PDA

View Full Version : GA Moore to Ponder

Gsquared
02-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Didnt see where anyone else posted this.

BOCEPHUS
02-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Didnt see where anyone else posted this.

ME NEATHER, "WHAT IS HE PONDER'IN?"

THATS FUNNY RITE THAR!!!

Phantom Stang
02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
G.A. Moore not going anywhere, Ponder gets new coach

There was some talk that legendary coach G.A. Moore was not going to return to the sidelines next season if Aubrey moved to Class 3A.
Aubrey did move up to Class 3A on Monday along with rival Pilot Point.
Moore told me today he is staying put and will join the Chaparrals for the move from Class 2A to Class 3A.
"As far as I know I am still the coach," he said. "I plan on coaching next year."

Moore has been here before. He knows how to coach at the 3A level and he knows it will be a challenge for the Chaps.
But he was able to work his magic last season in a tough District 10-2A by losing only one regular season game.

District 9-3A will be a tough one and is loaded with area teams. Along with Pilot Point and Aubrey, local teams Argyle and Sanger will be in this district.
Raise your hand if you are looking forward to Argyle-Pilot Point next year? Heck, too bad we didn't get to see those two schools face off last year.

Argyle should really breeze through that district. Head football coach Todd Rodgers won't admit it, but I have a feeling the Eagles will be undefeated in district play again next year.
Pilot Point should get the second playoff spot even though it loses a lot of talent, including DRC All Area MVP Jarman Johnson.
Expect Aubrey and Sanger to fight for the third and final playoff spot out of that district. My nod goes to Moore and Aubrey.

On a side note: Ponder hired a new football coach recently after Patrick McLarty opted to take a position in the administrative offices. The new coach is Rubin Covington, who was an assistant under McLarty.
Covington will lead Ponder into its first varsity football season next year.

LINK (http://drchighschoolblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2010/02/ga-moore-not-going-anywhere-po.html)

Gsquared
02-02-2010, 02:21 PM
I be dam, im gonna have to stab my source in the eyeballs