then why even play the games? they should just make the number 1 team the state champ in the preseason

There is a reason why it comes up. Much like champion dogs or bulls. There is a reason why their bloodlines matter going back however far. The reason why the last 12 years come up is because of proof over time and the continuity of the staff and program. it matters because nobody has been as consistent over time. IN fact Celina has not had a losing season since 1983.
It matters because it is a fact. Now if we were to go on a long down stretch ( which has not happend since the 50's ) you could make a case for us being like everybody else. But that is simply not the case. Excellence over time is simply that, Excellence. It only seems not to matter to those who cannot or do not want accept it. But it does not change the fact.

coachkiss
02-05-2010, 10:16 AM
There were three games already set in stone before realignment was announced. They were zero week at Ranchview, Week 2 at Pilot Point and Week Four at Paris. The open weeks were Week 1, Week 3, and Week 5 (which we thought would be our bye week). Week 3 had been penciled in with Melissa before realignment. The only thing that was hinging on was if they were put in an 8 team district. They weren't. One of the first calls after realignment was announced was their coach confirming the date.

That left Week 1 and Week 5. Week 5 is a traditional bye date. That left Week 1 open. I don't know if Prosper called about that date, but I know the coaches worked for 2-3 hours filling that spot. It was rumored for a while that Graham would fill that spot, and the coaches were waiting for a call-back. Argyle and Sanger were also possibilities, but were crossed out right after realignment due to potential playoff matchups.

If Madison was scheduled for about three hours, that is absolute news to me, unless it was Week 5. Castleberry started trying to back out after they set the game. The next day Coach Ford told me that Lake Worth was taking their place in Week 5. I was in the coaches' office on Monday more than I was out of it, and I was constantly asking for updates.

We had the tentative schedule up on our live show that we did from the fieldhouse. You can go to our website and watch the archive. Prosper was never mentioned to me or anyone that day by any of the coaches. I never heard this call that they made.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by coachkiss
[B]There were three games already set in stone before realignment was announced. They were zero week at Ranchview, Week 2 at Pilot Point and Week Four at Paris.

LOL..so does this "set in stone" thing mean PP and Celina would have played twice if they ended up in the same District after the fact..:)

coachkiss
02-05-2010, 10:34 AM
I stand corrected. If PP and Celina ended up in the same district, then they would have played the one district game. We asked for two games in that scenario, but Pilot Point figured that one 55-0 loss was enough.

:)

BILLYFRED0000
02-05-2010, 10:41 AM
There were three games already set in stone before realignment was announced. They were zero week at Ranchview, Week 2 at Pilot Point and Week Four at Paris. The open weeks were Week 1, Week 3, and Week 5 (which we thought would be our bye week). Week 3 had been penciled in with Melissa before realignment. The only thing that was hinging on was if they were put in an 8 team district. They weren't. One of the first calls after realignment was announced was their coach confirming the date.

That left Week 1 and Week 5. Week 5 is a traditional bye date. That left Week 1 open. I don't know if Prosper called about that date, but I know the coaches worked for 2-3 hours filling that spot. It was rumored for a while that Graham would fill that spot, and the coaches were waiting for a call-back. Argyle and Sanger were also possibilities, but were crossed out right after realignment due to potential playoff matchups.

If Madison was scheduled for about three hours, that is absolute news to me, unless it was Week 5. Castleberry started trying to back out after they set the game. The next day Coach Ford told me that Lake Worth was taking their place in Week 5. I was in the coaches' office on Monday more than I was out of it, and I was constantly asking for updates.

We had the tentative schedule up on our live show that we did from the fieldhouse. You can go to our website and watch the archive. Prosper was never mentioned to me or anyone that day by any of the coaches. I never heard this call that they made.

so this would be the schedule....

0-Car Ranchview
1-Prestonwood
2-Pilot Point
3-Melissa
4-Paris
5-lake worth.
6- Open
7-D1
8-D2
9-D3
10-D4

coachc45
02-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
so this would be the schedule....

0-Car Ranchview
1-Prestonwood
2-Pilot Point
3-Melissa
4-Paris
5-lake worth.
6- Open
7-D1
8-D2
9-D3
10-D4

Has Celina already drawn numbers for teams and the bye?

In a 5 team district, like we got stuck in too, one team each week has a bye. So the Bye could come anywhere between week 6 and 10. Here in Brownsboro we drew the short straw. Our Bye is week 10. :foul:

gatordaze
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by coachc45
Has Celina already drawn numbers for teams and the bye?

In a 5 team district, like we got stuck in too, one team each week has a bye. So the Bye could come anywhere between week 6 and 10. Here in Brownsboro we drew the short straw. Our Bye is week 10. :foul:

My buddy from VA says we drew them week 6 in Celina. Other than that I have not heard anything

BILLYFRED0000
02-05-2010, 03:02 PM
My buddy from VA says we drew them week 6 in Celina. Other than that I have not heard anything

ditto don't know. Just that the bye will fall 7-10.

ctown
02-05-2010, 04:42 PM

HaHa it amazes me that people actually get on here to talk about how Celina backs away from tough opponents by observing our past??? wake up a little there and notice that most of those cakewalk years involved playing in a State Championship.

8,8,8, the number you love to hate. If you thought you were playin Celina, pick another date. Bye bye Eaglets. Maybe the King of the castle on 289 can recruit you guys enough talent to compete in 4A after the next alignment.

coachkiss
02-05-2010, 05:49 PM
The OC at Prosper called and talked to the OC from Celina about 10-15 minutes after realignment was released. They asked about zero week. We have had a game with Ranchview on the schedule as part of a kickoff classic at Standridge for several months. There is a game on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of that week at Standridge involving Carrollton teams and other teams prominent in the area.

When our coaches told Prosper that we had zero week filled, that was the end of the call. They said, "maybe next time" and we did, too. That was the end of the call.

Everything reported in the paper was either a lie or half-truths. Pure and simple. I know it is not right to call someone a liar, but I will stake my reputation on this.

Twirling Time
02-05-2010, 08:39 PM
The OC at Prosper called and talked to the OC from Celina about 10-15 minutes after realignment was released. They asked about zero week. We have had a game with Ranchview on the schedule as part of a kickoff classic at Standridge for several months. There is a game on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of that week at Standridge involving Carrollton teams and other teams prominent in the area.

When our coaches told Prosper that we had zero week filled, that was the end of the call. They said, "maybe next time" and we did, too. That was the end of the call.

Everything reported in the paper was either a lie or half-truths. Pure and simple. I know it is not right to call someone a liar, but I will stake my reputation on this.

I agree; for a paper to publish that as a story is embarrassing and shameful. If that's the writer's opinion, that's one thing: that's why they have columns. He can show his rear end in his column.

But to present it as fact using a sentence like "tucked its stubby little Bobcat tail between its legs and running for the safer confines of schools like Melissa instead of the Eagles" in a news story is highly unprofessional.

CHS_89
02-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Let me ask you again why dont you tell your coaches to get a game with Celina? You seemed to be so hell bent on dragging Celina down, but your team doesnt and want step up to the plat to get a game.

I agree. Put up or shut up Boss!

orange machine
02-05-2010, 11:32 PM
he is just like a lot of other people who are jealous of the succsess cekina has had and wants to keep them why they are down like a coward.

bobcat4life
02-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
I agree; for a paper to publish that as a story is embarrassing and shameful. If that's the writer's opinion, that's one thing: that's why they have columns. He can show his rear end in his column.

But to present it as fact using a sentence like "tucked its stubby little Bobcat tail between its legs and running for the safer confines of schools like Melissa instead of the Eagles" in a news story is highly unprofessional. very true.....I know Im just a kid, but it should be common knowledge thatt this was unprofessional....

As for the true story, I just believe it was a scheduling issue because I heard it from a coach when I asked, and coachkiss's post is what happened. If anyone would know the complete story, it's him. I believe whas he says

bowleghorses
02-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
hahahaha... I would be scared to play Celina... lol there is a lot of tradition and athleticism there for a 3A. It would make you look very bad to lose (esp. at SLC) to lose to a 3A like Celina no matter how good they are...

I guarantee that Prosper is not scared to play Celina, and the reason Prosper has had success lately is because they have built a great program. Believe it or not BHBrave08 it is because they have some good coaches(even a Barbers Hill Alumnist there) that the kids will give there all for and a community that will support them.:clap: :clap: :clap:

ctown
02-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
I guarantee that Prosper is not scared to play Celina, and the reason Prosper has had success lately is because they have built a great program. Believe it or not BHBrave08 it is because they have some good coaches(even a Barbers Hill Alumnist there) that the kids will give there all for and a community that will support them.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Prosper does have recent success. This year will be the real indicator of whether your program is just one of those cycling through, or a new perennial power. I think you're just a flash in the pan. It's a little premature to say you've built a program any better than some other 1 hit wonders. A huge decline just one year after winning state? 1 and Done?? Everyone knows yall had high hopes for the last two senior classes since peewee. If you bow out early again this year, guess that means you just had a good group of kids and really don't have a "great program" after all.

Celina needs to prove that this is just a momentary dip in a long, long run. Prosper is on the verge of being forgotten in the fog of football history if they wash out again.

Your fans have been the classiest for sure. :hand:

Maybe your newspaper writer was the one who organized the storming of the field after yall beat us in Prosper 2 years ago. That was the most classless display of fandom and coach attitude. The Celina players couldn't even shake hands with Prosper after the game --and what a bunch of the Prosper fans were saying to the Celina kids was over the top disgraceful. We don't put up signs on the highway for winning one game. We put signs up on the road for winning championships.

You're right. Prosper shouldn't be afraid to play ANYONE in 3A since they are right near the top in high school size. have fun in 4A.:wave: Try to grab what you can on the way out in the next two years.

Looking4number8
02-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Dang you Celina guys sure have got you panties in a wad this week!

ctown
02-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Dang you Celina guys sure have got you panties in a wad this week!

Yeh baby--all wadded up. You can do that for short periods of time-- but too long and you get blisters.

bobcat4life
02-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Dang you Celina guys sure have got you panties in a wad this week! we just dont wanna here the "Celina is scared" nonsense. we arent scared of Prosper or the classless fans. It has brought out the worst in some of us because we get really mad when we hear it.
and ctown-I agree that the storming the field and the highway signs were very classless

Looking4number8
02-06-2010, 07:43 PM
we just dont wanna here the "Celina is scared" nonsense. we arent scared of Prosper or the classless fans. It has brought out the worst in some of us because we get really mad when we hear it.
and ctown-I agree that the storming the field and the highway signs were very classless

Stephenville does that to us. Dont go to Stephenville with Brownwood stickers on your car...Once I had my 12 year old daughter (she is 18 now) there for a district softball tournament and one guy nearly ran us over yelling how bad we sucked as we were tuning into a restaurant...

in 08, we had a good lead but our lack of defense let Stephenville make a big comeback in the last seconds and they stormed our field then hung out on it for about an hour.. We did not like it ( of course) but if we would have held onto our lead, well then it just would no have happened

Pick6
02-06-2010, 07:48 PM
we arent scared of Prosper or the classless fans.

From being in both towns, Celina wins in having the most classless fans, followed closely by the Barney's in Tom Bean.

orange machine
02-06-2010, 08:21 PM
From being in both towns, Celina wins in having the most classless fans, followed closely by the Barney's in Tom Bean. dude you are seriously immature.

Pick6
02-06-2010, 08:39 PM
dude you are seriously immature.

Are you:
A - a classless celina fan
B - a classless Barney from Tom Bean
C - both

Which is it?

orange machine
02-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Are you:
A - a classless celina fan
B - a classless Barney from Tom Bean
C - both

Which is it? a- I am a celina fan, but classless I don't think so. b- I am not from tom bean just work their. c- you act like a kid in the 6th grade who tries to bully people and put them down because they are insecure. You really should grow up. Gosh I feel like I'm talkin to an idiot I've arrested.

Pick6
02-06-2010, 09:07 PM
a- I am a celina fan, but classless I don't think so. b- I am not from tom bean just work their. c- you act like a kid in the 6th grade who tries to bully people and put them down because they are insecure. You really should grow up. Gosh I feel like I'm talkin to an idiot I've arrested.

It looks like both from your answer. Thank goodness Jeff still is a Celina fan, he brings up the class level quite a bit. I bet the guys you've arrested thought an idiot was talking to them also.

bobcat4life
02-06-2010, 09:21 PM
you are calling Celina fans more classless than Prosper's:confused:
Have we ever:

A. Stormed the field after beating a team

B. Spray painted the highway signs that say "Prosper 1 mile Celina 7" to 33 to 7 (score of 08 game)

C. Cussed out a 6th grad kid at a girls basketball game about how much better we are

D. Said a team we havent beat in 25 years and are defending state champs are overrated and wont beat us ever again.

E. Called a team we have only beat twice since '83 a bunch of p****** because we could not get the schedules worked out

F. Put an article about our opponents in the paper saying they are scared to play us and called a budding rivalry a 30 year old rivalry

no we havent....who is very classy now?

BleedOrange
02-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Have we ever:

B. Spray painted the highway signs that say "Prosper 1 mile Celina 7" to 33 to 7 (score of 08 game)

C. Cussed out a 6th grad kid at a girls basketball game about how much better we are

D. Said a team we havent beat in 25 years and are defending state champs are overrated and wont beat us ever again.

E. Called a team we have only beat twice since '83 a bunch of p****** because we could not get the schedules worked out

F. Put an article about our opponents in the paper saying they are scared to play us and called a budding rivalry a 30 year old rivalry

Why even bother to engage him. Its not worth your time. Take comfort in the knowledge that anyone who has engaged both teams or witnessed any of the Celina Prosper games knows the truth.

Pick6
02-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Have we ever:

I've been around Celina enough to know. The kids are great, 99% of them anyway. It's the parents and band wagon fans, you know who you are Barney, who gives Celina the bad rap when it comes to having a lack of class. In years past I've seen when Celina has lost they complain about the size of the opposing teams town is, it was even in print on a Celina website. The fans couldn't lose with respect, just whined and cried about the size of the town.

CHS89, move back, they need you...lol

CHS_89
02-06-2010, 09:47 PM
I've been around Celina enough to know. The kids are great, 99% of them anyway. It's the parents and band wagon fans, you know who you are Barney, who gives Celina the bad rap when it comes to having a lack of class. In years past I've seen when Celina has lost they complain about the size of the opposing teams town is, it was even in print on a Celina website. The fans couldn't lose with respect, just whined and cried about the size of the town.

CHS89, move back, they need you...lol

Laughing my arse off!!! You may be right...I move away last year...stars must be misaligned because I left...:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2010, 09:47 PM

A. LOTS of teams would do that if they haven't won in 25 years! How is that "classless"?

B. I think that's kinda funny. :D

bobcat4life
02-06-2010, 09:48 PM

CHS89, move back, they need you...lol yes there will be a few like that in every town-not much you can do about that. But as a whole, the Prosper fans are very classless. I know Im not always the classiest guy around, but I know what being classy is. Prosper wasnt unclassy until about 2 or 3 years ago. And it gets worse each year as these new people move in. They have that preppy Frisco attitude and think they are better than everybody else.

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2010, 09:50 PM
think they are better than everybody else.
:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

BleedOrange
02-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
A. LOTS of teams would do that if they haven't won in 25 years! How is that "classless"?

B. I think that's kinda funny. :D

I think storming the field was totally fine. The activities that ensued were probably what he was referring to. I guess when you get drubbed forever and you finally win the passion will have a tendency to get the best of you.

Pick6
02-06-2010, 09:52 PM

Hey LHPM, do you think it will be classless when Ingram finally wins and they storm the field? I guess some people would...lol...I might storm the field with them when that day comes...lol

bobcat4life
02-06-2010, 09:52 PM

B. I think that's kinda funny. :D you need to be around them to know what I mean.

btw-as they stormed the field, they actually poured drinks all over our players as they walked off the field and cussed them out and chanted overrated. one of our coaches was actually knocked down by the fans

still think thats not "classless"

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Hey LHPM, do you think it will be classless when Ingram finally wins and they storm the field? I guess some people would...lol...I might storm the field with them when that day comes...lol
Heck, I probably would storm the field! :D

btw-as they stormed the field, they actually poured drinks all over our players as they walked off the field and cussed them out and chanted overrated. one of our coaches was actually knocked down by the fans
Then why didn't you say that? Storming the field isn't - THAT is.

turbostud
02-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Prosper has 4a coming at them next realignment. They should be worrying about having to play Sherman/Denison/Highland Park etc. instead of who Celina is playing. They better hope their coach doesnt leave once the going gets tough again.

bowleghorses
02-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by ctown
Prosper does have recent success. This year will be the real indicator of whether your program is just one of those cycling through, or a new perennial power. I think you're just a flash in the pan. It's a little premature to say you've built a program any better than some other 1 hit wonders. A huge decline just one year after winning state? 1 and Done?? Everyone knows yall had high hopes for the last two senior classes since peewee. If you bow out early again this year, guess that means you just had a good group of kids and really don't have a "great program" after all.

Celina needs to prove that this is just a momentary dip in a long, long run. Prosper is on the verge of being forgotten in the fog of football history if they wash out again.

Your fans have been the classiest for sure. :hand:

Maybe your newspaper writer was the one who organized the storming of the field after yall beat us in Prosper 2 years ago. That was the most classless display of fandom and coach attitude. The Celina players couldn't even shake hands with Prosper after the game --and what a bunch of the Prosper fans were saying to the Celina kids was over the top disgraceful. We don't put up signs on the highway for winning one game. We put signs up on the road for winning championships.

You're right. Prosper shouldn't be afraid to play ANYONE in 3A since they are right near the top in high school size. have fun in 4A.:wave: Try to grab what you can on the way out in the next two years.

Hey ctown...one and done? learn to count, 3 playoff games and done. And as far as the Eagles being on the verge of being forgotten...that is most likely what Celina want to do with them. I for one have only seen the teams play on film but do follow Prosper very close from South Louisiana and have never heard my brother(a Prosper coach) say one discouraging word about Celina. I my self have visited Celina Bobcast several times and respect Celina for what they have accomplished, but trying to tear someone else down will not build you up. Have a great day!:)

bobcat4life
02-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Hey ctown...one and done? learn to count, 3 playoff games and done. And as far as the Eagles being on the verge of being forgotten...that is most likely what Celina want to do with them. I for one have only seen the teams play on film but do follow Prosper very close from South Louisiana and have never heard my brother(a Prosper coach) say one discouraging word about Celina. I my self have visited Celina Bobcast several times and respect Celina for what they have accomplished, but trying to tear someone else down will not build you up. Have a great day!:) he meant one state championship and done. not one game and done in the playoffs.
and your brother sounds like a good guy and one of the few in prosper like that

orange machine
02-06-2010, 11:37 PM

CHS89, move back, they need you...lol Another fine example of your immaturity it is pretty obvious you have some issues church or getting some meds might help your problem.

bowleghorses
02-07-2010, 02:19 AM
he meant one state championship and done. not one game and done in the playoffs.
and your brother sounds like a good guy and one of the few in prosper like that

I'm sure there are people like you speak of in both towns. I have personally been to 3 games(all wins) and have never seen such behavior. I even read where Abilene Wylie and Bridgeport fans have thanked the Prosper players and fans for their sportsmanship...Might be something that good ol'Celina brings out of them.:D

bowleghorses
02-07-2010, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Prosper has 4a coming at them next realignment. They should be worrying about having to play Sherman/Denison/Highland Park etc. instead of who Celina is playing. They better hope their coach doesnt leave once the going gets tough again.

The kids have gotten a taste of how a state championship feels and will strive for it year end and out. When the coach was brought in his record was under .500 and now he is over .500 . Sound like the chemistry is pretty good in Prosper.:thumbsup:

bowleghorses
02-07-2010, 02:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bobcat4life
he meant one state championship and done. not one game and done in the playoffs.
and your brother sounds like a good guy and one of the few in prosper like that [/QUOTE

And Celina may never win their district again either...you never know. All you can do is lay it all on the line and let the chips fall where they may. As for my brother, it is easy the tell the kids give him their all and respect him and Prosper is lucky to have a very dedicated coach.

Pick6
02-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Another fine example of your immaturity it is pretty obvious you have some issues church or getting some meds might help your problem.

Oh you're too funny Barney Tomcat. I'll be sure and pray for you at church this morning. Enjoy your donuts.

ctown
02-07-2010, 02:41 PM
The kids have gotten a taste of how a state championship feels and will strive for it year end and out. When the coach was brought in his record was under .500 and now he is over .500 . Sound like the chemistry is pretty good in Prosper.:thumbsup:

Seeing how you're relatively new to the Prosper program, let's get a couple items out for consumption.

First, the kids that beat Celina the last couple years were part of a group that has given Celina boys competition since pee wee football in Frisco. They have been highly anticipated for several years. The fact that last year's eagles pooped out early against new competition in Lovejoy is not a good sign for the coaching or the future. Prosper has some talent for sure but the jury is out on whether that was just a good group of kids or a result of a new ongoing program. This year will prove a lot for a still small 3A Celina looking to RETURN to huge success and a big, growing Prosper soon to be 4A trying to prove they're not a flash in the pan because of gene pool size. Yeah I mentioned size. Celina has won State near the bottom of the 3A bracket. Move up to 4A and play for a championship the first couple years--better yet try and win one at the top of 3A in the next couple years....

Rocket
02-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
What about Rocket's Theory? :confused:

My theory is dead on. And Celina backed down from Brownwood. They didn't want none and I don't blame them.

ctown
02-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
My theory is dead on. And Celina backed down from Brownwood. They didn't want none and I don't blame them.

Brownwood's schedule was already full. Don't you guys know they only play themselves. If they loose, it's cause Brownwood beat Brownwood. Any other teams mentioned on their schedule are just coincidental to them playing with themselves.

Trashman
02-07-2010, 05:34 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :devil:

Pick6
02-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Celina has won State near the bottom of the 3A bracket.

How many of their 2A titles were they at the top of the bracket? Their last 2A title was like PP's this year, with 3A numbers.

LE Dad
02-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Brownwood..... just coincidental to them playing with themselves. :eek: :eek: :eek:

LE Dad
02-07-2010, 06:14 PM
My theory is dead... If only it were true.:doh:

Keith7
02-07-2010, 06:18 PM
I don't understand what you guys are arguing about. celina is a bunch of babies who have to have their way or they will cry, cheat or find a way out. that's a known fact that has been proven time and time again, year after year. Now use in trying to convince the locals from that trash town otherwise, they will only make excuses to the contrary, anything to keep their varsity blues persona alive