PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 has best mascots

HornetPride
10-09-2002, 10:08 AM
Region IV has got some wacky mascots. Red Ants, Gladiators, Tarpons, Greyhounds, Vaqueros, Jersey, Sharks and Warhorses. Say what you want about poor 2A Somerville, but no one else has a Yegua Chief.

Specklebelly
10-09-2002, 10:15 AM
Progresso Red Ants and Robstown Cotton Pickers are my two favorites, both Region IV schools.

Phil C
10-09-2002, 11:27 AM
The Freer Buckaroos are in Region IV 2 A but I think they are the only team in the State that has buckaroo(a cowboy) as a mascot.

Chris Hart
10-09-2002, 03:57 PM
The Breckenridge Buckaroos are in 5-3A.

mwynn05
10-09-2002, 09:29 PM
i believe breckenridge is the broncos

AggieJohn
10-09-2002, 11:04 PM
all i want to know is who would want to be the blue tarpons...like all you do is hold up fish...imagine shirts made for playoff with mean looking fishes on them...haha...not that intimidating...but i will say one thing about port isabel is that they love their mascot...those people got something with blue fish

Chris Hart
10-09-2002, 11:21 PM
They are still the Breckenridge Buckaroos. Burnet lost to them in Bi-District back in the early 80's when Burnet was in Reg. 1.(got blown out too, like 34-13)

HornetPride
10-10-2002, 08:19 AM
Emory Bellard is from Breckenridge

footballgal
10-10-2002, 08:23 AM
explayer2001:
all i want to know is who would want to be the blue tarpons...like all you do is hold up fish...imagine shirts made for playoff with mean looking fishes on them...haha...not that intimidating...but i will say one thing about port isabel is that they love their mascot...those people got something with blue fishThe Port Isabel Tarpons are Silver not blue, if you're referring to my signature. I love dolphins and tropical life, (if you could see my office & bathroom you would have no doubt) its just coincidence that they fit into the mascot of the team I follow. And besides the image that's used is the pTi logo. There is a real nice picture of a real buffed Tarpon which actually looks intimidating he is painted on the entrance of the HS gym. Follow the older threads and you can see real life pictures of "Silver fighting Tarpons" They are huge and are one of the best sport fishing fish.

bd0707
10-10-2002, 08:40 AM
How bout them Hutto Hippos.

HornetPride
10-10-2002, 08:51 AM
Hippos will get one win against Smithville. That's how they are.

<small>[ October 10, 2002, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: HornetPride ]</small>

AggieJohn
10-10-2002, 09:57 AM
footballgal:

explayer2001:
all i want to know is who would want to be the blue tarpons...like all you do is hold up fish...imagine shirts made for playoff with mean looking fishes on them...haha...not that intimidating...but i will say one thing about port isabel is that they love their mascot...those people got something with blue fishThe Port Isabel Tarpons are Silver not blue, if you're referring to my signature. I love dolphins and tropical life, (if you could see my office & bathroom you would have no doubt) its just coincidence that they fit into the mascot of the team I follow. And besides the image that's used is the pTi logo. There is a real nice picture of a real buffed Tarpon which actually looks intimidating he is painted on the entrance of the HS gym. Follow the older threads and you can see real life pictures of "Silver fighting Tarpons" They are huge and are one of the best sport fishing fish.I know but the whole idea still is funny if ya know what i mean....it's just not your average team mascot........like i don't understand how this one high school i once played had a ship as a mascot....it's rather hilarious.......think about how you could hype over it.....go fighting tarpons....hurt the ships!!!!

HornetPride
10-10-2002, 10:04 AM
Groesbeck's Fightin' Goats - Gotta love 'em....

HornetPride
10-10-2002, 10:05 AM
explayer2001:

footballgal:

explayer2001:
all i want to know is who would want to be the blue tarpons...like all you do is hold up fish...imagine shirts made for playoff with mean looking fishes on them...haha...not that intimidating...but i will say one thing about port isabel is that they love their mascot...those people got something with blue fishThe Port Isabel Tarpons are Silver not blue, if you're referring to my signature. I love dolphins and tropical life, (if you could see my office & bathroom you would have no doubt) its just coincidence that they fit into the mascot of the team I follow. And besides the image that's used is the pTi logo. There is a real nice picture of a real buffed Tarpon which actually looks intimidating he is painted on the entrance of the HS gym. Follow the older threads and you can see real life pictures of "Silver fighting Tarpons" They are huge and are one of the best sport fishing fish.I know but the whole idea still is funny if ya know what i mean....it's just not your average team mascot........like i don't understand how this one high school i once played had a ship as a mascot....it's rather hilarious.......think about how you could hype over it.....go fighting tarpons....hurt the ships!!!!Do you mean Exporters (as in Brazosport?)

chris02
10-10-2002, 11:09 AM
yeah gotta love the goats as a mascot, i heard of that one and wondered what was going through those people's minds. i guess it fits w/ the g thing but still. course then there's always the trojan as a mascot, i think it's a rather good one but having gone to a school as a trojan it never failed that someone from some other school would figure out u were a trojan and make some stupid condom joke...

District303aPastPlayer
10-10-2002, 12:16 PM
GO GANDERS!!! -BaytownLee... ha!

big daddy russ
10-10-2002, 12:45 PM
new braunfels unicorns... thats all you need to hear.

footballgal
10-10-2002, 02:24 PM
Hey Explayer2001 that running Panther that's way too cool. :cool:

How 'bout the Rocksprings Angoras (2A) it's a mountain goat, which I am sure they picked from what is the people's livehood, they herd and sheer Angoras.

Now a Unicorn, that's rather itimidating, my daughter has one, with rainbow painted on the body she can't sleep at night with in the room cuz it's too scary... hehe. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/icons/icon12.gif