PDA

View Full Version : Something good out of Dallas ISD...

kaorder1999
02-02-2010, 09:57 AM
since its rare that the news publishes something positive about DISD I thought id share this with yall.

Conrad HS was opened a couple years back and built a restaurant inside the HS, just adjacent to the cafeteria that was supposed to be partered up with Outback Steakhouse I believe. Something fell through with Outback but the district still built the retaurant. The reasoning behind this was to teach young men and women how to run a business/restaurant. They use this facility to teach how to cook, wait on tables, manage money, clean, etc (everything that would go into running a business and/or restaurant.)

I thought this was a pretty cool idea and in fact they are going strong and the restaurant is open to the public...

Trashman
02-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Wow a school that actually teaches something practical and useful in life...........Hard work...and if you don't get an education this is what you will end up doing for the rest of your life. (mopping floors and washing dishes).:D

turbostud
02-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Dont forget "digging ditches." thats what my old man always told me.

Phil C
02-02-2010, 11:45 AM
At first I thought this was about my late father who graduated in 1931 from Oak Cliff. :)

He was the national AAU weight lifting champion in 1932.

Oh well. Great news anyway. :)

kaorder1999
02-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
At first I thought this was about my late father who graduated in 1931 from Oak Cliff. :)

He was the national AAU weight lifting champion in 1932.

Oh well. Great news anyway. :)

the orginal Oak Cliff HS? If so, that is the school i am teaching/coaching at now...which is now named W. H. Adamson HS