Bullaholic
02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
2011 District 7-3A:

Bridgeport
Decatur
FW Castleberry
Lake Worth
Mineral Wells

I like it. 5-team district. Short travels from Bridgeport. Mineral Wells and Decatur both have bigger enrollments.

BullsFan
02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Does this mean we get another bye in round 1--assuming we make the playoffs, I mean. Because honestly I don't like the bye. I think it throws you off stride and can cause a loss of momentum. If you're building up a big head of steam as we usually do, then that bye week can sure let it out.

Bullaholic
02-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Does this mean we get another bye in round 1--assuming we make the playoffs, I mean. Because honestly I don't like the bye. I think it throws you off stride and can cause a loss of momentum. If you're building up a big head of steam as we usually do, then that bye week can sure let it out.

You can rest easy, BullsFan---no byes---no blank districts this alignment.

BullsFan
02-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You can rest easy, BullsFan---no byes---no blank districts this alignment.

Oooh yeah, I'd forgotten it was empty district 6 that gave us the last one. Thanks, Bullaholic! You made my day! :clap:

NateDawg39
02-01-2010, 12:19 PM
The Rams and Bulls have had some epic battles the past few years. Id say they fight for 1st place here

Bullaholic
02-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
The Rams and Bulls have had some epic battles the past few years. Id say they fight for 1st place here

Dang, you giving up that easy already, Nate?...:D

I do like the Bull's chances in this district, however...

5wide
02-01-2010, 12:26 PM
i don't.. i think decatur wakes up and bport goes back to our little beatin drum!! :)

NateDawg39
02-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Dang, you giving up that easy already, Nate?...:D

I do like the Bull's chances in this district, however... lol oh no not giving up, but I think Decatur can make the playoffs here with no problems. I like the travel situation to

BullsFan
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
I think Decatur stands a good chance at making the playoffs....so long as three teams go into postseason and Lake Worth lays down and plays dead. :p

On a more serious note, it's been a while but I do not remember being impressed when playing at Castleberry before. Any chance they've acquired a new stadium since the last time we played them? Or am I remembering the wrong team?

NateDawg39
02-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I think Decatur stands a good chance at making the playoffs....so long as three teams go into postseason and Lake Worth lays down and plays dead. :p

On a more serious note, it's been a while but I do not remember being impressed when playing at Castleberry before. Any chance they've acquired a new stadium since the last time we played them? Or am I remembering the wrong team? they had a pretty rough stadium. Not sure if they have a new one.

NateDawg39
02-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Have not seen an official Decatur schedule but rumor has it that Gainesville and possibly Aubrey are on it. Who knows....

NateDawg39
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Mineral Wells
Decatur
Lake Worth
Bridgeport
Castleberry

;) Bridgeport can't stop the Frogs in a high scoring affair and miss 2 XP's in the process

BullsFan
02-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Mineral Wells
Decatur
Lake Worth
Bridgeport
Castleberry

;) Bridgeport can't stop the Frogs in a high scoring affair and miss 2 XP's in the process

Dude, that was COLD....missing XPs are still the stuff of Bridgeport nightmares. ;)

Bridgeport preseason schedule:

8/14/10 Scrimmage Bridgeport, Argyle, and Byron Nelson @ Northwest
8/19/10 Scrimmage Celina

8/27/10 Glen Rose
9/3/10 Burkburnett
9/10/10 Springtown
9/17/10 Prosper
9/24/10 Alvarado
10/1/10 Graham

I'd call that a fairly tough preseason schedule.
/understatement

Bullaholic
02-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Mineral Wells
Decatur
Lake Worth
Bridgeport
Castleberry

Funny you should say this, Nate. The Bulls beat LW in a 4OT thriller a few years back.

NateDawg39
02-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Funny you should say this, Nate. The Bulls beat LW in a 4OT thriller a few years back. Years are a long time Ken ;)

Bullaholic
02-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Years are a long time Ken ;)

Yes, and when you have accumulated enough of them you will cease being a silly, flat-bellied ,blue-and-white weedhopper.....:D

NateDawg39
02-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Yes, and when you have accumulated enough of them you will cease being a silly, flat-bellied ,blue-and-white weedhopper.....:D In the words of John Wayne "Thatll be the day" ;)

mwrams
02-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Mineral Wells returns their QB and RB. They beat Bridgeport and Glen Rose last year and gave 4A State Champ Aledo a very hard fought game for 3 qtrs. They could be the odds on pick.