PDA

View Full Version : The iPad was released finally!!!

SintonFan
01-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Lookee here! They announced this today. iPad (http://www.apple.com/)
It looks pretty sweet! It can do anything and everything. Cool!

On a side note: stocks of STAYFREE® were down 70% after the announcement.:(

SWMustang
01-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

On a side note: stocks of STAYFREE® were down 70% after the announcement.:(

wouldn't that be the iStayfree?

SintonFan
01-27-2010, 10:29 PM
lol
*groan*:D

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Im interested to try one out as soon as possible

DU_stud04
01-27-2010, 10:33 PM

On a side note: stocks of STAYFREE® were down 70% after the announcement.:( can it cook dinner or drive me when im too drunk?

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
can it cook dinner or drive me when im too drunk? No instead it will yell at you and tell you how horrible of a person you are :p :p

DU_stud04
01-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
No instead it will yell at you and tell you how horrible of a person you are :p :p this all over again? is this gonna cost less than the mail order bride? atleast this i can mute......

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 10:43 PM
this all over again? is this gonna cost less than the mail order bride? atleast this i can mute...... AND throw this one against a wall without charges filed on ya :D

DU_stud04
01-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
AND throw this one against a wall without charges filed on ya :D you're a sale's man arent you? im sold.

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 10:57 PM
you're a sale's man arent you? im sold. And ill throw in a subscription to GQ for only 12.99 if you sign up today!!

Old Tiger
01-27-2010, 11:45 PM
I never knew Apple was starting to sell feminine products?

carter08
01-27-2010, 11:56 PM
The iPod was great because it's actually helped the music industry out some. iTunes sells are still sells.

The iPad on the other hand is terrible. The Kindle was bad enough, but now we have a device that will have a very negative effect on print journalism and book publishing. Once this thing goes down in price and it becomes as wide spread as iPods, print journalism is dead. The paper owners will embrace it as a way to save money and lay off the majority of their employees, keeping only the reporters and some copy editors. Likewise, this seems like it will affect book publishing in the same way. E-books will become the thing of the future and will cut out much of the middleman work of publishing companies.

Alright, I'm done ranting. Sorry.

IHStangFan
01-28-2010, 12:23 AM
can it cook dinner or drive me when im too drunk? LOL :clap: Give them time....I'm sure they can work up an app for that.

IHStangFan
01-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by carter08
The iPod was great because it's actually helped the music industry out some. iTunes sells are still sells.

The iPad on the other hand is terrible. The Kindle was bad enough, but now we have a device that will have a very negative effect on print journalism and book publishing. Once this thing goes down in price and it becomes as wide spread as iPods, print journalism is dead. The paper owners will embrace it as a way to save money and lay off the majority of their employees, keeping only the reporters and some copy editors. Likewise, this seems like it will affect book publishing in the same way. E-books will become the thing of the future and will cut out much of the middleman work of publishing companies.

Alright, I'm done ranting. Sorry. but just think of how "green" it is.....saving all of those trees!! The you know whos will LOVE it. :nerd: http://h1.ripway.com/BAClanton/Icon%20Stuff/hippy.gif
http://h1.ripway.com/BAClanton/Icon%20Stuff/rastaopt.gif

carter08
01-28-2010, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
but just think of how "green" it is.....saving all of those trees!! The you know whos will LOVE it. :nerd: http://h1.ripway.com/BAClanton/Icon%20Stuff/hippy.gif
http://h1.ripway.com/BAClanton/Icon%20Stuff/rastaopt.gif

As much as I love the environment, I love the feel of reading out of an actual book a little bit more.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
So can someone help me out on this? I'm reading lots of variations and I'm not sure on this monthly fee.

If you just buy the pad, can you use it like a regular computer in your home and hook it to the wifi? Do you still have to pay $30 a month to access the internet, or is that just for 3G? I already have an iPhone and Uverse, and this would be perfect to replace my home computer if I didn't have to pay any additional funds.

Farmersfan
01-28-2010, 11:00 AM

And iTunes sells of newspapers and books aren't still "sells"????
What's the difference in this and the Ipod? Just curious!

carter08
01-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
And iTunes sells of newspapers and books aren't still "sells"????
What's the difference in this and the Ipod? Just curious!

With the iPod, you still have everyone involved in making an album employed. The music is digital, but then so is the music on a CD.

With the digital newspaper, corporations like Hearst will find every excuse to fire people. Printers, delivery men, workers in the mail room. The iPod came at a time when the music industry was fine and equipped to handle change. The iPad comes when print journalism is already dying. Local newspapers will have a hard time adapting to the changes.

Emerson1
01-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Won't be the big or popular. I read you can't even run multiple apps. If you are on the internet, no music.

E-books will become the thing of the future and will cut out much of the middleman work of publishing companies.

I know 0 people with an e-book. I only see these getting use by ISDs as a more convenient way then laptops to get text books.

Txbroadcaster
01-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Won't be the big or popular. I read you can't even run multiple apps. If you are on the internet, no music.

I know 0 people with an e-book. I only see these getting use by ISDs as a more convenient way then laptops to get text books.

We got my mother in law a kindle and she LOVES it I mean truly loves it

I want one as well

SintonFan
01-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Have yall seen this?
iPad video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L68aKVAzwQ4)
:devil:

SWMustang
01-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Have yall seen this?
iPad video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L68aKVAzwQ4)
:devil:

awesome!

Farmersfan
01-29-2010, 09:15 AM
I don't know that much about the kindle or this Ipad. The question I have is can a person KEEP the print media they purchase on these devices? Or is it more of a rental. And if you can keep your downloaded E-books then how many books can you truly read on these devices before the memory is full? If I find a good book I will re-read it several times over a period of a couple of years.

kaorder1999
01-29-2010, 10:38 AM
you think my 10,000 shares of apple inc. i was given from my grandparents at birth in 1980 are worth much now?

Emerson1
01-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
you think my 10,000 shares of apple inc. i was given from my grandparents at birth in 1980 are worth much now?
Well you'd be a millionaire

Txbroadcaster
01-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I don't know that much about the kindle or this Ipad. The question I have is can a person KEEP the print media they purchase on these devices? Or is it more of a rental. And if you can keep your downloaded E-books then how many books can you truly read on these devices before the memory is full? If I find a good book I will re-read it several times over a period of a couple of years.

u keep em..and depending on the size u get..I think my mother in law's Kindle can hold 500 books

BullsFan
01-29-2010, 11:47 AM
My Kindle will hold 1500 books, and they are mine to keep unless I do not uphold the TOS. I've heard of some books being taken because people shared them illegally with other people.

For the record, I adore my Kindle and can't imagine how I ever lived without it. I'm a voracious reader, and living at least an hour from any sort of bookstore means I have to wait to get new releases or pay to have them shipped. With the Kindle I can get a book the day it's released, and if I'm willing to wait until a book hits the NY Times bestseller list I get it at under $10. Part of the driving force behind iPods and the like were overpriced CDs. If new hardback books didn't cost $25 or better, I'd be willing to bet ereaders wouldn't have the draw they have.

ETA: If I find a book I really really love, I sometimes still go out and buy it in print. It's just that now, with my Kindle, I spread my $$$ out a whole lot more than I used to.

Farmersfan
01-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

10K shares of Apple Inc. purchased in 1980 would be worth right at 8 million right now!