PDA

View Full Version : Do you follow any sports other than high school football?

kepdawg
01-27-2010, 08:07 PM
The impression I get is that the answer for most people is a big fat no. Or perhaps you follow other sports but just don't like talking about them? :thinking:

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
The impression I get is that the answer for most people is a big fat no. Or perhaps you follow other sports but just don't like talking about them? :thinking: I like watching Water Polo...and Man VS. Wild but thats not a sport

LH Panther Mom
01-27-2010, 08:12 PM
I make 2-3 volleyball games most years, 2-3 basketball games (boys AND girls), power lifting meets, track meets and 2-3 baseball/softball games. The only sports I've not watched here are cross country, golf, tennis and swimming.

LE Dad
01-27-2010, 08:14 PM
The impression I get is that the answer for most people is a big fat no. Or perhaps you follow other sports but just don't like talking about them? :thinking: I watch alot of basketball. Just no one posts much over here on it. If I see a thread I will post on it. Most East Texas BB is on Smoaky so I do more posting over there.

bobcat4life
01-27-2010, 08:16 PM
I watch basketball, all levels of football, and I like baseball, but not on tv.
NASCAR is really cool too.

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Anyone a soccer fan around here?

Gobbler Fan
01-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Track - turn left
Baseball - stand around is muy bueno

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Track - turn left
Baseball - stand around is muy bueno I liked watching Basketball in High School. Now it is mainly Football, some volleyball and a little baseball

Green Bling
01-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Volleyball, basketball, baseball, softball, track. Big T&F fan!

44INAROW
01-27-2010, 08:56 PM
No golf followers? :( I understand............ but when Lil 44 was in school - we were out there for 99% of his tourney's -Jr High and all 4 years in high school.. we were also regulars at the track meets, baseball games (even the 1-9 years) basketball (boys and girls) as well as volleyball. Even watched a cross country meet with KN was running for Cuero.. Now that our oldest granddaughter is involved in sports, we try to go to her volleyball and basketball games (soon to be softball next year when she's a freshman) when possible. I admit since Lil44 graduated, our attendance has dwindled some but we still try to support when we can. Baseball and Track for sure ;) (of course we don't miss football games) ;)

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 08:58 PM
I just can not get into watching golf. I love to play, try and hit the courses wherever I am.

LE Dad
01-27-2010, 09:12 PM
I have a suggestion. I know Hemotoxic, Catgut, SHSBulldog and a few others post on Basketball weekly. Maybe if there was a sticky thread that scores, rankings and a little trash talk could occur interest would increase. It would look better to have one long thread instead of a bunch of little threads with 2 or 3 replys.

Just a suggestion....

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I have a suggestion. I know Hemotoxic, Catgut, SHSBulldog and a few others post on Basketball weekly. Maybe if there was a sticky thread that scores, rankings and a little trash talk could occur interest would increase. It would look better to have one long thread instead of a bunch of little threads with 2 or 3 replys.

Just a suggestion.... It would make sense but as when I first started posting a few years back, trash talking leads to bad bad things :(

Old Tiger
01-27-2010, 09:19 PM
softball and track

44INAROW
01-27-2010, 09:22 PM

Just a suggestion....

IF there is ever a thread you think needs to be stickied (ie has updates or something - PM one of us and if it's necessary, we'll stickie it

Green Bling
01-27-2010, 09:45 PM
44, never have been to any of our golf events, but need to try to make one. Know that the state tourney often lands during state track meet, and some try to make it to both. Love to play and watch on TV.

coach
01-27-2010, 10:12 PM
The impression I get is that the answer for most people is a big fat no. Or perhaps you follow other sports but just don't like talking about them? :thinking:

i get that feeling too, but if its a sport ill watch it pretty much

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-27-2010, 10:29 PM
I keep up with track but that's about it other than football for high school anyways.

Ranger Mom
01-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I keep up with track but that's about it other than football for high school anyways.

Same here!

bobcat4life
01-27-2010, 11:07 PM

Just a suggestion.... I agree. I dont even bothering opening those because they get 2 replies and die.

we should get on thread titled "statewide basketball scores" and let them be posted there

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I agree. I dont even bothering opening those because they get 2 replies and die.

we should get on thread titled "statewide basketball scores" and let them be posted there I think we should have a croquet thread...............

kepdawg
01-27-2010, 11:11 PM
I agree. I dont even bothering opening those because they get 2 replies and die.

we should get on thread titled "statewide basketball scores" and let them be posted there

You guys do know a thread doesn't have to be stickied for it to be dedicated to a topic. Just start a thread and posts all your info on the topic in that thread.

kepdawg
01-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I think we should have a croquet thread...............

As long as there is a knitting thread to be fair!

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 11:12 PM
You guys do know a thread doesn't have to be stickied for it to be dedicated to a topic. Just start a thread and posts all your info on the topic in that thread. No we want the mods to do it so we can sit back and relax. Geeze we have jobs and lives ya know :devil:

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 11:14 PM
As long as there is a knitting thread to be fair! Fine but ill need help posting my youtube video of me speed croqueting

Ranger Mom
01-27-2010, 11:16 PM
As long as there is a knitting thread to be fair!

Didn't we used to have an underwater basket weaving thread??

bobcat4life
01-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Fine but ill need help posting my youtube video of me speed croqueting post a link.....

and the Brad McCoy hread should be stickied. It is a legendary beauty

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Didn't we used to have an underwater basket weaving thread?? I think so it sounds familiar

bobcat4life
01-27-2010, 11:19 PM
and badmitton too

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 11:20 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1800

Here it is RM

LE Dad
01-27-2010, 11:20 PM
It would make sense but as when I first started posting a few years back, trash talking leads to bad bad things :( Just depends... Should be alot of trash talking going on next week when LE and PG meet up. Last game was at our place and I would estimate 2-3,000 people showed up. It never gets too bad on the boards though cause as they say " I know where you live" and we know where each other shop and work too.. Just a place to post scores and district standings would be cool. I know how most of ET is doing but no nothing about rest of the state.

LE Dad
01-27-2010, 11:30 PM
You guys do know a thread doesn't have to be stickied for it to be dedicated to a topic. Just start a thread and posts all your info on the topic in that thread. Yes, but the reason I suggested doing it that way is because we seem to start 1 or 2 threads a week and put 3 or 4 posts on it and then start another. Like I said 1 sticky for statewide scores, stats, and district standings. I think it would catch on and by next season you shouldn't need to sticky it. Should attract a few new posters too.

kepdawg
01-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Yes, but the reason I suggested doing it that way is because we seem to start 1 or 2 threads a week and put 3 or 4 posts on it and then start another. Like I said 1 sticky for statewide scores, stats, and district standings. I think it would catch on and by next season you shouldn't need to sticky it. Should attract a few new posters too.

However, people still start threads with the same topics as stickies. I would just like to see people actively posting and discussing more SPORTS topics. Yes, it is the offseason for high school football, but contrary to many people's beliefs high school football is not the only sport.

Ranger Mom
01-27-2010, 11:59 PM
However, people still start threads with the same topics as stickies. I would just like to see people actively posting and discussing more SPORTS topics. Yes, it is the offseason for high school football, but contrary to many people's beliefs high school football is not the only sport.

Well of course it's not the only sport, but if you aren't interested, you aren't interested. I will be the first to admit, I could care less about basketball, baseball or softball. I hope Greenwood does well, but it doesn't interest me...never has, never will.

NateDawg39
01-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Well of course it's not the only sport, but if you aren't interested, you aren't interested. I will be the first to admit, I could care less about basketball, baseball or softball. I hope Greenwood does well, but it doesn't interest me...never has, never will. what if all basketball players wore spike on their jerseys and softball players were allowed to fight to the death? would you watch then?

kepdawg
01-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Well of course it's not the only sport, but if you aren't interested, you aren't interested. I will be the first to admit, I could care less about basketball, baseball or softball. I hope Greenwood does well, but it doesn't interest me...never has, never will.

I know not everyone is going to be interested in every sport. I just HATE the offseason around here!

NateDawg39
01-28-2010, 12:03 AM
I know not everyone is going to be interested in every sport. I just HATE the offseason around here! All you need is love....:D

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 12:05 AM
I know not everyone is going to be interested in every sport. I just HATE the offseason around here! I hate the offseason anywhere, but some of the threads are really funny

kepdawg
01-28-2010, 12:06 AM
I hate the offseason anywhere, but some of the threads are really funny

On what board?

Ranger Mom
01-28-2010, 12:08 AM
I know not everyone is going to be interested in every sport. I just HATE the offseason around here!

Hey!! My "how far do you live" thread fun was semi-fun!!!!:(

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 12:10 AM
On what board? on this board.

lighten up man, and just have some fun

kepdawg
01-28-2010, 12:11 AM
on this board.

lighten up man, and just have some fun

Fun is relative.

NateDawg39
on this board.

lighten up man, and just have some fun Have you not read his signature :D

kepdawg
Hey!! My "how far do you live" thread fun was semi-fun!!!!:(

We learned you're a frankfurter and a hamburger!

bobcat4life
Hey!! My "how far do you live" thread fun was semi-fun!!!!:( there have been some pretty fun ones tonight

NateDawg39
01-28-2010, 12:14 AM
I think the Alpaca thread I started is not being recognized for what it truly is :p

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Have you not read his signature :D yea....he really needs a sense of humor. It'll make you live longer kep

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 12:16 AM
I think the Alpaca thread I started is not being recognized for what it truly is :p neither is my walmart thread or the croquet thread.
the 3000 thread was good though

NateDawg39
01-28-2010, 12:17 AM
yea....he really needs a sense of humor. It'll make you live longer kep Kep has fun in his own way just like you and I have fun hailing McCoy :D

LE Dad
01-28-2010, 12:18 AM
However, people still start threads with the same topics as stickies. I would just like to see people actively posting and discussing more SPORTS topics. Yes, it is the offseason for high school football, but contrary to many people's beliefs high school football is not the only sport. I will help you out then. i will post some of my stuff over here and see where it leads.

hookandladder
01-28-2010, 07:06 AM
I love and attend every Football,Basketball and Baseball games also attend as many Softball,Girls Basketball games as possible. When it was free for me to attend any high school sport, I did not miss. Love High School and College sports, Pro not so much.

catgut
01-28-2010, 07:10 AM
I watch alot of basketball. Just no one posts much over here on it. If I see a thread I will post on it. Most East Texas BB is on Smoaky so I do more posting over there. Same here, I go to several basketball games but no one ever post anything. If they do, it's like there are two or three schools and the rest of us doesn't exist.

LE Dad
01-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by catgut
Same here, I go to several basketball games but no one ever post anything. If they do, it's like there are two or three schools and the rest of us doesn't exist. That's about the extent of it, but I will start it up and see where it leads. I guess if a few start posting on it then it will grow from there. :D

jason
01-28-2010, 09:14 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1800

Here it is RM classic downlow....

before the fuddy duddys.....

trg
01-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Absolutely love football. But I also attend all the volleyball games, softball games, powerlifting meets and track meets (when my son is competing). I like to watch boys basketball and baseball, too. And when my daughter played I went to all the tennis meets. I have also been to cross country meets. So I guess the only sport I have not been to is golf. :(

pancho villa
01-28-2010, 11:15 AM
I like watching all sports except STANDAROUND!

Rabid Cougar
01-28-2010, 01:11 PM
I didn't know there were other sports other than football!!!!