PDA

View Full Version : Rice Raider radio anouncers?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-29-2003, 02:41 PM
I have been listening to the Rice game on radio, and the play by play man is ok, but who is the color guy? This guy needs to watch who and what he talk's about, 1st off every other word's that comes out off his mouth is " Man oh Man" . Then he is already talking about a rematch with Bellville, and the reason Bellville beat the Raiders in the 1st place is because the game was played in Bellville at the Pasture of Pain. He said it looked like a pasture, and the cows havent grazed on it for a while before the Bellville Rice game, meaning we did not cut the grass before the game to slow Rice down, this guy better watch what he say's on the radio! 1st off Bellville cuts the grass twice a week and the grass is not any taller than any other field, and 2nd he needs to make sure both teams make it to play each other before he talk's about what will happen in two week's, it sound like the way he is talking on the radio that Bellville and Rice dont even have to play round 4, because thay have won round 4 already. Well I know that Bellville will not look ahead to Rice, becaues we play Marlin in week 4, and im pretty sure week 4 opponent for Rice wont stay at home. So what im saying is dont count your duck eggs before thay hatch, and quit making fun of things associated with Bellville over the radio!
This has nothing to do with the rest of the fine people that follow the Raiders, but this guy on the radio and Afflac65 need to watch what they say!
Good luck to the rest of thr Rice faithful and hope to see yall in week 5.

Bull's-eye
11-29-2003, 05:17 PM
Maybe Afflac65 and this guy are the same person. This would explain everything.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-29-2003, 07:50 PM
Hey Bull's eye, you could be right, I hope this guy has a regular job, because he sure needs some help with announcing color on radio. "Man oh Man" thats all he could say, besides downing Bellvilles football field!

afflac65
11-29-2003, 08:24 PM
first of all me and radio announcer are not the same person it sounds like to me they made a very funny commentary about a football field. if ya cant take a little joke i feel sorry ya..

LIKE THE OLD SAYING IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN.....

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-29-2003, 09:24 PM
No, it was not a joke, he refered to keeping the grass cut more than one time after he mad his statement about Bellville's field. He was clearly no jokeing. And for you my fine featherd bird go find another web site to bother people! :mad:

BrahmaMom
11-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Gee, Afflac, we're not laughing. I guess we just don't share your sense of humor. FBB is right, the guy shouldn't be downing anybody's field on the radio. The Pasture seems to work for all the other teams that play there, maybe next time you can send a landscaper to meet your specifications. We Brahma fans are Raider fans as a rule, I don't understand the problem. Try some Blue Bell and get some for the announcer!

afflac65
11-29-2003, 10:46 PM
well i guess you cant please everybody all the time hey ya have no sense of humor it was said in jest meant no harm come on and get real..
i would like to think all of you bellville fans have more class and sense than that...

afflac65
11-29-2003, 10:47 PM
well i guess you cant please everybody all the time hey ya have no sense of humor it was said in jest meant no harm come on and get real..
i would like to think all of you bellville fans have more class and sense than that...

BrahmaMom
11-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Afflac, you haven't pleased Bellville fans since you started posting. And don't even start with we don't have class cuz our friends from around the state will point out your mistake. Two words for you: Quack, quack!

CheerMom
11-30-2003, 01:10 PM
<small>[ November 30, 2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: CheerMom ]</small>

CheerMom
11-30-2003, 01:11 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma and BrahmaMom, I agree with you wholeheartedly. These two people need to shut their mouths. At least you know that the rest of us do not condone their behavior. These two teams respect each other, as well as the fans. Good Luck against Marlin, we'll be cheering you on!!
Go Raiders!!!

CheerMom
11-30-2003, 01:17 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma and BrahmaMom, I agree with you wholeheartedly. This two people need to just shut their mouths. This Raider fan does not condone their behavior. These two teams have always had nothing but respect for each other, as well as the fans. Good Luck against Marlin!!
We'll be cheering you on!!
Go Raiders!!!

<small>[ November 30, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: CheerMom ]</small>

CheerMom
11-30-2003, 01:25 PM
Wow!! Don't know what happened there, but I guess my point will be taken.LOL!!

BrahmaMom
11-30-2003, 08:26 PM
Thanks CheerMom. Rice is on a roll, keep it up!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-30-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the backup Cheer-Mom, there is always a few bad apples in the bunch. If you know this guy from Rice, that calls himself a radio announcer, (Ha) you might need to have a talk with him, stuff like what he said, always has a way of coming back around! One more thing this guy sounds so bad on the radio, it makes people turn it off! Also see if you can get the Duck to fly south for the winter!
Good luck to the Raiders!
Go Bellville Beat Marlin!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-30-2003, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the back-up Cheer-Mom, 1st this so called radio color guy needs to watch what he says, because it can come back around and make him eat his own words, and 2nd they need to find some one else to take his place because he is so bad, it makes people turn there radio off! If you see this guy you might need to have a talk with him. Also see if you can get the Duck to fly south for the winter! Good luck to the Raiders this week.
Go Bellville Beat Marlin!!!!

huff78
11-30-2003, 11:32 PM
FormerBB, Could just be hard to swallow, But there were a lot of upset mothers when the Band announcer for Belleville said, " See you at next weeks play-off game " at the half time. tacky

CheerMom
12-01-2003, 09:03 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma, I don't know the guy on the radio. Actually, this guy is from the Columbus radio station. They only cover our games if Columbus isn't playing. So really I wouldn't call him a Rice Radio announcer. At least, we don't claim him!!! Go get Marlin!!
Go Raiders!!!

bbfan
12-01-2003, 10:00 AM
There were a lot of upset people from Bellville when we relized what the band announcer had said also. I agree totally that is was tacky and plan on saying something to the band director. Unfortunately I didn't hear it until the China Springs game. I would like to apologize to all the fans and players from the teams that Bellville has played we in no way condone such unsportmanslike behavior.

BrahmaMom
12-01-2003, 10:23 AM
Didn't realize the Bellville band director made that comment. I wouldn't be surprised if that had already been stopped by noon this morning. Not the right thing to say. Bellville's apologies.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-02-2003, 03:13 PM
The play by play guy is from Columbus, there's no problem with him, but the other guy went to Rice, he said. I have talked to a lot of people that listened to the game and all said the same thing. He nees to watch what he says!!!!
Just keep talking bad about our field.