PDA

View Full Version : commerce parking

surfspike
11-01-2001, 08:13 PM
I hope that Commerce has ALOT more parking than Forney's sorry staduim. Every forney game i've been to all the people have had to resort to parking on the baseball fields as well as all around the neighborhood streets. EYE OF TIGER, will there be more than enough parking? I'm sure alot of Forney fans will be there. I plan on going and just want a bit of info ahead of time. Thanks.

eye of the tiger
11-01-2001, 09:17 PM
Memorial stadium is on the campus of Texas A&M-Commerce formerly know as East Texas State University. Parking will be crowded, but should be enough. Most college students leave town on Friday so there should be room. PLenty of parking if you dont mind a short walk. The bad rap on the stadium is that all seating is on one side. This will change in a couple of years, but for now it is a one sided stadium. Stadium holds about 10000. Everybody drive safely. The roads into Commerce early in the month are ususally loaded with police.

dogdad
11-01-2001, 09:41 PM
I've always found decent parking at the lot on the south end of the field...not a bad walk to the main gate. I strongly urge the Forney fans to sit amongst the Commerce fans so y'all can all get to know each other....makes for more warm and fuzzy feelings. All of you can hug at the end of the game.