PDA

View Full Version : Old uniforms and helmets

orange machine
01-30-2010, 11:23 PM
I was thinking how the Celina uniforms have not changed much over the years until this year and really they didnt change that much. I would like to see Celina go back to the white helmets with the orange face mask and orange Celina logo on the side of the helmet i think that helmet looked good. Anybody else miss the old uniforms from the team you support?

lvbears32
01-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I was thinking how the Celina uniforms have not changed much over the years until this year and really they didnt change that much. I would like to see Celina go back to the white helmets with the orange face mask and orange Celina logo on the side of the helmet i think that helmet looked good. Anybody else miss the old uniforms from the team you support?

la vernia changes our uniform every other year

bobcat4life
01-31-2010, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I was thinking how the Celina uniforms have not changed much over the years until this year and really they didnt change that much. I would like to see Celina go back to the white helmets with the orange face mask and orange Celina logo on the side of the helmet i think that helmet looked good. Anybody else miss the old uniforms from the team you support? I still dont like how the Nike uniforms have a much lighter orange.
And I miss the old helmets also. they looked alot cooler. But when we wear all white, I Like the orange helmets

NateDawg39
01-31-2010, 12:39 AM
Decatur has made quite a few changes since 2001....Right now they have a blue helmet that fades into black that looks pretty cool. I like the all white away unis and the black pants with blue home jerseys. Need to find pics of them

bobcat4life
01-31-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Decatur has made quite a few changes since 2001....Right now they have a blue helmet that fades into black that looks pretty cool. I like the all white away unis and the black pants with blue home jerseys. Need to find pics of them is that running back that should be a soph. next year still there? I played against him a few years ago in jr high and that guy could flat play. he was blazing fast. his name was Danny Nipp I think

NateDawg39
01-31-2010, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
is that running back that should be a soph. next year still there? I played against him a few years ago in jr high and that guy could flat play. he was blazing fast. his name was Danny Nipp I think Ya know, honestly, I have been traveling the world so much the past 2 years I don't really know any of the players. Now that I am back in the States, I am going to try and catch some games

gatordaze
01-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
is that running back that should be a soph. next year still there? I played against him a few years ago in jr high and that guy could flat play. he was blazing fast. his name was Danny Nipp I think

That is him. The only loss that team had was against Decatur and the Nipper.

Daddy D 11
01-31-2010, 09:17 PM
LH's uniforms haven't changed in 10 years. Even though I hear next year we will have tighter fitting jerseys. Same look but not the old school loose ones like before. I personally do not like when teams change their uniforms a lot, I think in a sense you build tradition when you have a consistent uniform because the young kids visualize playing in a certain uni, they kind of form a "goal" to where that certain uniform one day.

trojan37
01-31-2010, 10:00 PM
West is changing, again, like they do every two years. The old home jerseys will go to the j.v., so they will get new ones for home but keep the same black pants, and will have all white road uni's next year. It's the first time West has had all white road uni's in a loooooooooooooong time.

shamu85
01-31-2010, 10:01 PM
I agree about the old Celina white helmets. Orange is a bad enough color, but when you have orange helmets, pants and jerseys, it just looks downright ugly. That C they had on their helmet looked pretty sharp, too.

VWG
01-31-2010, 10:28 PM
Vernon has kept their classic helmet logo for years.

Really like the Lion through the "V" on the helmet.

Old Green
01-31-2010, 11:00 PM
In 2004, Coach Reeve brought back the current uniforms first worn by the Gobblers in 1969 when Buster Gilbreath was head Coach. They were sharp then and still look good to today. All that was missing was white shoes worn back then. Hope Cuero never changes the stile.

Daddy D 11
01-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Yeah i love Cuero's uniforms. Real classic

5wide
01-31-2010, 11:13 PM
i like gilmers, they are very sharp. Also like navasota's.