PDA

View Full Version : District 24 GET ready.....

tigerSville_04
06-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Wow its been a while since I wrote something on here. Well, all I really have to say is down in alittle town call Smithville there are 60 kids working there butts off to get ready to go agaist some of the top teams in the state of Texas. In the past Smithville as really never had a summer program, but that has all changed and we as a team are all showing up and working out and we start now. Last year was not good we know that and everyone in our district knows that. But we have to put that in our past becuz we can't do anything about it. Well, not really we can and we will do something about it. We Smithville Tigers will show you La Grange, Elgin, Manor, Giddings, And Hutto what we can do. Never in the past has Smithville had a summer program where all 60 kids are showing up, and the good thing about it is we are going to keep showing up. Why, well, we have 10 reasons why and they are every game we played last year. Never again will Smithville lay down and take an ass kicken from anyone. I know Im saying alot of stuff. But I know me and my boys can back it all up. Just watch and be ready for the most improved team in the state of Texas to come up.........#44.......out :)

3afan
06-09-2003, 02:06 PM
well ya gotta start somewhere ... even if its at the bottom. good luck in '03 !!!

tigerSville_04
06-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Hey thanks and we are. Last year 0-10 but I can tell you one thing about my friends and me we always showed up to practice the next week. Win or lose we take pride and what we do and right now we are not only building a program but hopefully trudition............#44........out

PPHSfan
06-09-2003, 03:37 PM
I can't even imagine what it would be like to have 60 kids on one team.

tigerSville_04
06-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Im sorry about that. Its also the JV too sorry.

big daddy russ
06-09-2003, 07:32 PM
You know Tiger, I still remember you from football season and you showed a lot of class in defeat. I know I'll be rooting for you guys no matter what happens just because of that first impression and the fact that you're working to get somewhere. Just remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. A lot of teams who suffer through down years take a few games before the light turns on. Keep at it.

tigerSville_04
06-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Hey lol thats funny how you said that. My coach has said the same thing when I talked to him on the side. Well, thank you for your support and we as a team will try our best........#44.......out

Big Cheese
06-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Tiger, I'm an avid La Grange follower (my brother is only going to be a fish this year so I still have a while) but I also like to support the district teams (especially since I've been out of school) and I wish you guys the best of luck. I know La Grange as well as some other teams have given y'all some pretty bad "beatings" but I have faith in you guys and believe that you guys can do anything you put your hearts to and will return the "beatings" to those that have beaten you. Good luck next year and I wish you and your team a safe, injury free season as well as a great season. Good luck and most of all have fun.

<small>[ June 09, 2003, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Big Cheese ]</small>

tigerSville_04
06-09-2003, 10:43 PM
Hey thanks Big Cheese when did you graduate from LG?

True94
06-10-2003, 12:25 AM
i dont knwo about this guy being a good sport and all i broke my ankle the very first game of the year and when i came back the last game against smithville #44 yelled get 94 go for his ankle. so lets just say i forgot my blocking assignment and went straight for 44 and pancaked him and tahts how it went the whole night, before and after he tried to reinjure me....... so screw all your optimism yall are gonna suck next year and the year after and the year after.

tigerSville_04
06-10-2003, 01:35 AM
lol....you can down us all you want....but see.....I regret saying that...i try to tell you sorry man....what do you expect we was getting our butts kicked our last game.....and i was just tired.....but i try to say sorry the whole night and still you didnt care...i know what is aiwas wrong........but hey theres nothing i can do abuot it its in the past......but if you really felt that way you would have said something to me at the basketball games....everytime i went to manor.....you didnt say a thing....so you really should bring the past up......and if you still feel lik eyou want to come get me hey then ill just give you my address....if it makes you feel better im ready.....bring it.... :mad:

3afan
06-10-2003, 09:33 AM
OK True94 - way to ruin a good thread .....

The Smithville story is one of the great things about high school football, the optimism each team has heading into each season. there are good stories each year about teams turning it around. I played varsity 3 years (@ Cove) and we were 6-23-1 in those 30 games. but we won our last game my senior year against a (back then) rival, Gatesville, and thats what I remember most. Since then Cove has turned it around (hope there is no correlation there ....).

So I hope Smithville does well in '03, I'm rooting for ya .......

District303aPastPlayer
06-10-2003, 11:00 AM
The way that Smithville is talking, reminds me alot of Taft. Tafts 1st couple of sets of peewee football players are making their way through High School right now. So it looks like they too will have a turn around, provided that they dont all transfer to GP and Sinton.

3afan
06-10-2003, 12:08 PM
is there some history behind your statement regarding players transferring to GP & Sinton ???

True94
06-10-2003, 02:18 PM
ok i did say something at the bball games but you just didnt come over or ever respond, and frankly i dont think you would have been much of anything in a fight so i wouldnt bother, i have about 5 inches and 60 pounds on you so later mario

Big Cheese
06-10-2003, 02:19 PM
Tiger in answer to your question I graduated in 1995 but I didn't graduate from La Grange. My family moved here in 1997 and I followed in 1999.

tigerSville_04
06-10-2003, 02:29 PM
I really don't care what you have. I know I dont stop tell someone is in the hospital and if its me get ready Ill come back for somemore. But thats beside the point. I really just want us to squash this man. I know what I said was harsh and I wish I can take it back but I can't. So, you can take this apology or not. I just want to forget it happen cuz its in the past and thats something neither you or me can change..........#44.........out

tigerSville_04
06-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Big Cheese how is LG going to look this year coming up. I mean I know they are going to look good they always do, but what do you think?

Lombardi
06-10-2003, 04:31 PM
I am with 94. Win some games and then talk. All this bring it stuff. Talk about class. That is a lot of class telling teammates to attack someone's injury. Good luck at the naval academy 94.BTW, ya'll didn't have 60 in football off-season. You must be including 8th Graders.

tigerSville_04
06-10-2003, 10:55 PM
Dude, who are you to tell me what we got and what we dont have? You dont even know about us so just shut the FREAK up. I think I would know what we got and what we dont have. And like I said I was sorry and if he cant take that then me is just a puss. Its football, like everything goes but I know what I said so just shut the **** up and stay out of people business........#44........out.....i have one more thang to say. Why cant yall just support a team that has been down for couple of years. Talk about class. What kinda of class are you and him showing??????????????.......#44........OUT :mad:

Jacket2000
06-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Ok, children, settle this on the playground or somethin', not on a message board.
J2K

Old Tiger
06-10-2003, 11:15 PM
Good luck Smithville. Yalls JV has a lot of heart. I seen them play when they played Rockdale. It was a very back and forth game. I'll be watching yall next year to see how yall do.

Can you give a little bio on yalls safety I seen on texasprepxtra?(I don't remember his name though)

<small>[ June 10, 2003, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Old Tiger ]</small>

tigerSville_04
06-11-2003, 01:58 AM
The one of varsity, Jon Anderson, is that the one you mean? Sorry Jacket2000 just those dudes need to just quit hating a program thats trying to be rebuild. Ill quit stayin stuff like that sorry.

Big Cheese
06-11-2003, 08:37 AM
La Grange has quite a few returning...not sure on the number but some are the QB, Chase Anderle, not sure what the rest of these guys will play but Lance Schramm, Anthony Thomas, Anthony Strambler, Alby Stiffler plus some that are moving up off of JV. Had one guy last year that broke his ankle in the 2nd scrimmage and was out the whole season. If he can play he should be pretty good too.

Lombardi
06-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Nobody is hating. It is just a shame that someone is so stupid to speak before anything has been accomplished. So you need to shut your piehole and win some games. Walk the walk. Talk is cheap..

tigerSville_04
06-11-2003, 03:54 PM
LOL!!!!! You are so funny. See I can talk cuz I know either way if we win or lose as team we stepped it up big just by doing what we are doing now. I dont have to listen to you so why dont you do me a favor and just move on go down some other team. Why does it have to be a team that at the point of rebuilding?? Talk about class. What kinda class are you showing? I mean i asked you that last time and still you havent answered me. You know what your a NOBODY so just shut ur "piehole" and quit replying here........#44........out

Lombardi
06-12-2003, 01:21 AM
Win some games and I will support someone that has rebuilt a program. you haven't rebuilt if you don't win some games. You get 10 chances next year to shut this piehole. Until then, shut yours and get busy.

tigerSville_04
06-12-2003, 01:39 AM
Like I said, "Your a NOBODY to me so I dont have to prove anything to you." So freak off........#44.........out

Lombardi
06-12-2003, 08:46 AM
You proved you don't have a clue. peace--out.Get busy in that crowded weight room. 24AAA is shaking as we speak....

big daddy russ
06-12-2003, 11:10 AM
Alright, kids, simma down. Don't let this get out of hand guys. I want to see you on this board come August.

tigerSville_04
06-13-2003, 12:05 AM
Dude you talk alot of BS too. Where you from? Who are you? AND, how old are you?.......

Jacket2000
06-13-2003, 12:21 AM
Ok, Im not about to babysit anyone on here, so Im gonna go ahead and close this thread. You can continue this in private messages or in emails. But, if you'd like to continue posting on this message board, I suggest you ALL grow up!
J2K