www.ilovealpacas.com

:D

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Come on this is good stuff we should all do it

bobcat4life
01-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Come on this is good stuff we should all do it Im more of a cattle person.....

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Im more of a cattle person..... BUT ITS AN ALPACA

WOS87
01-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Postpadders!!

:tisk:

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 11:35 PM
they actually scare the heck out of me

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Postpadders!!

:tisk: Fine but when I am livin it up after my investment in Alpaca raising you will be jealous:p

bobcat4life
01-27-2010, 11:37 PM
that was a quality post, as I am comparing my opinion on one subject relating to the topic to another related in agriculture terms

Green Bling
01-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Let us know how rich you get with this new venture. Talk to all those smart guys that invested in ostriches and emus. I hear they are really raking it in.:D :D

Cotton
01-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Let us know how rich you get with this new venture. Talk to all those smart guys that invested in ostriches and emus. I hear they are really raking it in.:D :D

Well, in his defense, ostriches and emus did make some people a lot of money. The guy that was valedictorian of my graduating class started raising them almost as a hobby when he was a sophomore in high school. Unknowingly he backed into a very profitable business. He made substantial amount of money and it was basically due to his timing in the market. Which is true of every investment. He is still going strong, obviously the fad portion of the industry has passed, but he still generates healthy profits. Catfish farms were the fad in the 70s and tons of people decided to become catfish farmers. Well, many of them washed out and the market was temporarily flooded. However, wise investors that got in and managed for the long haul still make money from catfish.

Farmersfan
01-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Cotton
Well, in his defense, ostriches and emus did make some people a lot of money. The guy that was valedictorian of my graduating class started raising them almost as a hobby when he was a sophomore in high school. Unknowingly he backed into a very profitable business. He made substantial amount of money and it was basically due to his timing in the market. Which is true of every investment. He is still going strong, obviously the fad portion of the industry has passed, but he still generates healthy profits. Catfish farms were the fad in the 70s and tons of people decided to become catfish farmers. Well, many of them washed out and the market was temporarily flooded. However, wise investors that got in and managed for the long haul still make money from catfish.

Anyone ever try to raise crawfish? I understand a person could plant a winter crop like certain varieties of rice, harvest the crop, flood the field and raise a batch of crawfish on the organic matter left over from the harvest. I know if it were this easy everyone would do it. But I think almost everyone likes a good crawfish boil so if a person in non-coastal areas could figure out how to make it happen it might be a good profit maker. Any comments?