PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer's Non-District Schedule

poisoned10
02-01-2010, 08:59 PM
The order and location of these aren't determined yet, but this is who Gilmer will be playing:

Tatum (East Texas Classic @ TMF Rose Stadium)
Atlanta
Liberty-Eylau
Daingerfield
Jacksonville (In Gilmer)

easttexas3a
02-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I think this could be the year Gilmer drops one at home, maybe even two or three. One thing is for sure, this young team which is losing almost all of the team will have to grow up very fast. I think Luke Turner is going to really come out as a star, I just hope the Gus Osbornes and Ty Barrs of the world can step up.

TOPS1435
02-01-2010, 11:50 PM
A poster on another thread pointed out that Carthage is graduating its O-line. With one exception, Gilmer is doing the same thing. Wow! what a time to be rebuilding.

lostaussie
02-02-2010, 08:27 AM
We haven't rebuilt for 10 years...........just reloaded. This year will be no different. Everything will be just fine:thumbsup:

BuckeyeNut
02-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
We haven't rebuilt for 10 years...........just reloaded. This year will be no different. Everything will be just fine:thumbsup:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

that is what everone was saying after 06 and we still went far. These boys are in a program that starts in 7th threw 12th. We are going to have a bigger line than last year, Only thing is replacing the QB. Dont worry the scouts are out looking all over the nation for one. Sure they will find someone. :devil: :devil:

waterboy
02-02-2010, 10:13 AM
I agree. I think we've done just fine over the last decade of doing just that. I remember in '04 when we had just 2 starters back on offense and went on to win state. We were in a tough district that year, too. I'm not saying we will do that again, but I will say we will be just fine.;)

poisoned10
02-03-2010, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
The order and location of these aren't determined yet, but this is who Gilmer will be playing:

Atlanta
Liberty-Eylau
Daingerfield
Jacksonville (In Gilmer)

It won't let me edit my original post, but there is a slight change.

Gilmer will NOT be playing Tatum in the classic. Instead, it will be Gilmer vs. Atlanta.

YTBulldogs
02-03-2010, 03:22 AM
"GOD"frey can't be replaced. In a league of his own. Loved watching him play, and the game vs Cuero was unbelievable. Dude can dodge a killer bee attack without getting stung once. Amazing!!
:clap:

These type of players just don't get plugged in a system when this caliber of QB graduates. They don't come around that often.

buckeyebob
02-03-2010, 06:08 AM
Stump...a man among boys.

lostaussie
02-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
"GOD"frey can't be replaced. In a league of his own. Loved watching him play, and the game vs Cuero was unbelievable. Dude can dodge a killer bee attack without getting stung once. Amazing!!
:clap:

These type of players just don't get plugged in a system when this caliber of QB graduates. They don't come around that often. oh yee of little faith:D let me see, since 2003, McKenzie, Johnson, Kennedy, Kinne, and Godfrey. All have went on to play at the next level. Two were 3a player of the year................and the next one may be the best yet...............we shall see.

waterboy
02-03-2010, 08:11 AM
oh yee of little faith:D let me see, since 2003, McKenzie, Johnson, Kennedy, Kinne, and Godfrey. All have went on to play at the next level. Two were 3a player of the year................and the next one may be the best yet...............we shall see.
:evillol: :evillol: Yep. The next QB at Gilmer will be another player the state will be talking about by the middle of this year........

oldtownag
02-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Stump...a man among boys.

Did you know that Carthage has a returning state champion at QB?

Welcome to the "posting" world buckeyebob!

waterboy
02-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag

Welcome to the "posting" world buckeyebob!
Who can forget Anthony Morgan? Our scouts watched the entire regular season last year because we were sure we would meet y'all in the playoffs. At least this year we'll definitely get to see him against our Buckeyes.:clap:

I want to extend a warm welcome to my fellow Buckeye, too. Welcome, buckeyebob!:clap: You need to drop in and post as often as possible, buckeyebob!:)

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Who can forget Anthony Morgan? Our scouts watched the entire regular season last year because we were sure we would meet y'all in the playoffs. At least this year we'll definitely get to see him against our Buckeyes.:clap:

I want to extend a warm welcome to my fellow Buckeye, too. Welcome, buckeyebob!:clap: You need to drop in and post as often as possible, buckeyebob!:) No no...your all we need waterboy:p

buckeyebob
02-03-2010, 05:49 PM

We do know that Carthage has a returning QB...but that will be about all.

What was signing day like with the bulldogs this year?

waterboy
02-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Welcome, buckeyebob!:wave:

Good of you to drop in....:clap:

What do you think of our cupcake district?:D

oldtownag
02-03-2010, 08:10 PM

We do know that Carthage has a returning QB...but that will be about all.

What was signing day like with the bulldogs this year?

I guess Coach Suratt dosen't need Div 1 talent to win a State title!

jdawg2012
02-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10

Atlanta
Liberty-Eylau
Daingerfield
Jacksonville (In Gilmer)

Glad Jasper doesn't have to play them this year. 3 losses in two years. DANG!

buckeyebob
02-04-2010, 06:26 AM
Thanks waterboy for your graciousness and welcome.

As far as our “cupcake” district, we will do fine. I must admit that we do have a tad more competition in district play this next season but it always seems that Traylor & Co. put it all together. Perhaps the critics will get off the “Gilmer has no competition and is over rated” wagon. You would think that our performance in the playoffs would put the critics in their place but, since we are the team that everyone loves to hate, we will have to continue to keep our chin up and plow the new field. I am certain that once again, we will prevail, especially against the Red Devils to our southeast.

buckeyebob
02-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
I guess Coach Suratt dosen't need Div 1 talent to win a State title!

‘Tis true…Div 1 talent was not required for Div II this year.:taunt: :taunt:

waterboy
02-04-2010, 08:23 AM
‘Tis true…Div 1 talent was not required for Div II this year.:taunt: :taunt:
LOL

Division 1 talent is not a requirement at the high school level. The thing is that Coach Traylor does a good job marketing our players. Once the reputation is established that there is D1 talent on your team regularly, the scouts will be there taking a look. That's why we usually have a lot of D1 signees...... The important thing is to give these young men the opportunity to get a free education, of which most wouldn't be able to without a scholarship.