PDA

View Full Version : Does the UIL own a map?

Sittin & Fishin
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Spent all morning looking at new districts, especially old District 9-3A and Celina. I'M WONDERING IF THE UIL OWNS A MAP? They broke up the old traditional 9-3A district and created three districts that make no sense at all.

Last year, district 9-3A was Argyle, Celina, Gainesville, Prosper, Sanger, and Whitesboro. This was a six team district.

Now, Aubrey and Pilot point moved up to 3A. Celina is 7 miles from Prosper, 13 miles from Pilot Point, 15 miles from Aubrey, 28 miles from Sanger. None of them are in Celina's district.

Celina's main rival the last few years has been Prosper, they are not in the same district. Celina's biggest, long time and most storied rivalry is with Pilot Point; they are not in the same district. Aubrey is coached by GA Moore, who was the winningest coach in Celina history; they are not in the same district.

Instead, Celina has been put in a five team district with Anna, Bonham, Commerce, and Van Alstyne. Celina will travel to Bonham which is 47 miles away, and Commerce which is 66 miles away, rather than playing three rival teams less than 15 miles away.

What is even more amazing is to get to Bonham and Commerce, Celina will drive through the towns of Princeton and Farmersville who are in District 11-3A with Prosper.

Celina is now the largest school in the new district 10-3A. They went from being the second smallest school in district 9-3A to the largest school in district 10-3A. Celina will be put in Division 1 even though they only have about 500 students.

Aubrey, Celina, Gainesville, Pilot Point, Prosper, Sanger, and Whitesboro would have been a great district from a rivalry and travel standpoint. Too bad it didn't happen that way.

I wish everyone a good and injury free spring, summer (7 on 7) and fall season. Should be very interesting.

NastySlot
02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Sittin & Fishin
Spent all morning looking at new districts, especially old District 9-3A and Celina. I'M WONDERING IF THE UIL OWNS A MAP? They broke up the old traditional 9-3A district and created three districts that make no sense at all.

Last year, district 9-3A was Argyle, Celina, Gainesville, Prosper, Sanger, and Whitesboro. This was a six team district.

Now, Aubrey and Pilot point moved up to 3A. Celina is 7 miles from Prosper, 13 miles from Pilot Point, 15 miles from Aubrey, 28 miles from Sanger. None of them are in Celina's district.

Celina's main rival the last few years has been Prosper, they are not in the same district. Celina's biggest, long time and most storied rivalry is with Pilot Point; they are not in the same district. Aubrey is coached by GA Moore, who was the winningest coach in Celina history; they are not in the same district.

Instead, Celina has been put in a five team district with Anna, Bonham, Commerce, and Van Alstyne. Celina will travel to Bonham which is 47 miles away, and Commerce which is 66 miles away, rather than playing three rival teams less than 15 miles away.

What is even more amazing is to get to Bonham and Commerce, Celina will drive through the towns of Princeton and Farmersville who are in District 11-3A with Prosper.

Celina is now the largest school in the new district 10-3A. They went from being the second smallest school in district 9-3A to the largest school in district 10-3A. Celina will be put in Division 1 even though they only have about 500 students.

Aubrey, Celina, Gainesville, Pilot Point, Prosper, Sanger, and Whitesboro would have been a great district from a rivalry and travel standpoint. Too bad it didn't happen that way.

I wish everyone a good and injury free spring, summer (7 on 7) and fall season. Should be very interesting.

yeah seems like they could have made a few switches from 10 and 11..........

to 11 from 10 Celina, Van Alstyne and Anna

to 10 from 11 Farmersville, Princeton and Community

Eagle Eyes
02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
The uil sometimes does not have the sharpest knives in the drawer, if you know what I mean.:crazy: :crazy:

jason
the uil doesn't consider rivalries, past games, or strength of teams when coming up with new districts...

i know that was only part of your argument, but might as well toss it in the trash....

i have always wondered why some teams drive through towns in the same classification to play district game in towns farther away....

NateDawg39
Hmmm maybe they were trying to allow for more quality teams into the playoffs

booger
02-01-2010, 03:54 PM
To make sure Celina is always the district champ...everyone knows that!!!! Why make them work to hard.

Sittin & Fishin
02-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by booger
To make sure Celina is always the district champ...everyone knows that!!!! Why make them work to hard.

I had not considered that angle. I bet that's it. Now Celina just has to try to find 6 non district games to fill out their schedule.

3afan
02-01-2010, 05:22 PM
its about the entire state - not just Celina .... a change could ripple throughout