#1 Argyle
#4 Aubrey
#5 Whitesboro
#3 Sanger
#2 Pilot point
#6 Gainesville

PPSTATEBOUND
02-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Uil moves 3A from a 2.28 ratio to a 2.3 ratio...once again guys great work on sovling the 3A problem.:thinking:

firstdown
02-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Pilot Point, Argyle then Sanger you sandbagger quit it :D

charlesrixey
02-01-2010, 10:56 AM
i hate that argyle, pp and prosper are all out of Celina's district. Just doesn't seem right.

When was the last time Celina wasn't in a district with PP, Prosper, Gunter, Aubrey or Sanger?

It's almost impossible to have made it that way, but credit the UIL for making it work AND putting Celina in a 5-team district.

big daddy russ
02-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Sanger has that young quarterback coming back. They look tough going forward.

charlesrixey
02-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Sanger has that young quarterback coming back. They look tough going forward.

I agree, but i wonder if it will be enough to get over the hump. Argyle i think will take a big hit, and Pilot Point also loses a lot from their title team, but they do seem to have their mojo back after fifteen years of largely standing still.

Aubrey stands to gain the most, as Coach Moore is the perfect person to handle the jump to 3A, playing against all of the familiar faces from his four decades.

I think Argyle has a leg simply by virtue of being a 12-1 team in 3A last year. They do lose several of their big playmakers, but they have shown consistency enough to win this district again. PP will probably battle with Aubrey for 2nd and 3rd, and
Sanger only has to beat one of those to make the playoffs.

Gainesville appears to be coming back as well, and i don't expect them to fall behind Whitesboro again. Whitesboro had their chance and just missed a few years ago. Gainesville has the eventual potential to push any of the 2-4 teams, if not this year than next.

sic'em
02-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Definitely a unique district. Never been one like it. I expect 'ol Aurbrey to be pretty tough next year. The PP-Aurbrey game will be another barn burner. PP has to replace some skill people, but I expect the line to be pretty stout again. I guess if 'ol C-lina turned in more than Anna then they will be gettin some Argyle or Sanger in the first round of the playoffs in D1. There is gonna be a really bad team make the playoffs in District 10...

marler1972
02-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
I agree, but i wonder if it will be enough to get over the hump. Argyle i think will take a big hit, and Pilot Point also loses a lot from their title team, but they do seem to have their mojo back after fifteen years of largely standing still.

Aubrey stands to gain the most, as Coach Moore is the perfect person to handle the jump to 3A, playing against all of the familiar faces from his four decades.

I think Argyle has a leg simply by virtue of being a 12-1 team in 3A last year. They do lose several of their big playmakers, but they have shown consistency enough to win this district again. PP will probably battle with Aubrey for 2nd and 3rd, and
Sanger only has to beat one of those to make the playoffs.

Gainesville appears to be coming back as well, and i don't expect them to fall behind Whitesboro again. Whitesboro had their chance and just missed a few years ago. Gainesville has the eventual potential to push any of the 2-4 teams, if not this year than next.

Has Gainsville hired a new head coach yet?

Black Swarm
02-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Pilot Point loses a few athletes.
Aubrey graduates heavy.
Argyle graduates heavy.
Sanger with qb could be dangerous.
Whitesboro and Gainesville will fight for bottom spot.

Argyle
Sanger
Pilot Point
Aubrey
Gainesville
Whitesboro

PPSTATEBOUND
02-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Black Swarm
Pilot Point loses a few athletes.
Aubrey graduates heavy.
Argyle graduates heavy.
Sanger with qb could be dangerous.
Whitesboro and Gainesville will fight for bottom spot.

Argyle
Sanger
Pilot Point
Aubrey
Gainesville
Whitesboro

Point Takes out Sanger. Mark it down.:eek:

Black Swarm
02-01-2010, 05:58 PM
PPSTATEBOND

I know PP is losing back, qb, and de.
How many starters are yall returning.

Argyle returns
4-Offense
2-Defense

Keith7
02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
I see Gainesville taking this district next year fairly easily

NateDawg39
02-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I see Gainesville taking this district next year fairly easily Ahh hes back :clap:

Black Swarm
02-01-2010, 06:04 PM
I see Gainesville taking this district next year fairly easily

That is funny.

Keith7
02-01-2010, 06:17 PM
That is funny.

What's funny is that PP fans think they can just walk into 3a and win whatever district they are in.. I truely think it is the year of the Leopard. Pilot Point is a wanna be Celina and those who know me know what I think of Celina so PP is the dump of all dumps

lvbears32
02-01-2010, 06:23 PM
What's funny is that PP fans think they can just walk into 3a and win whatever district they are in.. I truely think it is the year of the Leopard. Pilot Point is a wanna be Celina and those who know me know what I think of Celina so PP is the dump of all dumps

welcome back keith. good to have ya

bobcat4life
02-01-2010, 07:21 PM
welcome back Keith. we missed ya

I really dont know who to pick. Argyle graduates 7 and 10 starters. Only one back off that defense. Sanger is on the rise. PP has to deal with moving up and losing its two best players. Gainesville has a few good underclassmen on the way. Aubrey is moving up but is also losing alot. Whitesboro just cant ever win. I have no clue who to pick

bigwood33
02-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Well, no one should (or will) pick us but we should be improved. We had 14 sophomores playing on varsity last year and many got really good experience at key positions. I guess we will see in about 8 months.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Keith...Did Gainesville have an 0ffer thru district play in 09'?

:)

bigwood33
02-01-2010, 08:17 PM
No, they beat us on an extra play after we were offsides on the last regulation play. They missed a field goal as time expired but got another chance with no time on the clock and beat us...shouldn't have, we outplayed them.

Keith7
02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
No, they beat us on an extra play after we were offsides on the last regulation play. They missed a field goal as time expired but got another chance with no time on the clock and beat us...shouldn't have, we outplayed them.

Yea that dang offsides penalty!! When will refs stop using that to give teams the game? Seriously, can't we just get rid of that rule already? I mean it's meaningless to the sport of football

Keith7
02-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Keith...Did Gainesville have an 0ffer thru district play in 09'?

:)

Gainesville lost its star running back in the first game of district.. How far would pp have gone without its star running back?

bigwood33
02-01-2010, 08:28 PM
I didn't say that it was a bogus penalty, I was talking about the bulk of the game.
I will bet you dinner at the Smokehouse that Whitesboro beats Gainesville next football season!

Keith7
02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I didn't say that it was a bogus penalty, I was talking about the bulk of the game.
I will bet you dinner at the Smokehouse that Whitesboro beats Gainesville next football season!

Smokehouse in Lindsay or Smokehouse in Gainesville?

bigwood33
02-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Your choice although if I were guessing, I would guess you prefer Lindsay. If you prefer Deiter Brother's that will be fine too!:D

Pick6
02-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I keep hearing about Sanger being so good. They beat Gainesville this season because of a bad snap to the punter that resulted in a safety, 16-14. Gainesville was without their best player and still almost beat them. Sanger will not be near as good as some think.

bigwood33
02-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Has Gainesville started taking resumes or are they going to promote? Keith, you might get yours ready!

Keith7
02-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Has Gainesville started taking resumes or are they going to promote? Keith, you might get yours ready!

http://www.gainesvilleregister.com/sports/local_story_032122752.html?keyword=topstory

It sounds like they are looking around

And honestly, you can get good BBQ anywhere in Texas. I think I would rather bet Taco Casa than Smokehouse.

bigwood33
02-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Taco Casa it is then!

PPSTATEBOUND
02-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Gainesville lost its star running back in the first game of district.. How far would pp have gone without its star running back?

That must have been a yes....LOL:inlove:

Pick6
02-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
That must have been a yes....LOL:inlove:

Read the thread and you'll get your answer.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Oh my bad....yes a 10-7 victory over Whitesboro...G-villes offense does look pretty explosive.....:)

PPSTATEBOUND
02-02-2010, 08:41 AM
PPSTATEBOND

Argyle returns
4-Offense
2-Defense

6 on defense
5 on offense

really depends on wich O they are running.

BILLYFRED0000
02-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Sanger was not that great last year. Their D was mediocre at best. Our O was not that great last year and we put up the points. Their O is decent and the QB shows promise. Sanger has had and continues to have some good QB talent. If their d comes up some this year they can compete.

firstdown
02-02-2010, 09:58 AM
PPSTATEBOND

Argyle returns
4-Offense
2-Defense

Argyle returns 4 on Defense

Black Swarm
02-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Sorry, I did miss one but I still only
count 3 returning starters on Defense.
Who is 4th?
1-LB
2-DB

firstdown
02-02-2010, 11:31 AM
I was counting Bossow also at LB. Played quite a bit, but technically he wasn't a starter.

emacppbcat4life
02-03-2010, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by firstdown
I was counting Bossow also at LB. Played quite a bit, but technically he wasn't a starter.

lol than he isnt a returning starter