PDA

View Full Version : ...and so it begins

LE Dad
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
The Fire Marshall is on hand to stop ticket sales as PGs gym is reaching capicty. The girls are halfway thru the first qtr, with LE up by 20.....and the smack is already started for the boys game.:D

LE vs PG part deaux.:clap: :clap:

LE Dad
02-02-2010, 08:24 PM
The end was not quick nor painless but LE Lady Leopards 74- 36 over PG. Now the boys are taking the floor.

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2010, 08:58 PM
That score resembles the two games the Wylie girls have beaten the
Sweetwater girls by this season. :(

LE Dad
02-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
That score resembles the two games the Wylie girls have beaten the
Sweetwater girls by this season. :( PG put up a much better contest than New Boston 89-18. The girls are awesome. The closest district game had a 24 point spread.

LE Dad
02-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Wow typical PG/LE boys matchup lots of cheering, booing and up and down action. Lots of lead changes. PG leads at the half 35-28.

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2010, 09:35 PM
for all the greatness of football rival games, basketball rival games because of the closeness of everyone can be INTENSE

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Well the Wylie girls are ranked #8 in the state. So, I kinda expected it. Is LE
THAT good or are they just in a weak district?

LE Dad
02-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Well the Wylie girls are ranked #8 in the state. So, I kinda expected it. Is LE
THAT good or are they just in a weak district? They returned every starter from last year Regional Semifinalist, but 2 were moved to the JV because 2 freshman played their way onto that team. The only loss to anything other than a 4 or 5A is to 2A powerhouse Winnsboro, the 2nd game of the season. Mt. Vernon and PG are usually a good challange, but not this year.

LE Dad
02-02-2010, 09:58 PM
LE boys drop a tight one 67-66 and drop to 4-2 in district. :(

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Gotchya and the fact that two freshman stepped up and replaced two starters is
awesome. Wish we had that kind of depth.

LE Dad
02-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Gotchya and the fact that two freshman stepped up and replaced two starters is
awesome. Wish we had that kind of depth. LE used to SUCK and I mean SUCK in girls basketball then they hired Coach Cocharan and he has built an absolute power. They have only missed Region tourney 1 time in 10 years. Played in 2 State Tourneys, including 1 Final. They have never won the big one though... Maybe this is year is the year.

Txbroadcaster
02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
LE used to SUCK and I mean SUCK in girls basketball then they hired Coach Cocharan and he has built an absolute power. They have only missed Region tourney 1 time in 10 years. Played in 2 State Tourneys, including 1 Final. They have never won the big one though... Maybe this is year is the year.

Winnsboro and Canton always seemed to be in their way at one point

LE Dad
02-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Winnsboro and Canton always seemed to be in their way at one point Yes they did and Kennedale always seemed to be in the mix too. Winnsboro has an awesome program and I hate to say it but it was nice to see them drop down to 2A. Cochran says this is his best team ever and I really can't disagree with him.