PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Jasper

Old Cardinal
11-30-2002, 06:53 PM
Jasper is headed to the State Championship, I think they will dominate the remaining opponents. Bridge City played their best game possible, but the 39 Senior team of Jasper possess too much size, speed, skill and depth. They must have easily 18 college level player picks. They are truly a 4A probable State Champion, at skill level, playing in a 3A situation. I predict they will beat Burnet easily by 40 points. You just can't compete with a team that went to the top of 4A bracketing last year with a Junior team that now returns as a 3Ateam- with a stout seasoned Senior team of this caliber....Congratulations to Bridge City, Momahans, Sinton, and Atlanta. You were all in the top 8 teams of 3A-you have nothing to be ashamed of, a lot of good teams did not make it that far.

29x281
11-30-2002, 07:36 PM
But then you've never thought much of Burnet.

And also, you do tend to get carried away with whatever emotion possesses you at a given moment.

That being said, Burnet will definitely be the underdog. But I do think we'll be able to show them some things they haven't had to deal with before.

The "Jasper could win in 4A argument" is interesting, except I think you could make similar cases for a number of top 3A teams. After all, Marlin did beat Ennis, and Burnet beat Marlin. In addition, tonight's Region 4 semi-final in 4A is between Gregory Portland and Austin Reagan, 2 teams that were beaten by Sinton and Burnet, respectively. While this doesn't prove that 3A is better than 4A, it does indicate that -- at least for the very top teams in 3A -- the best of 3A would compete very well in the 4A bracket.

espn1
11-30-2002, 07:46 PM
That's the most ridiculous stupid prediction I've ever heard in my life. Burnet would destroy Bridge City. So how do you come up with that math? I Sense a little jealousy.

29x281
11-30-2002, 07:55 PM
No, it's not jealosy. He's attempting to find solace in the aftermath of his team's loss, and he's doing so by adopting the idea that "Jasper is the greatest 3A team ever." If he can make himself believe that, then he can feel better about his team.

He wants Jasper to beat Burnet and Everman/Forney by more than his precious Cards lost by.

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-30-2002, 08:04 PM
WELL WATCHED BURNET PLAY SINTON WAS NOT TOO IMPRESSED WITH SINTON. RANKED #1 OR # 2 WHY? BURNET PLAYED A GOOD GAME, CONGRADS. I DO NOT WANT TO PI$$ OFF ANYONE FROM BURNET, BUT........ I TKINK YOU HAVE WON YOUR LAST GAME FOR THIS YEAR. YOUR A GOOD TEAM BUT THIS YEAR THERE ARE TWO TEAMS THAT ARE BETTER, AGAIN NOT TO PI$$ YOU OFF, JUST STATING THE OBVIOUS.

bd0707
11-30-2002, 08:11 PM
Old Card is becoming an "Old Bore"

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2002, 08:15 PM
Who cares what u are ranked its how u finish. The Pirates end thier season as one of the final eight. Jaspers 28-0 was a good win but not impressive win against one of the weakest teams left. Burnet and sinton didnt look as good to people that hadnt see them, because the defenses played a very good game

And if u see the burnet and jasper game im sure u will say both thems arent that good cause that game is going to be low scoring too.

Burnet 17
Jasper 14

bd0707
11-30-2002, 08:17 PM
Of course all of these post will ultimatly earn Burnet that horrble "pompous" rating.

JASPER- GYM
11-30-2002, 08:17 PM
YOUR RIGHT OLD CARD WE HAVE MANY THAT WILL BE PLAYING D1 NEXT YEAR. AFTER ALL THE SMACK I SPOKE LAST WEEK I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH BC PEEBLES RAN HARD AND SHOWED GOOD PATIENCE, HE ALWAYS FELL FORWARD FOR THAT EXTRA YARD. YOUR QB IS A GOOD ATHLETE AND DIDNT LOOSE HIS COMPOSER. ALL IN ALL YALL PLAYED US TOUGH.
WITH THAT SAID I WAS VERY PROUD OF OUR "D" THEY STEPPED UP ALL DAY AND HAVE BEEN GREAT!!!

bd0707
11-30-2002, 08:19 PM
oooops sorry that was pompous of me.

2KDawg
11-30-2002, 09:24 PM
hey purple thunder, dont want to upset you or anything, but your sitting at home cause liberty hill sucks!... just stating the obvious ....! :D :D

j dawg
11-30-2002, 09:46 PM
To B.C.

All you guy's should be PROUD!!!
Your team played hard. Keep your head's
up you did a great job, never giving up
All you parent's should be proud of your
kid's. See next year.

j_dog
11-30-2002, 09:52 PM
Thank you OC for the post. Bridge City did play their hearts out. Sorry about one thing. As soon as someone loses to Jasper, someone gets on here and says Jasper played a "weak" team. I don't think BC was weak at all. They were able to do things to Jasper that I had not seen anyone else do. This game will help prepare Jasper for the next level. Jasper needed a tighter game than they had been having and BC gave it to them. Good luck to your guys for the rest of the year and in life.

snowsnake
11-30-2002, 09:54 PM
JASPER- GYM:
YOUR RIGHT OLD CARD WE HAVE MANY THAT WILL BE PLAYING D1 NEXT YEAR. AFTER ALL THE SMACK I SPOKE LAST WEEK I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH BC PEEBLES RAN HARD AND SHOWED GOOD PATIENCE, HE ALWAYS FELL FORWARD FOR THAT EXTRA YARD. YOUR QB IS A GOOD ATHLETE AND DIDNT LOOSE HIS COMPOSER. ALL IN ALL YALL PLAYED US TOUGH.
WITH THAT SAID I WAS VERY PROUD OF OUR "D" THEY STEPPED UP ALL DAY AND HAVE BEEN GREAT!!!Hey Jasper Gym, you gettin soft on me or what. I discussed the game with the Jasper statistician and he told me that Peebles had 38 yards total rushing for the game. On top of that,total yardage for the team was 101 until Jasper put in the JV squad at the beginning of the 4th quarter and then BC ended game with 174 total yards. Not to take anything away from an obviously tough individual, but Peebles didn't have his "A" game tonight and Billy Pittman was twice the quarterback that Knight was. When you look at the stats they tell a different story. BC was a scrapy lot but no match for our size and speed. And by the way, where are my shirts???
GO DAWGS!!!

snowsnake
11-30-2002, 10:04 PM
I would also like to take the opportunity to say that I was impressed with the BC fans that I came into contact with after the game. There were no ugly comments made regarding the game or instances in the game and two Cardinal fans even offered to help carry some very heavy equipment up the east ramp for me. My hat is off to those of you that I had the fortune to encounter and thanks to the two guys for the offer for help. If you are any indication of the majority of your group then your school and athletic program is to be commended. GO DAWGS!!!

j dawg
11-30-2002, 10:43 PM
Snowsnake,

You better get a dentist appointment this
week, these victory's are tasting sweet.
Enough said Burnet you don't even compare
to B.C. program. Get your rest

Jasper49 Burnet ????? zero eek!

3ABirdMan
12-01-2002, 12:15 AM
Congratulations, Jasper Bulldogs!

A great win by a bunch of great athletes. My heart says we didn't bring our "A" game today :mad: , but my mind says it's hard to have an "A" game against a team that takes those things away :( !

I was EXTREMELY proud of our "D" for holding us in the game. I thought all-in-all, we slowed down the Dawg offense enough to win. In the end, big plays killed us - We gave 'em up, but couldn't get 'em. :confused:

Thanks for the posts about BC being weak. I don't believe we are (were) weak, just underrated. We were more successful at slowing ya'll down than the Yoe was, who everyone knows is a perennial powerhouse. In the end, I'm proud of our guys for stepping up against the size, speed, and talent deficit and not EVER giving up.

Now, go make Region III proud! :D

Jacket2000
12-01-2002, 12:52 AM
I just saw the box score from the game. Wow, Jasper completely dominated every aspect of this game! Maybe there is something to this team after all. But, their inconsistentcy worries me. Im still thinking that they may meet their match against Everman.
J2K

classof 85
12-01-2002, 08:53 AM
First of all let me say how proud I am of our boys, Coaches, School and Community. Our kids showed tons of heart and I believe Jasper knew they had been in a ballgame when the final whistle blew.
It's been great watching this group of seniors through the last 5-6 years. These guy's have done things that haven't been done around here in 30 years.
Jasper has a great football team and should win it all this year. It only gets harder as teams show your weaknesses. Jasper probably outweighed us by an average of 55-60 lbs. per man on both sides of the line. Our kids hung in and fought all night and I am very proud of that. The Big play killed us as did J's defense.
To BC's coaching staff; I've gotta say I was a bit worried when I found out they had hired coach Tarver from H-F but have been Totally impressed at the way he has taken over and didn't miss a beat.
These coaches have done a tremendous job and should be told so. Our coaching staff has been upgraded 200% over last year. Yeah I know some of the same coaches are here , but it looks like Tarver actually let you guy's coach the way you are capable of.
Coach Conway was a really nice guy and a good AD but his coaching skills were questionable at best.
Anyway enough about all this congrats on a great season and thanks for all the memories. Good luck next season to the remaining Cardinals and in the next faze of your life to all you seniors.
Good luck to Jasper the rest of the way.Show the rest of the state which region is the stongest.You guys have a great team this year use it wisely.

snowsnake
12-01-2002, 10:19 AM
Just talked to coaches who indicated that the game with Burnet will be played at Kyle field Saturday at 2:00 pm. Hope to see ya'll there.
GO DAWGS!!!

spiveyrat
12-01-2002, 10:37 AM
Jacket2000: There's been nothing inconsistent about their last four games. 156-0.

<small>[ December 01, 2002, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

sinton66
12-01-2002, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't call Jasper inconsistant at this point. But, with all due respect to Old Cardinal, Jasper will NOT score 40 on Burnet, they won't even put up the 28 they put on you guys. This game could be very close, but I'll go with Burnet for the win.

southern_thunder
12-01-2002, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the props Old Card, dont guess we were too confused in the Dome. :D

Jasper is making beleivers one game at a time. No one wants to beleive just how big, fast, and dominant Jasper really is until they step on the field with them. But thats is ok Jasper will continue one week at a time and when the dust settles on Dec. 14 the entire state will know with out a doubt just how good Jasper is.

Burnet your next!!!! (and flying in at sunrise will not help because we will be ready, you will not catch us by surprise!!!)

Jasper 35
Burnet 0

FBmania
12-01-2002, 02:43 PM
Congrats to Jasper on their win! I attended the game and was impressed as well with the size and speed of the Dawgs! Jasper's defense was terrific. I was somewhat surprised that they weren't able to just ram the ball down the field. The big plays is what killed BC, the Card's defense played well considering their opponent.

I have a couple of questions. I noticed that Jorrie Adams was limping early in the first half and it appeared to me that he struggled somewhat there after. Was he shaken up or did he sustain an injury? And also Peebles did not not play much of the 4th qtr. I noticed him limping a little but it didn't appear serious enough to keep him out of the game. How serious was his injury?

All in all it was a good defensive battle. With Jasper just too much to handle. Good luck to Jasper the rest of the way as well as all of the teams still alive in the playoffs! Congrats to BC, you guys put up a valiant effort!

JasperDog94
12-01-2002, 04:45 PM
I was more impressed with the BC fans and kids than with any team that we've played so far this year. Those kids never, and I mean never gave up. And man did they want to score at the end. They hustled and busted their butts till the very end.

It was very nice to see the fans respond the way they did. I have nothing but nice things to say to BC players and fans.

I hope to see you guys again next year. :p

Ghost_25
12-01-2002, 05:11 PM
I just want to say great job to BC. Sinton66, how can u think anyone can score against Jasper.

Chris Hart
12-01-2002, 09:14 PM
Ghost_25:
I just want to say great job to BC. Sinton66, how can u think anyone can score against Jasper.Ghost_25 and all others that say Burnet will not score on Jasper. I love my Burnet Bulldogs with all my heart, and I have also been pulling for you guys too, because of #40. But what I have to say is this, "If Burnet does not score against Jasper, I will be on here Saturday evening/night, and publicly say that Jasper is the best 3A team I have ever witnessed". I have seen a lot of 3A ball in my day, and I have yet to see one, that I feel could hold Burnet scoreless. I think a whole lot of people are going to be really surprised at Burnet. It will be a GREAT game!

BigRed01
12-01-2002, 10:16 PM
Congrats to Jasper. It really shows your character how your defense handled us. We only got in the red zone twice all night, and you shut it down. That's just excellent play. Our guys played tough and are seniors have alot to be proud of. I think we just got beat by the state champs. If your going to lose, you might as well lose to a great team. Good luck to Jasper against Burnet. I'm sure you will represent Region III well at state. All of us Cardinal fans will be pulling for "the other" SE Texas team now. Jasper 40 Burnet 0.

Old Cardinal
12-02-2002, 07:57 PM
I also came to the same conclusion 40-0 Jasper. Here is how I see it. In the Bi-District game Burnet beat Somerset 52-21 and Somerset was whipped by a score of 25-0 by LaVernia, in their own District play.! That is 3 TD's scored by Somerset. And then the Wharton team had a 7-5 season....Burnet had only a couple of shutouts all year. Jasper's whole program is characterised by shutouts. Mexia, Cameron Yoe and Bridge City are not customerly shutdown. Again I say 40-0 Jasper based on the preformance of the Burnet defense, Jasper will run roughshod over that defense, according to their record thusfar.

29x281
12-02-2002, 08:32 PM
There's some selective reasoning for you.

29x281
12-02-2002, 08:38 PM
I'll merely suggest that the Burnet defense is playing a couple of levels higher than earlier in the season.

I'm wondering, though, what are the best passing teams that Jasper has played so far?

Chris Hart
12-02-2002, 08:54 PM
If you want to look at it like that Old Card, OK. Newton scored 20 on Jasper even with their turnovers. Marlin scored 21 on Burnet, with Burnet's 3 fumbles inside their own 30 yd. line. Marlin then beat Newton 35-21, and don't bring up Newtons so called injuries against Marlin, Newton's & Marlin's own posters said they were both healthy the week of their game. Somerset scored 14 points on Burnet's subs, and Burnet beat Wharton 42-7, who would beat both Mexia & Cameron. Burnet then held Sinton to 7 points, who would stomp Mexia,Cameron and Bridge City(they proved that last year). Jasper hasn't played any team in the playoffs even as good as Wharton, and noone all year as good as Sinton(including Jesuit). Jasper has an excellent team no doubt, but they haven't played a capable opponent in the playoffs yet, they will this Saturday, and may the best team win.

spiveyrat
12-02-2002, 09:28 PM
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Jasper's schedule has nothing to do with the capability of the Jasper Bulldogs. If, in your opinion, they've played "no one", does that necessarily mean by default they will not win? For instance, of all the Div I teams still in the playoffs, I think most would agree that Everman has had the easier of the playoff schedules so far. Does that mean they wouldn't be a force to be reckoned with for either Jasper or Burnet in the championship game? &lt;&lt;&lt;Now, you Forney fans don't get uptight, I was just using that as an example thus far. I'm not counting you out.&gt;&gt;&gt; So, if indeed, Jasper has played "no one" (not my words), perhaps we haven't seen the full potential of this team yet.

No disrespect meant to Jasper's previous opponents. Jasper has played some good quality programs this year, in my opinion. I'm just giving a few on this board some food for thought.

<small>[ December 02, 2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

29x281
12-02-2002, 09:48 PM
So, what passing teams has Jasper played so far?

bulldog65
12-02-2002, 09:52 PM
I agree spiveyrat. I like what eye of the tiger said on a previous post. "I think Everman just made those teams look like pushovers, because they are that good. I think Forney is that good also. What a game this is going to be."

I really think great teams make their opponents look worse than they really are. There are 4 great teams left in D1, or they wouldn't be there. I just wish I could watch all the games.

Chris Hart
12-02-2002, 09:54 PM
I believe I said "no one as good as Sinton", not no one period. I believe the 2 best teams Jasper played were in the regular season. Is it Jasper's fault that they haven't played a serious opponent in the playoffs? The answer is no. They were just fortunate enough to play in a weak Reg.3 Div. 1 bracket. If they had been in Reg. 3 div. II, they would still be in the semi's in my opinion, but they would have played a few serious opponents by now. I agree with you, that Everman's road thus far has even been easier than Jasper's. I was not trying to knock Jasper, I was just saying, I knew all along that Jasper would not be tested until the semi's. Everman also for that matter.

spiveyrat
12-03-2002, 06:55 AM
You'll have to understand that this wasn't the first post I've seen of this kind. It gets frustrating seeing the same stuff over and over, week after week, when there isn't an ounce of logic behind it.

<small>[ December 03, 2002, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

Old Cardinal
12-03-2002, 11:53 AM
I am sorry that all of a sudden Region IV is so much stronger than Region III? That is bull! The top 10 teams in Region III Division I could beat the top 10 teams of Region IV. Historically they have been, will be, and will continue to be, stronger than Region IV. Yes every once in a while a good contender will emerge like the great team that Sinton fielded last year. Region IV is still the weakest Region of the State, and big talk cannot change that fact.

Matthew328
12-03-2002, 12:15 PM
Historically I'd say Region 3 is better than Region 4....there isn't much debate to that fact..but the past 2 years Region 4 has had a decent case at least in Div 1..I'd say overall 2 years in a row the Region 4 side of Div 1 was stronger than Region 3..but that doesn't really matter much...Jasper-Burnet will be a good game..Jasper is an awesome team..but I think people are beginning to realize how good Burnet is..

Old Cardinal
12-03-2002, 12:44 PM
Sorry,
There is no way that Region IV teams could compete up here with Region III teams, period. There programs(Region IV), on the whole trails to State, especially in Division I. Region II seems to be the next weakest, while Region III and Region I have a HOST of strong Division I teams. Facts are facts, big talk cannot change the level of the programs being exhibited.

turbostud
12-03-2002, 01:06 PM
Another thing you guys should look at is that the Rio Grande Valley hasnt had a state champ in football since the Donna Redskins won in 1961. That is also the only championship to ever come out of the RGV. The RGV also makes up a good part of Region 4. Don't count out the Port Isabel Tarpons next year. They should be strong.

Chris Hart
12-03-2002, 03:12 PM
Traditionally, I agree reg.3 is stronger than reg.4, but I agree with Matthew about reg.4 div. I being tougher the last 2 years. Last year Sinton was tested in Bi-District by Gonzales 24-14, then by Bellville for the region championship 21-13. The following week, they shutout the reg. 3 champ Bridge City 38-0, I would say that is a clear indication, that reg. 4 div. I was much better than reg.3 div.I last year. This year is still debatable, and will be settled Saturday.

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-03-2002, 06:02 PM
Old card you need to lay off the sauce. If Bridge City would have been in Burnet's district they would have not even made the playoffs. Forget about all the storied programs. You don't win championships on tradition and neither does a teams tradition make them a formidable foe. Jasper is a great team, but saturday we will see how great. For now Burnet is #1 and they should be. There are no blemishes on their record.

Old Cardinal
12-03-2002, 06:56 PM
You know awesome dog, even Gatesville scored 3 TD's on Burnet. Now they are from Region III, but they did not even win in the Brackets. In fact, Cameron Yoe that eliminated them was shutout by Jasper 42-0. I promise you, Jasper will score on you- at will. Your record shows that you have not been able to stop almost any team much less a team like Jasper!

29x281
12-03-2002, 07:22 PM
So, has Jasper played any passing teams?

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-03-2002, 07:33 PM
It is obvious old card that you don't know anything about Burnet football. Burnet starters have allowed 14 points in the last four games. Not bad when you consider one was a fluke on a deflected pass. The other against the #1 ranked team in the state. And Burnet can't help ya'll played one decent team all year. And it was not Bridge City who would have not even made playoffs in Burnet's district.

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-03-2002, 07:36 PM
It is obvious old card that you don't know anything about Burnet football. Burnet starters have allowed 14 points in the last four games. Not bad when you consider one was a fluke on a deflected pass. The other against the #1 ranked team in the state. And Burnet can't help ya'll played one decent team all year. And it was not Bridge City who would have not even made playoffs in Burnet's district.

29x281
12-03-2002, 07:41 PM
Old Card:

Do you think Burnet should publicly surrender to Jasper the way you did in your "open letter" last week before the BC game?

JHS_c/o_06'
12-03-2002, 08:23 PM
not to start nothing or something like that....yall allowed 14 points in the last 4 games ...we allowed none. Just yall you...im just stating the facts.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-03-2002, 08:26 PM
Sorry that should have been..."just like you....im just stating the facts."

j dawg
12-03-2002, 08:54 PM
To jhs 06

You sound like a aggie, You speak with great
knowledge about the game. Ha!!

Star Trekk

HotDawg89
12-03-2002, 10:37 PM
Old Card, and this fish from Jasper. . . I am tiring of reading your song about how Burnet has "allowed touchdowns against more opponents than Jasper has", this being your sound reasoning for convincing everyone on this board that Jasper will win. Our coach tends to have enough class to allow his second string an opportunity to play an obviously weaker opponent- rather than shut out a team for the glory of it all, and say, "we shut them out!" For the record, I believe we only shut out one team - Llano. A team that we could have beaten and shut out with our 3rd string.

Many of our second string kids are not as strong of athletes as our starters- true for most all teams- hence we have a first string.

You need to get over it. Burnet has a very strong team with coaches who care a great deal about the self esteem of all of their athletes, not just the ones who shine. Again- I stress that our coach wants all of his kids to play when an opportunity presents itself. There is no shame in letting the other teams score on your team. Quit kidding yourself- don't be fooled by touchdowns other teams were allowed. If we hadn't wanted anyone to score on us- they wouldn't have. (With the exception of Sinton and Marlin, we haven't seen much competition all year- and we managed to beat them. Those are really the only teams that scored on our first string.)

Good luck to Jasper this weekend. You might need it more than you think.

Go Burnet!

JHS_c/o_06'
12-03-2002, 11:04 PM
Thats funny steve.

BTW....thats Star Trek....not Trekk.

And to hotdawg89....yes, Jasper fans have mentioned the fact (many times) that jasper has allowed less points than burnet....but burnet has also mentioned (once again, many times) about your 13-0 record...granted everything good said about both teams is very impressive but come game day...they will mean nothing. Jasper is an excellent team and so is burnet. It will be a very good game. But like i said in an earlier post, its gonna come down to who wants the title "STATE CHAMPS" the most And i just think that Jasper has more speed,strength,depth,power...and most importantly the will to win this game. And we also have a second string, a very good second, not as good as 1st...but good. And both teams' fans can talk stats, predictions...and yes some trash talk (i dont think this site would be as fun without it...some comments are highly uncalled for but thats gonna happen anywhere you go). anyways this topic will come to a close about mon. and I hope that the next topic will be Jasper vs Everman/Forney.

so good luck to both teams
GO BIG RED

JASPER 28
BURNET 10

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-03-2002, 11:37 PM
About this point thing guys, lets not forget who Jasper has played in the playoffs. If Bridge City is your toughest opponent lets not pat yourself on the back too much. Jasper is a great team but if they go into this game thinking that 3 points will be enough to win. The game will be over when Burnet scores the first of a few touchdowns. Meaning no disrespect but we all should use our heads and consider these are probably the two best teams in the state. This is going to be a game that neither team will forget. Burnet 27-20