i call it

gatordaze
02-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
i call it

Probably go D1 each year as well

marler1972
02-01-2010, 10:51 AM
That is what it is looking like and a first round matchup with Argyle.

charlesrixey
02-01-2010, 10:53 AM
i hate that they don't post the enrollment numbers yet

don't know yet that Celina is the largest.

i really would have preferred to keep Prosper in district, but hopefully we will play them, Aubrey and PP in pre-district. THAT would be a throwback, especially now with Anna and VA again. It's been more than a decade since those two were in our district.

gatordaze
02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

i really would have preferred to keep Prosper in district, but hopefully we will play them, Aubrey and PP in pre-district. THAT would be a throwback, especially now with Anna and VA again. It's been more than a decade since those two were in our district.
Can you imagine Prosper going D2 and Celina going D1? Lovejoy will go D1 from District 11

Rabbit'93
02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
way to go out on a limb

marler1972
02-01-2010, 11:00 AM

Tenative sched,
0- Car Ranchview
1-?
2-Pilot Point
3- Melissa
4-Paris
5- Fw Castleberry

ziggy29
02-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Wow, Celina just got it giftwrapped and with a bow on top.

charlesrixey
02-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by marler1972
Tenative sched,
0- Car Ranchview
1-?
2-Pilot Point
3- Melissa
4-Paris
5- Fw Castleberry

thanks much, marler.

do you think they will get a private school to fill the spot?

Melissa is a good choice as they are an up-and-comer that has performed consistently in 2A and for sure will be in 3A soon (surprised they weren't already) and possibly in our district in 2012.

Paris is another good one, to whet our appetites before district.

I have a gut feeling PP is going to step back a bit more than they expect, but as i have stated elsewhere their mojo seems to be returning.

marler1972
02-01-2010, 11:18 AM
thanks much, marler.

do you think they will get a private school to fill the spot?

Melissa is a good choice as they are an up-and-comer that has performed consistently in 2A and for sure will be in 3A soon (surprised they weren't already) and possibly in our district in 2012.

Paris is another good one, to whet our appetites before district.

I have a gut feeling PP is going to step back a bit more than they expect, but as i have stated elsewhere their mojo seems to be returning.

Have not heard about a private school.

BILLYFRED0000
02-01-2010, 11:29 AM

I think Bonham and Commerce are larger but not sure. Bonham is a city twice the size of Celina. And commerce without the college pop is larger than prosper.

bobcat4life
02-01-2010, 11:32 AM
I think either Prosper or Aubrey fills the last gap in the schedule

marler1972
02-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I think Bonham and Commerce are larger but not sure. Bonham is a city twice the size of Celina. And commerce without the college pop is larger than prosper.

Just heard we are the biggest

MoveInDad
02-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I think either Prosper or Aubrey fills the last gap in the schedule

I agree, be shame not play Prosper, for the rivalry and the distance to travel.

marler1972
02-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Hearing Graham being thrown around

sic'em
02-01-2010, 11:51 AM
A REALLY bad team is going to make the playoffs in District 10.

PHOP
02-01-2010, 11:56 AM
UIL rewarded them with a district worthy of their performance. I am sure they are happy that Prosper is out of the picture.

:stirpot:

marler1972
02-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by PHOP
UIL rewarded them with a district worthy of their performance. I am sure they are happy that Prosper is out of the picture.

We could always meet in the playoffs. That is if Lovejoy does not make the playoffs.

gatordaze
02-01-2010, 12:04 PM

WAIT FOR IT WAIT FOR IT...

And Celina was scared to schedule Prosper pre-district! This will be the refrain until we meet again

MoveInDad
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PHOP
[B]UIL rewarded them with a district worthy of their performance. I am sure they are happy that Prosper is out of the picture.

Unless Proper's pre-season schedule is already set, a week 1 match-up may be in the cards... shame not give Prosper the opportunity to even the score. I believe its 27 wins out of 29 played vs Prosper.

Twirling Time
02-01-2010, 12:24 PM

Commerce is about where VA is — barely stayed in 3A. I thought Celina was 543 and Bonham in the 580s, but I don't have that handy. I wish the UIL would put the numbers with the names.

marler1972
02-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Could change but here it is

0- Car Ranchview
1-Prestonwood
2-Pilot Point
3- Melissa
4-Paris
5- Fw Castleberry

marler1972
02-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Commerce is about where VA is — barely stayed in 3A. I thought Celina was 543 and Bonham in the 580s, but I don't have that handy. I wish the UIL would put the numbers with the names.

We are over 560

Twirling Time
02-01-2010, 12:28 PM
I actually think this district hurts Celina in a way. Four cupcakes at the end of the year isn't a good way to build playoff momentum with Argyle likely looming in Week 11. Back in the 2A days they had cupcakes too, but at least they also had Pilot Point (and for a couple of years, Argyle).

marler1972
02-01-2010, 12:29 PM

I am just going on what I heard coach ford say on Bobcast.

gatordaze
02-01-2010, 12:32 PM
I actually think this district hurts Celina in a way. Four cupcakes at the end of the year isn't a good way to build playoff momentum with Argyle likely looming in Week 11. Back in the 2A days they had cupcakes too, but at least they also had Pilot Point (and for a couple of years, Argyle).

I agree, but historically the JV has been pretty salty maybe we just scrimmage ourselves to get ready!!;-)

BILLYFRED0000
02-01-2010, 12:48 PM

Well I thought that Bonham was close to 600 but did not know what we were posting. i just assumed we would be under bonham. But Bonham has not produced a good team in a while. I still think they could finish third in this district. I would think VA and us would be one and two but the rest of the district is even.

BILLYFRED0000
02-01-2010, 12:50 PM

Yes and no. It allows us to work on execution on offense and show very little on o or d for other teams to prepare for. And it should allow our teams to be fresher with less injury issues if we can pull guys out and rest them.

charlesrixey
02-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PHOP
[B]UIL rewarded them with a district worthy of their performance. I am sure they are happy that Prosper is out of the picture.

Unless Proper's pre-season schedule is already set, a week 1 match-up may be in the cards... shame not give Prosper the opportunity to even the score. I believe its 27 wins out of 29 played vs Prosper.

I'm pretty sure the overall record is in the neighborhood of 27-6

Celina had won almost 20 straight until last year.

If anyone thinks Celina is afraid to play Prosper that is just silly. Prosper is a great team and Celina is as well, and both will do fine in their new homes. They still might play each other in the regular season (almost certainly in the playoffs if they both make it).

MoveInDad
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM

If anyone thinks Celina is afraid to play Prosper that is just silly. Prosper is a great team and Celina is as well, and both will do fine in their new homes. They still might play each other in the regular season (almost certainly in the playoffs if they both make it).

If the enrollment figures that have been talked about are correct, Celina goes D1 whiel Posper goes into D2... go figure!

Sittin & Fishin
02-01-2010, 01:31 PM

in the playoffs, Celina will be division 1 and Prosper will be Division 2 behind Lovejoy's enrollment numbers. Can you believe that?

charlesrixey
02-01-2010, 01:32 PM

I disagree ;)

Celina only had one competitive game in district most years from 1995-2007, either PP, gunter, Gainesville, prosper and then argyle (going chronologically). Only in the last two years has there been three possibilities for the district title, whether they were in 3A or 2A.

Given Celina's schedule the last two years, vs. the previous 15, the proof is in the pudding. I think Prosper and Argyle's rises, respectively, have played a large part in it, but i don't think one can say that most district years were particularly tough for more than one game until 2008.

Having two quality-deep playoff contenders in the same district with Celina is huge, rather than just having one.

If Celina gets to district play with no losses, they can build on that momentum towards the playoffs. It certainly didn't hurt in any of their state title runs.

ctown
02-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Looks like Celina is the biggest school in the district. Pretty whack to go big school with under 570 kids in a bracket from 430-989. Whole lot closer to the bottom than the top. Oh well. Likely wont play Prosper at all in playoffs if Lovejoy is larger enrollment.

charlesrixey
02-01-2010, 01:35 PM

lol

that would be like saying that Celina's easy district schedule from 1995-2007 (which included 11-0 against Prosper) was a result of playoff non-success. Prosper may be jealous, wondering why they couldn't join 10-3A, but i don't imagine too many folks in celina would be concerned if they were :rolleyes:

ctown
02-01-2010, 01:36 PM
UIL obviously wanting to make a case study for breaking down 3A divs like 1A and 2a before the season even starts with the small enrollments in our district.

Sittin & Fishin
02-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I disagree ;)

Celina only had one competitive game in district most years from 1995-2007, either PP, gunter, Gainesville, prosper and then argyle (going chronologically). Only in the last two years has there been three possibilities for the district title, whether they were in 3A or 2A.

Given Celina's schedule the last two years, vs. the previous 15, the proof is in the pudding. I think Prosper and Argyle's rises, respectively, have played a large part in it, but i don't think one can say that most district years were particularly tough for more than one game until 2008.

Having two quality-deep playoff contenders in the same district with Celina is huge, rather than just having one.

If Celina gets to district play with no losses, they can build on that momentum towards the playoffs. It certainly didn't hurt in any of their state title runs.

According to the Celina Bobcasts radio show interviews this morning, Celina's Division 1 playoff oponents will most likely be Argyle or Sanger, Lovejoy, Gilmer, Wylie, then on to State. That is a very, very tough playoff schedule. Celina will need to get through the regular season with no major injuries to be ready for that playoff run.

MoveInDad
02-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Sittin & Fishin
According to the Celina Bobcasts radio show interviews this morning, Celina's Division 1 playoff oponents will most likely be Argyle or Sanger, Lovejoy, Gilmer, Wylie, then on to State. That is a very, very tough playoff schedule. Celina will need to get through the regular season with no major injuries to be ready for that playoff run.

For somebody that's just Sittin and Fishin, you sure are getting ahead of yourself ;0)

charlesrixey
02-01-2010, 01:46 PM

I agree with you 100%

that's where i think the new schedule helps most. let's be honest, Bonham and Commerce have been very weak for nearly a decade, and Anna is Anna. I do think Anna may have something brewing up there, but overall Celina should be thankful they have their toughest games early

Which they will, since as you have said the playoffs will be loaded.

Sittin & Fishin
02-01-2010, 01:51 PM
For somebody that's just Sittin and Fishin, you sure are getting ahead of yourself ;0)

I wasn't already predicting Celina will go to state, I was just spelling out the playoff road to get there as per the talk show this morning. It is an extremely tough playoff schedule!

By the way, it's too cold to fish today.

ctown
02-01-2010, 01:57 PM
I agree with you 100%

that's where i think the new schedule helps most. let's be honest, Bonham and Commerce have been very weak for nearly a decade, and Anna is Anna. I do think Anna may have something brewing up there, but overall Celina should be thankful they have their toughest games early

Which they will, since as you have said the playoffs will be loaded.

Celina has done extremely well in the past with the easier regular season schedules. Lots of injuries the last couple years with tougher battles pre-playoffs have hurt us along with a few intangible issues.

This year's juniors have always played very well together. I think they will get a lot of the mojo going with that cohesiveness for their senior year. They always enjoyed knocking the living heck out of others--lots of good hitters. With a few plug-ins from undercalssmen, they will roll a good long ways.

The O-line will determine much. I think Rallerson and Hanes are the frontrunners for replacing Jackson and Lohman. Everyone on that line should come in above 240 and be pretty darn athletic.

kaorder1999
02-01-2010, 01:59 PM

commerce is small...close to 2A numbers

turbostud
02-01-2010, 02:11 PM
They should have put Whitesboro in 10-3a, to give them some hope.

icu812
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM

Since Carthage and Henderson both have greater #'s than Gilmer I don't think it's very likely for Gilmer to be a Div.1 playoff team in Reg.II.

charlesrixey
02-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Since Carthage and Henderson both have greater #'s than Gilmer I don't think it's very likely for Gilmer to be a Div.1 playoff team in Reg.II.

lol i think most of region 2 d1 are now Henderson fans! :)

bobcat4life
02-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Im still disappointed that we dont get to play prosper next year. I was looking forward to getting a shot at their cocky fans.

That being said, I really dont see much competition other than Van Alstyne in this district, and I think we should be alot better than the team we had that beat them 35-14 last season. I think it will be the closet game in the district but we still win it by 20-30 points. I think we just have too much for anybody we will play in district.

I can see this team going 10-0 and setting itself up for a good deep run.

O.B.A.K.Y.

bigwood33
02-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by ctown
UIL obviously wanting to make a case study for breaking down 3A divs like 1A and 2a before the season even starts with the small enrollments in our district.
I was at the UIL offices this morning for their press conference and they had a Q&A session afterward. I asked what the process would be for them to reconsider split divisions in 3A since the superintendents of 3A had voted it down. They said that unless 3A superintendents brought it back to them it is a dead issue. I know that a lot of people think that the UIL wants to force this issue but that is not the case.

bowleghorses
02-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Im still disappointed that we dont get to play prosper next year. I was looking forward to getting a shot at their cocky fans.

That being said, I really dont see much competition other than Van Alstyne in this district, and I think we should be alot better than the team we had that beat them 35-14 last season. I think it will be the closet game in the district but we still win it by 20-30 points. I think we just have too much for anybody we will play in district.

O.B.A.K.Y.

Don't be so disappointed, at least you have a shot at 10-0...:D

bobcat4life
02-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Don't be so disappointed, at least you have a shot at 10-0...:D as a player suiting up, I WANT PROSPER!!!

O.B.A.K.Y.

gatordaze
02-01-2010, 10:03 PM
as a player suiting up, I WANT PROSPER!!!

O.B.A.K.Y.

Well if like you said you played against Dannu Nipp in Jr High, I doubt that you would be suiting up against Prosper. I know of 1 or maybe 2 kids that will do that and your are neither!

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2010, 10:12 PM

:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

NateDawg39
02-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: He just needs to stand on the side lines a few quarters...he will be ok :D

WOS87
02-01-2010, 10:14 PM
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

What LHPM said!!

LOL!

bobcat4life
02-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Well if like you said you played against Dannu Nipp in Jr High, I doubt that you would be suiting up against Prosper. I know of 1 or maybe 2 kids that will do that and your are neither! I was talking about in a JV game. and yes I know many people in the high school want Prosper. Im not the only one.

and LHPM, they may have the cockiest fans Ive ever seen. Many people from this area know what Im talking about.

charlesrixey
02-02-2010, 07:33 AM
lol

NateDawg39
02-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I was talking about in a JV game. and yes I know many people in the high school want Prosper. Im not the only one.

and LHPM, they may have the cockiest fans Ive ever seen. Many people from this area know what Im talking about. not as cocky as Alvord :nerd:

BossHog09
02-02-2010, 09:25 AM
how come celina refused to play prosper? prosper coaches tried hard to get a game and celina backed out.

NateDawg39
02-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by BossHog09
how come celina refused to play prosper? prosper coaches tried hard to get a game and celina backed out. They probably did not see a reason in scheduling such an easy win :stirpot:

DDBooger
02-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
They probably did not see a reason in scheduling such an easy win :stirpot: what was the score last year?

bobcat4life
02-02-2010, 09:39 AM
our coaches never called Prosper because we were expecting to be in the same district. when the districts came out, Butch Ford called Kent Scott (prosper coach) and they refused to play us, despite having 2 open dates at the moment.

NateDawg39
02-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
what was the score last year? I dont know I dont watch either team

MoveInDad
02-02-2010, 10:07 AM
our coaches never called Prosper because we were expecting to be in the same district. when the districts came out, Butch Ford called Kent Scott (prosper coach) and they refused to play us, despite having 2 open dates at the moment.

If as stated above, that is a damn shame and that should be brought out to light of day. The should be an interview, with both coaches ASAP asking them if ther is going to be a Prosper - Celina match up this year, and if not, ask why!

The kids and the towns want this game... it should ALWAYS be on the schedule, like Texas v Oklahoma.

Really, there will need to be an explanation, there is no excuse.

MoveInDad
02-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
what was the score last year?

38-14 Prosper, played in Celina

gatordaze
02-02-2010, 11:02 AM
If as stated above, that is a damn shame and that should be brought out to light of day. The should be an interview, with both coaches ASAP asking them if ther is going to be a Prosper - Celina match up this year, and if not, ask why!

The kids and the towns want this game... it should ALWAYS be on the schedule, like Texas v Oklahoma.

Really, there will need to be an explanation, there is no excuse.

If you think about it, there may never be another Celina/Prosper game. As far as I can tell the schedules are full for the next two years and Prosper will most likely be 4A by the next realignment.

Although Celina plays a 4A team from time to time it is usually because they cannot find a 3A team to play.

I really beleive that our coaches are smart and have a single minded goal of winning state championships. If playing Prosper helps that cause then they will schedule it otherwise they won't and should'nt.

This past alignment proved to me at least that tough pre-district competition does little more than get you banged up. Ever wonder why boxers have warmup bouts the way the do? They surely don't take on Tyson in preperation for Holyfield!

I like the strategy that I see developing and trust that the coaches can keep the boys hungry and ready for what is to come. Rivalries are for fans, State Championships are for teams!

Old&Crusty
02-02-2010, 11:40 AM
For those of us that miss the PP/Celina rivalry, the Prosper game was the next best thing.

charlesrixey
02-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Old&Crusty
For those of us that miss the PP/Celina rivalry, the Prosper game was the next best thing.

True, but PP is back in 3A and has confidence

what better way to start the year than to have our 7-5 bobcats beat their 15-0 bearcats?

i think the old rivalry may have some life back in it

Sittin & Fishin
02-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Based on the current schedule for 2010, does everyone agree that the Pilot Point game is the most highly anticipated game of the year? If not, which game are you most excited to watch? Rather than the usual schedule of familiar teams, this schedule involves a lot of teams that I don't know much about.

PHOP
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM

O.B.A.K.Y.

Too bad Coach Ford doesn't want to play us - he had an opportunity. OH Yes it is true confirmed this with multiple sources within PISD.

I guess I could see from your point of view why Prosper fans are considered cocky- especially when we quieted the Celina fans the past two years. Who was the one that was so PO’d at our win two years ago that they decided to schedule Prosper as homecoming…we all know that back fired on the Bobcat nation. I do think it is hilarious how we are considered cocky when we dish out the same stuff you threw our way for many years. Go back in the history of this forum...take a look and you will see we, Prosper fans, are no different that you! Yep we love to pile it on when we win but so do (did) you!

In the end I will miss the Celina / Prosper games - all smack talk aside, two excellent communities who stand by their teams…one with a storied history any fan could be proud of and the other new to the winning traditions and learning how to return a champion.

Matthew328
02-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I think Celina and Dallas Madison are playing week 5

BILLYFRED0000
02-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Too bad Coach Ford doesn't want to play us - he had an opportunity. OH Yes it is true confirmed this with multiple sources within PISD.

I guess I could see from your point of view why Prosper fans are considered cocky- especially when we quieted the Celina fans the past two years. Who was the one that was so PO’d at our win two years ago that they decided to schedule Prosper as homecoming…we all know that back fired on the Bobcat nation. I do think it is hilarious how we are considered cocky when we dish out the same stuff you threw our way for many years. Go back in the history of this forum...take a look and you will see we, Prosper fans, are no different that you! Yep we love to pile it on when we win but so do (did) you!

In the end I will miss the Celina / Prosper games - all smack talk aside, two excellent communities who stand by their teams…one with a storied history any fan could be proud of and the other new to the winning traditions and learning how to return a champion.

Actually we heard something different. But I would imagine it was a scheduling issue more than likely. We assumed that we would stay in the district and had the front end pretty much lined up.

BILLYFRED0000
02-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Actually we heard something different. But I would imagine it was a scheduling issue more than likely. We assumed that we would stay in the same district and had the front end pretty much lined up.

charlesrixey
02-02-2010, 02:40 PM

lol, the gift that keeps on giving

neither celina nor prosper talked smack to each other during the two decades that the average score was 45-0.

taking two years of results (four if you include the 27-21 score in '05 and the 62-13 score in '06) and extrapolating this game into some huge rivalry is rediculous.

The only team that was discussed less each year during the week leading up to the game by the fans was S&S, and we all know how those games went. Two years ago Celina scheduled Prosper after beating them 62-13 the previous year for homecoming, not surprising since that had happened many times over the previous thirty years.

Trying to say that Celina cared about this rivalry before '05 is rediculous; i don't mind hearing about how Prosper has won the last two years and how great the rivalry has become, but don't try to equate this new rivalry with any sort of long history.

Most Celina fans are proud to see that Prosper has done very well in recent years, and rooted for them when they started doing well around the time that Jones went there and they beat Pilot Point. You don't seem to know much about Prosper's history or you are purposefully gliding over it.

I would say that most of the Celina fans that have talked smack about prosper are either kids or are not long-time residents, since most of us who are having nothing but good wishes for Prosper as they have climbed their huge mountain.

bobcat4life
02-02-2010, 04:41 PM
hey PHOP-nobody in Celina even considered this a rivalry until about 18 months ago....

Pick6
02-02-2010, 04:56 PM
I was looking forward to getting a shot at their cocky fans.

This coming from someone from Celina...lol

BossHog09
02-02-2010, 05:55 PM
nope youre wrong, prosper coach called butch ford several times to try to get a game, but celina wanted no part. Its not cause their schedule was already full, it's because they don't want anymore.

yep prosper endured that beating for thirty years, but after two years of being outmatched, celina wants no more. It's understable, you can tell by their easy non district games that the celina coaches have realized they don't have any talent. And had to back down thier schedule a few notches so they can still brag about going 10-0 during the season.

NateDawg39
02-02-2010, 06:08 PM
nope youre wrong, prosper coach called butch ford several times to try to get a game, but celina wanted no part. Its not cause their schedule was already full, it's because they don't want anymore.

yep prosper endured that beating for thirty years, but after two years of being outmatched, celina wants no more. It's understable, you can tell by their easy non district games that the celina coaches have realized they don't have any talent. And had to back down thier schedule a few notches so they can still brag about going 10-0 during the season. Im sure he wanted someone new to compete with...

orange machine
02-02-2010, 08:43 PM

yep prosper endured that beating for thirty years, but after two years of being outmatched, celina wants no more. It's understable, you can tell by their easy non district games that the celina coaches have realized they don't have any talent. And had to back down thier schedule a few notches so they can still brag about going 10-0 during the season.

Why doesnt your mighty Gunter Tigers step up and get a game with Celina? You can talk all kinds of junk, but your team isnt on the phone trying to get a game because yall all know Celina would roll yall up.

bigwood33
02-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Why doesnt your mighty Gunter Tigers step up and get a game with Celina? You can talk all kinds of junk, but your team isnt on the phone trying to get a game because yall all know it would Celina rolling yall up.

Dang OM, ease up:cool:

CelinaCatFan
02-02-2010, 08:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing OM.

What is the saying (paraphrased)?..."Those living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

CelinaCatFan
02-02-2010, 08:50 PM
On a side note, did we finalize our non-district opponent list? If so, who are we playing?

Pick6
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Dang OM, ease up:cool:

Donut shop must of been closed and he had to let his little anger out somewhere.

bobcat4life
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM

In the end I will miss the Celina / Prosper games - all smack talk aside, two excellent communities who stand by their teams…one with a storied history any fan could be proud of and the other new to the winning traditions and learning how to return a champion. you seem to have no clue what you are talking about.

FIrst, Butch called Scott and scott declined.

Second, two wins doesnt compare to 24 years without losing to Prosper. ANd yes, have you ever been to more than the past two Celina-Prosper games? When we win, our fans cheer, but they have NEVER stormed the field and chanted overrated and poured drinks all over the Prosper players like YOUR fans did to our players in 2008. They were also cussing the kids as they walked off the field. Do you call that classy? You sir, are an idiot.

Should I bring up your great and classy PHS students, who just 2 weeks ago were cussing out 6th grade Celina kids at a basketball game? You call that classy or cocky and rude? That sure as hell aint classy to me!

And dont drink the green cool aid. Prosper wont win another title. They will not even win district the next two years. And when you hit 4A, its a different game. Ya'll wont win a title in 4A.

Not to be cocky because "every fan does it" but: 27-6. dont quit on anybody at halftime this year.....

orange machine
02-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Donut shop must of been closed and he had to let his little anger out somewhere.

Glad to see they finally let you out of the nut house.

bigwood33
02-02-2010, 09:01 PM

:spitlol:
Now that right there's funny, I don't care who you are.
BTW, he claims to not eat dount's...but we know better, right?:rolleyes:

Pick6
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Glad to see they finally let you out of the nut house.

Yeah, I was glad to get out of Tom Bean and away from all the Barney wannabe's.

orange machine
02-02-2010, 09:08 PM
:spitlol:
Now that right there's funny, I don't care who you are.
BTW, he claims to not eat dount's...but we know better, right?:rolleyes:

Once in a while ill have one or two, but i try not to make an everyday thing.

bigwood33
02-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Once in a while ill have one or two, but i try not to make an everyday thing.

Just teasing with you bud. You get pretty riled up sometimes and I think it is pretty funny!

orange machine
02-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Just teasing with you bud. You get pretty riled up sometimes and I think it is pretty funny!

I have gotten better believe it or not a few years ago the temper would get the best of me.

bigwood33
02-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I have gotten better believe it or not a few years ago the temper would get the best of me.

Noooooo! I can't believe it:rolleyes:

frogbacker09
02-03-2010, 01:01 AM
from what i hear prosper called celina and they didnt want any part. but this arguement could go on forever. its just a shame that when it finally starts to become a real rivalry that they dont play anymore. i would have gone with prosper for 3 in a row.

charlesrixey
02-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by frogbacker09
from what i hear prosper called celina and they didnt want any part. but this arguement could go on forever. its just a shame that when it finally starts to become a real rivalry that they dont play anymore. i would have gone with prosper for 3 in a row.

They still could play in the playoffs in the second round, so maybe that had something to do with it, whoever decided not to. I've heard it both ways

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2010, 08:34 AM

Well you are hearing second third fourth hand. Coach Ford on the other hand is the proverbial horses mouth.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 08:38 AM
I called coach, he called coach, coach didn't want to play us, blah blah blah..... This can go on forever :rolleyes:

gatordaze
02-03-2010, 09:10 AM
They still could play in the playoffs in the second round, so maybe that had something to do with it, whoever decided not to. I've heard it both ways

Only if Lovejoy completely imploads and misses the playoffs. Otherwise Prosper goes D2 and Celina D1

bigwood33
02-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Only if Lovejoy completely imploads and misses the playoffs. Otherwise Prosper goes D2 and Celina D1

I imagine that both Anna and Bonham turned in a higher number (somewhere around 600 would be my guess) than Celina. I don't think it is a lock that Celina goes D1 like so may others. The official enrollment numbers are released about the 20th.

Pick6
02-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Coach Ford on the other hand is the proverbial horses mouth.

Don't you mean the other end of the horse?

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Don't you mean the other end of the horse?

Only if you are speaking in derogatory terms with all the connotations that the innuendo brings. However I find discussing matters of interest in boorish terms egregious and prefer to keep personal ad hominen attacks to a minimum. It is rather childish and moronic IMHO.

Pick6
02-03-2010, 09:49 AM
It is rather childish and moronic IMHO.

Well I was trying to get down to Celina's level.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Hey, all we are saying is give peace a chance! :cool:

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Well I was trying to get down to Celina's level.

Ah the continuation of the ad hominem attack. I prefer not to look down on those of lesser abilities from such lofty heights but also have learned that you never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 09:55 AM
If I gave both of you a seperate lollipop would you both be happy again?:D

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2010, 10:12 AM

I am happy, I am a happy person. I am happy with my life.
I'm happy to be a Bobcat supporter. Happy happy joy joy......:D

Pick6
02-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Ah the continuation of the ad hominem attack. I prefer not to look down on those of lesser abilities from such lofty heights but also have learned that you never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Then I'll quit talking to you so I don't have to succumb to your low level.

Pick6
02-03-2010, 10:16 AM

I'm happy Nate, I thank God everyday that I don't have to wake up in Celina. It's bad enough driving thru there to get to the great city of Prosper. Most of the time I'll cut over from Gunter to Tioga and up to Aubrey to avoid that place.

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Then I'll quit talking to you so I don't have to succumb to your low level.

My friend you are making an assumption that my level is lower than yours. But lest ye be wrong, I also have lived in the great city of Prosper and probably before you. I have no issue with Prosper at all. You do know what making an assumption does.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Ok fine, If I share my vacation time would that help? :D

Pick6
02-03-2010, 11:21 AM
My friend you are making an assumption that my level is lower than yours. But lest ye be wrong, I also have lived in the great city of Prosper and probably before you. I have no issue with Prosper at all. You do know what making an assumption does.

I sure do, you just assumed I lived in Prosper. As usual, you're wrong.

gatordaze
02-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I imagine that both Anna and Bonham turned in a higher number (somewhere around 600 would be my guess) than Celina. I don't think it is a lock that Celina goes D1 like so may others. The official enrollment numbers are released about the 20th.

Coaches beleive that we turned in the high number. Bohnam and Commerce are "old towns" with deminishing school age populations. 2008 Celina reported 479 Anna reported 494. Pretty close so who knows. Do you think Anna can beat Bonham and Commerce for 3rd? Otherwise D1 here we come.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I sure do, you just assumed I lived in Prosper. As usual, you're wrong. Come on Pick, why are you pickin fights like this?

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I sure do, you just assumed I lived in Prosper. As usual, you're wrong.

Not at all. Since I said I lived there before you and you do not live there then I would in fact be correct in my assumption.

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Coaches beleive that we turned in the high number. Bohnam and Commerce are "old towns" with deminishing school age populations. 2008 Celina reported 479 Anna reported 494. Pretty close so who knows. Do you think Anna can beat Bonham and Commerce for 3rd? Otherwise D1 here we come.

Yes it is quite possible. Anna has had a little uptick and Bonham and Commerce have had issues for the last few years. Anna might be able to pull it out.

gatordaze
02-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Yes it is quite possible. Anna has had a little uptick and Bonham and Commerce have had issues for the last few years. Anna might be able to pull it out.

Would you be willing to "lose" to Anna in order to go D2 if that was the way it played out??

Pick6
02-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Come on Pick, why are you pickin fights like this?

It's Wednesday, very slow at work today. Figured I'd have some fun with the simple minded today.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 12:08 PM
It's Wednesday, very slow at work today. Figured I'd have some fun with the simple minded today. :rolleyes:

Old&Crusty
02-03-2010, 12:37 PM

I was looking forward to a rematch and a long rivalry. Same goes for the Celina/Daingerfield game. We've lost every game against them, but those are the kind of teams you always want another chance against.

Prosper's got a great program and talent right now. Speed is killing us.

MoveInDad
02-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Old&Crusty
I was looking forward to a rematch and a long rivalry. Same goes for the Celina/Daingerfield game. We've lost every game against them, but those are the kind of teams you always want another chance against.

Prosper's got a great program and talent right now. Speed is killing us.

Not to mention the proximity... the whole realignment of 9-3A makes no sense. And the argument that, "we could meet them in the playoffs, therefore we don't want to schedule them preseason" doesn't really make sense to me... ok, we play a team twice. Doesn't seem to bother the NFL that teams can play 3 times.

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Would you be willing to "lose" to Anna in order to go D2 if that was the way it played out??

Nah. Lets go d1.

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2010, 01:38 PM
It's Wednesday, very slow at work today. Figured I'd have some fun with the simple minded today.

That must be why you spend so much time talking to your self.

LE Dad
02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
I called coach, he called coach, coach didn't want to play us, blah blah blah..... This can go on forever :rolleyes: Yeah, ain't it GREEEEAAAATTTT!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

:D

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Yeah, ain't it GREEEEAAAATTTT!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

:D

For what it's worth, I usually just talk to some of the family members that I see as well as the coaches. I see some of them fairly frequently as a matter of fact. Or I could just walk over to the coaches office and talk to them directly as well. It is fun BTW.
But hey if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it's obviouly
a rhinoceros.

Pick6
02-03-2010, 02:37 PM
That must be why you spend so much time talking to your self.

You sure seem to answer alot :thinking: