PDA

View Full Version : Bandera Ya Ya... I just read an old post and you are correct...

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2003, 09:25 PM
...SLPYBEAR is short for Sleepy Bear, not Slippy Bear.

:D

Sorry it took so long to catch that...

Bandera YaYa
10-13-2003, 09:38 PM
That's cool.......I'm haven't been on here all weekend, and from what I have beening reading, it's good I wasn't cuz people are really making me mad! I don't get why people have to be so smug....sorry, I am just venting.....I go on here for awhile, telling everyone "Good Luck" .....I know our team is doing really bad, but so what? I mean, it's not like I have been bad mouthing any team, so I don't know where all the damnation to BAndera is coming from....GRRRRRRR....I give up! (Thanks for letting me vent.... :) )

sinton66
10-13-2003, 10:05 PM
Or is it "Slippery Bear"? Bear on the "slippery slope"? Who in the world thought it was slippy bear? :D

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Well, Ya Ya read slpy as slippy... You see, back when I was on AOL (A-O-Hell) the only username I could get close to sleepybear was slepybear... So when I switched to my current provider, only 8 characters were allowed... and slepybear became slpybear...

Old Dog
10-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Ya Ya....don't let the jerks get to you. Lots of folks just engage their mouths (or keyboards) before they think.

The way I see it, Bandera has the newest D2 state championship trophy sitting in their trophy cabinet.....no body else! END OF CASE!

SintonFan
10-14-2003, 01:22 AM
slpybear the bullfan:
Well, Ya Ya read slpy as slippy... You see, back when I was on AOL (A-O-Hell) the only username I could get close to sleepybear was slepybear... So when I switched to my current provider, only 8 characters were allowed... and slepybear became slpybear...Did you switch to Earthlink? If you did you wouldn't regret it. :)
Also to totally remove A-hole-L, you have to have A-hole-L tech support do a walk-through that involves the registry. The only other way is to buy a new computer.

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

CatWoman
10-14-2003, 08:51 AM
YA YA - Just let it roll off. To quote a phrase my Daddy would say - some people on this board don't have sense enough to pour P$$$ out of a boot!!!! It's not fun to have a losing season, but everyone has them - few have a state championship.

PAINTBALL
10-14-2003, 09:36 AM
Bandera YaYa:
That's cool.......I'm haven't been on here all weekend, and from what I have beening reading, it's good I wasn't cuz people are really making me mad! I don't get why people have to be so smug....sorry, I am just venting.....I go on here for awhile, telling everyone "Good Luck" .....I know our team is doing really bad, but so what? I mean, it's not like I have been bad mouthing any team, so I don't know where all the damnation to BAndera is coming from....GRRRRRRR....I give up! (Thanks for letting me vent.... :) )I have not seen any post making fun of Bandara. I for one have been asking Bandara fans for some imput on the quality of Ingram's team. Most people have been predicting a blowout by Liberty Hill, but I refuse to predict because of Bandara's lopsided loss. Give us your prediction of the Liberty Hill-Ingram game.

BULLDOGFAN
10-14-2003, 10:32 AM
Yes, Ya Ya, give us your opinion.

This should be interesting....

CatWoman
10-14-2003, 10:39 AM
OK guys,quit ragging on YA YA for an Ingram/LH scouting report or prediction. It doesn't appear she wants to give one!!!!!

Bandera YaYa
10-14-2003, 10:47 AM
I don't know anything about LH...don't know if they have been winning or what. I DO know that I had heard Ingram wasn't that good and that we should have beat them. In MY opinion, they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves...I mean, there is just no solidarity (sp) on our team...I can see it, I knew it would be mentally hard to lose so many seniors and have to deal with the pressure of a repeat, for these players. Last years players would have gone to the end of the earth for one another...honestly....those guys really loved one another...still do...still get together almost every weekend...a life long bond for sure! I'd like to see LH beat Ingram, tho I shouldn't say that, since every post I read last night seemed to be a sutble dig to Bandera....the field, the "lop sided" loss, "Do I just think our team is THAT bad??", kinda remarks....gee, I take one weekend off from 3ADL and the knives are trying to find my back!! eek!
Maybe I've been too nice lately..... :rolleyes:

CatWoman
10-14-2003, 10:55 AM
Bandera YaYa:
I don't know anything about LH...don't know if they have been winning or what. I DO know that I had heard Ingram wasn't that good and that we should have beat them. In MY opinion, they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves...I mean, there is just no solidarity (sp) on our team...I can see it, I knew it would be mentally hard to lose so many seniors and have to deal with the pressure of a repeat, for these players. Last years players would have gone to the end of the earth for one another...honestly....those guys really loved one another...still do...still get together almost every weekend...a life long bond for sure! I'd like to see LH beat Ingram, tho I shouldn't say that, since every post I read last night seemed to be a sutble dig to Bandera....the field, the "lop sided" loss, "Do I just think our team is THAT bad??", kinda remarks....gee, I take one weekend off from 3ADL and the knives are trying to find my back!! eek!
Maybe I've been too nice lately..... :rolleyes: You go girl!!

Bandera YaYa
10-14-2003, 11:02 AM
CatWoman:
OK guys,quit ragging on YA YA for an Ingram/LH scouting report or prediction. It doesn't appear she wants to give one!!!!!You rock Catwoman!! I will make an observation:
I thought Ingram played a little dirty...when they were beating us so bad, it's like they were hitting us late, just barely short of getting a flag...over and over...seemed to want to really ground us into the dirt...a little too much...just my take...but they had some really big guys, I was surprised.....I think they just got a HUGE momentum going...when they got ahead and just kept going. I was shocked at how small a crowd from Ingram was at the game...we had a lot more fans show up...when I saw their fan base, I just assumed the team was doing badly...I wonder why their fan base is soooo small???? How sad! We are losing and we still have a large fan base!! Weird, huh?

The Guru
10-14-2003, 11:06 AM
I'm not quite sure how you lose a game 36-7 that you should have won, conisdering Ingram also missed two field goals.

And I guess you missed the cheap shots Bandera was giving the Ingram players, especially the Ingram QB. Ingram's unsportsman like conduct penalties were retaliation.

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: The Guru ]</small>

BULLDOGFAN
10-14-2003, 11:21 AM
Guess I am not teh only one seeing what your seeing Ya Ya. This team hasn't found itself yet.

PAINTBALL
10-14-2003, 11:25 AM
CatWoman:

Bandera YaYa:
Maybe I've been too nice lately..... :rolleyes: You go girl!!YaYa You have totally bad mouthed your own team worse then anyone else on this board and have the nerve to claim anger at those who simply want to know about Ingram. The Austin American Statesman does not give stats on either Ingram or Bandara and we in this area are totally at loss as to the type of team Ingram or Bandara have this year. Does Ingram run or pass or about equal? Does Ingram have speed in their key positions? Does Ingram's defense play fundamentally sound football, especially in their key Ends and Linebacker positions(outside and inside)? This is the information I wanted to know. So far Bandara fans are the only District team that can answer these questions. Don't be so sensitive.

slpybear the bullfan
10-14-2003, 08:53 PM
SintonFan:

slpybear the bullfan:
Well, Ya Ya read slpy as slippy... You see, back when I was on AOL (A-O-Hell) the only username I could get close to sleepybear was slepybear... So when I switched to my current provider, only 8 characters were allowed... and slepybear became slpybear...Did you switch to Earthlink? If you did you wouldn't regret it. :)
Also to totally remove A-hole-L, you have to have A-hole-L tech support do a walk-through that involves the registry. The only other way is to buy a new computer.Yeah, I have been off AOL for many many years... I went to a local ISP after that... I just switched to earthlink when I got DSL Last month... IT ROCKS!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Bandera YaYa:
Maybe I've been too nice lately..... :rolleyes: If anyone from LH had negative things to say about your loss to Ingram, I'll apologize for the entire town. I, for one, was quite surprised at the score and you are right; it is usually hard for a team to lose so many seniors, particularly when your seniors from last year left such giant shoes to be filled. We are lucky that our seniors have the same type comradery (sp?) that ours, and apparently yours, had last year. I, for one, am very proud to have the 3A D-II state champion and 3A D-I runner-up in our district. :o

BULLDOGFAN
10-14-2003, 10:25 PM
Paintball that is B.S. Ya Ya, or Shall I say Glenda, is most likely the biggest supporter bandera has, bar none.

If people only knew the good she has done for all of Bandera's kids in EVERY sport, they would be shocked. She is the ultimate supporter, never misses an event, always the first to volunteer, feeds these kids like family. All the while not having a kid that plays any of the events she goes to.

Back off unless you know her.

This has not been an easy year to go from a State Championship Team to a team that has done nothing. Half of winning it all is heart and attitude. Right now we just have kids going through the motions. It is not fun.

PAINTBALL
10-15-2003, 12:27 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
Paintball that is B.S. Ya Ya, or Shall I say Glenda, is most likely the biggest supporter bandera has, bar none.

If people only knew the good she has done for all of Bandera's kids in EVERY sport, they would be shocked. She is the ultimate supporter, never misses an event, always the first to volunteer, feeds these kids like family. All the while not having a kid that plays any of the events she goes to.

This has not been an easy year to go from a State Championship Team to a team that has done nothing. Half of winning it all is heart and attitude. Right now we just have kids going through the motions. It is not fun.Both of you have gotten personal with the kids on the Bandara team and said they lacked the heart to win. I have never said that openly about any kid on any team of Burnet, even when we were having 2-8 seasons. These kids read these post. If she is this great big fan, how do you think her post made them feel. I have now seen film of the Bandara-Ingram game. I have seen better teams then both Bandara and Ingram, but I have seen a lot worst. If I understand correctly, the Bandara kids are trying to learn a new offense under a new coach. This takes time. Don't be so hard on the kids. I promise you, both the kids and the coaches want to win as bad as you and YaYa.

SintonFan
10-15-2003, 01:28 PM
slpybear the bullfan:

SintonFan:

slpybear the bullfan:
Also to totally remove A-hole-L, you have to have A-hole-L tech support do a walk-through that involves the registry. The only other way is to buy a new computer.Yeah, I have been off AOL for many many years... I went to a local ISP after that... I just switched to earthlink when I got DSL Last month... IT ROCKS!!!slpy, did you know you still get 20 hours free dial-up with your DSL account. That means if you have a laptop you can call customer service and get a local access number almost anywhere in the US. If you go on a trip you can still get on the low. The 20 hours is yours to use any way you want. Got a second comp. set up a dial-up account if you want. Just some fyi...
http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/trave_abc/smilie_f.gif http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/trave_abc/smilie_r.gif http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/trave_abc/smilie_e.gif http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/trave_abc/smilie_e.gif is good!

slpybear the bullfan
10-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Cool!!!!

Bandera YaYa
10-15-2003, 05:53 PM
PAINTBALL:

BULLDOGFAN:

This has not been an easy year to go from a State Championship Team to a team that has done nothing. Half of winning it all is heart and attitude. Right now we just have kids going through the motions. It is not fun.Both of you have gotten personal with the kids on the Bandara team and said they lacked the heart to win. I have never said that openly about any kid on any team of Burnet, even when we were having 2-8 seasons. These kids read these post. If she is this great big fan, how do you think her post made them feel. I have now seen film of the Bandara-Ingram game. I have seen better teams then both Bandara and Ingram, but I have seen a lot worst. If I understand correctly, the Bandara kids are trying to learn a new offense under a new coach. This takes time. Don't be so hard on the kids. I promise you, both the kids and the coaches want to win as bad as you and YaYa.Hey now, I have never said anything horrible about this years team.. I have noted that I think they are under alot of pressure to perform like last year's team, and yes they are learning new plays from a new coaching staff....AND I did say that they are not playing "together" at this time.... but I'm sure they would agree...it just hasn't gel'd yet...I never said I was giving up on them...DO I think Burnet will beat us...I think so, but I don't hope so!
Maybe I was sensitive the other day, but it did seem like LH posters were making sutble cracks about us..If I misread between the lines, I'm sorry! :) I don't believe I EVER said they lacked the "heart" to win....maybe you misread between the lines, also. I just think there is too much NEW stuff going on..and that's a shame for the kids, because I KNOW they want to do well for us. Hey, I have enjoyed every game and have been there cheering them on and on...I'm a pretty big fanatic about cheering them on, BUT don't have alot of football savy....I just go and yell, yell and yell....heck, most of the time I have no idea what they are doing out there....you are by far a much better fan than I.....

Bandera YaYa
10-15-2003, 06:05 PM
PAINTBALL:

CatWoman:

Bandera YaYa:
Maybe I've been too nice lately..... :rolleyes: You go girl!!YaYa You have totally bad mouthed your own team worse then anyone else on this board and have the nerve to claim anger at those who simply want to know about Ingram. The Austin American Statesman does not give stats on either Ingram or Bandara and we in this area are totally at loss as to the type of team Ingram or Bandara have this year. Does Ingram run or pass or about equal? Does Ingram have speed in their key positions? Does Ingram's defense play fundamentally sound football, especially in their key Ends and Linebacker positions(outside and inside)? This is the information I wanted to know. So far Bandara fans are the only District team that can answer these questions. Don't be so sensitive.Ok, here goes....Yes Ingram ran fast and passes fast, their defense sounded good... and I'm not quite sure about their insides, but their outsides were bigger than I imagined! Hope this helps! :D

PAINTBALL
10-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Thanks YaYa. I was able to get a hold of a copy of the film and watched the game the other night. Good win for Ingram and a tough loss for Bandara. Ingram is a lot better team then last year. I'm going to go out on a limb and state that the Liberty Hill-Ingram game this week is not going to be the blowout everyone is predicting. It is in my humble opinion going to be a close game, and if the Ingram coaches do their jobs and give the Ingram kids the correct reads, and the kids follow their coaches' instructions, I predict a win for Ingram. They have the talent, but the kids must not take the fakes of Liberty Hill's well run wing T offense. They must make their reads and follow the blockers to the ball.

Bandera YaYa
10-15-2003, 07:44 PM
You ARE good! :D

PAINTBALL
10-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Bandera YaYa:
You ARE good! :D We'll see. If it's a blowout by The Hill, my post is going to look pretty stupid. That's the risk of making predictions.

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2003, 08:40 PM
PAINTBALL:

Bandera YaYa:
You ARE good! :D We'll see. If it's a blowout by The Hill, my post is going to look pretty stupid. That's the risk of making predictions.Aah! We all look stupid sometimes - not talking about you Paintball, but myself. But that's just the result of foot in mouth disease. (Mine, again.)

PAINTBALL
10-15-2003, 08:55 PM
LH Panther Mom:

PAINTBALL:

Bandera YaYa:
You ARE good! :D We'll see. If it's a blowout by The Hill, my post is going to look pretty stupid. That's the risk of making predictions.Aah! We all look stupid sometimes - not talking about you Paintball, but myself. But that's just the result of foot in mouth disease. (Mine, again.)What's personal about this year by the way.

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2003, 09:01 PM
PAINTBALL:

LH Panther Mom:

PAINTBALL:

Bandera YaYa:
You ARE good! :D We'll see. If it's a blowout by The Hill, my post is going to look pretty stupid. That's the risk of making predictions.Aah! We all look stupid sometimes - not talking about you Paintball, but myself. But that's just the result of foot in mouth disease. (Mine, again.)What's personal about this year by the way.Since Coach Vance arrived, each year the team has had a slogan. His first season, it was "Purple Thunder - A New Attitude"; last year it was "Purple Thunder - Unfinished Business". This year - "This Year It's Personal". Of course, you probably could've figured that one out huh? :D

Bandera YaYa
10-15-2003, 09:05 PM
I like it!

PAINTBALL
10-15-2003, 09:08 PM
I don't understand the slogan. What's personal. Do you think he was referring to their loss in the playoff's and Bandara winning State or the Burnet Game. Did the coach say what was personal about this year?