PDA

View Full Version : Region I Scattershooting

vet93
10-07-2003, 02:34 PM
After taking a week off for the bye week...I am back in the saddle and ready to go.

Sweetwater/Snyder looks to be a great game. Sweetwater definitely has the upper hand but Snyder has come on late. Snyder pulled off a shocker last year, but I don't expect it this year. The Mustangs will remember last year and come ready to play at the Mustang Bowl. Snyder has improved greatly from a early season slump and seem to be prepared to make a playoff run this year. Don't be surprised if this one is closer than many think....Sweetwater by 7.

Merkel/Seminole looked to be a good game at the beginning of the year (and it still might be) but Merkel continues to steadily improve and Seminole has been very inconsistent at times. I look for Merkel to roll in this one. I will take the Badgers by a bunch.

Greenwood/Monahans should be a Ranger blowout. The one thing that could keep it close would be turnovers. Greenwood had the turnover bug at the beginning of the season but have done much better of late. Coach Hanna's teams have had a history of being much better in the second half of the season...if the Loboes can get things going they could sneak into the playoffs the 2 and 3 spots in the district are wide open.

Kermit/Pecos is a very interesting game. Pecos has the athletes and the school enrollment but Kermit has some really tough kids. Coach Jones can get alot out of his players. I am going to go with Kermit in a close game but would not be surprised if Pecos doesn't win the game. I don't think that there is any way that Kermit will cover the 24 point spread that they are given over Pecos.

Graham/Childress touts an undefeated Childress team that is about to get a reality check. I think that the Steers will roll with the inside Veer and blowout Childress.

Vernon should Dominate Bowie. It could get ugly.

Breck/Iowa Park is the best matchup in district 5-3a this week. It will also very likely decide a playoff spot. Breck upset Ballinger 3 weeks ago but were dominated by Merkel. Breck seems to be repeating last years trend. I think that Iowa Park will take this game by 7-10 points but I don't count Breck completely out.

Abilene Wylie/Clyde looked to be a promising game that could have had playoff implications before the season started but for some reason Clyde has been in a slump. Don't count Clyde completely out because they played Wylie tough last year but I don't think that they are quite ready yet. I pick Wylie by 21. Hopefully Clyde can pull things together and make a run.

Comanche should handle Early pretty easily.

Ballinger/Brady looks to be the best Matchup in 6-3a this week. The Bearcats are in a slump. If they don't begin the process of turning things around it could make for a very long and dissappointing season. Brady, on the other hand is surging right now. They are coming off of a good win against an improved Llano team and almost knocked off the #1 team in 2a, Comfort. The game is in Ballinger and for some reason I have a gut feeling that the Bearcats are going to begin to climb back into playing typical Bearcat football. I am picking the Bearcats by 14 but this game could go either way depending on who shows up ready to play.

7-3a looks to be pretty set this week. Decatur should roll, Bridgeport should beat Lake Worth and Lake Dallas should beat Little Elm. If Little Elm could pull off the upset though...it could force Decatur into Division I and throw things up in the air! At this point I don't think that it will happen, but who knows.

8-3a is much like 7-3a...the favorites should win (Everman over Castleberry, Kennedale over Venus and Glen Rose over Godley). It will be interesting to see if Venus, who has shown much improvement, can hang with Kennedale for a few quarters.

What are your thoughts? :)

CatWoman
10-07-2003, 03:10 PM
Vet, I agree with practically all your picks. In another post I stated how I was scared about Brady this week and wondered if the Bearcats would have it all together. I sure hope they do.

Wtx_coach
10-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Hey VET and CATWOMAN- I do beleive Coach Owens will have the boys ready to play and make a run into the playoffs, you guys have a great man and a great coach, good luck bearcats!!

CatWoman
10-07-2003, 03:51 PM
WtxCoach -- No doubt about the coach. We are lucky to have him. The first half of the season the guys have really been unpredictible.

vet93
10-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Hey coach...How are things out in the far reaches? Are the Eagles going to be ready to take on the YellowJackets this week? It sure seems like Pecos has improved from last year.

Wtx_coach:
Hey VET and CATWOMAN- I do beleive Coach Owens will have the boys ready to play and make a run into the playoffs, you guys have a great man and a great coach, good luck bearcats!!

Wtx_coach
10-07-2003, 11:56 PM
Hey VET, we are ready for the yellowjackets, i think its going to be a good game, if we play mistake free football we should win the ballgame, but hey these are kids were talking about so you never know, thats why you play the game!!