PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow under attack from Gloria Allred

turbostud
01-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/29/tim-tebow-super-bowl-ad-m_n_442808.html)

PhiI C
01-30-2010, 11:30 PM
I would like to see the ad.

turbostud
01-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Me too.

WOS87
01-30-2010, 11:46 PM
:rolleyes:

Wait seven and a half days and you will

I'm not sure how he's "under attack" though

bobcat4life
01-31-2010, 12:21 AM
I call it: best superbowl add of the 2010 superbowl

STANG RED
01-31-2010, 12:22 AM
Well Im now an official Tim Tebow fan. If he's being attacked by Gloria Allred, he must be doing something right. Watch out Tim, Gloria Steinem is coming for you next, with Hanoi Jane close behind.

Diocletian
01-31-2010, 02:45 AM
Combine this with the horrible performance at the Senior Bowl... and you get one very undraftable player..

As Dave Chappell would say... "The Milk's Gone Dry!"

bigwood33
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
Combine this with the horrible performance at the Senior Bowl... and you get one very undraftable player..

He will be drafted. This past week at the Senior bowl can't undo what he did at Florida. He certainly isn't a prototype NFL qb but the guy is a football player and winner.

Old Tiger
01-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Tebow should give up football and go into politics. I don't care for him much but I think he could have a very bright future in politics.

Ranger Mom
01-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian

Everybody has a bad day! You can't take away his accomplishments.

If he wants to run a commercial during the superbowl...more power to him.

First amendment right...Freedom of Speech!!

DDBooger
01-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Everybody has a bad day! You can't take away his accomplishments.

If he wants to run a commercial during the superbowl...more power to him.

First amendment right...Freedom of Speech!! Entirely agree, while I don't agree with his politics, I certainly expect him to be afforded the right to explain his POV. If you don't believe in the freedom of speech for you enemy, you don't believe in freedom of speech (in this case the enemy to many who don't agree with his political msg).
I think Alred may have blown up the truth in their faces, but it makes no difference, it's his stance

football wise, he'll go the way of Eric Crouch, it will just take a little longer for him to realize, or a concussion compliments of a NFL linebacker.

sinton66
01-31-2010, 02:28 PM
"I ain't no doctor, and I ain't no nurse. Ain't no lawyer, babe, and nothing could be worse."

~John Fogerty in the song "Long Shot"

bandera7
01-31-2010, 07:53 PM
I admire that Tebow takes stances instead of sitting on the fence like everybody else.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Well I definitely lost a lot of respect for him if this is a commercial saying that abortion should be banned. If it's just him saying that he doesn't support abortion, well, I can't fault him for having that opinion.

Highschoolfan78
01-31-2010, 10:44 PM
I thought it said he was attacked by a Gorilla.. That would have been a more interesting story.

JasperDog94
02-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Shouldn't the pro-choice people be in support of this ad? After all, Tebow's mom made a choice.:thinking:

navscanmaster
02-01-2010, 12:32 AM
I see it as more of an "I choose/chose life" type message than as a call for banning abortion. It is designed to make people think that by choosing abortion, you are throwing away a life of unknown possibilities and accomplishments. I would think the underlying goal of the message is to shore up anti-abortion sentiments. Oh yeah, and as has been said before, any enemy of Gloria Allred is a friend of mine!

navscanmaster
02-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Shouldn't the pro-choice people be in support of this ad? After all, Tebow's mom made a choice.:thinking:

Exactly:doh:

Txbroadcaster
02-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Well I definitely lost a lot of respect for him

This is the problem with politics..Not meaning to just you BBDE, but both sides...Why would you lose respect for someone with conviction on an issue simply because you dont agree with it?

You might not agree with the issues with someone but that does not mean respect has to be lost.

lvbears32
02-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
I admire that Tebow takes stances instead of sitting on the fence like everybody else.

i agree 100%

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
This is the problem with politics..Not meaning to just you BBDE, but both sides...Why would you lose respect for someone with conviction on an issue simply because you dont agree with it?

You might not agree with the issues with someone but that does not mean respect has to be lost.

It all depends on how he presents it. If it's a promotion of his own opinion of abortion being wrong then I don't mind, it's just a matter of presentation. To me there is a difference in getting up and stating your opinion than getting up and promoting political action that tramples on the individual rights and freedoms of others.

bobcat4life
02-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Shouldn't the pro-choice people be in support of this ad? After all, Tebow's mom made a choice.:thinking: pro choice is simply a term for pro abortion. there is almost no choice involved-its either abortion or a kid and do what you feel.

Txbroadcaster
02-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It all depends on how he presents it. If it's a promotion of his own opinion of abortion being wrong then I don't mind, it's just a matter of presentation. To me there is a difference in getting up and stating your opinion than getting up and promoting political action that tramples on the individual rights and freedoms of others.

Your still saying hey if I dont agree with his politics then I will not respect him as a person.