PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 35-Llano 0

Chris Hart
10-11-2002, 10:16 PM
Burnet led 28-0 at halftime. Burnet scored on their first offensive play of the game. Burnet came out and scored again early in the 3rd. to lead 35-0. Then Burnet put in the reserves who played really well, but couldn't get into the endzone. They got inside the Llano 5 yd. line twice in the 4th quarter but couldn't punch it in. Defense played GREAT tonight(finally).

Burnet- 233 rushing yds., 211 passing yds.

Llano- 101 total yds.

Way to go Bulldogs!

<small>[ October 11, 2002, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

eye of the tiger
10-11-2002, 10:28 PM
Bulldogs continue to roll. Nice win for sure

CentralTxFan
10-11-2002, 10:42 PM
Great win for Burnet. Congrats dawgs!!! Has anyone heard the other district games outcomes? Curious about the Liberty Hill/Wimberley game.

bigdawg06
10-11-2002, 10:58 PM
umm liberty hill beat wimberley 22-?? don't remember wimberley score

Old Cardinal
10-11-2002, 11:44 PM
Congratulations to the Burnet Bulldogs!

coach'skid32
10-12-2002, 07:53 AM
Bring on Bandera!! :mad:

BurnetDawg
10-12-2002, 07:31 PM
Lets go dogs!! all the way to state baby! yeah y'all played AWESOME!!! after what Llano did to our school saying they are gonna win, well llano...STICK THAT IN UR PIPE AND SMOKE IT! luv ya dawgs!

FBmania
10-13-2002, 05:15 AM
Good job Burnet Buldogs!

lildawg07
10-13-2002, 06:36 PM
Hey great win for the DAWGS! Beat Bandera next week!!!

Old Dog
10-13-2002, 08:45 PM
Proud of the Dogs! Glad to see so many different receivers involved. Defense very aggressive. The offensive line still not playing up to their capability. QB should not be running for his life on every play.

bd0707
10-14-2002, 08:50 AM
Old Dog, I think you and I are the only ones on this board week in and week out that recognize a problem with the offensive line. I just don't get it, they are big enough, strong enough, and fast enough. I still think it is a question of intensity. You can bet that the rest of Burnets district opponnents have picked up on this apparent weakness. It does not bode well for playoffs. I would hate to see this team running strong on 7 of 8 cylinders have their post season cut short by a problem that most Burnet fans posting on this board seem to think will "work itself out". When it does come together I will be the first on this board to recognize it. One other question for Burnet fans, does anyone have any idea how many times Burnet has been penalized for delay of game due to sideline coaching with less than ten seconds on the play clock? I know this has occured at least once a game.

Chris Hart
10-14-2002, 10:41 AM
I for one have noticed the O-line's problem since game one, and they still haven't showed much improvement. I tried to chalk it up to playing some great competition in pre-district, but it didn't improve any against Llano. We all know that with time to throw, McGee could disect almost any secondary in the state. The O-line is not only big and talented enough to be good, they should Dominate. I hope it gets fixed quick too. It scares me come playoff time also.

Go Bulldogs!

spaniard
10-14-2002, 02:33 PM
chris, i agree with you. we both know that the line needs to wake up and fulfill their blocking assignments. and it is scary to think that we may not make it very far in the playoffs bc of missed assignments and such. keep your heads up guys, and work hard.

greendog fan
10-14-2002, 04:20 PM
I dont think ya,ll are the only one that know we have a problem with our o line. I also have noticed it from game one. I have 2 kinfolks that play on the o line and what is bad their parnets think they are doing a great job. Ithink one of them is doing fair, the other one is doing terrible. I think Bandera will show or weakness on the o line this Friday and the rest of the teams in district will pick up on it. We need to watch out for Liberty Hill this year. I think they are for real aND WE SHOULD NOT TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED. As for the delay of game penitlys, we are getting to many of them. I think we got 3 against Llano. I agree with who ever said who has the least turnovers will win Friday night.

greendog fan
10-14-2002, 04:21 PM
I dont think ya,ll are the only one that know we have a problem with our o line. I also have noticed it from game one. I have 2 kinfolks that play on the o line and what is bad their parnets think they are doing a great job. Ithink one of them is doing fair, the other one is doing terrible. I think Bandera will show or weakness on the o line this Friday and the rest of the teams in district will pick up on it. We need to watch out for Liberty Hill this year. I think they are for real aND WE SHOULD NOT TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED. As for the delay of game penitlys, we are getting to many of them. I think we got 3 against Llano. I agree with who ever said who has the least turnovers will win Friday night.

greendog fan
10-14-2002, 04:21 PM

Pandora
10-15-2002, 12:41 AM
Granted, there are problems with the offensive line. In the Llano game however, the quarterback was hurried as many times by defenders who were suppose to be picked up by the backs as the offensive line. Many times the backs made a half-hearted attempt to block the oncoming defenders, or they would just as often run by the defenders as to try and hit them. On several occasions it appeared that either the play was misunderstood in the huddle, or the quarterback ran the wrong direction, away from his blockers. Until the offense can play together as a team, and gain the intensity they had at the first of the season, they will continue to struggle. Also, remember that several weeks ago, it was the Burnet defense that could not do anything right. As for the delay of game penalties, there are more factors involved in getting them than just the “sideline” coaching. There seems that there is quite a bit of changing going on in the offensive plays once the players get to the line. Surely there are several factors that contribute to these penalties, and I hope for the sake of the Bulldogs that all of these factors are being addressed. Just an observation from the bleachers…

Old Dog
10-15-2002, 11:44 PM
Pandora, love the name! You made some good points, although it gives us more to fret about. Do you think the system is very demanding or maybe just a loss of consentration? You seem to have given this some serious deep thought. I had thought prior to the open date, that the high caliber of competition had worn the boys down a bit, but against Llano they still didn't have the snap of earlier games.

CentralTxFan
10-16-2002, 05:20 PM
Old dog, bd, chris, spaniard...I too have mentioned noticing a problem with the o-line. I also got reemed about it. So now I am keeping my opinions to myself. I still read the boards, and post occasionally but other than that I will keep my "mouth" shut. I love the Bulldogs. I wish them nothing but the best. I hope they go far but I still think there are issues that need to be addressed. We have a tough district and an even tougher playoff schedule WHEN we get there. I would absolutely love to see this group of kids go far. They are all exceptional athletes. I think this is the best bulldog team I have seen in 3 or 4 years. Again, good luck Burnet. One down only 4 to go!!!

Keith7
10-16-2002, 07:20 PM
Llano got tehy butts whooped