PDA

View Full Version : Soooo, lets hear it....

LE Dad
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Celina vs Brownwood?? Who backed out and why??

The 3ADL wants to know.

What say you all?

jason
02-02-2010, 04:18 PM
it is a 200 mile, approx 4 hour drive....

not economically feasible for a non-district game....

95mustang
02-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad

The 3ADL wants to know.

What say you all?

From what I understand they were both holding out for LE. They were both wanting an easy game to rest the starters before their district games started. :D

waterboy
02-02-2010, 04:24 PM
The were BOTH ranked #1 and #2, and decided they didn't want to risk dropping from those two spots in the poll.:D

Looking4number8
02-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
From what I understand they were both holding out for LE. They were both wanting an easy game to rest the starters before their district games started. :D

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/2361.gif

TheDOCTORdre
02-02-2010, 04:33 PM
I heard they didnt want to have the state semi game to be a rematch of a game earlier in the season, and it was neither teams desicion, the UIL stepped in and told the schools that since it is already pre-destined for them to meet in December that they should jut hold off,because the 3A universe would not be able to withstand such awesomeness being on the field at one time, twice in one year

Looking4number8
02-02-2010, 04:33 PM

The 3ADL wants to know.

What say you all?

Brownwood is not a 2A or a private school so you make the guess:)

Pick6
02-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I heard they didnt want to have the state semi game to be a rematch of a game earlier in the season, and it was neither teams desicion, the UIL stepped in and told the schools that since it is already pre-destined for them to meet in December that they should jut hold off,because the 3A universe would not be able to withstand such awesomeness being on the field at one time, twice in one year

Celina DI - Brownwood DII

TheDOCTORdre
02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Pick6

please dont tell me you took my post seriously

waterboy
02-02-2010, 04:54 PM
I heard that neither team could find a big enough stadium to hold all the fans of these two teams, considering that most of them have HUGE heads........:D

Pick6
02-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
please dont tell me you took my post seriously

i didn't at all, some people might of though.

LE Dad
02-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I heard that neither team could find a big enough stadium to hold all the fans of these two teams, considering that most of them have HUGE heads........:D That I believe:clap: :clap:

skins4life
02-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I heard that neither team could find a big enough stadium to hold all the fans of these two teams, considering that most of them have HUGE heads........:D

:clap: :clap: :iagree: :iagree:

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Pick6

Doesn't it kinda matter who makes the playoffs to determine that?

bigwood33
02-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Doesn't it kinda matter who makes the playoffs to determine that?

Yes it does. Yesterday there was already chatter about Celina being Div 1 in their new district...could happen. Brownwood will almost certainly be Div 2 since Wylie and Big Spring are bigger.

LE Dad
02-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Yes it does. Yesterday there was already chatter about Celina being Div 1 in their new district...could happen. Brownwood will almost certainly be Div 2 since Wylie and Big Spring are bigger. Realignment really shook things up Gilmer, Wylie, LE all will probably go D2 and Celina will go D1 and be smaller than all 3:doh:

SintonFan
02-02-2010, 11:40 PM

The 3ADL wants to know.

What say you all?

Both backed out after realizing that the colors of both teams, put together, might induce a visual sort of "brown note" on all fans who watched the game. Cleanup costs could top one million.:eek:

GrTigers6
02-03-2010, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by jason

not economically feasible for a non-district game.... They can meet at a nuetral site, like Glen Rose for instance.:D

YTBulldogs
02-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by jason

not economically feasible for a non-district game....

Sure it is. One of those, "play it, they will come" games. The gate would more than pay the cost to produce this game.