PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Winter Olympics

carter08
01-30-2010, 08:12 PM
One of my profs made a great point the other day. He works at the Chronicle and is in charge of the daily Olympic section and was confused as to why every four years he has to work longer hours for something that people don't really care about.

So, my question to you is this:

Does anyone actually care that the Olympics are a couple weeks away?

And if you do, which "sports" are you looking forward to?

<sar> Me, I can't wait for the Curling matches. </sar>

goosealaniz
01-30-2010, 08:36 PM
i didnt even know that they were in a couple weeks until earlier... im not that into the winter olympics... im more of a summer guy cuz i like volleyball and the track events... but if i had to choose a certain olympic event it would prolly be curling, i dont know why but i like watching that

CelinaCatFan
01-30-2010, 08:39 PM
I've been looking forward to it. It's a matter of national pride and wanting to see how many medals we earn.

bobcat4life
01-30-2010, 08:46 PM
I have known about them but I really havent had any interest so far. I will probably get a little more interested when they get closer though

Green Bling
01-30-2010, 08:50 PM
I always watch as much of all the sports I can. Even Curling. The Olympics, winter or summer, embody the spirit of sports. While I am more avid about the summer events, I still look forward to each Olympiad. AND the Winter Games help ease the end of football season!:D