01-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
not being a Homer, but Celina.

132-16 record
4 titles
6 state game appearances
made playoffs every year.
And an HBO documentary
set state record for consecutive playoff wins I'm talking overall program...not just football.

Txbroadcaster
01-27-2010, 09:24 PM
for just 3A? LH, AW and Gilmer

Old Tiger
01-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
for just 3A? LH, AW and Gilmer Yes for just 3a and overall including all sports just not football.

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I'm talking overall program...not just football. Hmmm, well for me it would be hard to say. Though the one I hear about year round in different sports would be Abilene Wylie

bigwood33
01-27-2010, 09:32 PM
You would have to see who finished highest each year for the Lone Star Trophy.

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Celina- 148 wins and 4 State Championships from 2000-2009
Wylie- 108 wins and 1 State Championship from 2000-2009

The Bobcats are without peer when it comes to consistency. That is just football though right

Old Tiger
01-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Celina- 148 wins and 4 State Championships from 2000-2009
Wylie- 108 wins and 1 State Championship from 2000-2009

The Bobcats are without peer when it comes to consistency. Once again you're only mentioning football.

bobcat4life
01-27-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm talking overall program...not just football. well you Could still make a good statement for Celina:
baseball made 8 playoff appearances, winning state in 2002.
softball has made 6 playoff appearances
girls basketball has made the playoffs quite a few times
we have had a good powerlifting program
up until 3 years ago we had one of the best track programs in the state(boys and girls)
of course, there is our football team as well, and we probably had the best program this decade

bigwood33
01-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Once again you're only mentioning football.
Sorry, I was counting wins while others were posting and didn't see your clarification until I finished the post. I have already edited.

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 09:36 PM
While I know it is not the best over all, Decatur has 4 or 5 Cross Country state championships, 3 power lifting individual champs, 1 cheer leading national championship in their respective group and 1 or 2 team track state championships but I would have to double check the track

Txbroadcaster
01-27-2010, 09:36 PM
, there is our football team as well, and we probably had the best program this decade

not for 3a only

44INAROW
01-27-2010, 09:39 PM
don't know if it's "the best" but I'll throw Cuero in the hat for overall success

Football - 84-11 in the last 7 years -
Baseball 1st 7 years of the decade- not so much - last 3 years - very successful
Golf - several Regional Championships and played in the State Tourney 7 out 10 years
Track - won Gold 3 times and Silver 1-
Powerlifting - consistantly have guys advance in the meets

Girls volleyball made the playoffs 1st time ever in school history in 2002 (I hope that's right) They have been getting better each year
Girls basketball - made the playoffs last year and are undefeated in district this year - getting better and better each year...

Softball - relatively young program been making the playoffs last 5 years (I think)
The girl's programs are finally getting the total respect they deserve - I Credit Coach Reeve with that - you have to start at the 7th grade level and it's showing now.

like I said, probably not "the best" but certainly a good, well rounded athetic program, which I just found out will the headed up by Coach Rick Owens now. He'll do a great job.

LE Dad
01-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Liberty Eylau has had some success the past few years. I won't count the 99 SC.

1 Football SC
1 8aseball SC
1 Girls track SC
2 SC Girls BB tournement appearances
only 1 year did girls not make region tournoment this decade
1 FB Semi Finalist
2 FB Regional Finalist
1 SB SC Semi Finalist
Boys BB has had 2 regional semifinal appearences.
Volleyball made state tourney 1 time I think and has made it deep into region numerous times.
Really only sport LE suck at is soccer

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Cuero assistant Rick Owens named AD/head football coach by unanimous vote of board of trustees :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
01-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Oh I fogot bout Cross Country and Powerlifting and Track and Field. Lots of SC individual medals and I think 1 girls SC in CC but don't hold me to that.:rolleyes:

LE Dad
01-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Cuero assistant Rick Owens named AD/head football coach by unanimous vote of board of trustees You got your man... Just in time for realignment too.:clap: :clap:

bigwood33
01-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Although they are now 4A, Canyon won the 3A Lone Star Cup 5 times and Wylie 2 times. Based on that, Canyon had the best all around program from 2000 to 2009.

bobcat4life
01-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Cuero assistant Rick Owens named AD/head football coach by unanimous vote of board of trustees great for him!

I forgot Celina's volleyball team has made the playoffs 3 years in a row....
and our cross country has been really good too

LE Dad
01-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Got to put Carthage in there too. 2 FB SC and 1 Baseball SC. I know LE has faced them several times in both sports at the regional level. I don't know much about their other programs but that right there ain't to shabby.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-27-2010, 10:09 PM
I gotta go with Abilene Wylie, all things considered, even band and UIL events they dominated.

WOS87
01-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Who had the most Lone Star Cup Points for the past 10 years?? That would be interesting to see...

I need to add on '08 and '09 results to this table but I can't find the original file...

Here are the 3A State Champs in the 3 major boys and 3 major girls team sports

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/3a/3astatechamps.gif

bobcat4life
01-27-2010, 10:13 PM
I totally forgot about our band. they are one of the best in the state. they've won a bunch of awards and stuff, but I dont understand any of the stuff (im not a band person)

bigwood33
01-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I gotta go with Abilene Wylie, all things considered, even band and UIL events they dominated.
That is the point of the Lone Star Cup and Canyon has the best record as a 3A school and Wylie 2nd best.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-27-2010, 10:18 PM
That is the point of the Lone Star Cup and Canyon has the best record as a 3A school and Wylie 2nd best.

Canyon's girls basketball was a FORCE, I saw them easily put up 100+ in a game, not a feat accomplished by a girls team often.

bigwood33
01-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Wow, no kidding! I know they have been dominant.
Our boys played their boys a couple of years in the playoffs and we won...shocked the crap out of them! It was obvious that they weren't used to that!

Daddy D 11
01-27-2010, 10:59 PM
This decade LH has done well for LH standards atleast LOL

Girls basketball went to the state tourny in the 03-04 season. And have made the playoffs every year since.

Boys basketball has made the regional tournament 6 out of the last 7 years. And has won atleast 4 district titles that I can think of. Maybe more.

Baseball has won 4 district titles in 6 years. In 3 different regions. And has reached the third round 4 times.

Softball reached the 4th round in 07, and has made the playoffs 7 years in a row.

Tennis team made 3 appearances in the state tournament.

Track has sent at least one rep to the state tournament 4 years running, that's not too bad.

Cross country has had at least 1 rep 5 years in a row.

And football I think won more games than anyone in this decade? Could be wrong. I know we won 38 in a row and at one point held both the DI and DII State Championship trophies.

I know in the 07-08 school year which would be the 2007 grads, LH won district in every sport except baseball. Any other schools win district in every sport in one year?

There's schools that probably have better stuff but that's pretty well rounded.

BILLYFRED0000
01-28-2010, 09:12 AM
well you Could still make a good statement for Celina:
baseball made 8 playoff appearances, winning state in 2002.
softball has made 6 playoff appearances
girls basketball has made the playoffs quite a few times
we have had a good powerlifting program
up until 3 years ago we had one of the best track programs in the state(boys and girls)
of course, there is our football team as well, and we probably had the best program this decade

Hey you could have mentioned the girls golf team. My daughter was district medalist in 05 and missed qualifying for the state tourney by 2 strokes. And in Band we have two state titles in the last decade and the Choir program has also consistently done well as my other daughter went to state 3 times with superior ratings as a soprano. I still say Celina overall.

Pick6
01-28-2010, 10:17 AM
I totally forgot about our band. they are one of the best in the state. they've won a bunch of awards and stuff, but I dont understand any of the stuff (im not a band person)

Celina's band is best case 4th best in their district. Whitesboro, Argyle and Gainesville has better. Not sure about Prosper, never saw theirs.

shamu85
01-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Who had the most Lone Star Cup Points for the past 10 years?? That would be interesting to see...

I need to add on '08 and '09 results to this table but I can't find the original file...

Here are the 3A State Champs in the 3 major boys and 3 major girls team sports

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/3a/3astatechamps.gif

Oh great statistical one :D ...do you have, in your mongo database, information on the best sports year ever for a 3A school? It interests me because seeing Carthage win the football and baseball championship last year, I wonder how they compare to the Sweeny '84-'85 sports year. Semifinals in football, state champions in basketball, runner-up in girls basketball, state champions in baseball, golf regionals, I think we had a tennis singles champion maybe, I think Tracy Simien won state in discus, too.

Duncanville had a similar year back in the late 90's I think in 5A.

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Celina's band is best case 4th best in their district. Whitesboro, Argyle and Gainesville has better. Not sure about Prosper, never saw theirs. we had 2 state championships in band and consistantly get superior ratings and what not. we have a great band

NateDawg39
01-28-2010, 12:30 PM
[Blah

NateDawg39
01-28-2010, 12:31 PM
[I hear basebal is no longer being counted as a sport

LE Dad
01-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Oh great statistical one :D ...do you have, in your mongo database, information on the best sports year ever for a 3A school? It interests me because seeing Carthage win the football and baseball championship last year, I wonder how they compare to the Sweeny '84-'85 sports year. Semifinals in football, state champions in basketball, runner-up in girls basketball, state champions in baseball, golf regionals, I think we had a tennis singles champion maybe, I think Tracy Simien won state in discus, too.

Duncanville had a similar year back in the late 90's I think in 5A. Liberty Eylau
was in 05 football semis, 06 State Champ in football and baseball, and 07 baseball finalist. 06 girls basketball regional finalist and boys basketball made region tourney. 06 was a big year, but the surrounding 2 were not bad either.

Pick6
01-28-2010, 12:36 PM
we had 2 state championships in band and consistantly get superior ratings and what not. we have a great band

When, I looked on the UIL website and don't see any.

http://uil100.org/archives/music/marching-band.php

shamu85
01-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Liberty Eylau
was in 05 football semis, 06 State Champ in football and baseball, and 07 baseball finalist. 06 girls basketball regional finalist and boys basketball made region tourney. 06 was a big year, but the surrounding 2 were not bad either.

Not even close, though.

CelinaCatFan
01-28-2010, 09:05 PM
What year was it that Southlake Carroll won state in football, baseball, and basketball in 3A?

I've never seen a year like that...winning the 3 major sports in one school year!

WOS87
01-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
What year was it that Southlake Carroll won state in football, baseball, and basketball in 3A?

I've never seen a year like that...winning the 3 major sports in one school year!

SLC never won a baseball title in 3A... just check the table I posted above

kepdawg
01-28-2010, 09:20 PM
SLC never won a baseball title in 3A... just check the table I posted above

It has never happened yet, has it?

WOS87
01-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It has never happened yet, has it?

Not that I am aware of.

Duncanville came the closest back in 1998-1999 winning the 5A-D1 Football State Title, the Mens Basketball State Title and advanced all the way to the Baseball State Finals before losing to Bellaire all in the same school year.

LE Dad
01-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Not that I am aware of.

Duncanville came the closest back in 1998-1999 winning the 5A-D1 Football State Title, the Mens Basketball State Title and advanced all the way to the Baseball State Finals before losing to Bellaire all in the same school year. No, it has never happened, a local writer researched it in 06 and he could not find an instance of it happening. Even our 2 sport titles were not in same school year.

bobcat4life
01-29-2010, 12:53 AM
during the 2001-2002 School year, we won state in football and standaround, but didnt get out of the first round in basketball

shamu85
01-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Not that I am aware of.

Duncanville came the closest back in 1998-1999 winning the 5A-D1 Football State Title, the Mens Basketball State Title and advanced all the way to the Baseball State Finals before losing to Bellaire all in the same school year.

I know Duncanville often has a good girls basketball team, too. Do you know how they did that year? This is the only instance that I have seen that compares to our sports year in 84-85 all around because I think their girls at least made the playoffs.

RMAC
01-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Celina can't be considered because of the time they spent in 2A.

Also, the Lone Star Cup doesnt count Wylie's record in tennis (where they consistently whip up on Canyon). Team tennis in 3A and below is sponsored by TTCA instead of UIL. Also, individual accomplishments in UIL spring tennis don't count in the Lone Star Cup either. Here's how Wylie did in tennis:

- 10 State Team Tennis Tournament Appearances (all 10 they advanced to at least the semifinals)
- 6 Team State Championships (in the last 8 years)
- 3 Team State Runners Up (might be 4...I can't remember one year)
- 12 Individual State Championships

CelinaCatFan
01-29-2010, 04:39 PM
I was almost sure that SLC did it when Dane Johnson and Kris Brown played. Could it have been a year split by realignment (2A and 3A) in a calendar year?

Example: Basketball title (March) in 2A, Baseball title (June) in 2A, and Football title (December) in 3A.