PDA

View Full Version : So if McCoy does have plans of leaving Graham

Z-RO
02-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Do you think it is fair for him to make the schedule for the next guy coming in? If they are going to promote from within I could see the next guy having a ton of say in terms of who they schedule (or at least you would think so) but if McCoy doesn’t have any intentions of staying I do not think that it is fair to Graham to string an entire program along until you decide to make your next move. Thoughts?

raider red 2000
02-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Do you think it is fair for him to make the schedule for the next guy coming in? If they are going to promote from within I could see the next guy having a ton of say in terms of who they schedule (or at least you would think so) but if McCoy doesn’t have any intentions of staying I do not think that it is fair to Graham to string an entire program along until you decide to make your next move. Thoughts?

it would be irrresponsible for a coach to not make a schedule and then leave.

lvbears32
02-01-2010, 09:30 PM
what we did when our coach left is we let the coordinators set up the schedule for the incoming hc. of course we new our current hc was leaving so he didnt interfere at all

Z-RO
02-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

But IF he knew he was leaving and is taking his sweet time to announce it do you think that it is fair to the Graham athletic department considering he is the AD? What if he sets up a hard schedule that a incoming coach wouldnt have scheduled? Like I said though if they are promoting from within then you would think the guy in waiting would have a say so..right?

VWG
02-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Get over it.
Happens all the time.
When McCoy came to Graham you think he liked the schedule left by Bourquin?
Schedules are set within the next few days, and within the next few months there will be some coaching changes from 1A on up.
It happens, and the new HC just has to come in and play the hand he's been dealt.

sinfan75
02-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Take a vacation on coach McCoy. Your jealousy's startin to show.

Z-RO
02-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Get over it.
Happens all the time.
When McCoy came to Graham you think he liked the schedule left by Bourquin?
Schedules are set within the next few days, and within the next few months there will be some coaching changes from 1A on up.
It happens, and the new HC just has to come in and play the hand he's been dealt.

Here is the question though; did Bourquin make that schedule in a realignment year before he left to Mineral Wells? Hey I am not knocking the guy as much as you think I am, he has done a bunch to improve Graham. However, I think if he is going to leave he shouldn’t be dragging this out. The person who is going to be his replacement should have some say in the scheduling for the next 2 seasons since it is then his neck on the line, not McCoy’s.

Z-RO
02-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Take a vacation on coach McCoy. Your jealousy's startin to show.

How is anything I have mentioned show any indication of jealousy? Im just curious with a legit concern, I know for a fact several people in Graham are curious about this as well. No hatered towards him, but if you are going to leave dont drag things out any longer then they have to be and let the next man have control of the ship.

carter08
02-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Does it matter who he schedules?

NONDISTRICT GAMES ARE COMPLETELY UNIMPORTANT. THEY DON'T DECIDE ANYTHING AND ARE JUST A CHANCE TO GET YOUR TEAM READY FOR DISTRICT.

Z-RO
02-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Does it matter who he schedules?

NONDISTRICT GAMES ARE COMPLETELY UNIMPORTANT. THEY DON'T DECIDE ANYTHING AND ARE JUST A CHANCE TO GET YOUR TEAM READY FOR DISTRICT.

Your right, they should just schedule

Breckenridge
Olney
Chico
Milsap
WF City View

Im sure that will get them prepared for district :rolleyes:

On the same note if they have a tough non district it could lead to having several injuries come district time. You would think a new coach would want to be able to dictate how his schedule for the next 2 years plays out, especially considering he is going to have to get those kids to buy into him being the new HC.

LH Panther Mom
02-02-2010, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
Agreed! Available opponents run out pretty quick!

carter08
02-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Your right, they should just schedule

Breckenridge
Olney
Chico
Milsap
WF City View

Im sure that will get them prepared for district :rolleyes:

On the same note if they have a tough non district it could lead to having several injuries come district time. You would think a new coach would want to be able to dictate how his schedule for the next 2 years plays out, especially considering he is going to have to get those kids to buy into him being the new HC.

All I'm saying is, if he doesn't schedule now the team will end up having to schedule some 1A schools or something. Make the schedule. If it's too easy, then your team has some confidence. If it's too hard, you're prepared to play against the big boys.

Don't try to tell me that injuries only happen against tough teams.

Z-RO
02-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm not trying to say they only happen against tough teams, but with a higher quality of opponent you will for sure see a more physical style of play...which will lead to the risk factor obviously increasing.

All I am saying is if he knows he's headed out the door, leave and give the next guy a better shot of doing what he wants to do. Brad McCoy has done a lot for Graham no doubt, but if it isn’t going to be his ship to sale anymore move on and let the next guy get a crack at it. Especially if they are hiring from within as rumored. All of this is a mute point if he is indeed staying, however, that is not what the rumors are saying…of course those are just rumors, but we haven’t heard anybody from Graham shoot these down now have we?

ccmom
02-02-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm not trying to say they only happen against tough teams, but with a higher quality of opponent you will for sure see a more physical style of play...which will lead to the risk factor obviously increasing.

All I am saying is if he knows he's headed out the door, leave and give the next guy a better shot of doing what he wants to do. Brad McCoy has done a lot for Graham no doubt, but if it isn’t going to be his ship to sale anymore move on and let the next guy get a crack at it. Especially if they are hiring from within as rumored. All of this is a mute point if he is indeed staying, however, that is not what the rumors are saying…of course those are just rumors, but we haven’t heard anybody from Graham shoot these down now have we?

The only thing I remember reading from a Graham poster on this matter is...

Originally posted by Deuce
They offered him a new 1 yr. contract offer, with more money.

ZRO, Don't you have a level 19 source, or something like that? :doh:

bigwood33
02-02-2010, 11:50 AM
I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that he has a schedule already done. I think contracts can be signed next Friday and by now everyone has most, if not all, of their schedule done...Graham and Coach McCoy are no different. Just because he hasn't 'released' it doesn't mean that it isn't done.

ccmom
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that he has a schedule already done. I think contracts can be signed next Friday and by now everyone has most, if not all, of their schedule done...Graham and Coach McCoy are no different. Just because he hasn't 'released' it doesn't mean that it isn't done.

I don't think that is what ZRO's point is. I think his point is that, in his opinion, McCoy "shouldn't" be selecting opponents if he is not planning to stay.

Graham is on Wylie's pre-district schedule, so I'm sure they have it all lined out! :thumbsup:

bigwood33
02-02-2010, 12:04 PM
But he has to make a schedule...even if he plans to leave. If he didn't the replacement would not be able to fill a schedule unless he wanted to play a bunch of 5A JV's.

ccmom
02-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
But he has to make a schedule...even if he plans to leave. If he didn't the replacement would not be able to fill a schedule unless he wanted to play a bunch of 5A JV's.

EXACTLY!! :clap: :clap:

:thumbsup:

fridaynitefan
02-02-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm so sick of all this McCoy bashing! Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't! Is he staying or is he going? Bottom line, there will be football in Graham again next year regardless and those players deserve a schedule to be set that is competitive and the only way to do that is to get it done just like everyone else! McCoy hasn't quit nor been fired so why wouldn't he do his job!? Move on!

ccmom
02-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by fridaynitefan
I'm so sick of all this McCoy bashing! Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't! Is he staying or is he going? Bottom line, there will be football in Graham again next year regardless and those players deserve a schedule to be set that is competitive and the only way to do that is to get it done just like everyone else! McCoy hasn't quit nor been fired so why wouldn't he do his job!? Move on!

AMEN!!!:clap: :clap:

injuredinmelee
02-02-2010, 03:00 PM
How is anything I have mentioned show any indication of jealousy? Im just curious with a legit concern, I know for a fact several people in Graham are curious about this as well. No hatered towards him, but if you are going to leave dont drag things out any longer then they have to be and let the next man have control of the ship.

your posts during football season show you have a ax to grind with the Graham program. The fact that you wont tell anyone who you are just makes it more patheitc. My guess is your kid wasnt good enough to start and quit or he was kicked off the team. How do you know he is even leaving? My guess is yes he is but I am certain there is a plan and reason behind everything being done. Good thing it doesnt matter if any of us know the reason or motivation.

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
your posts during football season show you have a ax to grind with the Graham program. The fact that you wont tell anyone who you are just makes it more patheitc. My guess is your kid wasnt good enough to start and quit or he was kicked off the team. How do you know he is even leaving? My guess is yes he is but I am certain there is a plan and reason behind everything being done. Good thing it doesnt matter if any of us know the reason or motivation.

^^^what he said:clap: ^^^

ccmom
02-02-2010, 03:11 PM

Bless your little shy, timid heart. One of these days you will come out of your shell and share your feelings, injured. ;)

lvbears32
02-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Bless your little shy, timid heart. One of these days you will come out of your shell and share your feelings, injured. ;)

lol

Bullaholic
02-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Bridgeport and Graham have a game scheduled for 10/1. I'm looking forward to playing the Steers for the 4th time in 3 years. Always a good football game between us.

BTW--I don't care who the Steers HC is---and neither should anyone else, except the Graham folks....

Deuce
02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
My level 15 source does not have any more news on McCoy leaving or staying. As far as scheduling, I hope they do get some other stiff competition on the pre-destrict schedule along with Wylie. I really believe that is what helped Graham get to the championship game. The last that I heard was he had 2 weeks to decide, and that was over the weekend. I think he is going to go Brett Favre on us, and wait till the last second. I don't care one way or the other.

Rustler
02-02-2010, 03:22 PM

All I am saying is if he knows he's headed out the door, leave and give the next guy a better shot of doing what he wants to do. Brad McCoy has done a lot for Graham no doubt, but if it isn’t going to be his ship to sale anymore move on and let the next guy get a crack at it. Especially if they are hiring from within as rumored. All of this is a mute point if he is indeed staying, however, that is not what the rumors are saying…of course those are just rumors, but we haven’t heard anybody from Graham shoot these down now have we? I have read your post Z-RO....No where do you mention the Sup or School Board?? I feel it should be the Sup pulling the trigger one way or the other....Is he staying or his going? If the Sup is not doing it the school board should have already brought pressure on the Sup for it to be decided. It is not positive for Town, School or Student Athletes for it to be undecided at this point. Much less the other coaches any change could affect.

grahampaw
02-02-2010, 03:47 PM
I dont like to ever say anything regarding a poster or coach but I will this time....as for Z-Ro he is not bitter towards Coach McCoy,he is just a passonate fan that could talk highschool football 24-7 as we have.And he is way to young to have a son in the program.One thing he will do is speak his mind and thats allright with me......as for Coach McCoy he truely cares about the kids in Graham and the program and his coaches.I bet the people that need to know allready know his plans.Just my two cents ,my son is graduating but I would like to see him stay because he has taken the program to a new level and the kids are the most diciplened they have ever been.If not I wish him luck.

injuredinmelee
02-02-2010, 04:05 PM
so is zero the dude that used to get on here and blast borquin(sp) that played semi pro football in olney or eastland?

injuredinmelee
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Bless your little shy, timid heart. One of these days you will come out of your shell and share your feelings, injured. ;) you know me... no time for dancin...

ccmom
02-02-2010, 04:14 PM
you know me... no time for dancin...

Nevermind....I forgot I'm trying to be nice! Sometimes its SO hard! ;)

injuredinmelee
02-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Nevermind....I forgot I'm trying to be nice! Sometimes its SO hard! ;)
tread lightly... lol

Z-RO
02-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I don’t know how this comes across as a Brad McCoy bash :confused: obviously there is a couple of posters who at least see what I was trying to say. I have had no direct connection to the Graham program (emotionally) except the last two seasons when I knew two starters on offense. I will say once AGAIN McCoy has done a great job at Graham. I just don’t think he has handled this particular situation very well. Rustler made a great point that I over looked, and I know Deuce is a Steer supporter and with his comments alone it obviously shows some of the people in Graham are tired of hearing about this. G-paw has a son who just finished his senior season, and he doesn’t seem to have a problem with what I said, but yet to the "Abilene Elite" I am bashing Brad McCoy. I’m not trying to bash the guy, but I do think that IF (I know that is hard for you Abilene Wylie fans to comprehend) McCoy isn’t going to return then the man rumored to fill in his position should have a say in who Graham schedules. Injured I don’t know who you think I am, but I can tell you that I am indeed a college student if that does anything for you. If not, well…I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. Get ahold of me the next time you are in Wichita Falls.

injuredinmelee
02-02-2010, 04:40 PM
I don’t know how this comes across as a Brad McCoy bash :confused: obviously there is a couple of posters who at least see what I was trying to say. I have had no direct connection to the Graham program (emotionally) except the last two seasons when I knew two starters on offense. I will say once AGAIN McCoy has done a great job at Graham. I just don’t think he has handled this particular situation very well. Rustler made a great point that I over looked, and I know Deuce is a Steer supporter and with his comments alone it obviously shows some of the people in Graham are tired of hearing about this. G-paw has a son who just finished his senior season, and he doesn’t seem to have a problem with what I said, but yet to the "Abilene Elite" I am bashing Brad McCoy. I’m not trying to bash the guy, but I do think that IF (I know that is hard for you Abilene Wylie fans to comprehend) McCoy isn’t going to return then the man rumored to fill in his position should have a say in who Graham schedules. Injured I don’t know who you think I am, but I can tell you that I am indeed a college student if that does anything for you. If not, well…I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. Get ahold of me the next time you are in Wichita Falls.

I grew up in the arm pit Wichita Falls. Never go back. Its like the anus of the universe.

ccmom
02-02-2010, 04:41 PM

For the record, Sinfan is not among the "Abilene Elite" and I don't have a clue where Fridaynitefan is from.

Anyway....thanks for explaining your position. Good luck with your college career.

injuredinmelee
02-02-2010, 04:42 PM
For the record, Sinfan is not among the "Abilene Elite" and I don't have a clue where Fridaynitefan is from.

Anyway....thanks for explaining your position. Good luck with your college career.
no polish ccmom's shoes.

Z-RO
02-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks ccmom

Tromboneking
02-02-2010, 05:17 PM
We already have our schedule for next year...

0 Week: Mineral Wells
1. Brownwood
2. Open
3. Wylie
4. Bridgeport
5. District rest of the way....

Z-RO
02-02-2010, 05:23 PM
only 4 district games?

Daddy D 11
02-02-2010, 06:00 PM
McCoy is leaving and is done coaching. He just hasn't announced it yet, he's waiting.

lvbears32
02-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
McCoy is leaving and is done coaching. He just hasn't announced it yet, he's waiting.

waitin for wat?

Phantom Stang
02-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Tromboneking

1. Brownwood
2. Open
3. Wylie
4. Bridgeport
5. District rest of the way....
You can't beat that pre-district schedule as far as mileage is concerned.

grahampaw
02-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Tromboneking

1. Brownwood
2. Open
3. Wylie
4. Bridgeport
5. District rest of the way.... This whould only give them 9 games.Are you sure they dont have one more?

lvbears32
02-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

waitin for wat?

bigwood33
02-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
waitin for wat?

National Signing Day? Maybe? If he resigned in the few weeks before NSD, it would take the attention away from Case. Remember, Colt had something big at the beginning of Jan and Case the beginning of Feb. I am sure he wouldn't want to take the spot light off of his kids, even for a minute. If he is going to resign, I imagine he will do it in a week or so.