Jarrell
Lago Vista
Lexington
Little River Academy
Rogers
Thorndale

Yoe_09
02-01-2010, 10:33 AM
This is basically what i thought it would be. Padilla had some long road trips projected but this is more like it. Kind of surprised the number didn't go up a little but oh well.

OldBison75
02-01-2010, 10:50 AM
The old District 24 is gonna miss you guys in Cameron, but I think you got a good draw. You guys should be a force this year. Good luck!!!!

Coach or Die 67
02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I did not know that Cameron's numbers had lowered like this. What is happening there. Not enough industry to keep people living there?

Yoe_09
02-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks for that. Looks like yoll should have a pretty though district from what im looking at. From what ive heard we will want to basically have all predistrict 3a games which of course will include Rockdale.

Bearkat
02-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Coach or Die 67
I did not know that Cameron's numbers had lowered like this. What is happening there. Not enough industry to keep people living there?

Nothing is happening in Cameron, and that's the problem. Cameron has slowly become a retirement community. There is nothing in the town to offer an early to middle-aged adult, which is why people are not moving there, and is very little for entertainment purposes. I was in Cameron in early December and couldn't believe how old and run down the town looked. Something needs to change or the Cameron Yoemen will be 1A before long.

Yoe_09
02-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
Nothing is happening in Cameron, and that's the problem. Cameron has slowly become a retirement community. There is nothing in the town to offer an early to middle-aged adult, which is why people are not moving there, and is very little for entertainment purposes. I was in Cameron in early December and couldn't believe how old and run down the town looked. Something needs to change or the Cameron Yoemen will be 1A before long.

Both us and Rockdale are going to be losing enrollment numbers because of Alcoa. I am really looking forward to a good year next year and I dont look for the number to go down much more any longer.

I do see what you mean about entertainment/workplace...the town has been very tentative to let companies in.

Rabid Cougar
02-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Most people that live in Cameron work in Temple. But now you can live in Belton and Salado and have good schools. Alcoa will not have as big an impact as you may think. I the old days yes but not so to day. Population is just getting older and the kids are moving away for jobs. It happens everywhere in these smaller communities. If you don't farm , what do you do for a living?

Yoe_09
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
We are definably losing population in some way but I really like the talent we have coming up in the next few classes for football and baseball

The bigger issue is who do you see winning this district:

Cameron Yoe
Florence
Hearne
Academy
Marlin
McGregor
Troy

sicem74
02-01-2010, 01:40 PM
looks like Cameron will win about 5 titles in 10 year span

Yoefan11
02-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
hahaha..idk Tatum might have somethin to say about that. We'll see...im kinda pissed they aren't still in 3a..wish we were in that Giddings Rockdale Caldwell district..would have been some fun...but oh well.

I'll be lookin forward to see the new 2a Cameron Yoe take on Rockdale in preseason...BATTLE OF THE BELL BABY!!! haha

Yoe_09
02-01-2010, 01:47 PM

I really look for the Yoemen to be improved next year no doubt. Even though we lost our QB, RB, and best WR I think we have some great players coming in to fill the positions. I also expect the lines to be vastly improved as well. As for the district I do know some about Academey, Troy, and Marlin. I really look forward to us competing for a district title next year.

Yoe_09
02-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Yoefan11
hahaha..idk Tatum might have somethin to say about that. We'll see...im kinda pissed they aren't still in 3a..wish we were in that Giddings Rockdale Caldwell district..would have been some fun...but oh well.

I'll be lookin forward to see the new 2a Cameron Yoe take on Rockdale in preseason...BATTLE OF THE BELL BABY!!! haha

I woudnt count out Giddings or Caldwell from being one of those pre-district games. I most likely expect one of those teams to be from the Waco are though

Yoefan11
02-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
We are definably losing population in some way but I really like the talent we have coming up in the next few classes for football and baseball

Cameron Yoe
Florence
Hearne
Academy
Marlin
McGregor
Troy

Really? You Just asked that question??? hahah..uh...Football...Yoe...Volleyball...Yoe..Boy s Basketball will be a joke...minus the hearne game. Girls basketball...sigh...definately NOT Yoe...Track...Yoe hands down...baseball...Yoe average margin of victory in district will be like 30 hahah...softball...dunno...they gotta nice field, its bout time they start playing like they deserve it...

Yoe_09
02-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Yoefan11
Really? You Just asked that question??? hahah..uh...Football...Yoe...Volleyball...Yoe..Boy s Basketball will be a joke...minus the hearne game. Girls basketball...sigh...definately NOT Yoe...Track...Yoe hands down...baseball...Yoe average margin of victory in district will be like 30 hahah...softball...dunno...they gotta nice field, its bout time they start playing like they deserve it...

lol yeah i was leaning that way but I didnt want to be to blunt and leave it open for a while. There is no doubt that the the Yoe will have a good chance to win district in quite a few sports next year.

BaseballUmp
02-01-2010, 02:16 PM
China Springs and Caldwell as scrimmages
Waco connally
La Vega
Rockdale
Navasota

pretty tough start for the new Yoe team

Yoe_09
02-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
China Springs and Caldwell as scrimmages
Waco connally
La Vega
Rockdale
Navasota

pretty tough start for the new Yoe team

where did you get this information. I like the fact that we are playing Navasota

tigerfan09
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat

There are no decent jobs in Cameron...only minimum-wage, etc. Most of my Class of 1998 classmates went off to college, and didn't go back. The jobs that do exist in Cameron are held by the old timers who have the same job until they finally retire and/or pass away. In all honesty, I forsee Cameron dropping down to Class 1A by 2020.

formermbcouns
02-01-2010, 06:05 PM

Nope...I say go Marlin!!!

Old Cardinal
02-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Yoe 09: You will be a state contender in both boys and girls; in several sports!

We are looking forward to seeing the Yoe Baseball team at the Bridge City Baseball Tournament this year! This will be good highly selected invitations.... and should benefit all the teams that participate.

Yoe_09
02-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Yoe 09: You will be a state contender in both boys and girls; in several sports!

We are looking forward to seeing the Yoe Baseball team at the Bridge City Baseball Tournament this year! This will be good highly selected invitations.... and should benefit all the teams that participate.

Thanks for that. We are honored to come be apart of the tournament and it should get a good look at a lot of teams.

Coach BS
02-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Both us and Rockdale are going to be losing enrollment numbers because of Alcoa. I am really looking forward to a good year next year and I dont look for the number to go down much more any longer.

I do see what you mean about entertainment/workplace...the town has been very tentative to let companies in. We here in Rockdale , our enrollment went up. I thought Alcoa would cause more folks to move away but its not really happening. The locals cant sell their homes so they are just driving into Austin and Bryan for work.

OldBison75
02-01-2010, 09:30 PM
If this in indeed the predistrict schedule for the Yoe, they are not slinking into 2A. Those look to be some pretty salty opponents. I am glad to see my Rattlers on that schedule. I think it will be good for both teams. However, playing Navasota the week after the Battle of the Bell will be a tough week.

yoe64
02-01-2010, 09:33 PM
What i've heard the pre-district schedule is:

Scrimmaging China Spring and Caldwell

Waco Connally
La Vega
Rockdale
Navasota

yoe64
02-01-2010, 09:34 PM
oops

Yoe_09
02-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
We here in Rockdale , our enrollment went up. I thought Alcoa would cause more folks to move away but its not really happening. The locals cant sell their homes so they are just driving into Austin and Bryan for work.

wow im kind of surprised but I guess that is good for Rockdale as a whole. I know that we have lost some in Cameron but I really expect it to level out pretty soon and not move that much for a while.

zebrablue2
02-01-2010, 10:47 PM

Cameron Yoe
Florence
Hearne
Academy
Marlin
McGregor
Troy

for the next 2 yrs., its yoe baby!!!

Rabid Cougar
02-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by yoe64
What i've heard the pre-district schedule is:

Scrimmaging China Spring and Caldwell

Waco Connally
La Vega
Rockdale
Navasota

Thank you for not including the "s"

A Boutwell will play at Yoe Field again!

Old Tiger
02-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Coach or Die 67
I did not know that Cameron's numbers had lowered like this. What is happening there. Not enough industry to keep people living there? The old money there won't let the new money come in and develope.

Bearkat
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
The old money there won't let the new money come in and develope.

I wish this wasn't true! There was a time when downtown Cameron had businesses everywhere. I know some of the people that live in Cameron like the small town setting. Heck, I love the small town atmosphere, but I'm also smart enough to realize that there has to be some development or the town will continue to go down hill. Cameron doesn't have to be the size of Temple, Waco, or Austin but it needs more than what it has. This is the only way to get families, with school-aged children, to move into the town.

I've read most of the posts on this thread and I know this is about football and the other sports being successful because of the drop to 2A, but most of those athletes will leave once they graduate. Where are the new athletes going to come from if the population and enrollment continues to drop?

Rabid Cougar
02-02-2010, 12:59 PM
We come back to Cameron. Our kids just play for the opposing teams.

Yoe_09
02-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
The old money there won't let the new money come in and develope.

This has been the biggest problem with Cameron in my opinion. As far as the talent, I think we have plenty of talent to be able to make some pretty good runs in plenty of sports. The Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Softball, Track, CC, and epically baseball have some really good talent in the system and now and some coming up through the lower classes.

Old Tiger
02-02-2010, 01:38 PM
nm

sicem74
02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
could yoe win state?i thnk so

Coach BS
02-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Heck yeah, They should win a title or two. The Dist will be harder than the playoffs and they should win dist in just about every sport. Have fun for the next 2 years yoe.