PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel vs. Bandera???

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Can any Bandera folks confirm this for me? Got a couple of Port Isabel peeps swearing up and down that this game is on.

Johnny 5
02-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Like King Kong?

Hope the Tarpons step up if it is true.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Well, this Senior group is finally gone.....can only go UP from here.

banderafan
02-02-2010, 12:35 AM
It's true. Apparently Bandera was supposed have a pre district game against Pearsall, but Pearsall had to start district play the week the Bandera/Pearsall game was scheduled. I don't know how these things work, but I heard Bandera had offers from schools like Brownwood, Abilene Wylie, and Port Isabel to fill the spot left open by Pearsall. Word is Port Isabell is who we are playing pre district, along with Hondo, Devine, and Burnet. Then add in the likes of Wimberley, Fredericksburg, Fischer Canyon Lake, and Boerne, it will be challenging to say the least.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-02-2010, 12:56 AM
Cool, can't wait for this one then. Do you know where the game will be played, and is it a 2-year deal or just this coming season?

I know Port Isabel was anticipating playing against Brownsville Pace which was projected to drop down from 5A to 4A, but when the UIL threw a curveball and kept Pace in 5A, that left PI in a bind and thus we now have Bandera.

Oh, by the way, are the Groomers still there in Bandera?? Tell 'em the youngest of the Martin boys says "hey".

bandera7
02-02-2010, 01:54 AM
The new district is definitely harder than the old one but...I dont envy 16, 23, or 5

Third
02-02-2010, 10:01 AM
I've got Pearsall vs. Bandera in Week 4.

banderafan
02-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Cool, can't wait for this one then. Do you know where the game will be played, and is it a 2-year deal or just this coming season?

I know Port Isabel was anticipating playing against Brownsville Pace which was projected to drop down from 5A to 4A, but when the UIL threw a curveball and kept Pace in 5A, that left PI in a bind and thus we now have Bandera.

Oh, by the way, are the Groomers still there in Bandera?? Tell 'em the youngest of the Martin boys says "hey".

The Groomers are still here. Rick Groomer is still on the school board. I'll tell him hello for you if I see him.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-02-2010, 11:44 PM
According to the RGV boards, this is Port Isabel's non-district schedule.

Week 0 - Edcouch-Elsa
Week 1 - Lyford
Week 2 - Raymondville
Week 3 - Corpus Christi Miller
Week 4 - Bandera

Lyford and Raymondville could be mixed up though, and still haven't heard anything about home/away/neutral for any of the games yet.

Hopefully the game against Bandera will be in Port Isabel. Would give the Groomers a chance to visit their old friends in Port isabel.