PDA

View Full Version : All State QB's

bullfan1
12-18-2001, 06:03 PM
1st let me say congratulations to Commerce. What a great, well rounded team. I will be in Waco, sitting on the Commerce side and cheering y'all on. I think the All state qb has to be Daugherty. 6'3" and about 210, he has all the tools. What I think is unique is that he threw for 4600+yards to 5 different receivers. The multiple offense of Bridgeport requires alot of reads and checks. When he did run the ball, he ran very effectively. Alot has been made about the 51 attempts against Commerce. When you are down 21-0 early, what else would you expect? Without his arm and great receivers, we would have had to roll over and die. With this offense, they actually made it interesting until the end. He barely missed Luker of Stephenville's single season yardage, but you have to notice that 2400+ of Luker's yards went to Cardwell. It was a great season for Bridgeport and it was sure fun, but the best thing is we have a lot of those guys coming back next year.

eye of the tiger
12-18-2001, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the support BullFan. Daugherty is the real deal for sure. I was on the edge of my seat everytime Bridgeport was on offense. Everytime he threw the ball was a potential touchdown. He gets my vote for all state.

ethsfbnut
12-18-2001, 08:06 PM
bullfan1...thanks for your support and others from Bridgeport. As eyeofthetiger stated, believe all the Tiger fans were on edge of their seats when Bulls had the ball. Game was still anybody`s `til interception late in 4th qtr.

Daugherty deserves All-State recognition and possibly some of the receivers. If for some reason they don`t get it this year, it should be a lock next year. Luck to ya`ll.

Go TIGERS!!!!!