PDA

View Full Version : RIV...

R4Editor
02-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Key departures… La Grange, Sealy, Bellville, Brookshire Royal and even Edna needs to be thrown in that group… all except Bellville won playoff games last year and we all know what Bellville did the year before.

Key additions…Liberty Hill certainly jumps out…if they can bounce back from last year’s disappointing season. In D30 watch for Rockport Fulton to make a playoff run. With Sinton, Ingleside, Mathis and already there, someone is staying home this year.

D28 looks good, but Yoakum was senior laden and La Vernia had a lot of key seniors as well. Gonzales will probably be better and Edna would have had an impact on this district had they not dropped. Still looks like the Gobblers rule this roost.

In 27 looks like Somerset just took Bandera’s place which should soften things up a bit for Devine, Hondo and the others.

Palacios for Stafford and Brookshire is a trade the rest of 29 is happy to make.

More later on…

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Hidalgo moving up to 4A also took us by surprise as well as Lyford remaining in 3A. We already had a feeling though that Lyford and Raymondville were going to be in D31 so that wasn't a real shock there.

R4Editor
02-01-2010, 11:24 AM
...with the filling of all districts, no more byes…a great thing to see.

Look for D30 to have a little tougher time making deep runs as now they go north in the first round instead of south...no offense to anyone down south but recent history doesn't lie...and 29 has to be the happiest of the bunch seeing old D25 leave the region...I look for a team out of 29 to compete for a region title...

ziggy29
02-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by R4Editor
Probably the best thing that came out of this realignment unless you're a Celina fan. :)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Hmm, getting a chance to play Sweeny or Wharton in the 2nd round.....a nice change of pace. I kinda like it. I know PI owes Sweeny one from a good long while ago.

Hopefully PI returns to their winning ways now that the "tradition killer" class is graduating in May.

lvbears32
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
D28 looks good, but Yoakum was senior laden and La Vernia had a lot of key seniors as well. More later on…

Dont be surprised if La Vernia bounces back. i think were gunna be sronger than last year and a lot more athletic

big daddy russ
02-01-2010, 06:23 PM

Look for D30 to have a little tougher time making deep runs as now they go north in the first round instead of south...no offense to anyone down south but recent history doesn't lie...and 29 has to be the happiest of the bunch seeing old D25 leave the region...I look for a team out of 29 to compete for a region title...
No doubt. I know that both Ingleside and Sinton lost quite a bit, but I'm expecting big things out of Mathis this year. I look for Mathis be as good as Ingleside and Sinton were this past season.

On another note, how do Needville and Sweeny look going into '10? They've been the district's horses for a few years now, figured they'd be the two fighting it out.

BRfalconfan
02-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
No doubt. I know that both Ingleside and Sinton lost quite a bit, but I'm expecting big things out of Mathis this year. I look for Mathis be as good as Ingleside and Sinton were this past season.

On another note, how do Needville and Sweeny look going into '10? They've been the district's horses for a few years now, figured they'd be the two fighting it out.

Sweeny wins unless needville pulls a miracle

SHSBulldog00
02-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Sweeny's class of 2010 has only lost 3 games since they began playing in 7th grade.