PDA

View Full Version : eastern washington getting red turf...

jason
01-28-2010, 01:01 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Eastern-Washington-literally-seeing-red-over-new?urn=ncaaf,216240

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1203/eptsportsncaafexperts16.jpg

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 01:02 PM
whats worse: this or Boise?

NateDawg39
01-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Wow I kinda like that look.

BaseballUmp
01-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Too bad this is the only thing this school will ever be known for...Imagine UT having a burnt orange field or ATM getting maroon...thatd be a sight to see

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 02:12 PM
I actually think its kinda cool

BaseballUmp
01-28-2010, 02:14 PM
yea dont get me wrong i think its pretty ballin, but how many people have ever seen a sportscenter clip or even really heard of eastern washington until now?

Im all for it tho. Maybe we can get a maroon and gold striped field here at Tx State lol

NateDawg39
01-28-2010, 02:19 PM
They are my team on NCAA 2010 because I like their unis...I have more talented players on the game than they have in real life though:nerd:

waterboy
01-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Sorry, but I think it's UGLY! I can't stand to watch football on the blue field at Boise State.......it just doesn't look natural. I usually change the channel when they are playing at home just because I can't adjust my eyes to it. I'm sure it'll be the same for a red field. The natural green is the only color I can watch a football game on.

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
They are my team on NCAA 2010 because I like their unis...I have more talented players on the game than they have in real life though:nerd: they have some of the best on the game.....

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Sorry, but I think it's UGLY! I can't stand to watch football on the blue field at Boise State.......it just doesn't look natural. I usually change the channel when they are playing at home just because I can't adjust my eyes to it. I'm sure it'll be the same for a red field. The natural green is the only color I can watch a football game on. Boise's turf was cool until they became a top 20 team. The odd turf puts a team on the map, but gets old once they become an established program. EWU is far from that, and this may be good for them

STANG RED
01-28-2010, 02:37 PM
It's ten times better than Boise's, but I still dont like it.

And speaking from the experience of seeing our endzones turn pink, I think they'll regret it in a few years. An entirely pink field wont exactly strike fear in their opponents minds.:doh:

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

And speaking from the experience of seeing our endzones turn pink, I think they'll regret it in a few years. An entirely pink field wont exactly strike fear in their opponents minds.:doh: as a college, they should have better assets to keep the field red unlike a 3A school..

STANG RED
01-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
as a college, they should have better assets to keep the field red unlike a 3A school..

Can they block the sun out?

NateDawg39
01-28-2010, 02:50 PM
In that case, I want to see an all white field with black line markers. Burnt Orange would be cool but I think it would get old fast

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Can they block the sun out? no...I mean that they can have it re-done and fixed constantly and things like that. ALso, the sun damage wont be as bad in Washington as it is in west Texas...

jason
01-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
In that case, I want to see an all white field with black line markers. Burnt Orange would be cool but I think it would get old fast was hoping forney would have done a black field with yellow lines...

eagles_victory
01-28-2010, 03:45 PM
We beat them in the playoffs this year.

waterboy
01-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Can they block the sun out?
Only if they hire Brad McCoy....... He can tell the sun to set.....and it will... :D

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Only if they hire Brad McCoy....... He can tell the sun to set.....and it will... :D he doesnt even have to say. He just has to think it

waterboy
01-28-2010, 04:12 PM
he doesnt even have to say. He just has to think it
True..........but I don't think he'll do them any favors unless they hire him as head coach.:D

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 04:21 PM
True..........but I don't think he'll do them any favors unless they hire him as head coach.:D you must be psychic

waterboy
01-28-2010, 04:26 PM
you must be psychic
Yep......call in intuition.:devil:

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Yep......call in intuition.:devil: :fnypost: :fnypost: :redxpoke:

poisoned10
01-28-2010, 04:37 PM
I thought the NCAA banned colleges from having 'colored' fields, except for the natural green after Boise put in their blue turf?

LE Dad
01-28-2010, 04:41 PM
True..........but I don't think he'll do them any favors unless they hire him as head coach.:D Will he hire Leach as OC??:confused:

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
I thought the NCAA banned colleges from having 'colored' fields, except for the natural green after Boise put in their blue turf? bad choice of words....racist:D

LE Dad
01-28-2010, 04:43 PM
I thought the NCAA banned colleges from having 'colored' fields, except for the natural green after Boise put in their blue turf? That is what I thought also, but surely they researched this?

waterboy
01-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Will he hire Leach as OC??:confused:
If Brad McCoy says "Come.".......Mike Leach will be there.......although I don't think he'll need him.;)

poisoned10
01-28-2010, 04:45 PM
bad choice of words....racist:D

Only a racist would consider that a racist remark.

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Only a racist would consider that a racist remark. I was just joking

poisoned10
01-28-2010, 04:50 PM
That is what I thought also, but surely they researched this?

Well, from what little research I've done about the ruling on non-green turf, there apparently isn't one.

Apparently you can have it any color as long as the turf isn't painted and the logos are at midfield.

Daddy D 11
01-28-2010, 04:50 PM
I thought the NCAA banned colleges from having 'colored' fields, except for the natural green after Boise put in their blue turf?

that's what i thought too

poisoned10
01-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I was just joking

I know.

LE Dad
01-28-2010, 04:57 PM
If Brad McCoy says "Come.".......Mike Leach will be there.......although I don't think he'll need him.;) It could only help to have Leach and a "shed" handy. Leach can put em in and McCoy could take em behind it.

LE Dad
01-28-2010, 05:05 PM
I knew I read somewhere about colored turf. NCAA 2009 says that NCAA banned the use of any other color except green. I don't know how reliable that info is but there ya go.:D

Daddy D 11
01-28-2010, 06:18 PM
I knew I read somewhere about colored turf. NCAA 2009 says that NCAA banned the use of any other color except green. I don't know how reliable that info is but there ya go.:D

HAHA that's the only reason I knew of that too!

Hey yall talk about EWU being yalls team on NCAA 10? What did yall download them or what?? They ain't on the game?

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
HAHA that's the only reason I knew of that too!

Hey yall talk about EWU being yalls team on NCAA 10? What did yall download them or what?? They ain't on the game? they are an FCS team

Daddy D 11
01-28-2010, 06:44 PM
they are an FCS team

i know that. there are no fcs teams on the game though. at least on the ps3 version?

poisoned10
01-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
i know that. there are no fcs teams on the game though. at least on the ps3 version?

FCS teams are not available for the "Next Gen" consoles, only for PS2.

I'm think NCAA10 is where I heard about the banning of non-green turfs.

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 06:57 PM
FCS teams are not available for the "Next Gen" consoles, only for PS2.

I'm think NCAA10 is where I heard about the banning of non-green turfs. thats odd....the "next generation" consoles have everything that the old ones dont...

EWU is my dynasty team. we be good with Brad McCoy

PHS Wildcats
01-28-2010, 09:18 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Eastern-Washington-literally-seeing-red-over-new?urn=ncaaf,216240

Eastern Washington literally seeing red over new turf
By Matt Hinton

Boise State has its infamous "Smurf Turf," and Nebraska has what it likes to call the "Sea of Red" to describe the vast crowd inside Lincoln's Memorial Stadium. As of next fall, though, neither of them will have anything on I-AA Eastern Washington, which announced plans Wednesday to install an actual field of red:

Taking a cue from Boise State's famous blue turf, Eastern Washington is planning to install an artificial red playing surface inside its football stadium. The Big Sky program's official school colors are red and white.

Former EWU star Michael Roos, now in the NFL with the Tennessee Titans, has pledged $500,000 toward the "Red Turf Project.'' School officials in Cheney hope to raise additional private money and have the field installed for the 2010 season.
[...]
"There is no doubt that one of Boise State's claims to fame has been their blue turf and like it or dislike it, it has certainly brought them a tremendous amount of notoriety," EWU athletic director Bill Chaves said. "In a similar vein we have a tremendous opportunity at Eastern to do the same by differentiating ourselves with the red turf while providing a superior playing surface."

The NCAA has no provision addressing the color of playing surfaces -- at least not yet -- because it hasn't had to consider the issue outside of the relatively obscure venues at Boise State and Division II University of New Haven, which installed its own blue turf last year. If it goes through with it, then, EWU's lava motif will be breaking ground on what promises to be a run on multi-colored turf by publicity-starved schools across the country; eventually, somebody somewhere is going to go with black. (I'm looking at you, Idaho.)

Until then, Woodward Field, thy name is "Blood."

lvbears32
01-28-2010, 09:22 PM
i like it!

LE Dad
01-28-2010, 09:24 PM
I want a refund on my NCAA 2009!!

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 09:27 PM
I love how we have like 4 threads about a division 1-AA school from Washington, and all have been really popular today:D

kepdawg
01-28-2010, 09:32 PM
I love how we have like 4 threads about a division 1-AA school from Washington, and all have been really popular today:D

Did you know SMU's QB is considering transferring to EW?

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Did you know SMU's QB is considering transferring to EW? no. I havent heard this

kepdawg
01-28-2010, 09:37 PM
no. I havent heard this

It is true. Mitchell, not Padron.

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It is true. Mitchell, not Padron. oh ok. I was gonna say that leaving SMU for EWU when your a starter is dumb.
And I thought I heard Mitchell was gonna go to Sam Houston?

kepdawg
01-28-2010, 09:41 PM
oh ok. I was gonna say that leaving SMU for EWU when your a starter is dumb.
And I thought I heard Mitchell was gonna go to Sam Houston?

That is possible. The article I read mentioned EW because they had recruited him coming out of high school. It also said he would look at the possibility of playing with his brothers. I don't know where either one of them are at.

slpybear the bullfan
01-29-2010, 05:39 PM
This looks cool, but I am definitely a green field fan.

I think this would hurt my eyes to watch a game on it.

bobcat4life
01-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
This looks cool, but I am definitely a green field fan.

I think this would hurt my eyes to watch a game on it. I think it will be cool for a little while but will get very annoying after about a season...

Old Tiger
01-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Too bad this is the only thing this school will ever be known for...Imagine UT having a burnt orange field or ATM getting maroon...thatd be a sight to see The fan base flipped crap when they switched to field turf and bitched aabout the shade of orange on the turf once it was installed. So IMO every UT message board would have a melt down.

GetRDoneStangs
01-29-2010, 06:10 PM

And speaking from the experience of seeing our endzones turn pink, I think they'll regret it in a few years. An entirely pink field wont exactly strike fear in their opponents minds.:doh:

Thats what I was thinking as well, I wonder if the newer version has a UV protection on it??

I had a Rhino lining put on my truck several years ago and it faded real bad. I took it back and they re-colored it (color was a champagne and NOT RED before anyone say's anything!) :D
and applied a UV coat as well. They said they used to not UV the linings in the past, but do know on all of them.

If so...there is hope Red End zone's in the future!!