PDA

View Full Version : My College Football Preview for 2010

bobcat4life
01-29-2010, 11:29 PM
what is your pre-season top 10 for college football/teams to watch for next season?

here is mine:

1. Alabama. -they the champs til they aint the champs no more.

2. Ohio State. -alot coming back. I give them until October before they get beat.

3. Va. Tech -always fast and Beamers teams have great special teams and defense, with the return of Tyrod Taylor, who is finally developing as a passer.

4. Florida. -should be good again with the talent in the recent recruititng classes. Should at least have enough to compensate for the loss of Tebow and Brandon Spikes.

5. Boise St. -will have 21 returning starters. it should be illegal to have that much back from an undefeated team

6 Texas. -Always a force in the Big 12 that should be very athletic and should grow around Garret Gilbert. His play determines how far they go

7. Nebraska. - young team that was a force late in the season and if the offense develops with many key players coming back, they could be a title contender

8. Miami. -Very young team growing up. has showed flashes the past 2 years of greatness. In year 3 of the rebirth of Miami football, expect great things if they continue to develop and gell.

9. USC. -Lane Kiffen will have a bevy of talent around him to assemble a national title contender

10. Georgia Tech. -Very athletic team returning. With Nesbitt and if Jonathan Dwyer returns they could be a very good team once again.

Teams to watch:

Oklahoma-with Landry Jones having a year under his belt, and 8 starters back from a great defense, they could be much improved. It all depends on if the offensive line and recievers improve to make them a top 15 team again.

Oregon-Always very fast and athletic, and expect much of the same in their spread offense this year.

TCU-once again a cantidate to be a BCS buster. Gary Patterson is one of the best coaches in the nation and should once again have a great team

Oregon St.-Jaquizz Rodgers return makes them a great team once again

Texas Tech- Tuberville is a great coach who could make an immediate impact in Lubbock

LSU-once again will be loaded with athletes. Now, if Jefferson can develop as a quarterback they will be a force in the SEC West once again

Pittsburg-Dion Lewis is returning and should be the focal point of the offense that scored 44 on Cincinatti

Texas A&M-Sherman has recruited great so far and has a great stable of offensive talent that could put them in the top 20 nationally

lvbears32
01-29-2010, 11:38 PM
i would pretty much agree

carter08
01-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Houston Cougars go undefeated, probably get shafted out of title game, end up ranked 2nd overall in final poll.

Whose house?
Coogs house.

bobcat4life
01-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
what is your pre-season top 10 for college football/teams to watch for next season?

here is mine:

1. Alabama. -they the champs til they aint the champs no more.

2. Ohio State. -alot coming back. I give them until October before they get beat.

3. Va. Tech -always fast and Beamers teams have great special teams and defense, with the return of Tyrod Taylor, who is finally developing as a passer.

4. Florida. -should be good again with the talent in the recent recruititng classes. Should at least have enough to compensate for the loss of Tebow and Brandon Spikes.

5. Boise St. -will have 21 returning starters. it should be illegal to have that much back from an undefeated team

6 Texas. -Always a force in the Big 12 that should be very athletic and should grow around Garret Gilbert. His play determines how far they go

7. Nebraska. - young team that was a force late in the season and if the offense develops with many key players coming back, they could be a title contender

8. Miami. -Very young team growing up. has showed flashes the past 2 years of greatness. In year 3 of the rebirth of Miami football, expect great things if they continue to develop and gell.

9. USC. -Lane Kiffen will have a bevy of talent around him to assemble a national title contender

10. Georgia Tech. -Very athletic team returning. With Nesbitt and if Jonathan Dwyer returns they could be a very good team once again.

Teams to watch:

Oklahoma-with Landry Jones having a year under his belt, and 8 starters back from a great defense, they could be much improved. It all depends on if the offensive line and recievers improve to make them a top 15 team again.

Oregon-Always very fast and athletic, and expect much of the same in their spread offense this year.

TCU-once again a cantidate to be a BCS buster. Gary Patterson is one of the best coaches in the nation and should once again have a great team

Oregon St.-Jaquizz Rodgers return makes them a great team once again

Texas Tech- Tuberville is a great coach who could make an immediate impact in Lubbock

LSU-once again will be loaded with athletes. Now, if Jefferson can develop as a quarterback they will be a force in the SEC West once again

Pittsburg-Dion Lewis is returning and should be the focal point of the offense that scored 44 on Cincinatti

Texas A&M-Sherman has recruited great so far and has a great stable of offensive talent that could put them in the top 20 nationally
I forgot about Michigan. I think they could have a really big year behind Tate Forcier. That kid is a great quarterback who is only going to get better.

Daddy D 11
01-30-2010, 02:53 PM
I know Dwyer left, but didn't Nesbit too? And they lost their stud DE so Georgia Tech will definitely have some shoes to fill. Bama has some serious shoes to fill on defense as well with Cody, Arenas and McClain leaving. Florida will not be that good, no matter how great this years class is. When you lose every defensive starter, almost your whole line and tim tebow you are screwed. I like your Va Tech, Nebraska and Miami predictions though, I think all those teams will be that good. Texas will be great again and will be right back in the title game if Gilbert plays a little better than expected, if he plays average I still think they only lose 1 game along the way. Landry Jones is a big question mark, people forget he started every game but 3. 1 game he played the entire second half and another he played every snap but the first drive. So in a sense he played 11 1/2 games and still struggled big time. Having a year of being the man in the off season could help him but I still have my doubts about him, he's gonna need some serious protection to be a good quarterback in the big 12.