PDA

View Full Version : Aransas Pass

truebluestang
01-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Why don't the people in Aransas Pass get smart and move their better athletes 7 miles down the road to Ingleside. If you added a few of the good athletes from A-P to the Ingleside football team you could field a team that would compete for a state title.

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 02:34 PM
does I sense a recruiter?

fumanchu
01-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Why don't the people in A.P. just do better and beat Ingleside instead?

Phil C
01-28-2010, 03:08 PM
But then they might move them up to 4A and be in the classification as G-P and Calallen. I don't think they want that. :)

truebluestang
01-28-2010, 03:25 PM
We are a long ways from 4A. We could stand to gain 400 students. We only want A-P's best not all of them.

T-Time
01-28-2010, 03:27 PM
over the years several have left to go to Ingledink, and they still don't have a ring.

truebluestang
01-28-2010, 03:37 PM
We have had two athletes from A-P. Webb and Hill and not at the same time. Both only played one year and both went to playoffs unlike any other kids from A-P. Ingleside has made the state semi's and quarters without any A-P kids. I think their parents should wisen up and do whats best for their kids. Sinton made the state title game with a Sinton-Taft team.

big daddy russ
01-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by truebluestang
We have had two athletes from A-P. Webb and Hill and not at the same time. Both only played one year and both went to playoffs unlike any other kids from A-P. Ingleside has made the state semi's and quarters without any A-P kids. I think their parents should wisen up and do whats best for their kids. Sinton made the state title game with a Sinton-Taft team.
Those are just the recent transfers. Ingleside's had plenty of AP move-ins and vice versa. Leonard Williams (if I remember right) and Steven Younk both came to Ingleside from AP around the same time. On the other hand, the Alaniz boys (Stevie and Eric) both transferred from Ingleside. Stevie went to the State Semis with that '98 team.

It's all cyclical. Remember that from about 1998 through roughly 2004, Aransas Pass absolutely owned us. It was them making the trips to the State playoffs, not us.

And don't forget, they're the one with the top-tier hoops program. :D

44INAROW
01-28-2010, 04:20 PM
and now the Gobblers have an Ingleside grad at the helm.. :)

Phil C
01-28-2010, 04:36 PM

Who were the Taft players?

Phil C
01-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and now the Gobblers have an Ingleside grad at the helm.. :)

And don't forget a Sinton grad at the helm of the softball team. :)

RiverRat19
01-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Why don't the people in Aransas Pass get smart and move their better athletes 7 miles down the road to Ingleside. If you added a few of the good athletes from A-P to the Ingleside football team you could field a team that would compete for a state title.

Well, with that mode of thinking why don't all the best athletes in the area just consolidate to other schools? Have the best in Woodsboro move to Refugio? Or all the Taft and Odem studs move to Sinton?... And send the Skidmore-Tynan studs to Beeville? What about Corpus- send all the best of every sport to Carroll?... That's about what this sounds like.

Whatever happened to a sense of pride in one's own community and trying to make where you are a better place? Unless a place is beyond repair (which I imagine Aransas Pass is not such a place) then the "athletes" with guidance from the coaching staff should try to "turn things around" rather than jump ship...

Not everyone was raised like me but I would feel pretty low if I moved just for athletic purposes and left my old school high and dry. Unless for some reason, there were problems at my old school that warranted a move, a transfer for any other reason might actually make my high school experience shallow.

Not only that, but aren't moves for purely athletic purposes against UIL rules? Why would anyone support such violation of such rules?

44INAROW
01-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
And don't forget a Sinton grad at the helm of the softball team. :)
that's right - I am looking forward to softball season, Phil;)

MUSTANG69
01-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by T-Time
over the years several have left to go to Ingledink, and they still don't have a ring.

You are absolutely correct. Over the years there have been transfers from AP to Ingleside and Ingleside to AP. It has not made a difference for either team. (Notice that even though you used the term Ingledink I did not use the term BayRat for AP)
:D

44INAROW
01-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
(Notice that even though you used the term Ingledink I did not use the term BayRat for AP)
:D

I just spit tea all over my screen :D

MUSTANG69
01-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I just spit tea all over my screen :D

AP-Ingleside is one of the oldest rivalries in the state. The terms Ingledink and Bayrat are as old as the rivalry. My mother is from Aransas Pass and she is almost 80 years old. It really pisses her off when I call her a BayRat as it does most people from AP.
So be it!

Diocletian
01-28-2010, 08:01 PM
With all those soon to be vacant houses in 2 years... I can see this happening.

Those 2 towns are so close it's like they should be using 1 school for both of them.

LH Panther Mom
01-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
does I sense a recruiter?
:thinking: Guess if you don't get a bite on a new place, you try to get kids from other places. :thinking:

SintonFan
01-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
Well, with that mode of thinking why don't all the best athletes in the area just consolidate to other schools? Have the best in Woodsboro move to Refugio? Or all the Taft and Odem studs move to Sinton?... And send the Skidmore-Tynan studs to Beeville? What about Corpus- send all the best of every sport to Carroll?... That's about what this sounds like.

Whatever happened to a sense of pride in one's own community and trying to make where you are a better place? Unless a place is beyond repair (which I imagine Aransas Pass is not such a place) then the "athletes" with guidance from the coaching staff should try to "turn things around" rather than jump ship...

Not everyone was raised like me but I would feel pretty low if I moved just for athletic purposes and left my old school high and dry. Unless for some reason, there were problems at my old school that warranted a move, a transfer for any other reason might actually make my high school experience shallow.

Not only that, but aren't moves for purely athletic purposes against UIL rules? Why would anyone support such violation of such rules?

I agree with you RR19.:clap:

Johnny Utah
01-29-2010, 09:44 AM
And...why would anyone post such a thing on this board. Sounds very low to me.

playnhurt
01-29-2010, 10:45 AM
This reminds me of Kiffen trying to get the Tennessee commitments to switch to USC.

pirate4state
01-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Well isn't this interesting? Can't say this surprises me one bit! LOL

:rolleyes:

MUSTANG69
01-29-2010, 01:22 PM
I guess this will start plenty of rumors about Ingleside recruiting players. For years there have been rumors in the district about Sinton's recruiting abilities.(Totally unfounded as far as I know.) This ought to spice things up around here.

T-Time
01-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Ingledink doesnot recruit all of our good players,,,,, just the one they needed.

MUSTANG69
01-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by T-Time
Ingledink doesnot recruit all of our good players,,,,, just the one they needed.

Which one is that Bayrat?