PDA

View Full Version : Sinton's District?

sinfan75
02-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Can someone post Sinton's district. Can't download the uil page for some reason.

R4Editor
02-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Aransas Pass
Goliad
Ingleside
Mathis
Rockport-Fulton
Sinton

sinfan75
02-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks. Figured Goliad would be back down south. They're like district step-children.:D

R4Editor
02-01-2010, 01:21 PM
one thing for sure is you all don't have to travel far...a good thing

maroonpirate04
02-01-2010, 01:27 PM
The Sinton Pirates are gearing up the ship for another successful but tough year:) Let's just fast forward to August and begin the season already:D Can't wait. New alignment and a new remodeled Pirate Stadium in 2010

DDBooger
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Rockport should be improved. Will make a good district.

SHSBulldog00
02-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Did the RB @ Mathis Graduate?

MUSTANG69
02-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I think Sinton has to be the pre-season favorite with Mathis in the 2nd spot. Ingleside or Rockport/Fulton takes the 3rd spot.

big daddy russ
02-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
one thing for sure is you all don't have to travel far...a good thing
No kidding. Goliad's the only real outlier for anyone, and they're barely over hour away from Ingleside, the farthest stretch between schools.

Then again, Goliad's kind of in no-man's land, sandwiched equal distances between the Cuero/Gonzales district and ours. Other than Goliad, I can't think of any other schools that are more than 45 minutes' drive (Mathis-Rockport).

First time we've had RF in the district since Dat Nguyen was playing there. Should be fun.

Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Did the RB @ Mathis Graduate?
Nope. Senior this year. I actually have them penciled in as the district favorites until I learn more about RF.

pirate4state
02-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Zero Week - OPEN :(
Week 1 @ Hondo
Week 2 @ Rio Hondo
Week 3 vs CC West Oso
Week 4 vs Robstown
Week 5 @ Orange Grove

Don't have the rest of the schedule. Will post when I get it.

GO PIRATES!!!

44INAROW
02-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Week 1 @ Hondo
Week 2 @ Rio Hondo
Week 3 vs CC West Oso
Week 4 vs Robstown
Week 5 @ Orange Grove

GO PIRATES!!!

Since the Pirates won't be playing during Open week - you could drive on up to Cuero and watch the Gobblers and the Texans (assuming the game is in Cuero - I have no idea where it is)

Sweetwater Red
02-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Since the Pirates won't be playing during Open week - you could drive on up to Cuero and watch the Gobblers and the Texans (assuming the game is in Cuero - I have no idea where it is)

I wanna know where Liberty Hill and Cuero are going to play.
Sweetwater will be in Monahans (Ouch! :( ) that week and I'll be ready for
another trip to South Texas around that time anyway. ;)

Phil C
02-01-2010, 05:58 PM
I would guess that of course Rockport is the largest school in the district followed by Ingleside.

sinfan75
02-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Rockport vs. Sinton will mighty interesting. Could be fights break out in this one. I don't know what it is, but the kids just don't like each other. The last time they played each other was the Dat Ngyuen era. Very bad blood between these 2 towns. Personally I love Rockport. Great food,bars and fishin. Fun town!!:D

pirate4state
02-01-2010, 08:33 PM
District schedule:

vs. Rockport
@ Ingleside
vs Aransas Pass
@ Mathis
vs Goliad

:)

PhiI C
02-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Week 1 @ Hondo
Week 2 @ Rio Hondo
Week 3 vs CC West Oso
Week 4 vs Robstown
Week 5 @ Orange Grove

GO PIRATES!!!

:eek: :(

I can tell right now this is going to be the toughest regular season schedule in the state. :(

ALAS! ALAS! ALAS!
SURELY THERE WILL BE HAPPIER DAYS THAN THIS!

:(

sinfan75
02-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Sinton's got a couple long hauls to make the 1st 2 weeks. Hondo will be a nice trip. I'm gonna try and reserve a "shack" on the Frio that weekend.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Rockport vs. Sinton will mighty interesting. Could be fights break out in this one. I don't know what it is, but the kids just don't like each other. The last time they played each other was the Dat Ngyuen era. Very bad blood between these 2 towns. Personally I love Rockport. Great food,bars and fishin. Fun town!!:D Jr league championship this past summer the cops had to be called in during the game between Sinton and Rockport, about 40 mins delay!

zebrablue2
02-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Jr league championship this past summer the cops had to be called in during the game between Sinton and Rockport, about 40 mins delay!

does not surprise:dispntd:

maroonpirate04
02-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Just noticed that Sinton has its old district back from 1990, the only difference is that Mathis is in Taft's place since they are no longer with us. and back then we were 29-3A and Mathis was in 30-3A.

Check out the scores from that amazing Gary Davenport era;)

Sinton 19 Taft 6
Sinton 33 Ingleside 7
Sinton 35 Aransas Pass 7
Sinton 49 Rockport Fulton 0
Sinton 35 Goliad 0

sinton66
02-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Just noticed that Sinton has its old district back from 1990, the only difference is that Mathis is in Taft's place since they are no longer with us. and back then we were 29-3A and Mathis was in 30-3A.

Check out the scores from that amazing Gary Davenport era;)

Sinton 19 Taft 6
Sinton 33 Ingleside 7
Sinton 35 Aransas Pass 7
Sinton 49 Rockport Fulton 0
Sinton 35 Goliad 0

Good ole wing-t!!!

fumanchu
02-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Why don't you post the 91 season or the 93 season? Sinton would have been at best 3rd in the same district.

truebluestang
02-02-2010, 09:00 AM
How do you figure Sinton is the favorite when Ingleside has won 3 of the last 4 district titles and finished runner-up the other year?

big daddy russ
02-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by truebluestang
How do you figure Sinton is the favorite when Ingleside has won 3 of the last 4 district titles and finished runner-up the other year?
The only two people on this thread to comment on early district favorites were two Ingleside people. Mustang69 said that he thought Sinton would be the team to beat. I said Mathis.

I can't comment on why 69 said that, but Mathis brings back Donnie Butler and a core of kids that should push the rest of the district pretty hard. They beat us and had a nice little playoff run, and there's no reason Butler shouldn't get picked up by a small school to play on Saturdays.

On top of that, both us and Sinton lost our QB's to graduation--and both were key parts of the team. I know the McHugh boys come back along with Fabacher and maybe Perez, so we'll be good, but we're still taking a step back from where we were last year.

truebluestang
02-02-2010, 11:38 AM
That is what they have said for the past few years. Ingleside still gets no respect.
Let me remind you:

2006- 5-0 District Champs
2007- 5-0 District Champs
2008- 5-2 District Runner-Up
2009- 6-1 District Champs (Tri, but would have won on pts)

MUSTANG69
02-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The only two people on this thread to comment on early district favorites were two Ingleside people. Mustang69 said that he thought Sinton would be the team to beat. I said Mathis.

I can't comment on why 69 said that, but Mathis brings back Donnie Butler and a core of kids that should push the rest of the district pretty hard. They beat us and had a nice little playoff run, and there's no reason Butler shouldn't get picked up by a small school to play on Saturdays.

On top of that, both us and Sinton lost our QB's to graduation--and both were key parts of the team. I know the McHugh boys come back along with Fabacher and maybe Perez, so we'll be good, but we're still taking a step back from where we were last year.

I said Sinton is the favorite because we lost our whole backfield. Besides Brian Hull (QB) we lost Fabacher and Perez. Both of them were seniors. There is a lot of talent coming up from the JV but they will be very young and inexperienced. Believe me, I would love to be wrong and see Ingleside win the district.

I picked Sinton over Mathis with a coin flip. Really couldn't make a reasonable decision.

Phil C
02-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I said Sinton is the favorite because we lost our whole backfield. Besides Brian Hull (QB) we lost Fabacher and Perez. Both of them were seniors. There is a lot of talent coming up from the JV but they will be very young and inexperienced. Believe me, I would love to be wrong and see Ingleside win the district.

Hey MUSTANG69 any news on whether Fabacher will be going to college. I hope he gets a scholarship offer. In the game we played he was the one that really impressed me not that there were not other good players but he really stood out to me. I hope a school offers him one.

swarm
02-02-2010, 12:19 PM
If I remember right this year SINTON lost in the Reg. finals.

Inglside did what? LOL

MUSTANG69
02-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey MUSTANG69 any news on whether Fabacher will be going to college. I hope he gets a scholarship offer. In the game we played he was the one that really impressed me not that there were not other good players but he really stood out to me. I hope a school offers him one.

Haven't heard anything yet. My wife is a substitute teacher and she hasn't said she has heard any rumors. I'll ask her to question him and see if he is going to college. She told me Brian Hull (QB) has had several offers but he will not say what schools they are from. She asked him and he said he hasn't made his mind up. The rumor around school is that one offer is from a well known football university. If I hear anything I will let you know.

MUSTANG69
02-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by swarm

Inglside did what? LOL

Ingleside lost to Cuero in the third round of Division I playoffs. Oh, Ingleside also beat Sinton in district. I hope your memory has been refreshed.

pirate4state
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
That is what they have said for the past few years. Ingleside still gets no respect.
Let me remind you:

2006- 5-0 District Champs
2007- 5-0 District Champs
2008- 5-2 District Runner-Up
2009- 6-1 District Champs (Tri, but would have won on pts)

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Probably cause yall sucked alot longer, than yall of have been decent. Sinton HAS tradition, Ingleside is trying to be where Sinton has always been. :) We understand.

Now that the seniors have graduated we'll see what the program is all about. Unless of course the coach leaves for greener pastures.

truebluestang
02-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Ingleside has replaced Sinton as the dominant team in this district and I do not see that changing anytime soon. 21-3 record in district the past four years says it all and one of the losses this past year was controversial. Ingleside will continue rolling. I hear their off-season is going great. McHugh twins, Barajas, Tyler Hernandez (out last year), Thomas Montgomery, Justin Garcia, Robert Garibay will make sure next year is another good one in era of new tradition.

SintonFan
02-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Early thought on playoff teams for 2010 in no particular order:
Sinton
Ingleside
Mathis/Rockport a tossup

SintonFan_inAustin
02-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Will Carson Cave return to being a QB? he did start against Ingleside his freshman year 3 seasons ago and rotated series his sophmore year.

SintonFan
02-02-2010, 11:27 PM
One more thing...
THREE PIRATES in one district?:eek:

SFiA, I thought there was talk that he was the "QB to be" for 2010. The offense would have to be a bit different, if so. Maybe he has been working on his passing skills?
I hope he just get's healthy again, period.
That was a bad injury and let's hope the best for him.:)

IHStangFan
02-02-2010, 11:48 PM

Inglside did what? LOL played Cuero...while Sinton played who in the first 2 rounds?! :D

Had to man. Sorry.

pirate4state
02-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Ingleside has replaced Sinton as the dominant team in this district and I do not see that changing anytime soon. 21-3 record in district the past four years says it all and one of the losses this past year was controversial. Ingleside will continue rolling. I hear their off-season is going great. McHugh twins, Barajas, Tyler Hernandez (out last year), Thomas Montgomery, Justin Garcia, Robert Garibay will make sure next year is another good one in era of new tradition. LOL okay dude.

pirate4state
02-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Will Carson Cave return to being a QB? he did start against Ingleside his freshman year 3 seasons ago and rotated series his sophmore year. As long as he stays healthy, I think he is the starting QB.

fumanchu
02-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Sinton/Mathis/Ingleside/Rockport- 4 way tie for first....Goliad & A.P. well, they could be tied too...

Mpiratefan_2009
02-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Everyone once again please discard Mathis from being any good. If you are going to make a point for anyone, Mathis beat Ingleside, and was beating Sinton 28-3 and had a complete meltdown. Anyone that was at the game knows the ball bounced all the wrong way for Mathis. Thats alright though, Im sure they like being underdogs. And to answer the question about is the running back returning, yes, the whole backfield is back. 3 sophs and 1 junior last year I believe. Young and another year under their belts. I don't know how many offensive linemen they return. Good luck to everyone in district, but don't worry about Mathis please, they will just be trying to win a game!

Mpiratefan_2009
02-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Oh and one more thing, Im tired of hearing that the win over Ingleside was controversial. There is nothing to question about a kid coming up short of the goal line. The official was standing right there, and made the correct call. But of course, some people in Ingleside have to be poor sports and cry about it. Yeah it was a tough one to lose for either team, but the call on the field was correct, leave it at that. End of controversy!

Blastoderm55
02-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Mathis returns its QB, TB, HB, FB, TE, a couple of swingmen in the rotation and an OT. On defense, they return two LB, I think 2 on the DL, and 2 in the secondary.

big daddy russ
02-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I said Sinton is the favorite because we lost our whole backfield. Besides Brian Hull (QB) we lost Fabacher and Perez. Both of them were seniors. There is a lot of talent coming up from the JV but they will be very young and inexperienced. Believe me, I would love to be wrong and see Ingleside win the district...
Gotcha. I thought they were both juniors.

And I hope we're both wrong. :D

Inglside did what? LOL
We lost in the Regional Finals.

Originally posted by Mpiratefan_2009
Oh and one more thing, Im tired of hearing that the win over Ingleside was controversial. There is nothing to question about a kid coming up short of the goal line. The official was standing right there, and made the correct call. But of course, some people in Ingleside have to be poor sports and cry about it. Yeah it was a tough one to lose for either team, but the call on the field was correct, leave it at that. End of controversy!
Every town will have those people. Just ignore them. Ya'll forced turnovers and punched the ball in when it mattered. Wasn't it Bill Belicheck who said that stats are for losers, the scoreboard's for winners?

There's a reason I picked ya'll as the team to beat in district. You have a hell of a team.

SintonFan
02-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

There's a reason I picked ya'll as the team to beat in district. You have a hell of a team.

I'm pretty big on Mathis too. Heck, after seeing who they have coming back, they could very well be district favorites. That new coach has them playing well.
and that was his first year...:nerd:

pirate4state
02-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ Every town will have those people. Just ignore them. Ya'll forced turnovers and punched the ball in when it mattered. Wasn't it Bill Belicheck who said that stats are for losers, the scoreboard's for winners? bahahahahaha this cracks me up :devil:

Oh and Mpirate...Sinton had something to do with yalls meltdown ;) Take your own advice and move on. :)

Blastoderm55
02-03-2010, 11:35 PM
09 Roster. 17 Letterman returning. (http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/14CZ2HOERkaWMn9HEDuuPQ/mathis-pirates/football/roster.htm)

The JV went either 8-2 or 9-1, from what I'm told, and they should provide some size on the O-line that was really lacking last season. #44 Ricky Garza also returns on defense after missing part of his junior season with an injury. He was district newcomer of the year at DT as a freshman.

fumanchu
02-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Are you talking about Mathis' record or Sinton- I didn't think Sinton's JV did that well...Who is the Coach at Mathis and where did he come from? Is coach Struabe still there?

pirate4state
02-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by fumanchu
Are you talking about Mathis' record or Sinton- I didn't think Sinton's JV did that well...Who is the Coach at Mathis and where did he come from? Is coach Struabe still there? He is talking about Mathis' JV.

Sinton's JV won like 2 games and that was once they moved some freshman up at the end. We have plenty skill players returning and all but one of our O-line returning. Will have some holes to fill defensively, but we have more coming back than most people realize. :)

SintonPirateFan
02-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Rockport vs. Sinton will mighty interesting. Could be fights break out in this one. I don't know what it is, but the kids just don't like each other. The last time they played each other was the Dat Ngyuen era. Very bad blood between these 2 towns. Personally I love Rockport. Great food,bars and fishin. Fun town!!:D

i remember in basketball in '94 (Nguyen's senior year...right before they moved up to 4A----Also, the first year Sinton made it to the final four) district game in Rockport went to overtime...the bleachers nearly cleared several times.

come to think of it, i think that was Senior night for Rockport...i remember Dat standing out there with his dad..TOWERING over him..

seems weird seeing this district without taft or odem in it.

and goliad....falfurrias... either way, it's a long drive for a win. but goliad IS a nicer drive. surprised to see Fal dropped to 2A--they should be good in baseball down there.

sorry for the rambling, but i've been reading these posts for 2 days now, and they disabled me making posts at work.