PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie vs. Gainsville

3afan2K3
11-29-2003, 06:46 PM
I have Gainsville winning as long as AW doesnt shut-down purvey or he gets hurt. But if purvey gets hurt for some reason and it's a close game the leapords will be in trouble and AW will take a win.

jason
11-29-2003, 06:48 PM
have you seen abilene wylie?? if not (and i know you havent) then how do you know??? :D :D :D

3afan2K3
11-29-2003, 06:49 PM
jason:
have you seen abilene wylie?? if not (and i know you havent) then how do you know??? :D :D :D how do I know what?

jason
11-29-2003, 06:51 PM
3afan2K3:

jason:
have you seen abilene wylie?? if not (and i know you havent) then how do you know??? :D :D :D how do I know what?how do you know all that mumbo-jumbo you said?

BHS#1
11-29-2003, 06:57 PM
He saw it in a dream like everyone else on this board? Ha Ha Ha

Keith7
11-29-2003, 06:57 PM
3afan2K3:
I have Gainsville winning as long as AW doesnt shut-down purvey or he gets hurt. But if purvey gets hurt for some reason and it's a close game the leopards will be in trouble and AW will take a win.sounds like someone is copyin his brother

BHS#1
11-29-2003, 06:58 PM
I personally have a feeling Wylie I can't explain it it just a feeling I have.

jason
11-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Keith7:

3afan2K3:
I have Gainsville winning as long as AW doesnt shut-down purvey or he gets hurt. But if purvey gets hurt for some reason and it's a close game the leopards will be in trouble and AW will take a win.sounds like someone is copyin his brotherwell, we're both right, gainesville's offense is nothing without Purvis, they proved that yesterday...it's ya'lls defense that won the game...

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

Keith7
11-29-2003, 07:32 PM
but our Q.B., Chris Brown has 1300 yards passing 13 t.d.s and only 2 interceptions and 543 rushing yards, Darcel McBath has 650 yards recieving, and Amos Berryman has 450 yards recieving and a sophmore kicker who has kicked a 52 yard field goal this season.. it doesnt seem like terrius is our only weapon according to our stats.. plus we have one of the best defenses in state

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

Keith7
11-29-2003, 07:33 PM
jason:

Keith7:

3afan2K3:
I have Gainsville winning as long as AW doesnt shut-down purvey or he gets hurt. But if purvey gets hurt for some reason and it's a close game the leopards will be in trouble and AW will take a win.sounds like someone is copyin his brotherwell, we're both right, gainesville's offense is nothing without Purvis, they proved that yesterday...it's ya'lls defense that won the game...His name is PurvEY!!

3afan2K3
11-29-2003, 07:45 PM
Keith7:
but our Q.B., Chris Brown has 1300 yards passing 13 t.d.s and only 2 interceptions and 543 rushing yards, Darcel McBath has 650 yards recieving, and Amos Berryman has 450 yards recieving and a sophmore kicker who has kicked a 52 yard field goal this season.. it doesnt seem like terrius is our only weapon according to our stats.. plus we have one of the best defenses in stateThen why did when he got hurt last night yalls defense did nothing?

J-RABBITS
11-29-2003, 07:46 PM
gainesville did not impress me yesterday...not just because we lost but it seemed g-ville couldnt move the ball that well...but on the other hand, forney wasnt real impressive either...turnovers killed us and almost killed g-ville...

dont really have a prediction...if g-ville played like they did last nite, it would be tough unless wylie turns it over alot or in crucial parts of the field...

well i guess i'll say g-ville because they have some good receivers who can get open and can catch in double coverage...and purvey can break some long ones and their qb can elude from pressure pretty well...

3afan2K3
11-29-2003, 07:46 PM
Keith7:

3afan2K3:
I have Gainsville winning as long as AW doesnt shut-down purvey or he gets hurt. But if purvey gets hurt for some reason and it's a close game the leopards will be in trouble and AW will take a win.sounds like someone is copyin his brotherhow am I copying him

J-RABBITS
11-29-2003, 07:54 PM
3afan, their defense shut down our offense...they made 2 crucial turnovers and got 10pts off those...that was the big key...pts off turnovers...they got 10, well 12 if you count the safety and we only got 7...that was the factor right there...

jason
11-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Keith7:

jason:

Keith7:

3afan2K3:
I have Gainsville winning as long as AW doesnt shut-down purvey or he gets hurt. But if purvey gets hurt for some reason and it's a close game the leopards will be in trouble and AW will take a win.sounds like someone is copyin his brotherwell, we're both right, gainesville's offense is nothing without Purvis, they proved that yesterday...it's ya'lls defense that won the game...His name is PurvEY!!Purvey, my bad...you guys still wont beat Burnet...assuming y'all get to them (which you probably will, or wont, i dunno)...you wont beat Burnet though...

Phil C
11-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Wylie must be good. Any team that could beat Everman has to be good in my opinion.

jrh
11-29-2003, 09:39 PM
After Gainesville beat Forney in scrimage 4 touchdowns to 1, I thought they would be fairly easy, but they were equal to Gainesville. I don't think Abiline Wylie will be as good as Forney. Gainesville should handle them by 2 touchdowns.

3afan2K3
11-29-2003, 09:41 PM
jrh:
After Gainesville beat Forney in scrimage 4 touchdowns to 1, I thought they would be fairly easy, but they were equal to Gainesville. I don't think Abiline Wylie will be as good as Forney. Gainesville should handle them by 2 touchdowns.ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID SCRIMMAGE, MOST OF FORNEY'S STARTERS DIDNT EVEN PLAY. SHUT UP ABOUT THE STUPID SCRIMMAGE

Leopards,class of 75
11-30-2003, 12:33 AM
Now Jason, you said that Gainesville would not beat Forney either. Never say never because you never know how one team matches up with the other till they get on the playing field. I wanted Gainesville to win, but I was open to the fact that we could lose that game or any other game in the playoffs. I take Gainesville by 10 this week, but turnovers again will make the difference in this game. Go big Red!!!!!

Leopards,class of 75
11-30-2003, 12:40 AM
Now Jason, you said that Gainesville would not beat Forney either. Never say never because you never know how one team matches up with the other till they get on the playing field. I wanted Gainesville to win, but I was open to the fact that we could lose that game or any other game in the playoffs. I take Gainesville by 10 this week, but turnovers again will make the difference in this game. Go big Red!!!!!

Knightmoon
11-30-2003, 07:52 AM
<small>[ November 30, 2003, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: Knightmoon ]</small>

Knightmoon
11-30-2003, 07:56 AM
I haven't seen Gainesville play, but I say they take this one by as much as 16.

<small>[ November 30, 2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Knightmoon ]</small>

3afan
11-30-2003, 09:15 AM
J-RABBITS:
3afan, their defense shut down our offense...they made 2 crucial turnovers and got 10pts off those...that was the big key...pts off turnovers...they got 10, well 12 if you count the safety and we only got 7...that was the factor right there...J-RABBITS - i can only assume your comments are directed to 3afan2K3 ......... yes the turnovers and the non-existant pass protection were the keys

jason
11-30-2003, 09:24 AM
Leopards,class of 75:
Now Jason, you said that Gainesville would not beat Forney either. Never say never because you never know how one team matches up with the other till they get on the playing field. I wanted Gainesville to win, but I was open to the fact that we could lose that game or any other game in the playoffs. I take Gainesville by 10 this week, but turnovers again will make the difference in this game. Go big Red!!!!!I never said G'ville wouldnt beat Forney, I hadn't seen them play...now of course I predicted Forney to win just cause they're my team...I HAVE, however seen Burnet play, AND you G'ville just aren't good enough...If you look back far enough, I even said I didn't think Forney would beat them if they were to play...yes, i know you guys beat forney, but you are a one man team, without Purvey and you running game, you're nothing and Burnet will know that, stop your running game, and thats it, game over, Burnet wins....

Excel94
11-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Ok Knightmoon your comment about Wylie really got to me. This team from Wylie is not playing in Texas Stadium in the Semi-Finals because of FLUKES AND GIFTS. I would call it pure heart and determination. Driving the ball down the field with 3 minutes to go in the game against Everman and passing the ball against a 30 mile an hour wind hitting the receiving core right in the hands and scoring the game winning touchdown with 38 seconds left on the clock was not a fluke man. That was pure heart and SKILL. As far as Snyder being a gift our defense dominated their offense all day long. I guess you think they were a gift in Pre-Season we beat them 24-7. What was Merkels score against Snyder?? Give these kids some credit here they have played their hearts out and have fought for everything they have got.

Excel94
11-30-2003, 10:28 AM
Ok Knightmoon your comment about Wylie really got to me. These boys from Wylie are playing at Texas Stadium in the Semi-Finals because of pure heart and determination not flukes and gifts. Driving the ball down the field against Everman with 3 minutes to go in the game passing against a 30 mile an hour wind and hitting the receiving core right in the hands and scoring the game winning touchdown with 38 seconds left to go in the game was not a fluke man. That was heart and SKILL. As for Snyder being a gift. Our defense dominated their offense all day long. I guess you think they were a gift to us in Pre-Season also, we beat them 24-7. What was Merkels score against Snyder? I guess they were not a gift to Merkel huh? Give these boys some credit here. They are where they are right now because of heart and determination not FLUKES AND GIFTS.

Knightmoon
11-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Excel- Good luck next week with Gainesville. I do think Wylie is playing good football, but I still say the ride ends next week. Wylie's victory over Snyder doesn't mean jack. Beat Gainseville and I will shut up.

Excel94
11-30-2003, 10:34 AM
Thank you Phil C for the comment about Wylie we appreciate that you gave them credit for the win against Everman.

Knightmoon
11-30-2003, 10:39 AM
Excel, one more thing, I predicted Wylie to beat Everman. Check my posts!! And everyone picked Wylie to beat Snyder. All trash talk aside, Best of Luck next week. I will cheer any West Texas team on through the playoffs. I know one of Wylie's star players personally. Great kid, and great talent. Best of luck.

Excel94
11-30-2003, 10:46 AM
You know Knightmoon if Wylie's ride ends next week against Gainesville it has been an incredible ride and we all know what got us this far. You will not take away any of our glory from what we have experienced over the last few weeks. We know what kind of team we are. You act like what these boys have accomplished is nothing. I really don't know why I am letting this bother me when I think about it the comment came from someone whose team hasn't been in the playoffs for the first time in - how many years.

Excel94
11-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Sorry guys for my duplicate posts my computer said it was not excepting my posts. Thank you knightmoon for your last comment. I am sorry I got my feathers all ruffled. I have a senior on the team.

Knightmoon
11-30-2003, 11:07 AM
We would have loved to have played you this year. You and the news media are the only ones that care anything about the 40 years stat. Merkel has been, and I repeat has been a basketball town, which I can add that Wylie hasn't beat Merkel in basketball in something like 10 years. You are right, my comments were too harsh. I edited them, they are gone. I never said you haven't accomplished anything. Wylie wouldn't be where they were at if they didn't have a good team.

Goob
11-30-2003, 11:25 AM
Dang right about Abilene Wylie, if you look past them then you are going home early. I honestly thought that Everman would win state again even with a inexperienced team. I was wrong. Good luck to Wylie against Gainesville. As for some of the Forney Fans whose posts I've read on this page, I have never seen a bunch of poorer losers in my life. Whining about this, Whining about that. Gainesville was the better team that night so GET OVER IT!!!!

SHEEESH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Goob
11-30-2003, 11:36 AM
Dang right about Abilene Wylie, if you look past them then you are going home early. I honestly thought that Everman would win state again even with a inexperienced team. I was wrong. Good luck to Wylie against Gainesville. As for some of the Forney Fans whose posts I've read on this page, I have never seen a bunch of poorer losers in my life. Whining about this, Whining about that. Gainesville was the better team that night so GET OVER IT!!!!

Goob
11-30-2003, 11:38 AM

Goob
11-30-2003, 11:43 AM
<small>[ November 30, 2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Goob ]</small>