PDA

View Full Version : Kam Jones

warrior12
01-31-2010, 01:02 AM
Has committed to UTSA

YTBulldogs
01-31-2010, 03:12 AM
Thought he'd get better offers than this. He really impressed me this year.

What was some of the other offers he got, if any?

big daddy russ
01-31-2010, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Thought he'd get better offers than this. He really impressed me this year.

What was some of the other offers he got, if any?
If I remember correctly, it was between UTSA and Sam Houston State. UTSA will be a DI-A school here in a few years, and Jones will have a great chance of starting on Larry Coker's team from the get-go.

I know he was also receiving some serious consideration from Nebraska, TCU, and Houston, but it seemed like Nebraska had the kind of season where they could nab a higher-rated prospect and for the Frogs and Coogs he was a backup option in case one their commits fell through on signing day.

In the end, UTSA was his only offer he was reported to receive from an FBS school (though they won't be FBS for three more years).

Personally, I think it's a great spot for him.

coach
01-31-2010, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If I remember correctly, it was between UTSA and Sam Houston State. UTSA will be a DI-A school here in a few years, and Jones will have a great chance of starting on Larry Coker's team from the get-go.

I know he was also receiving some serious consideration from Nebraska, TCU, and Houston, but it seemed like Nebraska had the kind of season where they could nab a higher-rated prospect and for the Frogs and Coogs he was a backup option in case one their commits fell through on signing day.

In the end, UTSA was his only offer he was reported to receive from an FBS school (though they won't be FBS for three more years).

Personally, I think it's a great spot for him.

UTSA and Larry Cocker in the same sentence.....thats just crazy

warrior12
01-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Virgina, Sam Houston, Houston and OU but they wanted him to play defense

Green Bling
01-31-2010, 04:09 PM
This off the UTSA First Class of Roadrunners on the MySA website:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/First_class_of_Roadrunners.html

Kam Jones
School: Edna

Position, size: Athlete; 6-0, 180

2009 stats: Passed for 1,891 yards, 13 TDs; rushed for 1,161 yards, 15 TDs

Scouting: Excellent all-around ability... Totaled 627 yards and eight TDs in a playoff win over Luling... Lacks a clear position in college.

Daddy D 11
01-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by coach
UTSA and Larry Cocker in the same sentence.....thats just crazy

That's what I was just thinking.