PDA

View Full Version : Beating Everman

hsguru
04-04-2002, 07:23 AM
Does anyone even have a prayer of beating Everman next year? maybe Jasper, but other than that I think they will be untouchable.

eye of the tiger
04-04-2002, 08:34 AM
I dont know guru. I think if Everman stays healty they are headed for a repeat. Jasper should be good, but I dont think they can beat Everman. My Commerce Tigers have always played Division II(thankfully)since the UIL started the division split and two champs. I hope this remains true.

oldbuff78
04-04-2002, 09:02 AM
To win any championship, you must have good talent, coaching, minimal injures, fan support and lots of luck!!!!!
Everman should make a very strong run. Great luck to them.

rholl
04-04-2002, 09:54 AM
no jinxes please!!!!!

Matthew328
04-04-2002, 12:41 PM
For real..don't jinx us! LOL I think Everman has a great shot at repeating but things gotta go their way...you always gotta have a little luck to go along with talent..but there are gonna be some tough D-1 teams..Jasper, Burnet, Sinton, Gatesville, Wylie, Canyon to name a few

Old Cardinal
04-04-2002, 02:52 PM
Looking down on the Coast, I really think the winner of Region III and IV(in the semi's)-be it Jasper, Bridge City, or Sinton, has a good chance of taking Everman out this year.

sinton66
04-05-2002, 09:03 AM
I think so too. They lose their star receiver this year to graduation I think. That fact alone should give Sinton a better than even chance to beat them.

Ratcop
04-05-2002, 09:18 AM
Bridge City will not challenge for a state championship. They are a little above average but thats it. They will win some games but not a state or regional championship. Get out of that dream world you are in. Baseball team has a chance to win a regional championship but no chance in hell for the football team. Some teams put real athletes on the football field.

Matthew328
04-05-2002, 09:31 AM
I think Region 3 in Division 1 is Jasper and everyone else..no knock on BC but Jasper is head and shoulders ahead of the field right now...

Old Cardinal
04-05-2002, 03:05 PM
To Ratcop: You know you bad mouthed Bridge City on this message board every week last year while they proceeded to go 4 rounds into the playoffs-you have never been right on a prediction yet..What gives with you? Which is your team that you support? B C has a group of Seniors now that has an interesting past (1) As the smallest school in 4A they proceeded to win the 4A District in the 7th, 8th, 9th grades, 25-0 record. (2) upon BC entering the 3A ranks these Soph.'s started a large % of the games going two rounds in the Playoffs. (3) As Juniors this year they anchored many of the starting positions that led the team to 4 rounds in the playoffs! (4) They have been winners since Jr. football and I think they will go a number of rounds in the playoffs next year. I agree with Matt 328, at this point Jasper is head & shoulders above everyone! Rat, what I see is teamwork/talent at BC----they will start out a little slower with a new Coach(whoever that is)& new system- but by playoff time, I predict that the BC/Jasper game for Region III might well be one of the best games in the 3A pittings. Rat, since you have never been right on anything yet-we are glad to here your outburst on BC prospects.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-09-2002, 01:08 AM
is evermans defense losing some of there front 7? if most are coming back there be tough to score on. 50-0 scores are nice, but it will come down to defense in the late rounds when teams are more equal. Would like to see a rematch from last years title game. But Sinton will have a tougher road this year in the playoffs.

rholl
04-09-2002, 10:15 AM
as I understand it...the losses Everman had on defense were db's with almost all of front 7 returning.

Matthew328
04-09-2002, 03:08 PM
You are right rholl...Everman has back 5 of their front 7....they lose 2 all-staters out of the front 7 though...but I think they have the athletes to relplace them..remember last year goin in Everman lost 3 all-staters from the defense and look what they did...look for this year's Defense to have more talent...but I dunno if they'll be as good as last year simply because some of the talent will be young...