PDA

View Full Version : Post Padding is Bad

bobcat4life
01-29-2010, 09:30 PM
In the past few days, a new "trend" called post padding has emerged. I, along with Nate, LE Dad, lvbears32, have been making random statements of nonsense to increase the number of posts under my belt. I have had nearly 600 posts in the past week, and not more than a handful did not involve the great Brad McCoy or jibberish that was just a lot of nonsensical babble.
In the light of the sanctions placed upon me by our very respectable mods, I have come to the conclusion that post-padding is bad. It is wrong and immoral and has a negative effect on the entire downlow. This is a great site that provides a ton of information on everything that goes on in 3A in Texas.
There is no room for something like pad posting on this site. It can get in the way if you are trying to be mature and have a serious sports discussion with another member of this site. It clogs the forums with things that shouldnt be on there and causes the mods to have to try to control these things, which often results in somebody getting banned or benched. I know nobody wants to have this be their fate. This site is a favorite of many people who do not deserve to put up with our nonsense and all the crap we put on here.
We all owe it to ourselves, the mods, the admins, the readers, and the other members of this site not to try and add up a post number that really doesnt mean much in the end. We need to listen to kep's message when he said, "quality over quanity" and take that to heart. He is right. Post padding is childish and beneath everybody on this board. We all know it, even if we dont act upon it. We should provide honest opinions and statements over the different threads in the forums and try to provide an insight into sports and help each other to learn more. We should provide valid arguments to support our thoughts and opinions that we present throughout each thread. We all need to be aware of the rules of the forums and abide by them. This was intended to be an informational site and all the post padding that has been occuring has changed that.
We need to strive to avoid post padding and become better members of this site. We should avoid all the pointless bantering and name calling as well. This site is great and if we follow the rules, it can be even better. I enjoy this site and think we should follow the rules better so that people can continue to enjoy this site. We should continue to encourage new members and help this site continue to grow as a whole. We owe it to each other, and to the mods and admins, to help this site after all that they have put into to maintainance, development, and hours they have put in here.

bobcat4life

WOS87
01-29-2010, 09:35 PM
LOL! Now I want you to stand in front of the class and read it out loud!!

:devil:

bobcat4life
01-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
LOL! Now I want you to stand in front of the class and read it out loud!!

:devil: well I just got banned from all the "post padding" threads, so this is my open apology to the rest of the DL

carter08
01-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Lol. I wouldn't call post padding a "new trend".

bobcat4life
01-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Lol. I wouldn't call post padding a "new trend". well- me, Nate, lvbears32, LEDad & Ump have done it alot-at least enough to call it a trend between us

carter08
01-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
well- me, Nate, lvbears32, LEDad & Ump have done it alot-at least enough to call it a trend between us

Oh, you misunderstand. While it is definitely a trend, it is far from being a new one.

bobcat4life
01-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Oh, you misunderstand. While it is definitely a trend, it is far from being a new one. yes it has been around for a while but it has not ever been so frequently used (over 1000 combined post in 3 days) before

carter08
01-29-2010, 09:56 PM
yes it has been around for a while but it has not ever been so frequently used (over 1000 combined post in 3 days) before

Oh, I'm sure it has.

I know it's a different board, but I'm pretty sure me and another guy hit 1000 posts together in a weekend on Texashsfootball. Mmm, forum games.

bobcat4life
01-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh, I'm sure it has.

I know it's a different board, but I'm pretty sure me and another guy hit 1000 posts together in a weekend on Texashsfootball. Mmm, forum games. ahh texashsfootball. I havent been there in over a year. How is it now?
and Im sure its been like it has the past 2 days on here before, but I havent seen it like this

carter08
01-29-2010, 10:03 PM
ahh texashsfootball. I havent been there in over a year. How is it now?
and Im sure its been like it has the past 2 days on here before, but I havent seen it like this

Dead. Non-sports forum averages maybe 2 posts a week. Sad times, I got 6000 posts over there in about a year. Good times.

bobcat4life
01-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Dead. Non-sports forum averages maybe 2 posts a week. Sad times, I got 6000 posts over there in about a year. Good times. dang...that sucks. I really like it there too

lvbears32
01-29-2010, 10:08 PM
well- me, Nate, lvbears32, LEDad & Ump have done it alot-at least enough to call it a trend between us

i take no responsibility! i was simply commenting on their pad posting several times

WOS87
01-29-2010, 10:09 PM
ahh texashsfootball. I havent been there in over a year. How is it now?

I'm an ADMIN there... come on over! :devil:

carter08
01-29-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm an ADMIN there... come on over! :devil:

I miss that board. I talk to Chris on AIM every so often, but I never actually go over there and post. Shame on me.

WOS87
01-29-2010, 10:12 PM
That's where 100% of my content is based... but then it's not polite to speak of other websites, otherwise I might get banned here myself LOL. It is however one of the official sites on the Links page here.

Honestly I spend more time here!

bobcat4life
01-29-2010, 10:17 PM
That's where 100% of my content is based... but then it's not polite to speak of other websites, otherwise I might get banned here myself LOL. It is however one of the official sites on the Links page here.

Honestly I spend more time here! I think Im gonna drop by there later tonight and see if its changed any. I really miss that site. I only had like 250 posts, and 8 on the newer one I got right before I stopped going there.
Carter-we should try to get that place going again

Ranger Mom
01-29-2010, 10:40 PM
I think Im gonna drop by there later tonight and see if its changed any. I really miss that site. I only had like 250 posts, and 8 on the newer one I got right before I stopped going there.
Carter-we should try to get that place going again

That is actually where I met Carter08!!:D

A "post padding" thread is not so bad, multiple ones are just annoying.

I love off-season because of all the silliness, but I like fun interesting threads. Strictly post padding threads are anything but, IMO.

carter08
01-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That is actually where I met Carter08!!:D

A "post padding" thread is not so bad, multiple ones are just annoying.

I love off-season because of all the silliness, but I like fun interesting threads. Strictly post padding threads are anything but, IMO.

Must we spell the whole name out? It's so formal.

Ranger Mom
01-29-2010, 10:52 PM

Sorry....I didn't even realize I did it!! haha

Green Bling
01-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Do you want us to call you Car, or maybe just C? Just tell us what you prefer.

WOS87
01-29-2010, 11:02 PM
I call post-padding on ALL of you! LOL ;)

:hijacktd:

carter08
01-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Do you want us to call you Car, or maybe just C? Just tell us what you prefer.

Moonpie?
J-Car?
Zero-Eight?
C-Man?
Cartman?
Carty?
Joseph McCarthy?
Bob?
El Caro?

carter08
01-29-2010, 11:03 PM

:hijacktd:

Unnecessary post is post padding.

Green Bling
01-29-2010, 11:05 PM
:D :D Nighty Night, Peeps!:D :D

bobcat4life
01-29-2010, 11:18 PM

:hijacktd: I call it on everyone posting on here.

i was issuing an apology to everyone on the downlow because I have annoyed the hell out of them all week. We should be talking about how post padding is bad.

PhiI C
01-29-2010, 11:21 PM
To each their own. I still prefer to have quality posts rather than quantity posts. :)

SintonFan
01-29-2010, 11:42 PM
In the past few days, a new "trend" called post padding has emerged. I, along with Nate, LE Dad, lvbears32, have been making random statements of nonsense to increase the number of posts under my belt. I have had nearly 600 posts in the past week, and not more than a handful did not involve the great Brad McCoy or jibberish that was just a lot of nonsensical babble.
In the light of the sanctions placed upon me by our very respectable mods, I have come to the conclusion that post-padding is bad. It is wrong and immoral and has a negative effect on the entire downlow. This is a great site that provides a ton of information on everything that goes on in 3A in Texas.
There is no room for something like pad posting on this site. It can get in the way if you are trying to be mature and have a serious sports discussion with another member of this site. It clogs the forums with things that shouldnt be on there and causes the mods to have to try to control these things, which often results in somebody getting banned or benched. I know nobody wants to have this be their fate. This site is a favorite of many people who do not deserve to put up with our nonsense and all the crap we put on here.
We all owe it to ourselves, the mods, the admins, the readers, and the other members of this site not to try and add up a post number that really doesnt mean much in the end. We need to listen to kep's message when he said, "quality over quanity" and take that to heart. He is right. Post padding is childish and beneath everybody on this board. We all know it, even if we dont act upon it. We should provide honest opinions and statements over the different threads in the forums and try to provide an insight into sports and help each other to learn more. We should provide valid arguments to support our thoughts and opinions that we present throughout each thread. We all need to be aware of the rules of the forums and abide by them. This was intended to be an informational site and all the post padding that has been occuring has changed that.
We need to strive to avoid post padding and become better members of this site. We should avoid all the pointless bantering and name calling as well. This site is great and if we follow the rules, it can be even better. I enjoy this site and think we should follow the rules better so that people can continue to enjoy this site. We should continue to encourage new members and help this site continue to grow as a whole. We owe it to each other, and to the mods and admins, to help this site after all that they have put into to maintainance, development, and hours they have put in here.

bobcat4life

Post padding is bad....mmmkay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-AfOhyn_S4

bobcat4life
01-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Post padding is bad....mmmkay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-AfOhyn_S4 I love that!!!

but I have undergone an "awakening" and now have come to embrace the philosophy that "quality over quanity"

SintonFan
01-30-2010, 01:02 AM
I love that!!!

but I have undergone an "awakening" and now have come to embrace the philosophy that "quality over quanity"

I have always lived close to "down by the river".:D

NateDawg39
01-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Hey I feel the point of a thread and post based website IS to post random junk and important info...No apology needed Bobcat! Keep doing your thing no matter what! ;)

Txbroadcaster
01-30-2010, 01:51 AM
yea

NateDawg39
01-30-2010, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Hey I feel the point of a thread and post based website IS to post random junk and important info...No apology needed Bobcat! Keep doing your thing no matter what! ;) Of course, as long as you, and I and everyone else follows the rules. Rules are in place so that we may all share in a comfortable environment while sharing information about sports, and other subjects that follow the given guide lines by the creators of this website. If you feel that you somehow may be breaking one of those rules, ask a mod, they will point you in the right direction, rather it be to the corresponding rules you may be fracturing, or they might just give you a friendly idea as to how to properly post a subject without breaking one of those rules ;)

NateDawg39
01-30-2010, 02:07 AM
chicken noodle gumbo shrimp pasta bowl salad and soup pad posting

NateDawg39
01-30-2010, 02:17 AM
All should refer to my above statements for a chance to gain intelligence

bobcat4life
01-30-2010, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I have always lived close to "down by the river".:D I raised myself by a river, so that is my home, no matter where I roam, down by the river will always be home:D

Twirling Time
01-30-2010, 06:10 AM
I agree.

Twirling Time
01-30-2010, 06:11 AM
Post padding is bad. ;D

lvbears32
01-30-2010, 07:35 AM
same

lvbears32
01-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by lvbears32
same
here

bobcat4life
02-17-2010, 08:15 PM
As a newly appointed POST PADDING MODERATOR, this should be a sticky

carter08
02-17-2010, 09:35 PM
POST PADDERS.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

BaseballUmp
02-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Hmm I will no longer be a part of the post padding moderator club...I dont want anymore pms haha again here i go im gonna try and be a good guy and stick to my guns...oh and bobcat maybe you should go back and read the initial post that started this thread lol.

NateDawg39
02-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Hmm I will no longer be a part of the post padding moderator club...I dont want anymore pms haha again here i go im gonna try and be a good guy and stick to my guns...oh and bobcat maybe you should go back and read the initial post that started this thread lol. traitor :mad:

BaseballUmp
02-17-2010, 10:19 PM
double agent maybe lol:cool:

TheDOCTORdre
02-17-2010, 10:20 PM
I was here to post pad...in case this thread gets closed

NateDawg39
02-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
double agent maybe lol:cool: Hey if it pays the bills lol

BILLYFRED0000
02-18-2010, 08:52 AM
what was this thread about......

BILLYFRED0000
02-18-2010, 08:53 AM
and can i do it too......

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
and can i do it too...... First you must prove yourself :D

BILLYFRED0000
02-18-2010, 08:55 AM
today?

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 08:55 AM
today? The deadline is the 21st so you have a few days

BILLYFRED0000
02-18-2010, 08:56 AM
But I am at work.

BILLYFRED0000
02-18-2010, 08:56 AM
I don't like dead lines. prefer the living ones.

BILLYFRED0000
02-18-2010, 08:57 AM
I

BILLYFRED0000
02-18-2010, 08:57 AM
love

BILLYFRED0000
02-18-2010, 08:58 AM
BILLYFRED0000
02-18-2010, 08:59 AM
padding............... gotta get to 5000......

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
padding............... gotta get to 5000...... :mad: :mad: Rule Breaker!! Outlaw!!!

waterboy
02-18-2010, 09:32 AM
:wave: