PDA

View Full Version : Bellville back to Region 3

zebrablue2
02-01-2010, 11:24 PM
back to 3 for another easy run in the playoffs. that reg. 4 has been a pain in recent yrs. instead of traveling 200 miles for regionals, it will only be 20.. all that gas saved:2thumbsup- no giddings or la grange. what are you people going to talk about:D??

WOS87
02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
back to 3 for another easy run in the playoffs. that reg. 4 has been a pain in recent yrs. instead of traveling 200 miles for regionals, it will only be 20.. all that gas saved:2thumbsup- no giddings or la grange. what are you people going to talk about:D??

Welcome back!

:devil:

rancher
02-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Any word on Bellville's schedule? I saw they had Cuero and Sweeny, who else in predistrict play?

hookandladder
02-02-2010, 07:30 AM

We are in the same Region and also play Bellville and Sealy in pre-district football games, so not much has changed to me.

XMan
02-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Bellville must have someone on the realignment committee. They got a cake walk. It wasnt region 4 that was hurting you, it was the DISTRICT MEMBERS.

44INAROW
02-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by XMan
Bellville must have someone on the realignment committee. They got a cake walk. It wasnt region 4 that was hurting you, it was the DISTRICT MEMBERS.

Reg IV did give SOME district members fits though :D not a cake walk for everyone after all, was it?

Bone Pile
02-02-2010, 09:14 AM
WHOAAAAA ZBlue, What about the other teams in your district. I heard Columbus was going to be a lot tuffer this year. Lots of speed and strength. Hosses in the backfield too.

Coach or Die 67
02-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Reg. 3 used to be the toughest district out there. If you take a closer look now, it has been weakened tremendously!! It is probably the ranks third out of the 4. Region 2 or 4 is now the powerhouse with Carthage, and Gilmer moving into it along with Henderson dropping down into it along with Pittsburg. Region 4 got a whole lot stronger with Boerne, Lampasas, Liberty Hill, Wimberley, Taylor, Burnet, and Fredericksburg.

Reg. 3 has WOS, Navasota, and Giddings who usually go deep each year. LaGrange, Bellville, Sealy, Caldwell and Jasper can make runs but not consistently.

Bull's-eye
02-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by XMan

Definitely looks like an easier district than last year, but the road through the playoffs starts with a very tough district 23. Bellville & the other D24 members do benefit from having only 5 schools playing football.

From what I'm hearing, Bellville has lined up a very tough pre-district schedule, playing Cuero, Navasota, Sweeny, Caldwell, La Grange & 4A Lockhart.

XMan
02-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Best of luck to the Brahmas. And, as stated bi-district round wont be nice for any of the teams.

zebrablue2
02-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Definitely looks like an easier district than last year, but the road through the playoffs starts with a very tough district 23. Bellville & the other D24 members do benefit from having only 5 schools playing football.

From what I'm hearing, Bellville has lined up a very tough pre-district schedule, playing Cuero, Navasota, Sweeny, Caldwell, La Grange & 4A Lockhart.

did not know hou. kipp does not do football. that will be a tough pre-district. Jimmy got a cake walk next season..

Bull's-eye
02-03-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm now hearing that Bellville will play Needville and not Navasota.

IHStangFan
02-03-2010, 12:04 AM

From what I'm hearing, Bellville has lined up a very tough pre-district schedule, playing Cuero, Navasota, Sweeny, Caldwell, La Grange & 4A Lockhart. That's pretty brutal....talk about a gauntlet.

IHStangFan
02-03-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm now hearing that Bellville will play Needville and not Navasota. OUTSTANDING!!! Bring on the Bulls!! :clap:

Bone Pile
02-03-2010, 10:32 AM

Besides Columbus being tougher this year us southern Austin Co.guys are taking yall to the cleaners this year. Might as well go ahead and suck it up but BV will not make a showing. Will be between,Sealy,Columbus and BR.

Booter11
02-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
Besides Columbus being tougher this year us southern Austin Co.guys are taking yall to the cleaners this year. Might as well go ahead and suck it up but BV will not make a showing. Will be between,Sealy,Columbus and BR.

i agree

hookandladder
02-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Bone Pile

I will take Bellvile over Columbus for the 3rd spot.

Bull's-eye
02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Bellville will definitely have to re-load, but the talent pool is not empty. Tough pre-district schedule should prepare them for district play.

rancher
02-03-2010, 01:48 PM
If Bellville is going to improve, they better start with the Offensive Coord. or find one. If not, going to be a very long season and a short heard coaching stint for Coach Foster.

Red Bull
02-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Bellville will definately be in rebuilding mode, but this will be perfect district to rebuild in for 2 years. Next year's freshman and sophomore group will be very talented and some of these will be counted on at the varsity level. Pre-district schedule is brutal!